[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just finished reading this. >Thoughts? >Ever try and live

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

Just finished reading this.
>Thoughts?
>Ever try and live by these habits?
>Is the follow-up book, 8th habit, a worthy read?
>>
File: Urgent-vs-Important.jpg (400KB, 801x801px) Image search: [Google]
Urgent-vs-Important.jpg
400KB, 801x801px
I also found the importance vs urgency matrix quite fascinating, will attempt to run things through it in my head to determine the real priorities
>>
You can get everything from that book just by reading the Wikipedia page about the book
>>
>>1019621
how to change

wake up early
do your shit
dont fuck around

That's my habits right there and I am highly effective. He only made the second book because of how many suckers bought the first one.
>>
>>1019626
I regularly refer to the ideas in this matrix
>>
>>1019621
Scooby pls go
>>
>>1019626

My only problem with this sort of thing is that it doesn't seem to be actionable. Which bucket each task falls into is only under my control if I was the person to assign myself the task. But I think every job I've ever had, all the tasks are Type 3 NEVER DO THIS SHIT tasks. How am I supposed to handle that shit? Just walk into my supervisors office, tell him that I refuse to do the job that I'm paid to do, but it's not that I'm an ineffectual person or anything, it's because he's been assigning me shitty BS work? How long would that conversation end up being after that? Probably the same number of seconds as it takes my supervisor to say the words "pack your shit and get the hell out, you're fired."? I just don't see how that matrix is useful. Unless you're a hermit living alone in the woods, so that you control all your own shit; or were born rich so that you don't actually have to work and can realistically just work for yourself. What about the other seven billion people on Earth? How is this useful for them?
>>
>>1020672
>every job I've ever had all the tasks are type 3

Maybe you don't have any useful skills and no one trusts you to do important tasks
>>
>>1020672
"Important" is subjective, the point is to rank all the shit on your to-do list from least to most important, and sort accordingly

Also get a new job
>>
>>1019621
Its a vlassic for a reason but for my money read some brian tracey , utilitarian no bullshit goal oriented get it done stuff
>>
I liked it a lot. I frequently use his ideas to level set my day. I make more money and do less work now.
>>
>>1019621
I've read it a couple of times but I prefer to not live by those ideals. It's a bit too stressful to try to be like these self help books want you to be. You can't subjectively say this method or this method is going to work for everyone, especially when almost all these books are written by rich or upper middle class people.
>>
>>1020672
this desu, and socializing/networking can fall anywhere.
Yeah yeah, we get it. don't muck about with side shit.
>>
File: 1449514035615.jpg (52KB, 469x500px) Image search: [Google]
1449514035615.jpg
52KB, 469x500px
I'am have engineering degree and this book is nice book
>>
File: the cardone.jpg (27KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
the cardone.jpg
27KB, 403x403px
>>1020716
BT is a little old school and rigid now, his formulas would lead to quite a mean and socially awkward businessmen in 2016

Ya'll need some Cardone, read or listen to 10x its quite honestly amazing
>>
>>1019621
>>1020716

Tracy is a hack who created no new content, but simply rehashed bits and pieces from other authors, primarily Emerson.

His work is very self-contradictory because of this. In psychology of achievement he tells you that the key to success is living a balanced life (stolen from Jim Rohn). Then in psychology of success (which originally came bundled with PoA) he says that the key to a fulfilling life is to specialize in a given field and work 80 hours a week.

He is the epitome of a snake oil salesman.

I'll admit his shit is motivational and inspirational (because he's a great salesman), so use it for mental masturbation all you want, if it makes you happy. But think twice before actually following the advice.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.