[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I made a movie. I need 50,000 people to view it to make my money

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 4619769032.jpg (1MB, 4524x3234px) Image search: [Google]
4619769032.jpg
1MB, 4524x3234px
I made a movie. I need 50,000 people to view it to make my money back (approx $10/each). How do I do this if I had lets say fifty grand to pay for it.
>>
File: bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg (30KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb.jpg
30KB, 400x400px
>2016
>Paying for movies
>>
>>1025106
Host private screenings and try to find theaters that will show it. Usually the majority of ticket sales go to the distributor, but if you're your own distributor then obviously it goes to you.
>>
>>1025113
Put as much money into marketing as possible, but $50k probably won't get you very far. You will probably want to take a guerilla marketing approach, and maybe try and do interviews or publicity stunts to promote it
>>
wheres the trailer? teasers?, facebook page? twitter? hot chicks to get people interested, etc...

you can do all of this by yourself
>>
>>1025106

elaborate. What kind of content are we talking about?
>>
>>1025116
I have all that but it doesn't do shit. I need to tap into the vein of the masses. Like How about like YouTube ads, if I paid 50k for 5 million trailer views, and it's a good trailer. How many of those would view it. That is the kind of easy formula I'm trying to figure out
>>
>>1025125
>easy formula

There is no easy formula faggot
>>
>>1025130
there should be solid data
where 5000 youtube views = 1 person buys it on average
50 facebook likes = x, etc...
I dont know why all film people keep this shit a secret]]

>>1025123
a horror flick, with z list celeb
>>
File: cuckphone.jpg (40KB, 645x484px) Image search: [Google]
cuckphone.jpg
40KB, 645x484px
>>1025106

>Paying for a movie camera

Sell that back to whoever scammed you out of a $20,000 meme movie camera
>>
>>1025167
It doesn't work like that, if there was a formula it would be incredibly complex and unreliable because of the myriad of factors affecting it
>>
>>1025106
Pay people $1 each to watch it.
>>
Movies is good business one that i hope to get in to myself one day. Production side that is.

The key with low budget films is to enter film festivals and competitions, then go to companies offering product placement. Product placement is where most of the money comes from.
>>
>>1025214
kek

no

It's a little boost for financing, that's about it.

>>1025114
This. You should have done this research before you hit the red button you stupid faggot.

Get ready to be fucked up the ass by sunk costs. Barring a distribution deal or getting a real directing gig from the strength of your backyard feature, you might break even if you figure a year of your productive lifespan is worth nothing.
>>
>>1025106

wat?

Dude I work in film as a cameraman. My brother is a director.

This is not how you make money.

The "Indie" film is a showpiece, so someone in Hollywood takes notice of your work, then hires you on to something that will pay you well.

If you have some questions, feel free to ask, but your strategy here is pretty damned silly.
>>
>>1025125
>I have all that
Post trailer
>>
>>1025642
This, post the trailer so we can laugh at you
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.