[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My uncle owns a car repair shop and gas station, the gas station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: GS.jpg (98KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
GS.jpg
98KB, 1000x750px
My uncle owns a car repair shop and gas station, the gas station portion has a small mart that sells drinks, sunglasses, cigarettes, phone chargers, and junk food.

The current selection of all those items is pretty bad, for instance there is no Arizona iced tea, no sour candy, no American Spirit cigarettes, etc.

I currently work at this place on sundays for extra money, I was thinking of stocking these items myself and selling them here; I'll give my uncle a cut since it is his place.

My only problem is that the place is kinda slow since his station sells gas at a pretty high price compared to the no-name gas station across the street.

What do you guys think of this? I was thinking of selling stuff on ebay but this seems like a better idea to me since I won't deal with ebay fees.

I see people coming in all the time asking for swishers or American Spirits, we just don't have them in stock.
>>
Sorry for the editing, I'm on my shitty phone.
>>
>>1023786
Id say it would be a good idea anon, im sure he wouldn't mind. you would just need to make sure you weren't getting shafted the other 6 days when you weren't there to watch your investment
>>
>>1023797
I trust my uncle, he's been good to me so there is no way he's going to bullshit me when it comes to this. I'm just afraid the items are going to sit and not sell.

Seems like a safer way to make some extra money than fucking around with the Robin Hood app and buying stocks.
>>
>>1023786
Seems worth a shot. But how much profit will that yield per item? Where are you getting the items you'll be selling? Buying from a distributor or what?
>>
>>1023813
My uncle has a wholesale license so I can buy goods without sales tax and I can go to wholesale cigarette stores that sell cigarettes at reduced prices.

I still need to figure out the profit per item.
>>
>>1023816
So why isn't he currently doing it? Can't be arsed? Doesn't understand what items to stock?
>>
>>1023819
He doesn't give a shit. He only gets inventory from the local Sam's Club which is two blocks down. If something is not available at Sam's Club, he wont get it. I'm also sure there are places with better prices than Sam's Club.
>>
>>1023834

I doubt it, since your uncle probably buys in bulk. Your best bet is to try and find a wholesaler (be it Costco or an online storefront).
>>
>>1023834
Why? Does makes bank on the mechanic side of it or is he an alcoholic?
>>
>>1023842
Yeah the mechanic side is super busy compared to the gas station and food mart. He makes his money fixing cars.
>>
>>1023840
I have a costco membership and a sams club membership. With my uncle's wholesale license I wont be charged sales tax at both locations.
>>
Sell things inside to help lower the gas prices?

> it's a revolution
>>
Yes I would say stocking exotic shit is a major key. I personally used to go to a convenience store all the time for a brand of chips I couldnt get anywhere else. While there I would also get gas and a drink.

Id try to find of lots of stuff like that. Some kind of really good beef jerky made by a small operation would also really help. Jack links and all other big beef jerky producers are absolute shit and people usually only buy it because its the only option.

More stuff like that really. Stock shit that will bring people in.

Also for fucks sake dont use those wax cardboard cups for coffee. I have boycotted 7-11 for that shit.
>>
>>1023786

You have this all wrong.

Order the shit with your uncle's money, and give him 100% of the proceeds

When he sees gross margins go up, you'll have proved yourself useful to him- he's your uncle. He's not going to screw you.
>>
>>1023786

I feel the need to post again because your post pissed me off so much- stop being a greedy shit.

Either make your own money on ebay, or, try to do good work for your uncle.

Stop looking for ways to squeeze pennies out of family

moron
>>
>>1023948
>>1023945
Read through the thread dipshit, my uncle doesn't even run the mart anymore, all he does is fix cars. There are like 4 bags of chips for sale.

Go suck a dick, faggot.
>>
>>1024218

Wow, you don't know how to take criticism huh?

Not gonna make it far with an attitude like that
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.