[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quick question, is it still better to mail something to a business?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1406.png (3MB, 1632x1224px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1406.png
3MB, 1632x1224px
Quick question, is it still better to mail something to a business?

Or should I just email it like everyone else does nowadays?
>>
>>1024438
Email...

No one fucking reads letters anymore, Grampa.
>>
>>1024439

But how employers would rather have you bother them in person for a job to show persistence blah blah...

Doesn't the same rule apply here?
>>
>>1024440
A letter never gets there and it is highly unlikely they will even get to read it.

Email or Call.
>>
>>1024440

Lol no. They are both equally impersonal.
>>
File: 1447976129577.jpg (45KB, 640x425px) Image search: [Google]
1447976129577.jpg
45KB, 640x425px
>>1024441

Well damn, well it's already mailed out.

I'll just call/email if I don't get a response.
>>
>>1024440
>>1024445
>>1024444
Also that.

Le "persistence" meme is annoying as fuck and most of the time does nothing. Just apply to more places instead of wasting time.
>>
>>1024444

Nice quads, but I have to disagree. If I had a bodega and a bum/teenager was cleaning the front of it with a broom every time I opened/closed, I'd have to hire him eventually.

>>1024450
It's not a job app, trying to get them to invite me over to start something big.

Seems the "persistence meme" only works for wage workers the way you put it.
>>
>>1024445

Just email them what you said. Who cares if they get a repeat in the mail?
>>
>>1024453
>If I had a bodega and a bum/teenager was cleaning the front of it with a broom every time I opened/closed, I'd have to hire him eventually.

You're not an employer though. It's annoying when the hiring manager is dealing with 3000 other applicants and a bunch of other responsibility. No one remembers who the fuck John Anon is and why he's calling about some irrelevant job they don't care about.

>>1024453
>It's not a job app, trying to get them to invite me over to start something big.

A brief email/MAYBE thank you letter in mail is standard.
>>
>>1024458

>A brief email/MAYBE thank you letter in mail is standard.

So you're saying the thanks comes in the mail after the email.
Makes sense
>>
>>1024461
I guess. It's either or, but if you're a really desperate cuck you can do both.

Tbh you can't fuck up doing it other than wasting your time, do it but do it lightheartedly and not write 6 paragraphs like a fucking sperg about how you did all your homework on the company and you know the hiring manager's entire bloodline and you'd love to work there and it's been your dream since a child and how every single thing you do in life relates to you wanting to work there.
>>
>>1024466

lol, true
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.