[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Just moved to new state >Rent shitty apartment >Go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: check-redacted500.jpg (27KB, 500x212px) Image search: [Google]
check-redacted500.jpg
27KB, 500x212px
>Just moved to new state
>Rent shitty apartment
>Go to post office to get mailbox key
>Open mailbox
>Find treasure trove of mail from last year
>Refund check for $242.56 from local golf course
>Made out to last occupant
>Dated 09/15/2015

/Biz/, how do I cash this without going to jail?
>>
>>1025603

you don't that's the whole idea of checks
>>
>>1025605
I've cashed checks before. Sometimes they do not ask for an ID.

What about cashing the check via my phone using the bank app? Photoshop my name over?
>>
File: 3d pepe gun in mouth.png (147KB, 358x398px) Image search: [Google]
3d pepe gun in mouth.png
147KB, 358x398px
>>1025615
That sounds like a horrible idea. It's not worth the risk.
>>
It's 200 dollars poorfag.
not worth wiping your ass with.
>>
By now they would have complained to the golf course about not getting the check, the golf course would verify that it hasn't been cashed and they would have voided it and written a new one
>>
>>1025603
Why not contact the owner of it and they may give you a reward of 50 bucks or something? And plus you don't risk jail time
>>
>>1025603
Did you seriously just open someone else's mail? The fuck is wrong with you??? Its a crime to do that. Just write no such adressee on the envelope, pop that shit back into the mailbox and make the Post Office deal with it.
>>
>>1025691
>Did you seriously just open someone else's mail? The fuck is wrong with you??? Its a crime to do that
american pussy detected

who fucking cares about the check. try to cash the check, if they cash it, bolt it, if you sense they know something's up, bolt it. literally NOTHING will happen unless you're stupid. if you don't wanna do that, you can always fuck around with it, stick it in someone else's mail or something
>>
Pay a crackhead 50 to cash it
>>
>>1025603
You will endorse/sign the back of the check
It will be cashed with your own account used as recourse in case the check isn't honored
It wont be
Bank will take your own money to pay for the check
Probably also report you
>>
File: image.jpg (912KB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
912KB, 4128x2322px
Problem is the check fraud or cashing, it's that it came through the mail

>18 U.S. Code ยง 1708 - Theft or receipt of stolen mail matter generally.
>Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

The question you have to ask is if you're going to risk a felony for the potential benefit of $243
>>
>>1025718
>thinking they can prove the check ever actually came to his mail
>>
Just find a homeless guy who still has his ID to cash it. Give him 30 bucks to do it.
>>
>risk literally going to jail over $200

Lolwat
>>
File: 1295227878833.jpg (60KB, 331x334px) Image search: [Google]
1295227878833.jpg
60KB, 331x334px
>>1025722
Uhh, they just have to ask the people that wrote the check. They'll say it was sent to 123 Faggot St, Faggotville, Ohio. Which, I'm pretty sure also happens to be OP's address.
>>
>>1025633
Hnnnnnnng negotiable instruments.
>Write on back (or get a good friend to, so different hand writing) "Pay to Anon"
>Sign the former recipients name
>You are now the bearer of this check and can deposit it
>>
>>1025769
Then just take it to Walmart or 7/11 and get cold hard cash? Seems too easy.
>>
>>1025603

Getting convicted of check fraud is not worth the risk for $250.

And even then, you need ID to cash the check, so how you gonna get past that?
>>
>>1025603

Sometimes I'll go into a bank where I know the teller.
>>
>>1025603
My friend was in between banks cause hes a degenerate.

He asked me if I could cash a check for him during non-bank hours. I took it to the ATM, had him sign the check and right 'for deposit' on it. I think I also signed it, I cant remember.

I deposit it into my personal account and give him the cash.

No one ever questioned anything.
>>
>>1025782
How exactly are they going to trace it back to me if I deposit it at Walmart? and I use his idea? >>1025769
>>
>>1025605

/thread
>>
>>1025798

Transactions are "time stamped" and they have security cameras.

It's not rocket science, Anon.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.