[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I kill my desire for a family? I'm 20 and I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: QhpF6rf.jpg (305KB, 1330x1863px) Image search: [Google]
QhpF6rf.jpg
305KB, 1330x1863px
How do I kill my desire for a family?

I'm 20 and I'm constantly thinking about getting married and having a big family, but I don't want that to fuck up my dreams of becoming a multimillionaire...

what do?
>>
>>1026098
Just realize that as a man you can have a family at any point and you'll be fine. In fact your ability to get good female partners increases with your net worth. Getting married now is selling yourself short. I've already made this mistake, you shouldn't.
>>
>>1026098
Travel. Once you see how other people have to travel with shitty kids you feel sorry for them. When you travel you actually change the chemistry of your brain into survival and exploration. Like being a kid again and kids don't think about having kids.
>>
>>1026098
think about alimony and special needs kids
>>
>>1026145
>When you travel you actually change the chemistry of your brain into survival and exploration.
This is the only thing that's made me want to travel. Everyone says I "have to do it" like it's some nirvana BS, but this seems like a legit reason to break the work cycle.
>>
wtf is wrong with the second one from the left?
I am scared
>>
Having kids or getting married doesn't hold you back if you don't let it. Make sure you have money saved up for the wedding and it won't knock your savings/investments. Kids cost less than you think.

Anyone that tells you not to have a wife/kids because it will ruin you is just an idiot that probably can't find women so use it as an excuse to make themselves feel better.

How many successful people have wives and kids? Most. I bet the ratio between failures working at McDonalds at 40 and successful entrepreneurs/businessmen with kids and familys is pretty much the same.
>>
>>1026400
>tfw no gf
>>
>>1026400
>Make sure you have money saved up for the wedding
Then cut the wedding budget in half. At least. Your moms are going to spoil it anyway.
>>
holy fuck what an idiot you are

youre saying that you want to supress your wanting for something in order to have a tiny tiny astronomically tiny chance to achieve something you want less

wow why dont u just kill urself here and now because you obviously hate urself

people like you make me wonder if zizek isnt totally wrong after all
>>
>>1026098

Have a family then.

In many cases a wife and kids offer support, and will motivate you to be more successful.
>>
unless you are a millionaire there is no reason to have kids unless you want them to be a wage slave , you selfish bastard
>>
It's strange that you're feeling this impulse so young. I have the same but I'm 27 and I wonder if browsing /pol/ too much isn't the main reason I want a family with strong white kids.

I'll be enjoying my money and freedom before and will travel the world until I have just enough to go back home. Should last at least 2 years and 30 feels like a good time to start a family.
>>
>>1026511
Listen to this guy and not the other non motivational fucktards in this thread.
>>
>>1026098

You've got a better chance of being a millionaire if you find yourself a partner that is willing to help you get there. I'm married, wife is very happy with the idea of me saving up and investing so I can retire early with a million plus dollars. Find yourself someone that has your sense of financial success and is actually willing to work towards it.
>>
File: Fam.png (646KB, 541x805px) Image search: [Google]
Fam.png
646KB, 541x805px
Family can be an asset.
Risks must be mitigated.
Use sophisticated trust structures to not own anything in your person. should this be the case she will pay you alimony.
Use birthcontrol to not have unplanned children.
Often kids are the motivation you need to succeed.
>>
File: New Marriage.jpg (109KB, 492x480px) Image search: [Google]
New Marriage.jpg
109KB, 492x480px
Don't forget she's a potential source of income.
>>
>>1026180

Keep in mind its mostly a girls thing though, ie they travel at a young age because thats when they are most desirable. Work on your career instead so you can travel as a rich 30 year old, not a college kid...
>>
File: klokov.jpg (55KB, 497x500px) Image search: [Google]
klokov.jpg
55KB, 497x500px
>>1026112
/thread
>>
>>1026522
>I wonder if browsing /pol/ too much isn't the main reason I want a family with strong white kids.

Uhm yeh absolutely. Whats the utilitarian value of that proposition? More white colored people for a future you wont exist in? Not browsing /pol/ will do wonders for you chap
>>
>>1026618

>the desire to have children was invented by /pol/ and did not occur in nature before
>>
>>1026728
> not 100% factual
>>
>>1026098
Most people want families because they're afraid of being lonely
>>
>>1026098
28 yo married with kids here. It is totally possible to do both OP but it takes commitment. Don't plan on having any free time for yourself
>>
>>1026098

Get a female roommate. You will never want to live with a woman ever again.
>>
>>1026112
How did that work out for you?
>>
woman cost money, anyone who says else is blindfolded.
>but woman participate!
yes they do, but please do your research before making such claim
>>
>>1026098
The need to build a family is testosterone based which is very high in your 20s.

keep in mind that most women that you have not already established social ties will not look at you unless you look amazing, or are very sociable because they too will be looking for income, or self sustainability.

If you want to be a multimillionare you could spend the next 10 years grinding job money towards that goal I guess. One shortcut would be to have perfect scores in college. That makes women hot under the collar for your bod.
>>
>>1026618
Shitskin detected
>>
File: no kids.png (1MB, 1667x882px) Image search: [Google]
no kids.png
1MB, 1667x882px
>>
>>1026858
My wife makes 6 figures and has spent more on us than I have. Cool blanket statement.
>>
Babysit for a day

All child making desire will leave you. Doubly so if it's a toddler.
>>
>>1026098
I feel sorry for that father... 5 women in the house... shit...
>>
>>1027952
This. My mom ran a daycare. I never want to have a kid. If you have siblings, encourage them to have kids. Then you can be active in their lives instead.

Also if you have kids that look like the girls in OP. You'll have to rape them.
>>
>>1028053
My thoughts exactly. In 1-2 years the guy will have "Ive seen some sh*t face" in his pictures once daddy's princesses will go looking for teyvon.
>>
>>1028055
except the second to the left
>>
>>1028075

especially the seco... nah just kidding
>>
>>1026098
Live your life. I think a family teaches you more about yourself and is another way to improve yourself while helping others.
I never had the best family but I want to atleast offer as much to my kids as my parents did me, I think I owe my parents that much if anything
>>
>>1028074
>once daddy's princesses will go looking for teyvon.
Can we go a single thread without that? Seriously?
>>
>>1027949
Does she respect you?
>>
>>1028172

Women lose respect real fast- the only ones they respect are people they don't get to know.

You could be self made multi millionaire who invented a new ball bearing that goes in some socket somewhere and she will lose respect because you don't know how to change the brakes on your car.
>>
File: 1441293664195.jpg (144KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1441293664195.jpg
144KB, 1024x576px
>>1027946
Keanu is pretty sad sometimes tho
>>
There is a strong case in history that the greatest and most successful men were not people who sacrificed one dream for another- They were the people who fought to have both.

Traveling is no joke though-It reminds you that you're free. You can save up a few grand from working part time at a steakhouse and completely change your fate/path/destiny in life. Sometimes just knowing that as a young man is enough to drive you to levels of courage and dedication you've never thought possible within yourself.

Hollywood does glamorize the concept of the rich bachelor, from Iron man to wolf of wall street- even down to sitcoms on television. Mad Men tells you that powerful, influential men with families were a thing of the past.

Don't listen to that- Live your life according to you, because you will seriously loathe yourself if you spend half your life playing someone elses game instead of your own.
>>
>>1028199
Wise anon
>>
>>1028192
That's because his life is a Shakespearean tragedy. The fact that Keanu hasn't killed himself means his willpower is stronger than most.
>>
>>1026098
Got married at 19, separated at 21. Wifey always said "someday we will have kids when we can afford it". Probably wouldn't want to go through with it if she said yes anyways.

Cheated on my wife for some tumblr tattoed whore who romanced me into the idea that she wanted kids as badly as I did. She dumped me and now I'm homeless.

I still think having a family is the greatest joy a man can have. Looking forward to my second divorce someday. It's a vicious cycle. I think about hanging myself every day.

True story.
>>
>>1026788
>Don't plan on having any free time for yourself

Nigga why even live then?
>>
>>1029208
>Cheated on my wife for some tumblr tattoed whore
Shouldn't have stuck your dick in the crazy, but congrats on the sex.
>>
>>1026098
if that guy didnt have a family and chose money instead, he would be totally alone in that pic, he could hop in his 100k car by himself to go to mcdonalds or what the fuck ever in normal mindnumbing traffic, then after a long day at work go to his million dollar home to sleep alone. 20 years from now he would be that single uncle in his 70s. somehow this is better instead of having a wife, 4 kids, and maybe 10 grandkids?

im 31, single, earn 270k a year, and am jelly as fuck of that guy. money only enhances shit you already have. its not that great to sacrifice your entire life for.
>>
File: 1355784760109.png (291KB, 532x433px) Image search: [Google]
1355784760109.png
291KB, 532x433px
>>1029229
>earn 270k a year
>>
>>1026595
This, I wouldn't mind marrying a woman that earns similar to what I do. Currently half-dating a woman (we live in different countries, go on vacations together 3-4 times a year or so) and we both earn the same, around 60k at 24 a person.

It's brilliant, we can book vacations and none of us has to think about money or who foots the bill.
>>
>>1029302
10 years ago i started an online computer supply company. the first 3-4 years i rolled all the profits into the company to grow it while rolling coins to buy gas for my 500 dollar car. now we [my business partner and i] do over 2 million a year in sales and projecting to do 3 mil this year. roughly 30% profit, split 50/50. most of my income is actually left into the business to continue to grow it so im not taking home almost a grand a day, but yeah, on paper, that is what i earned last year.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.