[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My battleplan for wealth: (and by wealth I mean a liveable wage.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1368656000448.jpg (253KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1368656000448.jpg
253KB, 960x1280px
My battleplan for wealth: (and by wealth I mean a liveable wage. wealth can come after, atm I'm making 15k and this shit needs to stop)

my background is design/advertising. i bring solid skills in that department.

THE PLAN:
- self teach python
- create some apps (simple stuff, but hopefully responsive, wellconceptualized and visually neat and clean)
- create a website for my company
- launch apps commercially
- start doing basic marketing to gain freelance clients (lower level programming jobs)
- simultaneously apply for internships as software developer

what you say biz? don't laugh at me, i don't care about making 100k. I'm fine with 40k but a moderately respectable career.

Once those things are achieved I will either
a) do a masters in design
b) do a BA in CS

what do you think?
>>
Can't be worse than the shit you're doing now. Only thing is that I doubt if you're actually successful you will go back to school. It just won't be justified.
>>
>>1027276
>create some apps
>some

very good, keep on the good work
>>
>>1027301

well i want to move to the us eventually. currently have no degree because dropped out of uni just before finishing my design diploma.

>>1027311
what's wrong with that? i didn't imply that they would be complex or huge.
>>
Where are you OP? I'd gladly join your business. Right now I make 25k are year. I actually wouldn't mind it, but I have no schedule, no vacation, no benefits, and am basically on call 24/7.
>>
>>1027276
Sauce?
>>
>self teach python
This is where you'll fail.
Self teaching programming is a terribly frustrating experience. Don't expect to be able to write anything functional before 6 months.
>>
>>1027379
Depends. If you've learnt a language before (assuming it isn't some special snowflake language like VBA) then you can learn just about anything. It's mostly a matter of mastering the syntax.
>>
>>1027379
I did it when I was in elementary school. If a child can learn it, an adult can learn it.
>>
Tip for OP, if you plan on building mobile apps learn something like Java or Ruby. Python is excellent to begin learning coding with and if you plan on doing analytics or web services then stick with Python.

Python is extremely quick to learn and I definitely recommend anyone starting to code to go with it. You'll learn your HTML, CSS, and JavaScript after if you're going into the web realm yourself and not outsourcing the work.

Been teaching Python for 2 years if you need any assurance
>>
>>1027276
Im teaching myself python atm and if you have some experience with java or C++ it's really not bad at all
>>
File: 1429596890764.jpg (39KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1429596890764.jpg
39KB, 426x341px
>>1027276
Jesus Christ that's a good looking body
>>
>>1027379
Keep in mind, 'hello world' in python is just

print('hello, world!')

Plus with things like coursera and udemy, you can get a better teacher than most universities employ for the low, low price of free. I learned the basics of python from Udemy myself (At least I think it was Udemy).

>>1027276
Python's definitely a friendly starter language OP, though for App development you'll probably want Java. Whether you want to dive right in to that or learn the easier language first is your call of course. BTW if you're good at design/adverts, you might want to also check out Elance, that's got to be in demand with everyone starting their own bizniz. Hell, I'd like someone to help me market my quantified horoscope app once I finish it.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.