[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking advantage of a market crash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (33KB, 595x298px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 595x298px
How do you plan on profiting when the market has it's inevitably delayed crash?
My plan is invest heavily in silver now, sell when the markets down, which should push silver higher, and buy stocks at discounted prices.

Is there a better way to prepare if you expect the market to fall hard?
>>
>Buying a rock that protects against inflation

>Not shorting the market
>>
>>1027026

Interesting thread.

Is there actually any legit sources which show that precious metals go up when the economy tanks?

It makes no real sense to me that it should go up, except for very speculative reasons. At best, you will probably get gains in line with inflation, at worst you will tank with everyone else.

Cash is king when everyone is looking to sell. That's why I'm keeping my options open for now.
>>
>>1027026
>How do you plan on profiting when the market has it's inevitably delayed crash?
Buy the shit out of stocks.
>>
what will actually happen to OP:
>puts all money in silver, silver down 20%
>meanwhile stock market up 30%
>sells all silver, puts all money in stocks
>stocks down 50%

have fun with your irrational and unwarranted betting strategy OP.
>>
>>1027103
Don't worry, im diversified with bitcoins too
>>
>>1027115
why not just USD? maybe even leverage it a bit if you're a degenerate.
>>
>>1027122
Because I watched my dad play it safe his whole life, and he ended up Living a boring upper middle class life. My life lesson from him was to take as many risks as I could. I'm either going to end up very rich or very poor, but satan damn me if I end up bored, only wishing I had more.

I learned very early on in life, that I regret the things I never did more than then the times I tired and failed.
>>
>>1027136
if you go broke I guarantee you will end up bored and wishing you had more.

in any event, you can trade currency pair forwards and leverage your returns on your cash holdings, since you clearly are a degenerate. if you really don't like stocks there's more alternatives out there than precious metals and bitcoins, despite what /biz/ would like you to think.
>>
>>1027036
>cash is king when everyone is looking to sell.

Kek, you are the guy who never invests in anything.
>>
>>1027141
>>1027141
Actually I would love to hold stocks, I just think there unsustainably high right now and want to keep growing my money in the interm
>>
>>1027147
If you think that is true you can try shorting.
>>
>>1027144
Maybe, because I have not yet bought or sold anything (I am new to this).

I will invest when I see something worthwhile investing in, instead of investing for the sake of investing.

>"P/E of 25 is the new paradigm."
>Muh multi-billion dollar meme startups that haven't generated a single profit ever.

When you see news like this daily, you just know it's trouble. I think the realization has started to spread.
>>
>>1027157
they're already down right now you'd need very very tight stops. Death cross imminent though. Very bad news in china, futures below 2k.
I'm already positioned, and am ready to enjoy the sick gains.
>>
think we can break into the 1700s on the /es guys
>>
File: stocks.png (63KB, 1078x924px) Image search: [Google]
stocks.png
63KB, 1078x924px
>>1027026
Basically do this. Buying 3/4 the way to a trough and selling 1/2 way to a crest should earn you some cash. Otherwise keep money on hand, or have a hedge fund, I guess.
>>
>>1027723
Buying near the trough helps the economy recover, but sadly selling at the absolute crest is what causes recessions in the first place.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.