[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is an associates degree in information security and a bachelors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: super-computer-nerd-580x348.jpg (56KB, 580x348px) Image search: [Google]
super-computer-nerd-580x348.jpg
56KB, 580x348px
Is an associates degree in information security and a bachelors in computer and network security a good idea?
>>
>>1027242
I've never understood why people get associates degrees of they're going to get a bachelor's anyway. What's your reasoning, OP?
>>
>>1027368
>I've never understood why people get associates degrees of they're going to get a bachelor's anyway

Cheaper, can transfer credits, less intensive for people who are/feel they're not smart enough to take on a 4 year school right away, gives you time to decide if you want to do it or not before dropping $10k
>>
>>1027368
go to CC and transfer to a 4 year to save money
>>
>>1027242
>>1027373
>Is _______ a good idea?

Sure, if you're interested in it and planned out what you want to do.

That's like asking "Is becoming a doctor a good idea?" "Is studying finance and applying to investment banking jobs a good idea?", many variables.
>>
>>1027377
what I meant was is it something that pay well and is in demand
>>
>>1027373
>>1027371
Sure but you can transfer with any # of credits or at least you could last time I checked.

What's the value add? Is it just risk mitigation in case you drop out of the 4 year? Do associates actually get hired in CS?
>>
>>1027386
I wasn't talking about computer science. Completely different major. And it's a transfer option that the CC offers. Get the A.A.S and then the B.S. for cheaper. Either way, financial aid and the state is paying for it.
>>
>>1027386
>What's the value add? Is it just risk mitigation in case you drop out of the 4 year?

That's a big part of it. Like I said it's cheaper and some people might not be ready mentally to go to a 4year school straight away. So they'll start in community college to get used to studying and such.

>>1027380
Sure if you're good and have a passion. But don't expect to just get your piece of paper then collect your job.
>>
>>1027393
I'll relocate if I have to. I live in the Northeast so there are a lot of companies that I could work for.
>>
Bumpity
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.