[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /biz/ here's a short story for you. Lived in Illinois

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 104956-494x400-gypsy2.jpg (30KB, 494x400px) Image search: [Google]
104956-494x400-gypsy2.jpg
30KB, 494x400px
Alright /biz/ here's a short story for you. Lived in Illinois went to a great community college very reasonable prices and great teachers. Went to get certified in health and fitness instruction aka a personal trainer. Turns out I didn't wanna be one of those, and I just moved down to Tennessee with my mom by Nashville and am going back to community college again and there is one right here but holy crap it is ridiculously more expensive than Illinois and I'm not sure why. 3 classes at this school is 1475 dollars. And 4 classes at the other school was 1320. All 3 credit courses. I'm really wondering if going back is the right decision. I want to become a gym teacher. But that would require me to go to a university for 2 years as well. I'm incredibly nervous idk what to do. My mom doesn't know anything and my dads dead. I just wanna be steered I'm the right direction. 21 year old male here.
>>
3 classes at this school is 1475 dollars. And 4 classes at the other school was 1320.

complaining about a 155 dollar difference, just lol
>>
>>1030605
Try again. It's a 1,155 dollar difference.
>>
>>1030613
seriously, if 1000 dollars is that much of a big deal you shouldnt even go back to college
>>
>>1030628
But you agree that Its a bit outrageous right? I'm kinda poor
>>
>>1030712
if you're too poor you shouldn't go to college...
>>
>>1030593
Damn nigga I feel you

But I think you made a mistake many a youngins make. Niggas wanna go into post secondary school guns blazing but before you know it you want to change your career choice and wasted a shit ton of money in the process.

Just get a stable job for a while sit on what you wanna do BEFORE going back to school. Save up that dosh so that you can pay for what you do decide you really want to do.

Sit tight m8 eventually you'll get tired of whatever bull shit job your ganna work and when that happens, well when that happens the cloud will part and you'll see what you really wanna do. And who knows maybe you and your families financial situation will improve so that you can go to school no worries
>>
>>1030712
its outrageous in the sense that education is a private sector which only exists as a business not a place to further peoples interests and knowledge in a field, yes.

its even more outrageous that people go there and hate what they are doing just to get a piece of paper that says they can do the bare minimum in things

but to answer your question, yes its quite retarded that changing a college just arbitrarily increases the price

do a trades, dont waste your time with college if you consider it too much [coming from a university student studying cs]
>>
>>1030722
I didn't spend too much in the 2 years. And the education was worth it. I feel like I really wanna be a gym teacher though. I originally started going to college to meet people and friends and stuff. But I ended up liking it and succeeding
>>
>>1030727
I thought about trades but I always felt like I would hurt myself doing them. I already have a background in health and fitness too so I figured that would be the best choice
>>
>>1030748
Bump
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.