[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which companies stand to gain the most from the lifting of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Which companies stand to gain the most from the lifting of the US oil export ban? Small-cap players in Eagle Ford? Is the lifting of the ban enough to lessen the threat of bankruptcy for little debt-heavy companies?
>>
No.

oil was being refined into its components and then exported. All this does does is transfer some money from the refiners to the producers. But it isn't that much couple bucks a barrel maybe.
>>
>>1019262
"Oil exploration and production companies that are willing to ship overseas will be the largest beneficiaries of the ban's removal. ConocoPhillips (NYSE: COP) and NuStar Energy LP (NYSE: NS) are slated to complete the loading of the first tanker of freely traded US crude oil on December 31.

The two are not the only ones planning to ramp up exports now that the ban has been lifted, though. Other companies like Enterprise Products Partners LP (NYSE: EPD) are also planning to sell abroad.

However, none of these firms are likely to see a major jump in revenues now that the ban has been removed as demand across the globe remains suppressed."
>>
>>1019262
BUY ITHICA OR GO HOME!
>>
File: image.jpg (847KB, 1851x1244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
847KB, 1851x1244px
>>1019262
The fact that /biz/ doesn't give a shit about investing in oil right now tells me it's exactly the right thing to do. Just waiting to get my RH account verified.
>>
File: Oberlehrer - Copy.jpg (117KB, 306x401px) Image search: [Google]
Oberlehrer - Copy.jpg
117KB, 306x401px
>>1021609

Wat. Lifting the ban means that there's even more supply to an already oversaturated market.

The Saudis are trying to put competitors out of business and are operating at a loss. Iran is sitting on YUUUUGE reserves of oil and probably wait until the Saudis have to stop dumping or go bankrupt and then fuck them over big time. Especially now that SA killed some kind of Iranian cleric.

Investing in oil right now is not the best idea. Probably not for the next couple of years.
>>
File: advice1.jpg (75KB, 400x398px) Image search: [Google]
advice1.jpg
75KB, 400x398px
>>1021641
>Wat. Lifting the ban means that there's even more supply to an already oversaturated market.
>>
>>1020601
Do you think the tanker companies would be a good way to invest in this trend? If so, what tanker companies. I'm currently looking at NAT, TNK, or NNA but can't decide which one is best.
>>
>>1021609
Credit Suisse/Bloomberg say oil will stay low for 5 years. Now's an awful time to buy anyhow, it's what, $40 per barrel? wait until it gets to $20, and buy for the long term.
>>
>>1021641
That theory doesn't seem completely fleshed out to me. OPEC is obviously a cartel, Shia Iran and Sunni Saudi Arabia are having a little squabble over Iraq which broke the cartel up, but I think the Shiites are just flipping their shit over the executed cleric, it isn't as significant as they make it out to be, it doesn't change much.

I think oil is close to rock bottom after a year of happenings and drama and Yellen finally raising rates.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.