[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much money have you made in stocks,etc?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (6KB, 282x179px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 282x179px
How much money have you made in stocks,etc?
>>
Its impossible for a human on his own to beat the institutions.

The stock market is merely the transfer of wealth from individual investors to institutions.

Far better to buy something like cryptocurrency
>>
>>1021688
>Far better to buy something like cryptocurrency
hhahahah you had me up till here
>>
>>1021688

>Its impossible for a human on his own to beat the institutions

Yet I'm up 15-24% in 5 months off of growth stocks?

While the broader market has done 7% for the year?

Stop regurgitating nonsense.
>>
>>1021681
In 2015 I have a 103% yield, been doing stock trading for about half a year.
>>
>>1021698
Because you had good luck. You're the exception that proves the rule
>>
How do I get Started trading stock??thty
>>
>>1021701

You just said its impossible, yet it clearly is.
>>
>>1021688
>Its impossible for a human on his own to beat the institutions.
one of the biggest misconceptions is that you have to beat the institutions to do well. sure, they will likely do better than you but you dont have to be the best to make money, you just have to not be among the worst. and that is attainable for anyone willing to put in time and money. the entire idea that you have to be the best to make money is made up by losers looking for an excuse for their own failures.
>>
>>1021681
-$403
>>
>>1021728
>one of the biggest misconceptions is that you have to beat the institutions to do well. sure, they will likely do better than you but you dont have to be the best to make money

You just have to be incredibly lucky.
>>
>>1021681
i make some good buys from time to time. stocks are a decentish side income for me (net probably about 5 grand a year for practically no time investment)

i really just buy stocks of things i think are going to trend based on whatever in depth news i read about things im interested in
>>
File: giphy (3).gif (441KB, 490x360px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (3).gif
441KB, 490x360px
>>1021701
30% profit per year. Am I also an exception that proves you're a faggot?
>>
>>1021688
>The stock market is merely the transfer of wealth from individual investors to institutions.
You sound like a /pol/fag. Can you even articulate who these "institutions" are, and do you actually know how they earn their money? Stop repeating the meme lines from Facebook posts, retard.

>>1021728
>that is attainable for anyone willing to put in time and money
There's no evidence that time, resources, effort, education, or willpower has any effect on trading results. Stop deluding yourself that you can outperform the markets if you simply try harder or want it more. It doesn't work that way.
>>
>>1021964
Prove that you cashed out.
>>
$-2,100 beginning in July of 2015
Lost $1,000 in TBEV
Lost $300 in CLV
Lost $200 so far on SFXE
Lost $100 so far in BABA
Lost $700 in CRGP

I've had a few small winners, but they only add up to around $200.
Everytime I buy a stock it falls the next day or over the course of the next few weeks.
I was up 35% in my practice account.
HELP!!!
>>
>>1022147
Wow, someone trades individual stocks seeking short-term gains and loses money.

Shocking, SHOCKING!

>Actually, its shocking that you admit it. Most traders just lie about their returns. Congrats on being honest. Stupid, but honest.
>>
>>1022147
Just like 99% of people you lost money on the stock market. Stop now.
>>
>>1022147
>putting $1000 in a meme stock
>putting $300 on a deadcat bounce
>>
>>1022236
Yep, you caught me, I thought it was going to be a breeze hahaha.

>>1022236
I'm gonna keep playing it, but I want to rework my strategy a bit.

>>1022296
Live and learn
>>
>>1022611
Pic related is my TD account 48% realized loss.
>>
>>1022624
What were you looking for when buying?
>>
File: image.png (63KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
63KB, 750x1334px
>>1022637
I'm the TD guy I'm just on my phone now
And I was honestly looking for a quick buck. I was pretty stupid now that I think of it. Here is a recent fuck up from my Robinhood account!
Bought SFXE @ $.25
Needless to say I'm taking a break from the markets until I learn to trade.
>>
File: notgreatnotbad.jpg (37KB, 297x456px) Image search: [Google]
notgreatnotbad.jpg
37KB, 297x456px
>>1021681
Start of December it dipped to $53k but it's since jumped back to over original investment ($55k)

Some funds (1st, 3rd, 4th, 6th) opened in '14, others (2nd, 5th, 7th) early '15. Funds 1, 3 & 6 were increased from 5k to 10k in early '15
>>
>>1022787
I probably got the orders mixed up with a bit of that rundown but it's trivial
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.