[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fucked am I without a degree? I'm pretty much forced

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

How fucked am I without a degree? I'm pretty much forced to become selfmade, correct?

Is it possible to make a good living by managing finances carefully, doing some app development, and living off of freelance businesses? I'm a good self learner I think...
>>
>>1022882
Not fucked at all.

Just learn a trade, apprentices get $40/hr starting and after you finish your apprenticeship you make $100k starting minimum.
>>
>>1022887
Motherfucking kek
>>
any real advice?

>>1022887

okay brah
>>
>>1022902
>>1022906
$500k minimum if you start your own business.
>>
>>1022887
lmao where the fuck do you live
literally the opposite in australia. on a shit wage as an apprentice, slightly less shit wage once qualified depending on which trade you picked.
>>
blackhatworld

there's definitely money to be made on your own, even without starting a large scale business. you'll have to put in the work and hours, just like you would if you went to get a degree. gl anon, i believe in you
>>
File: CapitalCommander.jpg (99KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
CapitalCommander.jpg
99KB, 500x375px
You don't need a degree anon. You need cash and you Need to provide Value to others. The degree is just a fast and save way of earning that.

Once you're able to stack effectively and are building a warchest its only a matter of being efficient at it. You build your liquid capital to the point where you can purchase serious cash flowing assets.
Every dollar you spend is fighting a war on your behalf. Do you want to be the General of the War of Mountain Dew and Doritos in the Valley of Steam or do you want to be the General who gathered the hordes, and through your persistence were given command of an elite team Express Strike Force Blue, and were held your troops together through thick and thin, until allying with a small contingent the 407th tribe of Judea the Warriors of Wells Fargo whose armies amount to 280 Billion, in order to command and control, the Advantage storage unit on the road of Justin. The Advantage Storage who provides shelter for lost memories and whose halls spawn 20 thousands of soldiers per month. It was a hard battle fought and 100 thousand of your men and 900 thousand of the Fargons were put to rest that day. but fear not, 8.3 years they will have been completely restored, for no soldier in battle is ever truly lost, and your loyalty to them will be re-payed in earnest. For now you have lands and armies, and they will have to pry them from your cold dead hands before you surrender.
The time and place does not matter, for this story is as old as any civilization who ever stumbled into sentience. Fight the ongoing war against indolence my son. For you are now a Lord of the Capital.
>>
>>1022882
i didn't go to college. instead i bought a pizza parlor in a convenient place in town, now i make bank. best thing i ever did
>>
>>1023263
Where did you get the money?
>>
Let me paraphrase Peter Thiel here:

"[...]even thought the more we compete, the less we gain.
This is a simple truth, but we've all been trained to ignore it. Our educational system both drives and reflects our obsession with competition. Grades themselves allow precise measurement of each student's competitiveness[...]

And it gets worse as students ascend to higher levels of the tournament. Elite students climb confidently until they reach a level of competition sufficiently intense to beat their dreams out of them. Higher education is the place where people who had big plans in high school get stuck in fierce rivalries with equally smart peers over conventional careers like management consulting and investment banking."

Competition is bad and you want to avoid it whenever possible. By investing in a standard degree, you may be forced down the traditional career path of that degree. Then you'll have to compete for the same positions and the same business as every other graduate. Not a good place to be in.

Although the same applies if you don't educate yourself, in which case you will have to compete for the same business as every other loser with no skills or education.
>>
File: 5000.gif (7KB, 521x215px) Image search: [Google]
5000.gif
7KB, 521x215px
You now have $5,000. What do you do with it?
>>
>>1022977
>blackhatworld
You realize this is just a meme site where the blind lead the blind, right?

I mean, people unironically buy ebooks that are supposed to net you 10$ a day. It's only slightly better than hackforums lel.
>>
>>1023268

>>
>>1023288

Put 500 into something extremely volatile, and 4500 into something extremely stable
>>
Yes, it's possible, but very few people are able to manage that, hence why people are generally willing to become wage cuc-I mean, employees with fixed income.
>>
Just become a daytrader.
>>
I have lived as a low-income person without a degree. You are very fucked unless you come from a rich family, that will fund your ventures. You can learn a trade and become middle class or even become a contractor.

If you are thinking about getting a decent-paying non-trade job, they don't fucking exists.

As a person without a degree no one will respect your opinion or listen to what you have to say, you are seen as a warmbody that is retarded and only useful for unskilled labor.

If you learn a trade then people will respect you, also being from a prominent family can eliminate the problem of being perceived as lowly and of course having cash and capital also means a lot

if you have none of those things you are just a wagecuck, you can't even break into management, many companies have instituted policies that require management to have a degree.
>>
>>1023268
Why did you waste time posting that irrelevant drivel?
>>
>>1023394

It can't be that bad. You are forced to create value for yourself if you don't have a degree. Of course pursuing employment without it is a shit idea, but unless you are an idiot you will put the time to use in order to acquire skills that can still get you somewhere. On your own, but still.
>>
>>1023373

according to my extensive indepth research, forex is the only alternative for someone lacking capital. I can definitely put aside 2-3k$ for this.

But I've heard so much conflicting advice on here that I'm really really insecure (just like with this whole thread in general). Also people on this site tend to gravitate to extremes, probably mirroring their own personal experience, and thus it's a result of them wanting to avoid others making the same 'big' mistake, or having the same 'great' opportunity.

So it's quite scary when some people say 'forex is a real alternative' and others say 'forex is a meme, you can't beat the market'. Just like the dude saying people spit in your face and you'll scrub toilets for 2$/h without a uni degree.

It's almost starting to feel like I should abandon this place entirely, and maybe seek advice from people in the real world.
>>
>>1023373
What do I need on my computer to get into that?

Is there a simulator I can download to get my feet wet?
>>
>>1023412
>you will put the time to use in order to acquire skills that can still get you somewhere
that costs time and money and money comes from employment which costs time. But it is possible. Best advice is live at your parent's house, you have to save up every cent, save up to get in a trade school, also try to become a union apprentice that provides education and a job. If you keep your costs low, you can save up enough money and learn the business to become a contractor.

Also, trade jobs are not that low income, you can make some serious money and there are places that have really excellent pay and benefits, but there is usually a catch. Like having to work with radioactive material or in harsh environments.

In general, if you don't have a degree or a trade, society thinks you're a dumbass, you could suggests or say something really smart, but no one will care.
>>
>>1023435

I would never get into trades just because that's 'the way to go without college'. Acquiring skills (software development for instance) on your own is totally doable. You just need to be willing to live like a studentmode bum for another 6-8 years, while you work 4 times a week to make the 1200$ you live on.
>>
>32
>No degree
>Technical lead in Subsea Engineering Copmany in EU

Yes it is possible.
It is not easy, yet it is not the Herculean task that some seem to be making it out to be.
Take many short courses and professional development courses, that's what I did.
>>
>>1023433
thinkorswim
just sign up for a papertrade account
>>
>>1023503
*Company
>>
>>1022882

Not fucked at all. There is a 100 things you can do, you just don't see it yet.

>>1022887
On Mars maybe.

My buddy is an electrician. He started at age 18 making about $12/hr. He just cracked $100k at age 27.
>>
>>1023404

Because for every 100 people reading it, there will be 1 or 2 who have matured enough to understand the brilliant point Thiel is making.

And that post might change their lives.
>>
>>1022882
>>1022887
He's not wrong. The only things you need education for are things like becoming a doctor, lawyer, professor in something and so on. Most regular jobs, you're better off working a job and just learning whatever you like on the side. By the time your idiot friends graduate, you'll have loads of money and work experience.

Don't fall into the education trap, just start working now.
>>
>>1023714
This.

College is just a meme, why would you want tons of debt and a worthless degree? Just work now, learning a trade is fantastic.

Tons of benefits... Earn a lot of money now, no requirements, it's great fun to turn cogs and use a hammer all day, very stimulating mentally, having a bad back and fucking up your joints by the time you're 40 is also great. Highly recommend it OP, strongly consider it.
>>
With 3k u can make 100-200$ weekly doing covered calls
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.