[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm young and single. I make roughly 48k-55k a year. Wtf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I'm young and single. I make roughly 48k-55k a year. Wtf do I do with all my extra money? My expense are around $1000 a month and I have around 2k extra every month. I have no clue on investing but id like to get into it . I'd also like to run a business one day but have no idea on how to go about learning the necessary skills to start one too. Any good books for noobs at investing / starting a business
>>
put all your money in china
>>
>>1031413
Where do you live? My rent alone (in a tiny efficiency) is 2k/month. Making 100k but it doesn't feel like it when 75% of your money if gone after taxes, living expenses and retirement savings.
>>
buy an index fund and just keep saving
>>
>>1031413
Your monthly expenses are lower than my state's median rent, and I'm not even in a famously expensive state. Where the fuck do you live?
>>
>>1031413
Same boat here senpai

65k a year and low ass living expenses

35k in an eTrade account cause my employer was part of an aquisition

12k sitting in a laughable Chase savings account

Another 30k in my 401k

Zero freaking debt

Halp
>>
>>1031413
Max out your 401k, that's 18k a year. Max out a Roth Ira, that's another 5500 a year. And the rest put in a brokerage account and just buy some stocks you like and hold them. Have a 6 month emergency fund saved up just in case and put the rest in a savings account. It's as simple as that
>>
>>1031507
take on debt
but smart debt that makes money
like starting a business
but not in america since higher debt service costs
>>
>>1031512
My parents rent out houses and manufactured homes in Texas which generates them passive income. They tell me to do it but they bought land and houses in 95.. Way cheaper than now
>>
What do you do where you make 48-55k/year? It seems like I'm at a barrier right now at this 30k/year mark and can't find anything/move up in a reasonable amount of time to anything better.
>>
Invest everything in sprint!!!
>>
>>1031511
What is the point of a roth ira? I thought I was on to something today about it can lower your tax bracket then also read it is not tax deductable. Im in my 20s making just less than 5,500 over 37,450.
>>
>>1031599
There are regular 401ks and IRAs and then there are Roth versions of each. The difference is that for regular retirement accounts, the money you put in is untaxed money. So let's say you have a paycheck of 2000, if you put 700 into your regular 401k your paycheck will be taxed at 1300. But when you take money out of the account when you retire, you have to pay taxes on it. With Roth accounts,the money is already taxed so when you take it out for retirement, the taxes have already been paid so what you have is what you get. Hope that wasn't too confusing, if so just check out investopedia
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.