[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why would someone change careers when it doesn't make sense

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

For example, why the fuck would a laywer quit his law job to become a teacher? He is wasting all of his time and effort at law school. Also, being a teacher is shit with low pay, low social status, etc. These people are probably romanticising their jobs too much. Teaching has its own shitty aspects where you have to deal with kids who don't give a fuck about education and mark exams at home. The grass is not always greener on the other side of the fence. These lawyers can also strive to teach at college level, so why not do that?

And what about engineers, actuaries, bankers, nutritionists, pharmacists, accountants, etc who switch to teaching? Switching makes no sense.
>>
>>1029325
Because they wanted to and they live in a society that allows it.

>But why did they want to?
It's 100% irrelevant.
>>
I don't know why don't you ask them? Faggot OP.
>>
>>1029325
>hurt durr it's all about the money.

Have you ever considered maybe they just want a slice of underage pussy, OP?
>>
>>1029328
I doubt teaching at a ghetto, violent school full of potheads is fun.
>>
>>1029325
Because they wish to and enjoy it.

Same reason some people leave their lives in 1st world countries behind and move to some 3rd world country barely surviving but enjoying their lives. Because they like it.
>>
>>1029339
Kek how is working at a ghetto school fun?
>>
>>1029353
Why don't you ask them?
>>
>>1029336
>>1029359
I don't know these people that well. Surely there are these people on 4chan?
>>
High school was the best time in my life, I've always wanted to be a teacher in hopes of some of that magic coming back. It would probably just be depressing though.
>>
>>1029364
>I don't know these people that well. Surely there are these people on 4chan?

No. There is no people who are lawyers on 4chan let alone ones who went into another profession.

Everyone here is either NEET, underaged, a college student or working a shit-tier job.
>>
>>1029369
>It would probably just be depressing though
Agree
>>1029371
There are some oldfags on 4chan. I've seen them before.
>>
>>1029378
>There are some oldfags on 4chan. I've seen them before.

No you haven't.

Also I would be genuinely interested to see what a faggot who is 30+ that comes to 4chan looks like.
>>
>>1029389
There are oldfags asking about marriage and parenting questions on /adv/ and some of thesr questions deal with kids in their teens.
>>
>>1029371
College student
Working a somewhat shit tier job part time
hes right
>>
>>1029325
I had a friend who was a lawyer for a massive corporation and made so much fucking money. He was head of the legal department and had millions upon millions saved up.

When he turned 50 he quit his job and went back to uni to become a teacher. His reasoning was that his 10 hours a day working were void of meaning, there was nothing fulfilling about helping billionaires work around the law .

I have a friend like you that is just about the money, it satisfies him that he is the richest out of his friends. However, others are satisfied and driven by other things. Psychologists are often driven by a desire to help people, teachers want to "inspire the next generation" and make them passionate about something, lab assistants like making breakthroughs in medicine, etc.

What's the point of doing your job if you want to loll yourself every moment of your working day?
>>
>>1029371
No, I have an investment banker friend that comes here. Not to /biz/, though. I think he's a /pol/ guy.
>>
>>1029463
>What's the point of doing your job if you want to loll yourself every moment of your working day?

This. It's pretty easy to see how teaching might be very appealing to some people. It doesn't even pay that bad taking into account pension plans.

Teaching people about your passions in life and making them excited to learn seems like a very fulfilling experience.
>>
File: wow pol is very good board.png (341KB, 1893x800px) Image search: [Google]
wow pol is very good board.png
341KB, 1893x800px
>>1029465
>Not to /biz/, though. I think he's a /pol/ guy.

An investment banker coming to 4chan let alone /pol/?
>>
>>1029468
It's not that far-fetched to believe.
>>
>>1029463
>>1029466
But working at a ghetto school full of potheads is not fun and probably super stressful.
>>
>>1029371
I'm a qualified urban planner Masters, have a Ba in Property and earn 6 figures every year.
Why shouldn't I cone here, it's fun and the only people in my life who are honest.
I'm an oldfag autist who's made money, I prefer here to the golf club
>>
>>1029533
Investment bankers are normal people. I think people forget that the 'wall street kind' are regular people just end up getting paid a shit ton when they move up the corporate ladder.
It's just a job, like an accountant or a civil engineer. I don't get why it's so unbelievable.

Are most of you guys actually NEET's? I thought that was just a meme and some of you were actually making money. But, if you can't believe a rich guy would be in your presence, maybe none of you even grew up with the opportunities to make money.
>>
>>1029638
>>1029468
>>
>>1029638
Most of the people here are NEETs, underaged or in college.

I just don't see why anyone successful with a well paying job would want to waste their spare time talking to a bunch of NEETs and generally unknowledgable and inexperienced people.

Especially that he mentioned /pol/. An investment banker working 80hr weeks coming home for a couple hours posting about niggers, Jews, "the plague of degeneracy" and browsing cuck threads? Funny to imagine.
>>
>>1029338
Not all schools are in the ghetto.

And it's just one example, people change occupations because they want to do something else all the time. If it makes you happier than having the extra money, then why wouldn't you do it?
>>
>>1029648
I use /pol/ to blow off steam and have mad bantz with other nations. I don't see why a successful person couldn't do the same if they were brought up in this internet culture.
>>
>>1029652
Obviously not all schools are in ghetto regions.
Isn't it true that a lot of new teachers are expected to work in ghetto districts?
>>
>>1029657
Maybe in the movies.

Where a hopeful, relatively young and inexperienced teacher goes to an urban area and tries to educate a class of unruly but hurt teenagers, eventually through love and persistence he gets through to them and they all graduate and some even get into Top tier schools.
>>
>>1029648

Lmao I work 80 hours in PE and enjoy reading /pol/ more than 80 dollar dinners
>>
>>1029371
I'm a lawyer and I come here from time to time.
>>
>>1029325
My geometry teacher had a PhD in Nuclear Engineering, and was making six figures working at GE. When asked why he became a teacher, he said it's because he wanted summers off.
>>
>>1029648
No master of the universe here, but I'm 30+ work in financials. My salary is higher than the median salary in the USA, and I have a year's worth saved up in investment accounts.

I'm currently sitting on the shitter, drinking coffee, browsing /biz/ and /pol/. Gotta leave for work soon, but I'll be back to browse later tonight.
>>
>>1029371
Veterinarian here to show how wrong you are. Even top tier professionals like me come here, this is just another site, not a secret club.
>>
>>1029389
most of us are 30+ you cumsucking piece of shit.
>>
>>1029706
Just that? Oh ok.
>>
>>1029722
>Vet
>Top tier
>>
>>1029389
That much is obvious from how it went from being funny/clever to a sea of verbal diarrhea mistaken for edgyness.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.