[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Revealing current compensation to recruiters when looking to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: revealing.jpg (310KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
revealing.jpg
310KB, 1920x1080px
Whats Biz's opinion? with some companies/recruiters you'll simply not be able to progress any further in the application without revealing salary/bonus data. On the other hand some articles argue for never revealing first as you're losing the upper hand in any future negotiation. What say you biz? do you reveal, decline to reveal, lie/exagerate?
>>
>>1027210
I've always investigated what someone in my new job would be getting, as far as possible. Otherwise,my current salary +10-15% unless thee new job is significantly higher priced.
>>
I ran into this once. The application left me no choice so I just revealed it. I was looking to change locations and would have been happy with the same salary anyway.
>>
Unprofessional to ask even more unprofessional to give.
>>
>>1027210
I had a bunch of recruiters ask this, but played it off like I wasn't going to switch jobs unless I got a fantastic offer (which was sort of true).

Then I got 2 offers so I was able to play them off against each other.

Got +49% on my old salary + decent signing bonus.
>>
>>1027210
Be vague about it at first, like "it close to market rate for (your position)". You basically want to divert answering the question as much as possible and have the employer offer you a number first. If they say something like "we'll have to end the interview if you don't give us a number" use TOTAL compensation instead of base salary
>>
I gave a range, and said it was consistant with what glass door reported.

As fas as what i wanted. I stasted a hard number.
>>
At this point, I'd give a ridiculously high number. This is because I've had some really bad experiences with changing jobs. I want abusive employers to think I'm too expensive and stupid employers to cushion my fall if I learn they're also abusive.
>>
>>1027210
They're lying. They're only telling you that because they want to push you into whatever jobs they have on their books, which might be lower than your expectations. They don't care about you, they just want to place you anywhere.
The only way to play it is to tell them what your expectations are, and tell them that you won't accept any offer that's lower - and make it clear to them that if they try to set you up with something lower, then they will have wasted their time for nothing.
>>
>>1027210
Basically it depends how desperate you are for the job. I applied to NVIDIA as a software engineer and the guy wouldn't tell me compensation range on the phone interview, even though he invited me to site. I didnt want to waste my time so I never showed up (I'm already employed and didnt want to waste my time. Obviously if I wasn't, I'd show up).
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.