[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possibly good opportunity

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: construc.jpg (57KB, 620x398px) Image search: [Google]
construc.jpg
57KB, 620x398px
Pic slightly related, I will begin with some background information before asking my question.

>be 18
>dad is a tradesman, works as a concrete finisher
>he's 3rd highest paid worker, and considered the best finisher
>takes me to work wtih him over summer and during breaks
>meant to teach me the value of hardwork + to stay in school so im not breaking my back
>the owner takes a liking to me, likes that I work a lot harder than the other laborers while being young
>dad tells him i considered engineering for college
>he is interested, asked if I would take classes if he paid for them

So now I'm considering just going into the field that would be most appealing to the owner, get this free college money possibly a full tuition or greatly decreased one + a guaranteed job out of school. What field would be best for this? It's a concrete-construction company that specializes in tilt-up walls.

Any help is appreciated, this seems like a good opportunity to me.
>>
Do civil engineering

I'm an engineer myself, I'll say no discipline is going to be extremely practical toward what you want to do. At least civil is broad.
>>
>>1027613
If he hasn't specified what type then I doubt the owner cares too much what degree you get. College educations are super broad in general and only give you the minimum toolset to get hired. You'll be learning most of the necessary skills on the job, during your summers and co-ops with this guy. The reason he would be interested in you becoming an eng in the first place is because that leads to a p.eng which can then let you approve and sign off on plans and shit. That being said, yeah civil is probably your best bet in terms of being the most relevant.
>>
Get a Civil and an Architectural degree.

The two of them can be done together in 5 years.

One covers all the infrastructure one cover buildings
>>
>>1027613
Mech eng grad here, the only thing uni taught me is how to waste 4 years of time and a bunch of money. And then waste another 4 years because they never taught me how to get a job.
>>
>>1027613
If you don't have the back for it, concrete will destroy your body.
>>
>>1029126
fukken this

worse of all mechanical engineering is a sausage fest. i should have gone chemical or bio since at least they have women.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.