[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Acquisition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I work in a small ~150 employee FinTec consulting/software company, and we're getting acquired by a ~300,000 employee company.

How do I navigate this personally? What do I need to be careful of, and what can I do to make the best of this situation? Or do I just give up and start updating my CV?
>>
>>1028918
Are you getting purchased by Accenture?
>>
>>1028918
>300,000 employees
>software
>acquisitions despite volatile economy
Welcome to IBM, brother.
>>
You're gonna have lots of fun :^)
>>
>>1028918
Bail
>>
>>1028918
How do you navigate it personally?

Look for an exit option now. Personally, I would ride the acquisition out to see if it affected things too much. If things change or don't change for the better I'd leave and exercise that exit option
>>
>>1029300
>IBM
>300k employees
I don't think so.

HP Enterprise?
>>
>>1029235
Now that it's 9am, I'm legally allowed to say yes.
>>
>>1029527
Lol I figured. I work for Accenture (or at least I do for the next 2 days.)

If your main concern is keeping your job, I think you'll probably be fine. Accenture buys up these smaller firms on a weekly basis and usually incorporates the workforce. I think the CEO is on record saying he wants to reach 500k employees in the next couple years.
>>
>>1029450
Nope, its FinTech, they got bought by Accenture. I work there ATM in management consulting for financial services, and everyone I know in the fintech space has gotten an offer from Accenture in the last 12 months for a buyout.

They've literally been trying to buy everything they can get their hands on, with over a$1Bn in acquisitions the past year.
>>
>>1029641
Good to know.

What's the reason you're leaving Accenture? As much as I'm worried about being pushed, it is also an opportunity for me to jump.
>>
>>1030411
It was mostly a matter of salary (I'm going to be making 1 1/2 times as much with this move). I was desperate so I took the first number I got offered. Also, I got fucked in the ass in the latest round of reviews because the supervisor I was on a project with for 6+ months left the firm before review time, so I essentially got a C instead of an A. They've changed up the review system since then, I don't know much about the new system.
>>
>>1029450
http://www.statista.com/statistics/265007/number-of-employees-at-ibm-since-2000/

Laid off 60,000 earlier this year and still has over 300,00.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.