[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Saw this on /pol/ (namely >>>/pol/60219809). Do you agree?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: pol.png (22KB, 460x127px) Image search: [Google]
pol.png
22KB, 460x127px
Saw this on /pol/ (namely >>>/pol/60219809).

Do you agree?
>>
File: lmao tbh.png (164KB, 428x259px) Image search: [Google]
lmao tbh.png
164KB, 428x259px
>all of X are caused by Y
>>
I agree that banks are great. No economy can be strong without them.

I disagree that poor people are to blame for Wall St speculation
>>
>>1028204
Eh, banks were giving loans to poor people knowing that they'd never get that one bank for a few years prior to that collapse.

Bad politics caused the crash and left the banks to blame more than anything.
>>
>>1028328
they'd never get that money back*

Idk how the fuck my phone changed that to whatever shit I posted up there
>>
>>1028328
and then sell those mortgages to other banks and didn't tell them they were shit and they were never going to get their money.
>>
>>1028204
banks had incredibly low interest rates, they brought it upon themselves.
>>
The thing they never talk about is hownthe government put pressure on banks to do this shit because "everyone deserves there own home" tax payers took on the risk from freddie mac
>>
>>1028418
And this, ladies and gentlemen, is why electing Bernie is a horrible idea.*

*assuming the dems can gain control of one of the houses of Congress
>>
>>1028418
>>1028445
2008 was caused by banker fraud. If the sub prime loans were rated properly by the ratings boards, and banks didn't mask them as prime, there would have been no collapse.

Investors and insurers of the CDOs would have rated the risk appropriately and the derivatives of those CDOs would have been priced correctly for defaults.

Everyone could have gotten a home still, the banks just wouldn't have made all the CDO derivative money they made by saying AAA CDOs (full of B and lower) had better returns than facebook.

The equity swaps and derivatives of CDOs were controlled by the banks so they could still sell the CDOs at their own prices for huge profits. It is like saying a penny stock is worth $30 and then selling calls on it for $0.50 a share. The actual value of that call should be less than a penny, but it was hidden from the public and lied about the investor value.

I am not voting in 2016, but Bernie wants to break up the system that allowed banks to control the market and the ratings system.
The mortgage brokers were not at fault for issuing them, it was the banks that were willing to buy them so readily and put them into falsified CDOs.

If a car manufacturer releases a car knowing that it is faulty but doesn't tell anyone, do you blame the dealership? The auto salesman had no idea and was going off the information he was told.
>>
>>1028204

It's chicken and the egg philosophy.

But the people would have paid those mortgages if they had not been laid off. And they would not have been laid off if the people at the top of the pyramid had not fucking leveraged everything on terrible loans, and sliced and diced those loans. The people at the top are to blame, obviously. Blaming the poor is like blaming the animals for a farm going under.
>>
>>1028467
Idk if my id is the same, however I'm the guy that said don't vote Bernie.

You clearly are very knowledgeable about this situation so I have a question: what affect did combining the investing and loan banking have on the collapse? I heard someone blaming Republicans saying that had they not pushed for that then the situation could have been avoided. I said that I don't think that would have an affect, but honestly I don't know that was just a gut feeling. What do you think?

If you can try to avoid getting to party shilling, but if it's unavoidable then whatever.

Also if you have any resources where I could read up on this that'd be great!
>>
Bank stocks have given me sooooooooooooooooo much money over the years in dividends so I can't bring myself to dislike them.
>>
>>1028365
>>1028328
its all started in 1977 when the community investment act was passed, forcing banks to give loans to minorities who would never ever qualify for loans bc they had zero things to offer as securities.

>then the banks sold irradiated debt to other financial institutions
they did but i almost have a feeling its worse then that, that the banks knew that they would get bailed out bc the FDIC ensures the money for the patrons checking accounts, but the banks gambled all the money so they purposely put us in between a rock and a hard place
>>
>>1028497
Well , about the poor people paying off their loans;
a big part of the issue was pushing adjustable rate loans. These loans had a very low starting %,but come 12-18 months later, the rates skyrocket,the buyer is unable to pay his mortage, and is in the shits.

These loans also generated huge profits in fees, so they were everywhere.
Compounding the issue were also that they threw these loans after anybody and everybody who applied for them, it was not uncommon for some people to have 2-3 houses AND a boat, all the while making 12-14 dollars an hour.

It's like sending out timebombs in boxes from victorias secret.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.