[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would I go about advertising for a Japanese head baker who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: WAM2252.jpg (115KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
WAM2252.jpg
115KB, 500x334px
How would I go about advertising for a Japanese head baker who has trained and worked in Japan?

I am opening a Japanese style bakery in my hometown (property is cheap) but although I have baking experience, I really need a professional Japanese baker who ideally is looking for a greencard to the USA.

Japanese people don't emigrate as often because they already have a high standard of living, so I really can't count on finding anyone local. Are there sites or headhunters that can match a employer in one country with a professional employee from another?
>>
>>1031233
You're going to have to go to japan to recruit through connections. Someone who knows asian baking inside and out.

I also have a similar dream. Asian countries are so far ahead of europe and america when it comes to food and the dining experience.
>>
>>1031264
Well I happen to be in Japan right now, but I am not able to speak Japanese on a business level.

Would be nice if there is an english speaking recruit agency that I could check in with.
>>
>>1031233
Why do you need a Japanese person to do the baking? Why not get a job at a Japanese bakery while you are in Japan, then come back to the US and open your own Japanese bakery. In the US you don't even have to worry about racist Japanese fucks thinking less of your goods because you're a gaijin. Americans and Japanese-Americans will just be equally happy to buy Japanese-style baked goods.
>>
>>1031388
Well, one I don't qualify for a working holiday visa because I'm from the USA, so I can in a low skill training position at a Japanese bakery, not that I would be hired anyway with plenty of out of work Japanese.

Secondly professional baking is not something you can learn in a short time, it would take at least 2 years of schooling or direct baking experience to adequately produce the quality, consistency, and variety that would be up to the standards for the business I want to run.
>>
>>1031417
In japan right now too anon. Not sure if i can hook u up with some mates who know stuff abt food and bvg
>>
>>1031233
>japanese "baking"

what's so great about it?
>>
>>1031233
Could you even pay what their worth? don't those guys train like artisans for 20 years?
>>
>>1031233
Are you willing to pay a recruiter to do this for you?
>>
>>1031417
I'll just tell you right now your chances of getting a green card for a Japanese person to come and bake for you are between zero and negative 100%. Second, no sane qualified baker from Japan is going to move to America to open a store selling a product that is beyond niche for that country. The bakery business doesn't have a whole lot of money in it to begin with so unless you find a hardcore Japanese section of town you are almost certain to be running a more or less standard US bakery that sells a couple Japanese specialty items on the side.

Don't believe me? Go to the nearest asian part of a large town near you and visit a bakery and check out what they sell. Yes, there will be a lot of things you don't recognize and some signs will be in foreign languages but for the most part it's going to be a standard American bakery.

You said you had baking experience so I assumed you had enough to open your own shop. If you don't have it then you either need to drop the idea or get more professional baking experience. It doesn't need to be in a grorious nihojin bakely, desu. Once you have regular baking down pat just learn some Japanese recipes and add them to your stock.

Fuckin weebs always think there's something special about the way glorious Japanese master race does things but it's really nothing special.
>>
Top fucking kek

Just hire a pinoy or gook baker and call yourself something like "Bakery of the Rising Sun Ching Chong"

Then you wont have to deal with some suicidal nip and instead you will have a good and obedient slave who is highly replaceable.
>>
File: japanese cheesecake.jpg (213KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
japanese cheesecake.jpg
213KB, 1600x1067px
>>1031233
just googled it, man you do not need a japanese head baker, hire a normal baker that is asian and let him but some anime shit on it and call yourself kawaii kuku
>>
>>1031233

>>1031233

Contact a Japan franchise and tell them you want to fund a location.

Or, go to a heavily Japanese or Korean US city and get experience at one of their bakeries.

I live in Koreatown Los Angeles and there are Japanese style bakeries here that are just as good as the ones in Tokyo.
>>
>>1032254
>doesnt know about japanese baking.
>>
>>1031233
Too bad your not opening a polish bakery , guy I know opened one , imported pollacks promising them €400 per week for a 35 hour week , made sure none of them knew any English . Had them living on site , deducted for rent , water , electric etc and had then work 80+ hours a week . Their net pay was something like 200 after all their deductions
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.