[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did silver get to ~$50 an ounce?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (46KB, 1319x473px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
46KB, 1319x473px
Why did silver get to ~$50 an ounce?
>>
>>1023158

Massive surge in demand for gold in China around 2012-2013. Where gold goes, silver follows.
>>
The price of almost all investments experience bubbles every now and again, it's basically just how to get to the right price, and despite bubbles looking the same each and every time, people still prop them up unquestioningly because despite all the investment theory, a great many people are absolutely lead by emotions.

Just look at all the pictures of traders with their faces in their hands every time we get a recession, it's a total cliché now but it's simply human nature.
>>
>>1023177
>>1023173
I understand bubbles and demand's effect on price, but why was demand so high?
Nothing was really going on in 2011 right?
>>
>>1023184
not that demand was so high, but that supply was so low.

now you just have to look into what caused this supply disruption.

>protip: it was the fed along with american interbanks
>>
>>1023184
>I understand bubbles
>why was demand so high?

If you have to ask that question, you don't understand bubbles.
>>
>>1023189
An irrational reason, or a wrong reason, are still reasons.

Like the housing bubble. Sure it was a bubble, but there was a reason for it; big daddy government decided everyone should have a house, forced (?) some lenders to front the money and then the lender sold the risk on with some help from some ratings agencies and whatever, and so forth.

There's usually a reason for irrational demand, even if it's a stupid one.
>>
>>1023194
>Like the housing bubble. Sure it was a bubble, but there was a reason for it;

No. That is just context.

Bubbles are driven by speculative mania. Nobody was forcing anybody to buy anything. People saw they could purchase an asset for a speculative gain, sell to a greater fool and get money for nothing.

Same for gold.
Same for silver.
Same for Bitcoin.
Same for Tulips.
Same for the South Sea Company.
Same for the dot com bust.
Same for Beanie Babies.

It's all the same thing over and over.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.