[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just got laid off

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1427748452229.jpg (36KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1427748452229.jpg
36KB, 482x427px
>friends useless. all they said was "sucks to be you man"
>boss not replying back to provide a recommendation
>can't buy a gun to shoot myself thanks to gun control

what do /biz/?
>>
Apply for a new job and stop crying
>>
File: 1451883010659.png (9KB, 804x777px) Image search: [Google]
1451883010659.png
9KB, 804x777px
>>1027844
hang yourself?
>>
try r9k
>>
Learn from this, grow from this.
Or stay shit.
>>
>>1027844
Seems like you got more than laid off, bruh.
>>
>>1027844
>friends useless. all they said was "sucks to be you man"
What did you expect them to do? Hold your hand?
You probably weren't very good at your job.

>can't buy a gun to shoot myself thanks to gun control
There's alternatives.

Stop being a cunt and just find another job. Unless you're neck deep in debt, you'll be fine. If you are, then you brought this on yourself.
>>
>>1027844

Sorry bro. Your friends sound like they don't really give a damn about you.

The job hunt begins.

Go on Linkedin, go to college career fairs, do some walk ins, make some calls, etc...

gotta sell yourself now.
>>
>>1028091
Frankly, OP, I wouldn't want a reference from a place that laid me off. Think about it. If you didn't deserve it, they're mismanaged enough that their word can hardly have any value.
>>
>>1027844
>>friends useless. all they said was "sucks to be you man"
Wow, so these days having some empathy for a friend who lost a job makes someone 'useless'
>>boss not replying back to provide a recommendation
Wow, people are busy, that's so unfair
>>can't buy a gun to shoot myself thanks to gun control
Hire some range time
>>
Every moment in your life is an opportunity to learn from, good or bad.

Layoffs suck, but an hours worth of googling will tell you that many people have the chance to recover from it- or become more than they are.

Whatever you did: Claims adjuster, actuary, web designer- ask yourself: Was that what you wanted under your headstone?

"HERE LIES ANON- WEB DESIGNER"

Probably not. Learn a trade while you look for a job, it's stable and productive and will really help the self-loathing.

Consider leaving your industry and exploring what else your degree offers you, if you don't have a degree then consider what your work experience offers you. Your boss is probably swamped with people asking for recommendations, consider asking 2 months from now.

Oftentimes layoffs are the wakeup someone needs that their life isnt about their job.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.