[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Down to my last £10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: scan0035 (Small).jpg (90KB, 850x480px) Image search: [Google]
scan0035 (Small).jpg
90KB, 850x480px
All my frivolous spending has caught up with me and that's all I have now.

Live with my Dad, got no job and I'm 23 years old. No qualifications after highschool and the only work experience I have is a short job back in 2011.

Am I completely fucked?
>>
Go work in Tesco or something.
>>
>>1021783

I can barely even get an interview due to my 5 year unemployment gap.
>>
>>1021789

pursue self employment
>>
>>1021773
Yeah, you're fucked.

Didn't you think about the future at all when you were done to your last $1k and had a huge employment gap? How'd you let yourself get so low?
>>
>>1021789
Lol, the gutter, that's where you belong.
>>
>>1021801

He fell for the neet meme.
>>
>>1021789
You can easily bullshit your way through it by coming up with a reasonable explanation, especially if it's a fucking high street supermarket chain. I think to a point they have to realize all of their store employees are shitheads so they don't even expect a decent explanation.
>>
>>1021801

I don't know what I was thinking really, just no self respect or value, even the army won't accept me. I truly am fucked.

>>1021808
I'm afraid it probably is.

>>1021812
I was thinking of saying I helped my dad out part time for 5 years, he works a manual job, but then that would be admitting I done cash in hand tax free work.
>>
>>1021938
>I don't know what I was thinking really, just no self respect or value, even the army won't accept me. I truly am fucked.
Not going to be edgy, so good luck and I hope you find a solution to your problems.
>>
>>1021945

Thanks and I'm going to try for the army, failing that I'm going to have to blow my last £10 on lottery tickets and pray to God.
>>
Get a job and train as an electrician
>>
Are you me? Want to go to the Job Center with me?
>>
>>1022631

Yes bro, what's the plan?
>>
>>1023112
>>1022631
walk off a cliff
>>
>>1021773

I had that amount of unemployment.

Went on one of those entry level IT courses with a 'guaranteed job' at the end of it. Aced it, got a job on a helpdesk. It wasn't glorious, but was enough to get me a start in life.
>>
Primary education is free in the UK.
Up until 24 you can be accepted on an apprenticpe courses, but if you really have no exam results you will start at the lowest level.
If you had a car, you can get driving jobs.
Flyer for takeaways or something.
If I was you I would go back to college, re-take your gsce's, after that go for an apprentice, or do A-Levels or NVQ in some vocational course. you would also get support of the government for doing this.
Work part time while studying.
You should also be rolling in bennies as you pay not rent and have no bills and should be getting £70 p/w which is enough to take a driving lesson every week and pay for cider and food.
Alternative would be to lie on your CV and get a job in telemarketing,admin or sales.
If you follow the education route you could have a full degree by the time you are 30.
>>
Do a "Access course" in the subject you want to go to Uni for. Most have no, or really low (GCSE C in english and maths) entry requirements.
>>
File: 1403356213785.jpg (64KB, 621x708px) Image search: [Google]
1403356213785.jpg
64KB, 621x708px
>>1021773
go to job center. they give you all kinds of training and courses. They can help you pretty well
>>
>>1021938
Why dont you say youve spent your time travelling around the world?
>>
>>1023157
You serious ? Last time I went into a UK job centre they just said look on the website for a job and that was it.
>>
>>1021808
>>1021812
>>1023115
>hey, that guy has been unemployed for years and is now trying to get a job so he can stop being an unemployed piece of shit
>wow what a shithead, let's deny him jobs and opportunities for that
normy logic
>>
>>1021773
try to buy some time then find a way to get work experience in a relatively low skill job, (just email a shit tonne of local companies asking to do some for free
then apply for a similar job
>>
>>1021773
That's bullshit, you can always find a job, ask your dad, ask friends of your dad, search everywhere! Stop people in the street and ask them if they have clue for a job! There is always a way and you do nothing, like you always did. SEARCH EVERYWHERE AND DON'T STOP UNTIL YOU GET WHAT YOU WANTED!
>>
>>1023199
Hey, op, I had a large employment gap. I haven't worked since 2008 up until last January. I received a college degree at that time but I still had to shoot low since I have erattic work experience and live in a small town. if I, a math/econ double bachelors, can step back and do a year of minimum wage work, you can too. Stop making excuses; there are people who are always hiring. If you havent gone to your local fast food joints, you are being too picky. You can be picky when you have work experience.
>>
>>1021773
For 10 pounds I'm sure you can invest in a decent pair of kneepads
>>
>>1021773
Where do you live? I might have a job for you.
>>
Lie, if necessary.

It's what I did and it worked out fine
>>
>>1021938
Why won't the Army accept you OP? I can help. I work in this area.
>>
>>1021773
>23

You are not fucked. Get off your ass and start working hard.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.