[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dropshipping General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: dropshipping.jpg (21KB, 346x346px) Image search: [Google]
dropshipping.jpg
21KB, 346x346px
Hello /biz/

Does anyone here make a decent income off of drop shipping? How long did it take to get where you are at?
>>
>>1031440

I'm averaging $5 - $10 per sale by drop-shipping from reputable companies such as Walmart, Target, and Macys. I'm having to front a shit-ton of cash in order to get it done though.
>>
>>1032456
5-10$ per sale is very good. Are you putting Walmart products on eBay and then shipping from Walmart to buyer directly?
>>
>>1031440
>Does anyone here make a decent income off of drop shipping? How long did it take to get where you are at?

It's a margin business.

I used to sell a few things, but one I sold a lot of. I also can program and can sysadmin, but I was selling for a friend.

We sold one product which sold well. To dropship one cost $39.41 plus UPS shipping. To ship six to us was $36.01 each, and orders over $200 to our office from the supplier were free, so we got free shipping. I called and asked how cheap we could get this if we sold it a little bit more in bulk and got it for $35.53 each. That's a $3.88 difference, which is huge in this business.

They were also the cheapest reliable dropshipper. There were larger ones, but they charged more than $39.41 for our main seller.

Everything is margins, so dropshipping makes little sense usually. $35.53 us shipping it out versus $39.41 them shipping it out. You make money on saving pennies in this business so that's huge. We had competitors who got it for less than $35.53.

If you buy a lot of boxes from Uline, the more you buy the cheaper the boxes. The same with labels, tape, whatever. If you are billing tens of thousands in credit card revenue a month, you can get your fees lowered. And so on. Economies of scale is where the profit comes from.

Anyone can dropship from a dropshipper, that's why there's no money in it.

I usually dropshipped if I was on a trip or something and needed to ship items I sold, usually at a loss.

Sometimes I listed dropshipped items on my web site (or eBay) just to test consumer demand. Always at cost - which was still too high. Because those selling in volume were selling for cheaper than I could, and were still making a profit.

Another thing - as it gets going, very quickly you start to need a real warehouse, and someone to ship items out who is not you. This creeps up quickly - even selling 6-7 items a day can be a burden.
>>
>>1033344

Anon I ship 50 packages a day myself.

All fragile stuff that needs careful boxing.

The warehouse problem is very real.

If you make good money as a drop shipper, I recommend you sell your house, buy a warehouse, and take the office/reception portion and remodel it until you are happy living there, so you can live where you work.

Anyways everything this guy said is correct, other than what he said about 6-7 items a day being a burden to package and ship. 7 items is 30 minutes.
>>
>>1033350
>6-7 items a day being a burden to package and ship. 7 items is 30 minutes

How much of a burden it is depends on your general situation, how busy you are on that day you need to ship seven packages out, etc.

Also, if you sell 49-50 items a week, all told you will probably be spending more than 3 1/2 hours a week dealing with it all. The actual shipping may be 30 minutes a day, but you're answering customer e-mails, dealing with returns, ordering more shipping supplies from Uline, seeing your reseller is out of an item and calling them and ordering 24 of them and asking them what day their order batch is coming in etc.

I no longer ship as my friend is moving. I am preparing my taxes for my accountant though for another business. These things take time.

During shipping years I had to calculate state sales tax, as well as county sales tax. It takes time.
>>
>>1033344
Yeh. Once you find a niche wih good margins boom overnight competition
>>
>>1033344
>>1033350
Good info thanks
>>
>>1033747

You're drop shipping so you only have to assess and pay for sales tax for customers in your state.

Right? I've been not charging and not paying for other state's sale tax, my lawyer told me I didn't have to, I'm not going to prison, right?

I'm worried anon so please respond k?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.