[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If I buy a house in full, no rent to own or mortgage, is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1391673794898.jpg (18KB, 380x383px) Image search: [Google]
1391673794898.jpg
18KB, 380x383px
If I buy a house in full, no rent to own or mortgage, is there anything else besides property taxes I will have to worry about
>>
>>1021932

utilities, unless you don't want water or electricity
>>
Most people like to have insurance on their houses (if it's not legally required). Plus utilities and maintenance (things will break down). Oh, and HOA fees.
>>
>>1021943
Flood insurance
>>
>>1021932
Upkeep
Insurance
Property tax
>>
>>1021932
You will not have a house in matter of 5 to 10 years (depends on the extreme level of your climate) if you don't put effort in maintaining it, externally and internally.
It's really subjective tho.
+ all the taxes depending on the country you live.
>>
>>1021943
>>1021957
>>1021962
I live in Alabama, so i dont have to worry about lots of snow, or rain, or wild fires. Although a tornado is a possibility.
>>
>>1021970
>Alabama
Parking. Mobile homes need to be parked somewhere.
>>
>>1021932
the lack meaningful returns on your capital wealth.
A personal Home is not an investment. Its at best a savings account. after maintenance and taxes netting around 3% real$, average across the US.

You're losing on the compounding nature of money.

How much is your House OP?
>>
Don't forget neighbors ruining your property value, the city building some bullshit nearby, population fluctuation, job and population growth in the area,

city-data.com mother fucker.
>>
>>1022006
I always hear this argument and think of that loss in in capita gains being offset by the savings in the Morgan's payment.

Example: my house payment minus tax and insurances is like 550, I want to pay off my 80k mortgage because 550/month is a better return on 80k than having that 80k in a mutual fund getting 8%. What's your thought Li? Do you disagree with my reasoning?
>>
>>1022006
>>1022010
The asking price for the house 16,000USD. What do you meaning no meaningful returns? Owning property is always a good thing
>>
>>1022015
You really have to ask yourself what kind of property you're getting for 16k, but that's investment grade pricing. so its hard to argue.

Let me work up a spreadsheet for the other question though.
>>
>>1022017
are you chinese?
>>
>>1022006
>the lack meaningful returns on your capital wealth.
What a stupid comment. You can't live inside a mutual fund. An option contact won't keep you warm in winter.

Please go.
>>
>>1022015

Li is right. A single family home on average will only provide you a hedge against inflation. It doesnt actually increase in value. On average of course. For every fucker who lucked out and bought a house in san francisco there are others who have seen their neighborhood and property value go to shit. Its basically zero sum.

Owning a property is a good thing but if youre looking for your highest return on investment its not always the way to go.
>>
Yes. Homeowners insurance, HOA fees, flood insurance if you live in an area that gets floods frequently, utilities, oil if the home has oil heat, maintaining the property if it's dated (new roof, new HVAC unit, new wiring, plumbing, etc).
>>
>>1022017

I have a question for you about the relative "stickyness" of housing prices vs. rent prices.

Say there is a city where a factory closed down. The city is diversified but it did take a hit. Houses were appreciating at 7% for several years but right now there are lots on the market and its clear that sellers are not going to get what they want. Rent remains high. Is now a time to buy a house and rent it out? Or does rent typically follow suit within a year or so?
>>
>>1022033
Well, im not trying to make a huge profit of the house and property
>>
>>1022014
>>1022030
100k purchase price
Just doing a quick back of napkin, with an Interest Only Loan at 4%. and 8% ROI

Taking what would have been your $4000 mortgage and adding it into the account until breakeven.
IT TAKES 20 Years and 80k extra to get to where you would have been.

any equity gains are captured in both scenarios. Equity Losses are eaten by the bank, and capped at the down payment for the house.

Inflation, Insurance, Maintenance, and taxes would be the same across both scenarios. Unless you wrapped them up in the mortgage, which is usually foolish.

So with the worst structured loan, and only meager returns the mortgage is better.

If you're getting even money 8% mortgage 8% investment its a 15year breakeven. 12% mortgage and 8% invest is 10 year breakeven.

Conversely if you're making a typical 12% investment it pushes the breakeven out to 25 years. and $100,000
>>
houses are great investments if you're renting them out. If you have good credit and your region is good then it's very likely that a tenants rent payment can cover your mortgage and then some. downside: you're responsible for upkeep and maintenance and most states allow tenants to withhold rent if their place is considered unlivable and the eviction process is slow.

the house serves a dual benefit of growing slowly in value over time as well as generating passive income. I've never met a landlord who lost money on a property as long as they were good judges of applicants.
>>
>>1022053
You can't live inside an 8% investment, you autistic retard.

Please leave. Seriously. You are a cancer on this board, and we're tired of correcting every one of your shitty posts.
>>
File: TheGreatChain.jpg (93KB, 950x559px) Image search: [Google]
TheGreatChain.jpg
93KB, 950x559px
>>1022038
Its tough to say. how much of the city was employed by the factory is the main factor here. If it was anything above about a completely arbitrary 3% of the cities population I'd be worried. Of note also is how much of the cities capital came from the employees.
Military towns turn to garbage very soon if the base leaves as they were very much 3rd degree service industry towns to begin with. How many other primary or secondary degree businesses are in the town also.
The circular human centipede dies, but the one with an open end lives.

That said factories are just specialized real estate in and of themselves, there could be a new manufacturer in there ricky tick and all would be well. You'll have made some nice maneuvers.
>>
>>1022060
He has a house in both scenarios please learn to read. Now sweetie call an adult to take your cell phone away and ground you for a week.
>>
>>1022079
What the hell are you talking about? Stop comparing apples to oranges.

And using terms like "sweetie" makes you sound like a faggot. Seriously. I know you're Chinese, but this is an English language board.

Please. go. now.
>>
>>1022079
Well, all those numbers aren't going to mean much during winter if I didnt go with buying the house. I think its a good investment even if I can't resell it immediately.
>>
>>1022101
Every time I see that smug little shit Chinaman posting on my board, I can't help but consider leaving this cancer board. Where is forced anon when you need it? The only tripfag who has anything decent to say is ihaz, and I could do without him too.
>>
>>1022133
Because your black boyfriend already has his cock in your arse.
>>
CINRAM Group (formerly JVC)
NCO Financial Systems
Transworld Systems, Inc. (TSI)
EarthLink
T W Fitting N.A., LLC
Sears Holdings Corporation

Judging by the numbers on the closed plants
below 100 workers per closing I wouldn't be worried

US steel though is much more of a gamble
Fairfield has 11000 people 1200 just got laid off. You're gonna be picking properties up for land value like hot cakes. and even then its all up to the steel market. Its a one company town. I wouldn't be surprised to pick up properties for $500
>>
>>1022133
Ihaz, that's you right? Why have you forsaken us? Please come back and school these children.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.