[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream Business

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: flipflamingos.png (400KB, 1905x888px) Image search: [Google]
flipflamingos.png
400KB, 1905x888px
Look at this shit. This guy has some flip flops manufactured with his logo on them and sells that for €125 a set.

So what makes them so special? Absolutely nothing. Look at the description: ''Summer must-have, this pair of flip flops, detailed with smart label's signature patterning printed onto the soles, and the name of the brand enriching the strap.'' What the fuck?

I would love to own a business like this

What is your dream business?
>>
File: swell-bottle-038.jpg (2MB, 5192x3461px) Image search: [Google]
swell-bottle-038.jpg
2MB, 5192x3461px
Reminds me of those s'well bottle selling for $40-$100

simple design ripped from an intern and manufactured in China. Must make a killing of those.

For me? Running my own edgy satire website. Not going into too many details as I have it in the works.
>>
>>1029995
I haven't ever heard of those, but I can already imagine the hundreds of suppliers on Alibaba.
>>
>>1029973
Wtf they don't even sell them in my size. What is this shit?
>>
there are some guys that know how to sell you the pen anon
>>
>>1029973
I was ready for that to be a friend's brother. He sells flip flops that make different marks in the sand and makes enough at it that he never had to have a regular job.

I want to sell custom software or make toys. But I know enough from participating in either market that it's not going to work. Basically, shit sells. Defeats the purpose of being self employed if you still have to peddle shit.
>>
>>1029973
Just because he's selling, doesn't mean people are buying.

Rich people aren't dumb and poor/mid people want their "wealth" to be seen, so they will go for a ralph lauren polo or something.
>>
>>1029973
aHHH This designer is major shit tier. He appeals to the degenerate trendy. I was going through passport control a fucking Turkish guy with 1980's hairstyle and studs all over his shoes was wearing these clothes..He had a faux razor on the nape of the neck... I asked him "What are those clothes?" I'd never seen anything so odd... In broken english he said "Fee leap Pa lean, ALL all my clothes Pa lean"... So that is all you have to know about who is the market and what group you are a part of if you wear this shit... Dollar store flip flops for 125 Euros? Keep selling to the sell outs...
>>
>>1030177
Big foot master race! Or you a manlet?
>>
I'm from /fa/ and a lot of this plays into the whole high fashion culture. The majority of people "into fashion" have absolutely no taste, and zero eye for design or style. The majority of consumers in that market are just mindless brands whores wanting to showcase that they know who said designer is. People like Rick Owens and Raf Simons consistently sell low quality items for ridiculous amounts, like plain plastic sandals for hundreds or t-shirts with an asymmetrical cut for even more. Dad Simons even sold a pair of Adidas Stan Smiths (60$) with an "R" printed on the side of them for over 500$ this last season.
>>
>>1030264
Its a pretty good market for the ones making money. At first I think of the guy as a scumbag, but then I think, hey, if he haven't thought of it, someone else probably would.
>>
>>1030264
Neat
So how hard is it to ''break through'' with your own brand in the world of fashion? Could you share some famous success stories? I have absolutely zero experience in this market but the profit margins on the products businesses like these sell look gigantic.
>>
>>1029973

quit promoting your shitty flip flops phillippp
>>
>>1030264
>Dissing raf
Fuck you my nigga, but you're right
>>
>>1030812
sory guize
>>
Sounds like apple. 100 dollars for the components, 100 dollars for the logo.
>>
>>1032114
You are right, but at least Apple does do a lot of solid designing of their own.

Half threse clothing products are blatant copies of others with a different emblem
>>
>>1029995
A girl I work with has one of these.
>>
>>1030765
Like getting into the NFL instead of the 100000000 other better trained, better fed players.
>>
>>1032192
Are there a lot of clothing designers who have failed horribly then?
>>
>>1029973
That was the main thing I learned from my first business, we're in "late stage" capitalism now, the normal factors don't apply.

You can have an inferior product thats overpriced but you'll sell titloads if you have marketing capital.

My next run 75% of my starting funds (saving up 10k) is just gonna be for marketing.
>>
>>1032217
How are you planning on spending that?
>>
>>1032555
A little on social media but more heavily direct mailing and trade shows (regional this time not state)

Giving product to reviewers was total bullshit as is giving people samples (excwpt trade shows) and any "word of mouth"

You can buy word of mouth and once its seen enough then the real hype takes over
>>
>>1029973

To be able to cum inside women.
>>
>>1032559
What kind of trade shows are you talking about? Could you tell something about the market you're in? Also, I've read quite a few succes stories about sending your shit to bloggers. I guess it depends on the audience.
>>
>>1032572
just follow your dreams
that's what i do
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.