[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Powerball
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /biz/ - Business & Finance

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 540x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 540x360
What would /biz/ do with its $500,000,000.00 winnings?
>>
Invest in premium kneepads. I obviously can't pass up such an opportunity to make even more money.
>>
>>1028379
at this point, fuck it. i'm only trying to earn a couple hundred k. money is opportunity to pursue your real goals in life.

but i guess if your only goal is the amount of money you have, i'd still keep it cuz the fucking market is going down and some of these /biz/tards didn't believe it.

maybe open a nightclub
>>
Underage b&.

Even my 10 year old son knows that those winnings are taxed to no end. You never walk away with what you win, welcome to the real world.
>>
I'd pay off my rentals, put a few mill into an index fund, and the rest into cashflowing investments. But I'd be afraid of what that could do to me.
>>
>>1028394
I apologize for not presenting the exact after tax winnings calculated and shown for each state when I posed this hypothetical situation on a Bosnian Bitcoin-pumping chat roulette.

>10 year old kid

Overage b&.
>>
>>1028405

I bet you'd tell everyone you won, too.
>>
>>1028379

fucking spend and live like an absolute madman. the fuck is the point of money anyway???

if you think you'd start a business with that kind of money you are an absolute retard. hurrdurr i have absurd amounts of money, let me put that to work in order to make more money. you only have so many years on this planet, dumbass.
>>
>>1028414
Using the money to make a business is planning for the future. Sure you get a lump sum but people want to live a long time so you need the money to keep streaming.

Donald Trump got 1 million dollars from his father. Did he splurge it all? No he invested it and did something with his life.
>>
pay for winrar
>>
>>1028394
>he lives in a country that taxes lottery and gambling winnings
>his country is """"""""""""""free"""""""""""""""
>>
>>1028417

dude what?? how do you have to plan for the future with 500mil sitting around???
>>
>>1028384

The only correct answer of the thread
>>
>>1028421
Good post
Only millionaires or madmen would.
>>
>>1028394
they're just taxes as income dude

you get to keep quite a bit
>>
>>1028379
i wouldn't tell anyone that i had won, continuing to live as i do now. i'd give money to people and causes in my life when i thought they could use the help. i would buy some commercial property to at least get some passive income going. i would continue to live to chill (i'm a semi-neet btw, (i make money online but i don't work or do anything besides pursue hobbies).
>>
>>1028384
Kek
>>
>>1028394
>Not wife's son
get with the times it's 2016
>>
Invest, start up businesses, donate to charities, job creation, fund science research, etc.
>>
Buy this immediately because it has a fucking waterfall inside of it:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1133-Timber-Ln_Boulder_CO_80304_M15099-99378

Then after that smartly invest and use the rest of the money.
>>
>>1028436
>he lives in a shithole that doesn't even have lottery
>>
>>1028547
Lol le epic meme xD upbote herp derp
>>
>>1028500
Yeah, you'd keep a good chunk of it, but the point is you wouldn't keep near $500m
>>
>>1028449
Think about your future kids, kids.
>>
>>1028379
What's the lump sum and annuity?
>>
>>1028730
Lump sum is $306 mil before taxes, and the annuity would be the full $500 million dollars over 30 years (~$16.5 million/year before taxes)
>>
>>1028738

Lol at this bullshit. infinite money = infinite money.
>>
>>1028754
Yeah, either way you'd be set for life doing whatever you wanted as long as you didn't go full Mike Tyson.
>>
>>1028755
mmmm

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/05/could-mike-tysons-bitcoin-wallet-be-a-contender.html
>>
>>1028394

>Congrats, anon! You won 500 million, but we are taking 30% so you only get 350 million.

>Lel, yeah right, just keep it
>>
>>1028725

Taking the lump sum is the smarter move, and it's not even close. I'm surprised /biz/ hasn't already handed you your shit for this post
>>
>>1028816

Yeah it really isnt close. at 8% growth your 300 million is over a billion in 30 years.

Unless Im missing something on the taxes. Would you have to pay any additional taxes besides humongous income tax in the top bracket?
>>
>>1028394
https://www.usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp
>>
>>1028828

Ah yeah so its 25% federal tax on the winning plus state tax if you live in a cuck state that has one. Plus your income tax which will be another 35%.

>308 mil
federal tax
>229.5 mil
income tax
>149.175 mil

So you get about half.
>>
Fuck man, id move to another country where no one knows me. Or buy a yacht and live on it.

Probably give a million to each of my friends, then spend the rest on rising to the highest ranks in the yakuza and starting a zaibatsu.
>>
I would create a massive ranch and charge people to hunt on certain parts, grow plants and animals at other parts, have a huge house there with a small harem of my favorite women.
>>
Invest and save some of it, give some away. Start a company and head an enterprise
>>
>>1028379
Buy Chain of Islands in the Bahamas

Have custom pirate suit made, hire people to live on said islands and come Sailing with me if I port on their Island

Have custom built pirate ship, complete with 99% replica cannons, have one on each side that are real in case of real thievery, lets see your speed boat take a cannonball pedro
Sail laddies Sail! Yarr Harr and a bottle of Rum!
Then Sail the Carribean, living out my Dreams
>>
>>1028394
>not opening an overseas trust fund
>not having a lawyer cash the ticket in for you
>not minimizing tax and increasing anonymity
>>
>>1028417
donald trump got way more than 1 million
>>
>>1028974
he produced the agreement, it was one Million
>>
>>1028601
>http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1133-Timber-Ln_Boulder_CO_80304_M15099-99378
nice
>>
>>1028824
Lump sum you pay tax on entire winnings
Annuity, the entire winnings are invested and you pay tax on the yearly payout
>>
>>1028835
Do you understand that 'federal tax' and 'state tax' ARE income tax??
>>
>>1028379
Franchises and real estate development.
>>
>>1028981
maybe at one point he got a 1 million dollar loan, but you can't tell me he didn't inherit any more of his fathers money. what did he do, donate it all to charity?
>>
>>1029034
eh what do i know maybe i'm wrong
>>
Invest, start a passive income type business, fuck a lot of bitches, and do a lot of drugs. Until I got bored and kill myself.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1
Thread DB ID: 386268

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.