[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

E-Mindfuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 311x162px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 311x162px
First and foremost, I apoligize if i sound like a total fucking idiot, but my hours of research had led to no answer, and i'm starting to get irritated, I started getting interested in investing about two weeks and have been studying through beginner finance books, the WSJ, and Investopedia. Anyway....

What exactly is an E-mini???

I know that its a futures contract based on the index it supports, and I understand most of the other basics around it. What I want to know is- Is the E-mini managed? Who determines the futures contract every quarter? I know that I can buy shares of the E-mini and trade it like stock, which means it has to be a fund of sort, but how in the god damn hell is it managed? Also, I read that it's funded by futures contracts supporting the opposite view. Is it an individual futures contract or is it a collection of futures contracts that include securities within the index?

From my understanding the E-Mini is just a very large Futures Contract on the value of the corresponding index and you can trade shares of it.
>>
<==3 dumbass
>>
If you are just getting started with investing two weeks ago I would highly caution you against "learning" about financial instruments too complex to understand at a glance. I don't say this to be condescending, but to save you money. Investing is complex enough that working with simple concepts like what stocks and bonds to pick up can be difficult enough on a good day. Learn to pick out good businesses that are undervalued and buy into them.
>>
>>1024480
The futures contracts for the S&P500 got so expensive that hardly any regular joes could trade them. Someone said "what if someone made an electronic miniature futures contract for one fifth the value?"

The e-mini was born. Lower cost per contract and more liquidity as a result
>>
>>1024480
you are a newb why do you care what futures are
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.