[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you participate in 'after hours' ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1327822767797.jpg (52KB, 400x536px) Image search: [Google]
1327822767797.jpg
52KB, 400x536px
how do you participate in 'after hours' ?
>>
Usually with my secretary and with the door locked.
>>
>>1025726
You'd have to have a broker that will grant you access (so not some shit like Robin Hood), and it may be tied to how much money of yours they hold.
>>
>>1025726
On more sophisticated platforms like Interactive Brokers' TWS you can specify that you want the order to participate outside if regular hours as easily as checking a checkbox. But there are greater risks associated with post-market and pre-market trading. So be aware of those. Some include extremely low liquidity, extremely wide spreads, and no price protection on slippage
>>
the stocks i babysit will have after hour changes only some days. why is this?
>>
>>1025803
Likely an economic news event affecting the economy, sector, industry, etc, or a stock-specific news event like earnings, dividend, guidance, etc. Also just randomness
>>
Is after hour changes in price due to those stocks being traded in other countries during their respective hours?
>>
>>1025893
No its due to after hours activity. Just like the regular market but with higher entry barriers and less information available. It is mostly the domain of institutional traders.

Also, if you watch those values you will see they are often scattershot. It seems like most of the time after hours activity has very little to say about what happens when the market opens.
>>
>>1025893
No. Generally most companies are only listed on one exchange, but not always. It's possible that that can happen with a foreign company that is listed on their home country's exchange and also trades in US as an ADR. But that's not what you're seeing in the very vast majority
>>
>>1025737
Kek
>>
>>1025803
insider info.
There is no justifiable reason a publicly regulated stock should be moved after hours.
>>
>>1025948
>There is no justifiable reason a publicly regulated stock should be moved after hours
And this is a great example of why you should never listen to the idiots around here.
Earnings reports (which drive a stock's price in massive percentages) are ALWAYS announced after hours.
Clearly, this dipshit has lots of experience.
>>
Just trade futures open 24/6
>>
>>1026647
I do that myself.
But the approval process is a little uncomfortable.
"Question #3: How much money could you get your hands on in 3 days?"
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.