[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gap Year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1275255566782.jpg (39KB, 405x387px) Image search: [Google]
1275255566782.jpg
39KB, 405x387px
I've been unemployed for almost a year now, mostly because I had a nose job done on February and quit my previous job because the recovery process was going to take a while. Since around May though I had begun to search for a job and only managed to land a few interviews, but only made it far on one. Didn't get the job in the end.

I'm a bachellor in business administration with a specialization in international business. Considering it's the beginning of the year and lots of corporations start hiring new people, how can I explain that gap year when asked about it in an interview? I've been studying Portuguese in the mean time and I'm also taking a diploma course on Marketing.

Will saying I've been travelling around the country and also studying be convincing enough?
>>
File: tmp_12294-k-bigpic-818455830.jpg (160KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
tmp_12294-k-bigpic-818455830.jpg
160KB, 970x546px
>nose job
>business administration and marketing
Oh god, you're one of those people. Please remove yourself from this planet before you do any more harm.
>>
>>1020887
>Oh god, you're one of those people
Please elaborate. I'm curious.
>>
>>1020880
No just tell them you're vain and spoiled so you didn't need to work
>>
>>1020905
How am I spoiled, man? I've been living off my savings since then. Man, this whole thread would've been actually helpful had I not mentioned anything about the nose job. Stay classy as always, /biz/.
>>
>>1020880
Tell them you had an accident, had to get your nose remade. There were complications or some shit so on top of the long recovery processes, yours was even longer. You were unable to work, but during your hospital days etc you learned Portugese.
>>
>>1020910
>being this mad
>>
>>1020913
Should I even tell them anything about the nose surgery? I mean, I only mentioned it in the post to give a bit of background.
>>
These fucking kids in this thread. You don't have to tell them shit. Only you had a medical leave. That's all they need to know. HIPPA protects you. If they ask, then they are breaching federal law. So many young people don't know this. All the job needs to know is you had a medical leave of absence. They are also not allowed to check up on your doctor. Your doctor won't tell them shit. Its one of the benefits of Americlaps healthcare.
>>
>>1020917
I actually think it's better that OP tell them the whole story. If I was recruiting and a potential candidate told me he was on a medical leave, I might be afraid he could have a medical complication I don't know about that would have him quit on me.
>>
>>1020947
You can't ask him to tell you. Its just against doctor-patient confidentiality. The fucking court system has a hard time getting subpoenas against doctors to testify in court for the patient. All he can say is I had a medical leave and there is no complications in the future. If you did then your doctor would rule against you working in the mean time.
>>
As I was saying, do you guys really think it would be a good idea to mention anything about the nose job at all? Doesn't travelling around sound even more convincing?
>>
File: 1400625066114.gif (826B, 120x160px) Image search: [Google]
1400625066114.gif
826B, 120x160px
>>1020880
>nose job
>international business
>>
>>1020963
Tell them so that they know not to hire your sorry ass.
>>
>>1020966
xDDDDDDDD i love this meme
>>
One last bump
>>
>>1020880

post before and after anon
>>
jew alert! jew alert!
>>
>>1020910
Okay my bad dude. How long have you been in the labor market?
>>
>>1020880
Completely oblivious eurofag here. Why is OP worried about explaining his gap year? Can't he just say he wanted a gap year? I mean why would his gap year be someone elses business in the first place? Why care?
>>
>>1020880
>nose job

Lol fag
>>
>>1021285
You clearly haven't applied to anything that makes over $10/hr
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.