[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone ever moved for work? How was your experience? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: boxes.jpg (309KB, 856x900px) Image search: [Google]
boxes.jpg
309KB, 856x900px
Has anyone ever moved for work? How was your experience?

Are employers generally reluctant to hire people who require relocation?
>>
>>1022572

It depends on the employer and the job.

I got a job as an ETL software engineer in CA while I was living in VA and they gave me a 10k relocation budget.

They send an 8 page or so guide on where to look for living arrangements and stuff. Nowadays they have deals with a local apartment complex to house people temporarily while they look for a permanent lease.

Smaller companies may not be able to provide this sort of assistance but in general for a real job it's expected.
>>
>>1022572
Every single job since I got out of college. I moved 1,100 miles to take my first real job after college. Then 1,100 miles back when I found a job closer to home. Then 60 miles when I got a better job.

Any job that you would consider part of an actual career, employers are used to new hires needing to move to start work. Not all companies will pay for moving expenses, but the ones where there is serious competition for quality employees will.
>>
>>1022572

Haven't moved for work personnaly, but "accompagnied" (mostly tax and legal questions) 2 close friends who did and got very... different outcomes.

The two persones were already employed by the company who needed their skills somewhere else. In both cases, they got relocated from an geographical european country to another.

First one (salesman, ink solutions, huge company) got fucked in the ass because, in an pretty ironic way, he didn't negotiate well. Had to find a new place on his own, no relocation budget and got a payrise that never covered the fact that his wife had to stop working.

The second one (managment / trader in a private bank), on the other hand, got a fucking golden bridge; appartment, car(s), payrise through the sky and "relocation fees budget" almost just as high for up to five years, given he got to say if he wanted to stay there or come back, once the mission over.

In both case, I would recommend you get advice from people being where you WILL work in order to have an idea of what your real needs will be. That will help you negotiate/know when you're being fucked in the ass with sand.

Furthermore, as said above, the quality of your relocation will mainly depend on the company policy and/or how much they value you.
>>
>>1022580
I got $5,000 relocation from a startup I joined in SF. They had < 10 employees, but were about to raise their first big round from investors.
>>
>>1023976
>dat english

No offense m8
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.