[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people who studied Business Administration and then teach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: college-professor.jpg (43KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
college-professor.jpg
43KB, 640x429px
Are people who studied Business Administration and then teach it in academia failures or just very fond of the subject? If it is other fields like natural sciences or medicine, you can tell right away that they are the top of the top. But what about BA?
>>
>>1026287
The top of the top don't teach, they have more lucrative things to do. Professors will inevitably be those who can't put into practice what they learned. The best teachers are not paid to teach.
>>
>>1026287

Some of the business profs at my university earn $400-500k/year just teaching undergrad classes. This is at a good school in Canada though the business faculty here isn't world-renown or anything like that.

I don't know about other institutions/areas but that seems like success to me, especially when you consider that a lot of them have already had their primes in the business world and now just relax without stress while earning really comfortable money doing what is probably a chill job.

I didn't study business in university at all but that sounds like a great life path. The real sharks will probably stay clear from academia though.
>>
>>1026292
>Professors will inevitably be those who can't put into practice what they learned.

Do you think they have the knowledge? That their research is real and genuine and will help a businessman. Only that they don't have the capacity to apply the knowledge?
>>
>>1026296
>Some of the business profs at my university earn $400-500k/year just teaching undergrad classes. This is at a good school in Canada

Yeah nah.

Profs do NOT earn $500k/yr. Even Harvard professors only make like $200k starting at best.
>>
>>1026309

http://ubyssey.ca/salaries/search/?faculty_id=15

Here you go, friend. Admittedly nobody on this list breaks 500k (but it's much higher than you seem to think) - though I was nearly certain I had read about a few of those before. I think this information omits some 'expenses' and other things like research grants and whatnot that they also get money for that are not covered under salary.
>>
>>1026316
B-but some meme Finance professor said profs only make ~$120k/yr at mid-tier schools...
>>
>>1026318

Kek. Like I said, I genuinely have no idea how it is in other places but it's really easy to find out the simple facts for Canadian institutions. All of our top universities are public so the finances need to be as well.

Seems like an ideal life path for someone like myself but I don't know if I could deal with the inevitable amounts of bullshit that academia probably throws at you.
>>
>>1026319
Being a prof seems fun as fuck.

>Bunch of nerds paying big money to listen to you babble on
>Respected by everyone
>Easy as fuck
>Probably get tight female student pussy(or boipucci if that tickles your fancy)
>>
Some do some don't.
But being a professor gives a lot of perks. If the pay is not that great (sometimes it is really great), you can get super cheap housing, incredible pay for talks at seminars etc, and great connections for anything you need in life, now and later. Also selling text books is big money. Plus the reputation of being a professor.
>>
Business Administration is pretty useless for skills, it's just a screen to keep neets out. You don't actually learn anything you couldn't learn on the job in 4 years, with taking a few legal courses on the side
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.