[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Possibly buying an insurance company

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: christian.jpg (266KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
christian.jpg
266KB, 1600x1200px
Me and a couple partners are about to submit an LOI for an insurance company. What are some things specific to the industry we should look out for?

For reference, the company generates around $15mil in rev annually and will probably be selling for around $2m (financed by a loan). I won't know any more specific details until I get the memorandum.
>>
>>1022867
The real question is why would you but a company that manages $15 MM in revenues but is willing to sell you the entire company for only $2MM.
>>
>>1022874

The owner is old and just wants to retire + we have a good relationship with him.
>>
Pretty much what this dude said, 19 year old college student here with literally no business knowledge, don't even know what the fuck a memorandum is but I can tell you that 15 MM profit is BS.

My mother always told me, if it's too good to be true, it probably is. Listening to this would of saved me alot of hard lessons in life.

I'm just saying, this sounds kind of fishy. No matter how good of a relationship you got, get legit papers, research everything, know what you're getting into, because this just sounds really fish unless this dude loves you like a son and just wants you to be rich, in which case why not just give it to you.. Idk man, just seems weird.

GL, might be the best investment you could ever make.
>>
>>1022976

A memorandum is a ~50 page document that contains audited (by a 3rd party) financial statements, industry analysis, costumer details, etc. Pretty much everything you'd want to know about a company.

I'm not worried about being screwed, since I will eventually have all the details before the purchase. My main concerns are if the financials are true, if there's a catch (very possible), or if one/a few customers are responsible for a major portion of their revenue.

That's not to say don't listen to your mother, though. She's a smart woman.
>>
>>1022976
He said 15 MM revenue, not profit.
>>
>>1022874
Pretty much this. I doubt anything specific to the industry will bite you harder than the house cards the owner has propped up when making you his deal.
>>
>>1023012
This.

I'm extremely curious about what % of the average monthly payment from an individual ends up going to payouts on other people's policies.
>>
>>1023024
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.
>>
>>1023023
Do you guys even know how to value a company?
>>
>>1022867
Not much to say until you get us the nitty gritty.

2M purchase say at 10% cap rate is 200k/year profit. thats 1.3% of revenue. business loan what 5% or thereabouts, 100k per year.

from what I think about insurance its a capital intensive business, with tight margins, so everything seems about right.

Generating 15M in revenue is a lot of work for 100k per year.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.