[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Powerball

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (172KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 540x360px
What would /biz/ do with its $500,000,000.00 winnings?
>>
Invest in premium kneepads. I obviously can't pass up such an opportunity to make even more money.
>>
>>1028379
at this point, fuck it. i'm only trying to earn a couple hundred k. money is opportunity to pursue your real goals in life.

but i guess if your only goal is the amount of money you have, i'd still keep it cuz the fucking market is going down and some of these /biz/tards didn't believe it.

maybe open a nightclub
>>
Underage b&.

Even my 10 year old son knows that those winnings are taxed to no end. You never walk away with what you win, welcome to the real world.
>>
I'd pay off my rentals, put a few mill into an index fund, and the rest into cashflowing investments. But I'd be afraid of what that could do to me.
>>
>>1028394
I apologize for not presenting the exact after tax winnings calculated and shown for each state when I posed this hypothetical situation on a Bosnian Bitcoin-pumping chat roulette.

>10 year old kid

Overage b&.
>>
>>1028405

I bet you'd tell everyone you won, too.
>>
>>1028379

fucking spend and live like an absolute madman. the fuck is the point of money anyway???

if you think you'd start a business with that kind of money you are an absolute retard. hurrdurr i have absurd amounts of money, let me put that to work in order to make more money. you only have so many years on this planet, dumbass.
>>
>>1028414
Using the money to make a business is planning for the future. Sure you get a lump sum but people want to live a long time so you need the money to keep streaming.

Donald Trump got 1 million dollars from his father. Did he splurge it all? No he invested it and did something with his life.
>>
pay for winrar
>>
>>1028394
>he lives in a country that taxes lottery and gambling winnings
>his country is """"""""""""""free"""""""""""""""
>>
>>1028417

dude what?? how do you have to plan for the future with 500mil sitting around???
>>
>>1028384

The only correct answer of the thread
>>
>>1028421
Good post
Only millionaires or madmen would.
>>
>>1028394
they're just taxes as income dude

you get to keep quite a bit
>>
>>1028379
i wouldn't tell anyone that i had won, continuing to live as i do now. i'd give money to people and causes in my life when i thought they could use the help. i would buy some commercial property to at least get some passive income going. i would continue to live to chill (i'm a semi-neet btw, (i make money online but i don't work or do anything besides pursue hobbies).
>>
>>1028384
Kek
>>
>>1028394
>Not wife's son
get with the times it's 2016
>>
Invest, start up businesses, donate to charities, job creation, fund science research, etc.
>>
Buy this immediately because it has a fucking waterfall inside of it:

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1133-Timber-Ln_Boulder_CO_80304_M15099-99378

Then after that smartly invest and use the rest of the money.
>>
>>1028436
>he lives in a shithole that doesn't even have lottery
>>
>>1028547
Lol le epic meme xD upbote herp derp
>>
>>1028500
Yeah, you'd keep a good chunk of it, but the point is you wouldn't keep near $500m
>>
>>1028449
Think about your future kids, kids.
>>
>>1028379
What's the lump sum and annuity?
>>
>>1028730
Lump sum is $306 mil before taxes, and the annuity would be the full $500 million dollars over 30 years (~$16.5 million/year before taxes)
>>
>>1028738

Lol at this bullshit. infinite money = infinite money.
>>
>>1028754
Yeah, either way you'd be set for life doing whatever you wanted as long as you didn't go full Mike Tyson.
>>
>>1028755
mmmm

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/05/could-mike-tysons-bitcoin-wallet-be-a-contender.html
>>
>>1028394

>Congrats, anon! You won 500 million, but we are taking 30% so you only get 350 million.

>Lel, yeah right, just keep it
>>
>>1028725

Taking the lump sum is the smarter move, and it's not even close. I'm surprised /biz/ hasn't already handed you your shit for this post
>>
>>1028816

Yeah it really isnt close. at 8% growth your 300 million is over a billion in 30 years.

Unless Im missing something on the taxes. Would you have to pay any additional taxes besides humongous income tax in the top bracket?
>>
>>1028394
https://www.usamega.com/powerball-jackpot.asp
>>
>>1028828

Ah yeah so its 25% federal tax on the winning plus state tax if you live in a cuck state that has one. Plus your income tax which will be another 35%.

>308 mil
federal tax
>229.5 mil
income tax
>149.175 mil

So you get about half.
>>
Fuck man, id move to another country where no one knows me. Or buy a yacht and live on it.

Probably give a million to each of my friends, then spend the rest on rising to the highest ranks in the yakuza and starting a zaibatsu.
>>
I would create a massive ranch and charge people to hunt on certain parts, grow plants and animals at other parts, have a huge house there with a small harem of my favorite women.
>>
Invest and save some of it, give some away. Start a company and head an enterprise
>>
>>1028379
Buy Chain of Islands in the Bahamas

Have custom pirate suit made, hire people to live on said islands and come Sailing with me if I port on their Island

Have custom built pirate ship, complete with 99% replica cannons, have one on each side that are real in case of real thievery, lets see your speed boat take a cannonball pedro
Sail laddies Sail! Yarr Harr and a bottle of Rum!
Then Sail the Carribean, living out my Dreams
>>
>>1028394
>not opening an overseas trust fund
>not having a lawyer cash the ticket in for you
>not minimizing tax and increasing anonymity
>>
>>1028417
donald trump got way more than 1 million
>>
>>1028974
he produced the agreement, it was one Million
>>
>>1028601
>http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1133-Timber-Ln_Boulder_CO_80304_M15099-99378
nice
>>
>>1028824
Lump sum you pay tax on entire winnings
Annuity, the entire winnings are invested and you pay tax on the yearly payout
>>
>>1028835
Do you understand that 'federal tax' and 'state tax' ARE income tax??
>>
>>1028379
Franchises and real estate development.
>>
>>1028981
maybe at one point he got a 1 million dollar loan, but you can't tell me he didn't inherit any more of his fathers money. what did he do, donate it all to charity?
>>
>>1029034
eh what do i know maybe i'm wrong
>>
Invest, start a passive income type business, fuck a lot of bitches, and do a lot of drugs. Until I got bored and kill myself.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.