[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /biz/raelites I just watched Margin Call and thought about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: margin-call04.jpg (252KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
margin-call04.jpg
252KB, 1280x1024px
Hey /biz/raelites
I just watched Margin Call and thought about watching some other, arguably better biz-related movies, something along the lines of the original Wall Street, but any good documentaries are fine too.
In short, movie thread
>>
>>1025438
I liked "hustle" when I was still in highschool, also would say "narcos" is somewhat /biz/ related.
>>
>>1025438
Margin Call was such an oversimplification. Not a bad movie but too many silly Wall Street tropes and all that.
>>
>>1025438

Heres a list op. Related, slightly related and documantry.

American Pyscho

Arbitrage

Barbarians At The Gate

Billion Dollar Day

Black Wednesday

Boiler Room

Capitalism: A Love Story

Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room

Floored

How to Make Money Like Top Hedge Fund Managers

How to Stay Out of Debt: Warren Buffet

Inside Job

Margin Call

Other People’s Money)

Pi

Quants: The Alchemists of Wall Street

Rogue Trader

The Ascent of Money

The Pit

To Catch a Trader - PBS Frontline documentary about the SAC trial

Too Big to Fail

Trader.

Trading Places

Trillion Dollar Bet

Wall Street 1)

Wall Street 2

Wall Street Warriors series

Why Are We All in Debt? - part1 - part2 - part3 - part4

Wolf of Wall Street
>>
File: sc-1806.png (151KB, 1715x992px) Image search: [Google]
sc-1806.png
151KB, 1715x992px
NOVA - Mind Over Money
Can markets be rational when humans aren't? Aired April 26, 2010 on PBS
The problem is markets aren't economic they are psychological. No one wanted $3.50 silver in 1997 but they sure as hell cleaned off the shelves at $50. No one wants oil and gold now, guess what will be the winners in Q1? I'm going to guess no one is looking for new ATH in US stocks in Q1 either
>>
Narcos is great! You can find it on Netflix. You can learn a lot on how to do business with Pablo Escobar.
>>
>>1025606
You mean kill indiscriminately and then be surprised that there are consequences?
>>
Le capital

I really like this one
>>
The big short was a great movie
>>
>>1025507
>No one wants oil and gold now, guess what will be the winners in Q1?
I'll take the other side of that bet.
>>
>>1025654
Was it really? I read it was entertaining but not exactly accurate in any way. Have yet to see it, though.
>>
>>1025438
Barbarians at the Gate
>>
>>1025624
>Le capital
I'm flabbergasted anyone knows this film here. It was surprisingly good although a bit stereotypical.
>>
>>1025690
They used the actual trader terms and hired real life actors to be themselves to explain them in scenes. Maggie Robbot from WOWS was naked in a bathtub explaining CDOs to the viewers.
>>
>>1025727
Sounds promising, thanks.
>>
>>1025438
here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MebaDb6HXyU
>>
>>1025755
and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPhF_YwWvoM
>>
>>1025457
That was the intent. They gave everything in generalities all movie. The firm had no name, the amount of losses/money never named, etc.
>>
>>1025918
I've counted three times where one of the higher-ups, all the way up to Fuld, said something like "can't you put that in easy terms?" or "I can't read that chart!"
Am I really supposed to believe that the CEO of one of Wall Streets biggest banks, who's worked there for 40 years, doesn't understand technical analysis?
>>
>>1026399
i didn't need a chart to know there was an upcoming interest rate hike cycle
nor do i need a chart to understand the implications of a new rate hike cycle
>>
Money for Nothing

It's on Netflix.
>>
This is a documentary on LTCM, a hedge fund run by two Nobel prize winners in economics, that nevertheless went bust in 1998:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEv5vDhawFg
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.