[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

[Robinhood General Thread] -- /rgt/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 36

File: image.jpg (175KB, 1380x1344px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
175KB, 1380x1344px
[Robinhood General Thread] -- /rgt/

We affluenza now edition

>Stock Questions & Answers
>Stock Predictions & Forecasts
>Stock Graphs & Charts
>Stock Successes & Failures
>Stock Highlights & News

Visit the website first - www.robinhood.com
*Only works for US citizens right now (Australians can get on a wait list for the Australian beta)

Candlestick App - thinkorswim
Available on iOS, Android, and Windows

Candlestick charting guideline:
http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?id=chart_school:chart_analysis:introduction_to_candlesticks

Twitter like chat about different symbols:
http://stocktwits.com/

Previous Thread: >>1014513
>>
Thanks for adding candlestick chart guide. Doing God's work.
>>
File: image.jpg (52KB, 393x342px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 393x342px
>>1017976
>>
File: Untitled.png (11KB, 317x327px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
11KB, 317x327px
I was thinking of pulling out of SYN and taking that loss and putting it into SNTA. Where's that guy that was talking about it last thread?
>>
>>1017966
Opinions on EVOK and AMSC
>>
>>1017966
what do you guys do before making a decision?
Do you use any technical stuff like indicators, etc?
Just news, gut, and some logic?
Both?

I have been thinking about getting into this lately, but I like to learn about the shit that I do, and have the feeling that I am doing the best I can. I don't like to feel like I am in the dark.
My bank offers 100k CAD and 100k USD (fictional of course) to play and try their platform and experience the markets.

I bought shares on Arms Manufacturers in the US, and Cannabis/Pharmaceuticals in Canada. If it was real, it would be long term investments.
What do you think of my choices? Am I using the correct kind of logic here to succeed?
>>
File: losing-money.jpg (99KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
losing-money.jpg
99KB, 1080x810px
>>1017983
Take it from a guy who started with $500, spent two months learning how to use this app and turning it into $600, then went balls deep into GBSN and lost -$200... learn when to cut your losses. I now only have $400 to play with, feels bad man
>pic related, your money
>>
Mobile only?
>>
What do you guys use on Europe instead of robinhood?
>>
>>1018026
I like to Google "volatile penny stocks" and look at allpennystocks. Then I see what cheap stocks they list that are fluctuating a lot. I compare the high/low of the day and imagine how much return I'd have if I had bought/sold $100 of shares at the low/high of the day. The bigger the gap between the high and low the easier it is to make money. With it fluctuating so much you’re more likely to be able to buy/sell somewhere in the middle and make a small profit.

Imagine in a day a stock's low was .028 and the high was .035
Say I got lucky and managed to buy $100 worth of shares at the absolute low of the day .028
I'd have 3,571 shares ($100 / .028)
Then say I got lucky again and was able to sell all of those shares at the absolute high of the day .035
I'd now have $125 (3,571 shares x .035)
So I would have made $25 that day
I like to do this for each stock I’m looking at and see if I invested $100 how much could I have made that day. Some stocks you can only get about $5 per $100 but the wider the gap between the low/high (like getting $25 above) the better that stock is to play with. The bigger the gap between the low/high the easier it is to be able to hit some numbers in between. Realistically I probably would have tried to buy at .031 and sell at .033 for a safe small return. It wouldn’t be a full $25, but then you’ll never hit the absolute low/high of the day. The numbers just help you make an educated guess as to what you can buy/sell somewhere in the middle. Very important - Look at the historical prices of stocks and see if they usually fluctuate this much each day and if so you can get somewhere in the middle. Even if a stock is dropping in price over all it will still have a low/high of the day so there’s still money to be made.
>>
>>1018041
I use it on my iPad but yeah mostly. Someone said you can download an emulator to use it on a computer but I wouldn't.
>>
>>1018045
Why not limit buy/sell at those prices?
>>
>sfxe up 50% after hours
Hnngg. Wish I could sell now
>>
File: Ancient_JewsihKings.jpg (224KB, 900x640px) Image search: [Google]
Ancient_JewsihKings.jpg
224KB, 900x640px
>>1018053
Shits going to crash by the time you sell the stock, the robinhood app always cucks you. Happened to Kbio during sell off.
>>
>>1018052
If this was possible everyone would do it. But there's no way to know what the high/low of the day will be.

However you can look at the historical prices and see what it might be on average. Probably not too far off from yesterday's prices, maybe just up or down a tad. Look at how the prices are trending historically speaking. That's why the greater the gap between the low/high the easier it is to pick a number in between for a small return.
>>
>>1018066
Thats what Im saying, take the average low and high and use those. Over the next couple days it should get to that point and you could just sit making money unless there's a large fluctuation
>>
I've got my 'eye' on EYEG (haha). What do you guys think about it?
>>
>>1018071
DAD GET OFF THE COMPUTER
>>
Can someone explain what the 4 options are for the order types?
>>
>>1018076
For buying:
Market - You buy at the best available price

Limit - You set a price lower than the current price and buy at that price (or cheaper)

Stop Loss - You enter a price above the current price and if the stock hits that price, you will buy it for the best available price.

Stop Loss Limit - Like a Stop Loss except you can only buy at the set price or lower.
>>
>>1018067
ummm yeaah bas-ick-ah-lee that's the idea

>>1018084
anyone who doesn't use limit buy/limit sell should be shot
>>
I'm thinking about buying into GE but I'm not sure. 30 dollars is a high for them, and I think they have the potential to do better. But I don't want too buy at their high if at all possible. Any other stocks to look at?
I just sold my scty stock and doubled my investment, I warmed you guys to buy into it!
>>
The fuck is going on with UGAZ? How retarded would I be to hold out for a recovery within the next few days?
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34KB, 413x395px) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34KB, 413x395px
>>1018074
>>
AAPL is blowing up next year.

No one is talking about it, but their enterprise growth is insane yoy for the last two years. New watch probably won't suck too.
>>
>>1017983
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26682870

guess who makes that. I'm holding SNTA for at least another week or .50 whichever comes first.
>>
So if use robinhood I can't buy another stock immediately with the cash I made from selling another? That's kind of dissapointing
>>
>>1018288
its for your own protection

read this
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_riding

I had a cash account with Interactive Brokers for a while and they operated the same way
(I have since switched to a margin account to avoid this annoyance)
>>
>>1018302
Ok I see, so a margin account lets you get matched my a broker for 50% of the investment?
>>
>>1018302
>its for your own protection
lol, I don't know who told you that.

Settlement periods are just a scam the securities industry came up with to hold money longer.
Kind of like when your bank says "it'll take three days for your money to transfer", when we all know that shit is instantaneous.
>>
>>1018315
okay fair enough

its for robinhoods protection then so the SEC doesnt get mad at them

better?
>>
>>1018322
Any broker has to follow SEC rules. RH is no exception.
But the possibility for them to get fucked only exists because of their industry's own system.
Because of it they "have to" put rules like this in place, so that you can't abuse the gaping loophole they just created.
>>
I have 65 dollars and im looking for a new meme stock. ASTI keeps failing to go above .20, and I may drop it.

Any tips Boss?
>>
>>1018335
ASTI is going ham at the CES in early January. Double down on that shit.

It may be a meme but it's an award-winning meme with its flagship, patented tech.
>>
IT'S NOT A LOSS UNTIL YOU REALIZE IT
>>
God damn patience pays off. I was ready to panic sell XGTI and NETE after they both fell yesterday and they're both back in the green. Seems like the worse the indexes are doing the better my memes thrive.
>>
>>1018347
fuck that...

if your hand is over a fire you pull it out asap you dont let it keep burning
>>
>>1018352
Then how are you going to discover your magic powers like this anon >>1018351
>>
I need a nice meme for under $.11 a share. Suggestions?
>>
>>1018352
You do realize stocks aren't a slot machine right? Look at PQ dropping to .30 in a death spiral and now it's back over .40. Like another anon said it's not a loss until you sell and commit to it being a loss.
>>
>>1018288
Slows down fraud and money laundering. Both require moving money as fast as possible.
>>
>>1018355

okay so just be like this guy >>1018031
and ride that toxic stock deep into the red
>>
>>1018361
I am not going to hold stocks that are losing their value. I am a firm believer in setting stop losses and getting out ASAP when shit goes south
>>
Memes aside, will ASTI ever rise again?
>>
>>1018366
Yeah if you're losing tons of money, sure. But I mean I would lose 20 bucks if one of mine bottomed out. So I'll just hold it and hope for the best. Why not?
>>
>>1018363
Gbsn is a unique case because their stock went to the floor and they reverse split it to artificially raise the share price so it could be shorted down to nothing from 6.00 a share. No two stocks do the exact same thing, and it's important to understand WHY the price changes a certain way
>>
>>1018356
Berkshire Hathaway
>>
>>1018366
You're the kind of guy I would want to go to a war with.
>>
>>1018369
It all depends on CES.
>>
>>1018374
xDDD ur hilarious haha
>>
>>1018374

Imagine if you had bought a couple shares at the 52 week low :O
>>
>>1018383
Then you'd be a meme
>>
>>1018375
the battle for GBSN hill

youre holding your ground and fighting to the death

im calling in evac helicopters
>>
>>1018383
>buy at 190k
>sell at 229k
I wish I had money.
>>
>>1018389
Oh wait. It was 229k then bombed to 200k. Sucks for whoever sold.
>>
>>1018337
Alright. I went balls deep with 400 more shares.

I'll live to regret it.
>>
>>1018392
You're a balsy guy
>>
$QTM is looking very strong, upgrading from level 3 Hold to level 1 Strong Buy #bullish
>>
>>1018397
wish I was able to buy more when they were at .76.
>>
>>1018071
Not enough volume on it. It's not going to make any serious moves until the next catalyst. Research what that's going to be and buy just before.
>>
>>1018332
This is the correct answer. Any other broker lets you use that money right away. If you then sell something that you bought with unsettled funds before it clears, you're the one who's in violation. You get like three of those a year though and every once in a while it makes sense to violate, like with mad gains after an earnings call play. I've done it. If you get approved for margin though, you don't have to worry about it anymore.
>>
HART might go to the moon
>>
>>1018436
Based on?
>>
>>1018438
Heresay
>>
Since Anon mentioned Hart it's gone up .12 from 2.14 to 2.26... What exactly did you hear about HART?
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 338x305px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 338x305px
>>1018347
>Not a loss until you realize it
>GBSN
Sure kid, hold on and let me know how that works out for you.
Better to cut your losses when you "realize" there's no coming back for a stock.
>>
>>1018337
G O V E R N M E N T
C O N T R A C T S
>>
>>1017983
Jesus Christ why'd you buy into SYN so high?
>>
Which meme is the best buy right now?
>>
>>1018460
Keep your eye on QTM, but right now I would go for SFXE and ASTI
>>
>>1018441
yeah i don't know about that one
>>
>>1018462
>bought into QTM when it was at .75
but I sold at .77 or something
of course the one time I try to be conservative
>>
Cdzi
>>
>>1018470
That's all good, you made profit there. But I think it might have room to grow even more
>>
>>1018228
I've been considering the same, holding off a few weeks
>>
>>1018460
TROX EPRS CC CDZI. Wait for red days though and buy at close.
>>
>>1018483
>CDZI
I've had great success with CDZI recently

it swings up and down ~5% so yeah like he said, catch a red day and sell a few days later once its back up

nevermind I just looked up todays chart waht the FUCK why is it up 30%?
>>
File: Bane-e1350417118472.jpg (44KB, 600x345px) Image search: [Google]
Bane-e1350417118472.jpg
44KB, 600x345px
>>1018394
For you.
>>
>>1018491
and of course im not holding any right now fuck me fuck my life just fuck my whole shit up FUCK
>>
>>1018491
Should one always buy at close or opening? I flinched and didn't buy ASTI at open and lost a lot on it yesterday
>>
>>1018446
It's case by case you smug dipshit. Gbsn I got the fuck out of because I realized what was happening. Stocks that fluctuate 1 or 2 cents are not smart to panic sell at a loss
>>
>>1018500
Can't win em all
>>1018508
It's more about getting the best possible price. It gets a little more dicey with a penny stock like ASTI, but for anything trading higher than that, it's just a good general rule to wait for a swing downward and do it after the day's action has settled. If it's a good buy to begin with, this will help you out.
>>
MBII on a low. Buy it while you can boys
>>
>>1018576
xD
>>
How do these penny stock companies come into being? Just a weak to non existent ipo?
>>
STACKING PENNY STOCKS LIKE IM JORDAN BELFOOOORT
>>
>>1018586
Jordan Belfort convinced idiots like you to buy penny stock, that's good he made all his money.
>>
>>1018598
It's a song lyric, i was post-ironic memeing
>>
>>1018583
I'd say a shittastic performance or dilution. GBSN was worth over $100 a year ago.
>>
>>1018583
penny stock companies are still worth millions, I'd never call them "weak". They're more than any company we make would be.
>>
>>1018576
They're under investigation...
>>
I'm new to robinhood. Why do they require a 25k margin account for day trading behavior? Has anyone had issue with this?
>>
>>1018649
Ah it's an SEC thing, that makes more sense.
>>
>>1018649
Cause they don't charge commission. If they did it'd only be 2k for margin
>>
just submitted a robinhood application. How long does it take to approve?
>>
>>1018671
Already done. Never mind.

Nice to know I'm not on any terrorist watch lists I guess.
>>
>>1018671
About 2-5 days.

If it takes longer submit a ticket.
>>
>>1018679
Thanks. Just linked my bank. It's notoriously slow for showing micro deposits like these.
>>
>>1018045
Thank you so much for this post. I've been interested in trying my hand at penny stocks and my RH account was just approved, so this is very useful.

In my research, I found that a lot of places warn of the high risk nature of penny stock and also high amount of penny stock scams circulating. What exactly do they mean by these scams? I already know to stay away from newsletters and advertisements that are most likely pushing stock for their own gain (that's where Googling and history trump other's word of mouth), but what are some scam signs to look out for?
>>
>>1018821
If somebody tells you they are going to give you stock advice but instead they put their dick in your ass, you probably got scammed.
>>
>>1018045
How do you avoid getting flagged as a day trader? Or do you sell a full day later?
>>
>>1018841
Sell at night time.
>>
>>1018837
Ah, thanks, I'll remember this advice and try not to get dicked. Hopefully doing enough research and pooling history will help to avoid needing to rely too much on passing advice.

Also, since I am starting out small with penny stocks, should I be diversifying yet, or just flop around with a stock or two to get my feet wet until I have more profits to play with?
>>
>>1018457
It's what happens when you listen to one guy on biz for one too many comments
>>
If I were buying, I'd say it looks like nice little bounces are coming for OFG, TROX and RWLK. Buy low. Also CMRX isn't done yet but I'd let it cool off and fall back some first.
>>
I told y'all niggas about NK a few days ago didn't I
>>
>>1018243
Down half a cent today. Think it's gonna recover to fuckin .50 in one day?
>>
All right give it to me straight.

What's the deal with ASTI?
>>
>>1018995
The deal is they just successfully filed for two significant patents and won their bid for a fuckhuge gubmint contract. They're close to their 52 week low and they're rumored to be unveiling something impressive next month at CES.
>>
>>1018995

Good volatility. Profit from the noise. But it is NOT a long term hold. The company is pure shit. Just look into it.
>>
>>1019014
So should k buy as much as possible?
>>
>>1019032
Buy as much as you are prepared to lose, boss.
>>
>>1019032
What >>1019035 said. I bought 500 shares at 0.15 because I was feeling frisky. I'll be happy if I clear a few bucks next month but if it tanks I can still make rent and I'll have gained some knowledge along the way.
>>
>>1019032
I'm doing 1,000 shares and that's it. Not willing to risk more than 5% of my portfolio on this multicultural trainwreck, but but next week their shining glory comes and so do I.
>>
>>1019046
Heck even if it just jumps a couple cents you can make a decent profit.
>>
>Buy LLEX a few weeks ago
>Shit tanks and loses about 40% of its value
>Too late to sell without a huge loss, I guess I'll hold onto it for a while to see if I can sell for less of a loss
>Today they announce a merger and the price of their shares double
>Cash out with a small profit

Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>1019313
I know that feel, bro. I call it TGIX.
>>
File: 1444177769720.jpg (40KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1444177769720.jpg
40KB, 500x484px
>Tfw canadian and can't use robinhood

y
>>
Created an account on robinhood and thinking of putting $100 into ASTI. This hype has be anxoius should i be?
Also this will be the 1st stock i ever buy any tips?
>>
>>1018071
witty lad
>>
>>1019032
I bought 4000 shares
>>
>>1019387
Don't do it. It's a memestock and could crash at any moment. It also hasn't has any movement in several days and even if it does go up you make what, $5? Not worth it. If it crashes you'll lose it all.
>>
>>1019387
ASTI is having a big reveal at CES next week, so yes, now is the time to buy.

>>1019447
>It also hasn't has any movement in several days
That's not even a bad thing, are you high? ASTI just paid off a debt, secured a patent, won an award, and won a major lawsuit all in the last 2 months. It's king right now.
>>
>>1019447
>Don't do it
Really, it's better if he gets ass raped the first time out.
You sure as fuck don't want to win big the first time you play in the market.
>>
File: image.jpg (55KB, 552x414px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
55KB, 552x414px
>>1018494
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 779x411px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 779x411px
>>1018513
>>
File: IMG_1654.png (76KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1654.png
76KB, 640x1136px
pls hold me close
>>
>>1019542
what's that app?
>>
does everyone here just speculate instead of investing?
>>
>>1019552
No clue, someone installed it for me. I have no idea what this thread is or where I even am. What is robinhood? Where am I? Who are you?
>>
>>1019556
robinhood is only for us residents
I am not a us resident
hence I do not know wtf the app looks like

therefore, for all i knew, you could just be showing people that you are a loser
>>
>>1019447
"I said ASTI looked good and everyone made fun of me and then it jumps to .17 from .14 the next day."
>>
>>1019542

Shit kiddo what did you do
>>
>>1019603
i have a meme heavy portfolio

ASTI FREE and SFXE
>>
>>1019610
LOL FREE trades of barely any volume, SFXE keeps coming out with negative PR. what are you doing.
>>
>>1019614
I told you I have a meme heavy portfolio. I am investing in every meme stock from these threads. It's fun.
>>
I'll put half in then since its my 1st time. Rather lose a lil and keep moving on.
Ive been hearing talk about sfxe as well
>>
>>1019462
Thanks for you input though i will keep any eye on that hope for the best
>>
>>1019602

Actually, I just don't like the volatility of meme/penny stocks, but that's just me.
>>
my sources tell me BUY LEI
>>
$NETE is going to rebound here and shoot to .35 soon, right?
>>
>>1019641
hope at least one of you did
>>
>>1019642
please senpai, i bought at $0.25 fugg me
>>
>>1019646
I'm in for .2183 after buying more to average down. So I would be happy with .25 at least.
>>
>SFXE still tanking

Jesus Christ. At what point do you guys just say enough is enough on a stock? I'm losing as much as I lost on GBSN now.
>>
>>1019645
I got some, you're alright anon
>>
>>1019652
good, I didn't have the chance so I'm glad u did.
>>
>>1019649
you are learning a valuable lesson here

you need to set stop losses whenever you buy a stock

I personally set them at around 5-10% below what I paid, so that WORST case I will lose 10% of the investment.

dont fucking hold shit when it tumbles down -50%
>>
see I don't understand why all of you retards pick the worst stocks and then call then meme stocks and literally just HOPE that they go up. the worst strategy I have ever seen
>>
>>1019664
Did you expect anything less from a Chinese cartoon picture board?
>>
>>1019667
I expected you guys to learn after like a week or two but it seems that the majority do not care about losing money
>>
Got into LEI at 4.84 already +$20
>>
If you guys just bought when I mentioned LEI youd all b rich
>>
>>1019673
I just woke up when I saw LEI with +100%
>>
>>1019673
Or if you bought again at that time
>>
HOLY FUCK LEI

I am NOT buying that shit rn. BUT HOW MUCH HIGHER WILL IT GO!
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-07-41-50.png (124KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-07-41-50.png
124KB, 1080x1920px
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-07-45-22.png (127KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-07-45-22.png
127KB, 1080x1920px
>>1019679
>>
>>1019684
anybody else green this month?
>>
$FTR 4.65 good price go pick up, could drop more.
>>
>>1019689
To pick up*
>>
Fuck it, I bought 10 of LEI at 7.90. It is fucking soaring
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxO8eZ5lcqs
>>
>>1019691
wwwhhhooooaaaaa
>>
>>1019691

Aaaaaand then watched it cap and then I sold at 7.75 for a slight loss. Damn it, a bit foolish there.
>>
>>1019649
I'm down 34% on CRDC and at this point don't care. it's only like 1.30$ loss. I'm keeping it until it hits a 1 cent gain
>>
>>1019691
>>1019702

LMAO. Classic buy high sell low. Good job lad.
>>
>>1019702
lmao its at 8.70 right now
>>
>>1019641
>$LEI
>>1019645

How?
>>
NETE what are you doinggggg
>>
SO MUCH RED
>>
>>1019673
>>1019676
>>1019684

I'm ready to sell everything I have and just listen to your tips or info. How can I do this?
>>
File: 1371163154854.jpg (119KB, 400x1053px) Image search: [Google]
1371163154854.jpg
119KB, 400x1053px
>bought ASTI at .15
>had a chance to sell for .17, passed it up
>>
>>1019720
Its all good anon, just average down now that its in the .13s. Should at least hit .17 next week from CES.
>>
File: CXfvdvqVAAAD8DN.jpg (33KB, 599x745px) Image search: [Google]
CXfvdvqVAAAD8DN.jpg
33KB, 599x745px
>I missed the LEI rocketship

fuck i hate my job so much
>>
>>1019717
I'd happily invest your money anon
>>
>>1019732
Take it all and give it back when we're both rich plz
>>
What's the current meme stock? I'm still on FREE.

Also what are some good affordable oil socks for muh 16 rebound
>>
>>1019740
I was also the anon who tipped you guys off about KTOV
>>
>>1019747
okay can you start posting with a name so we recognize you next thread
>>
>>1019740
if you're being serious drop me an email or Skype idk
>>
>>1019753
I already like the name anonymous. I can post a screenshot of my RH or something
>>
>>1019760
Please do. I'm very interested in seeing what your chart looks like. How did you get the advice by LEI? Did you just read a few articles before the trading started?
>>
>>1019756
I just want to know when you have a tip. How can we make that happen?
>>
>>1019766
sustained huge loss from first trade, just been making up for it ever since and haven't stopped gaining. I saw LEI was up on their acquirement of that other company then the volume was high and the 1 minute chart looked bullish. By the way I called FXCM a couple days ago too
>>
I love you guys so much, thank you for keeping these /rgt/s alive

I just added a $100 deposit over to my RH account and I'm ready to start experiencing penny stocks on Monday.

What do you guys recommend or use to track your personal gains and losses over time? Specific software or prot building sites?
>>
WAVX, yea or nay?
>>
File: Nay.png (154KB, 1919x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Nay.png
154KB, 1919x1077px
>>1019774
I wouldn't but I'm kind of a fuccboi
>>
>>1019783
RobinHood desktop version/Chrome extension? Or just an Android emulator?
>>
>>1019774
no
>>
>>1019789
ARC Welder
Chrome extension for Andriod emulation
>>
>>1019790
Dam man, any more magic happening soon?
>>
>>1019756
I have capital if you want to have a mutually beneficial relationship anon
>>
fugggggg
I missed LEI at $10
>>
I followed TLOG a few days ago on someone's reccomendation, and it went to the moon yesterday or today. Shot up 45 cents today. I'm upset. Haven't read the news yet to decide if I should buy. Just wanted to see if the biziness men are on this.
>>
What are your plans if ASTI crashes or doesn't shoot up after CES?
>>
>>1019809
I'm interested how can I contact you?
>>
Help

I'm bleeding out

Helppp
>>
>>1019849
Call 911 anon
>>
>>1019848
on my phone now btw
>>
File: imbleeding.jpg (37KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
imbleeding.jpg
37KB, 640x360px
>>1019849
>>
>>1019844
Holding for about a year. No point in selling at a loss. I dont mind not being able to use the money, but i doubt it will never go above my buy price
>>
I learned something today. If you reach 100% just sell it.
>>
Anon's Mutual Fund: Ensuring your money is used to Buy High and Sell Low.
>>
>>1019861
If you reach 100%, set a stop limit for 10% less than the current price. if it continues to climb, cancel the sell and repeat. Do this correctly and you'll have cashed out by the time it assplodes.
>>
Any anons using ARC Welder? Where are you guys getting the APKs?
>>
File: here.png (192KB, 1919x1077px) Image search: [Google]
here.png
192KB, 1919x1077px
>>1019865
I got it here
https://apkpure.com/robinhood-free-stock-trading/com.robinhood.android
>>
I'm waiting for ASTI to drop more and then I'm going balls to the wall.
>>
>>1019851
Email or Skype?
>>
>>1019873
As soon as my funds settle my balls, too, will be all over ASTI's wall.
>>
Can someone explain how the ForEx works?
>>
>>1019864
...is there an app for that??
>>
File: blastoff.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
blastoff.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>1019873
>>1019894
I don't think we're dipping below 0.13 again today. Now's as good a time as any.
>>
>>1018841
Day traders by definition only use margin accounts. It's impossible to be a day trader using robinhood since you have to wait for your funds to settle after you've sold before you can use them again to buy something
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-31-12-29-50.png (88KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-31-12-29-50.png
88KB, 1080x1920px
>>1019910
A cool new app called Robinhood
>>
So I have stock in PBY and they got a bid from Icahn to buy them out at $18.50 a share. Do I get that payout or what will happen once it happens?

I assume it will go through since they already payed bridgestones buyout contract for more than 50 million...
>>
>>1019921
I knew a guy trying to day trade with $15K. The SEC kept flagging him as a pattern trader and freezing his account, so he'd use an alternate non-margin account. He'd get fucked and lose opportunity on settlement periods until they unfroze his margin account.Then he' start all over again.
>>
>>1019876
[email protected]
>>
>>1019859
What did you buy for? Set a buy limit at 0.10 (its 52 wk low) to try and nab some shares today (doubt it will drop to it). If I leave the buy limit that low and Monday rolls around, are my chances to nab that low pretty nil? Does stock price hype-increase at the top of the week of major events or generally the day of an event?

I'm wondering is I should just buy around 0.13 today and play it safe.
>>
Im in ASTI, now what?
>>
>>1019933
>Im in ASTI, now what?
Hide all guns from yourself
>>
I just bought a single share of gopro instead of a pizza. Any hope of gopro ever going back up in a significant way?
>>
>>1019933
You've begun your journey into the center of the Earth with the rest of us.
>>
>>1019933
Be patient even if it dips further before CES
>>
>>1019927
just replying to confirm its me now that im home. we can email each others skypes then talk
>>
File: asian ass.webm (2MB, 404x720px) Image search: [Google]
asian ass.webm
2MB, 404x720px
>>1019935
the pizza is a better investment to be honest family
>>
>>1019924
If you answer honestly I will buy some ASTI shares..
>>
>>1019941
So if CES turns out to be a failure? wouldn't this thing get delisted?
>>
File: 3632178.jpg (93KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
3632178.jpg
93KB, 640x480px
>>1019935
>gopro
>>
>>1019948
abandon ship
>>
>>1019950
very tricky to define a stoploss here, topkek
>>
>>1019949
>>1019946
Whelp, at least it was only $18.
>>
>>1019923
Thanks!!!!!
>>
>>1019864
Thanks for this tip. You really need to babysit the ticker down to the second to maximize, but sounds totally worth it in theory.

How accurate is Robinhood's ticker price updates, by the way? Has anyone ever got screwed over by a delay in RH?
>>
File: TrailingStopGraphic[1].png (34KB, 575x352px) Image search: [Google]
TrailingStopGraphic[1].png
34KB, 575x352px
>>1019971
its called a trailing stop. some brokers have tools that let it automatically follow the market price, so you dont have to do it manually like he described

robinhood gives current market prices which is really nice
>>
>>1019981
Ah, I understand. This is really useful. So I assume because Robinhood doesn't have trailing stops (yet), this is one of the benefits to using someone that charges commission?
>>
File: sad_emoji.png (53KB, 600x931px) Image search: [Google]
sad_emoji.png
53KB, 600x931px
>>1019971
NP. I am also noob, so, salt grains and such. I can't attest to the ticker's accuracy but I got cucked by fluctuations in LEI today. I was setting my stop about 5% below current price and it got dumped during a dip which is why I recommended 10%. I figure the added breathing room will be helpful.

>>1019981
I didn't know this had a name, thank you.
>>
File: word.jpg (68KB, 1200x631px) Image search: [Google]
word.jpg
68KB, 1200x631px
Happy new year ASTI fags
we /EOD rally/ now
thanks for being swell /biz/
>>
>>1018231
Very. Prolly wont recover for another couple weeks
>>
>>1019794

I can't get it to work for me, any tips?
>>
go asti go asti go
>>
>>1020005
I didn't encounter any issues but I saw some people complaining that it hangs at the loading wheel when launching the APK. Is that where you're at?
>>
>>1020010
Nope, it's loaded to the point where I just see the Robinhood icon in the middle of a grey screen.
>>
>>1019827
That was me, I've been posting about it over the past week telling people it'll go up :)
>>
Any reason to believe that ASTI is going to make a splash at CES?
Is there even evidence they are attending?
>>
http://ces16.mapyourshow.com/7_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=T0010376
>>
>>1020038
Ah thanks.
Will probs cover my AMD short the day before CES
>>
File: 1.png (28KB, 361x665px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
28KB, 361x665px
>>1020015
I configured mine as shown here and hit TEST. The grey screen with the app icon appeared for about 10 seconds and then the app launched. Not sure what would cause your issue. Sorry anon
>>
>>1020043
If you have a Samsung phone you can use Sidesync
>>
File: pepe#233.png (97KB, 1092x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pepe#233.png
97KB, 1092x1080px
Bought 1000 shares of DGAZ at $20 a share last week. It's been dropping since, now at $12/share. Do I sell, wait, or kill myself?
>>
>>1020072
Kill self, wait then sell
>>
>>1020072
really not supposed to hold that kind of thing overnight.
The daily rebalancing will eventually screw you.
>>
>>1020082
I know. I caught it at the decline of it's rise last week. It's been dropping and dropping since. Should I cut my losses or hope it hits another spike?
>>
File: comeonbruh.png (586KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
comeonbruh.png
586KB, 720x528px
>>1020083
>really not supposed to hold that kind of thing overnight
>>
>>1020043
Could you tell me what APK version you're using?
>>
>>1020083
>hits another spike
It's possible, but the problem is that depending on how long that takes, the spike may not return the price to $20
Even if the underlying ratio is the same, rebalancing may mean that the price isn't.
Sorry, but to even make a guess I'd need to know a lot more about Nat Gas trends.
>>
File: 2015-12-31 (6).png (10KB, 600x992px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-31 (6).png
10KB, 600x992px
>>1020088
1.6.2 linked here >>1019868
>>
>>1020072
20,000-12,000 that's a huge loss. Did you get advise from /biz/?

Gas has been tanking for a month why the fuck did you buy?

If you can afford holding you could take the gamble, but if you can't handle that kind of stress cut your loss
>>
>>1020097
I took advise from someone on biz. I know I fucked up, I didn't do the research. I blindly threw in all of my trade funds into that stock. I'll probably hold it until it either hits $16 or $10.
>>
>>1020097
I don't think I can live with myself if I do sell it early and it goes back to $20 next week.
>>
File: ௵.jpg (21KB, 372x260px) Image search: [Google]
௵.jpg
21KB, 372x260px
>>1020100
>>
>>1020102
you live and learn friend
>>
>>1020100
>>1020102

Just hold out bruv. Cold months are coming. It'll go back up. Don't buy high and sell low. We've had enough of that today.
>>
>>1020107
>It'll go back up
not a stock, bud
>>
>>1020107
>>1020126
Exactly. Its a frickin inverse ETF. Do you guys have no clue? Oil/Gas and Energy is so far down, it is more likely for it to go up to normal levels than drop even further. If they recover (which is not unlikely - winter may come at some point, and the whole craze is coming to an end), he loses even more money.

I'd cash out.
>>
is it possible to short stocks using Robin Hood?
>>
>>1020155
It's as likely as you lurking or reading the FAQ.
>>
>>1020166
please answer, I have been looking at their website FAQ and can't find an answer.
>>
>>1020172
the answer is no
>>
>>1020043
Odd, mine pops the logo up for about 1 second then gives me the Chrome puzzle error.
>>
>>1020172
You need a margin account for that.
In other words, you need to have a decent amount of value to your broker if you expect them to extend credit to you, which is what shorting entails.
>>
>>1020205
Is this true for every broker? I knew shortselling originally required purchases on margin, but I thought it became so common that there was a way where you did not need a margin account, the broker would automatically deduct the loss from your account.

Is it possible in general to short indefinitely or does the stock have to be sold on a certain day?
>>
>>1020043
>>1020094
>>1020202
sigh, works on my laptop but not my desktop.
>>
>>1020222
It's true for all brokers. This is because by giving you shares to short, the brokerage is extending you a loan. A credit based account is thereby necessary.
You can short almost indefinitely, although you'll pay for the privilege the entire time it remains open.
They could also yank the shares back from you, but that doesn't happen too often.
>>
>>1020222
>the broker would automatically deduct the loss from your account.
Your losses on a short can be unlimited. Not something they can deduct at that point. All they can do is close you out at a ruinous price and tell you that you owe them five figures.
>>
>>1020227
>>1020232
thanks, this has been incredibly informative.
>>
>>1020236
Sure thing.
Don't lose your ass out there.
>>
File: sauceeeee.jpg (885KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
sauceeeee.jpg
885KB, 1500x1500px
How do guys feel about SFXE eight now?
Bought in at.25 after the big drop on Monday
Now I'm getting a little worried.
>>
>>1020223
Out of curiosity, how different are your laptop and desktop? It works on my desktop at work (a newish Dell with an i7, 16GB of memory and Windows 7) but I haven't tried yet on my lappy or any of my home machines.
>>
>>1020248
I wouldn't even touch it with your mom's dildo anon. Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>1020249
Laptop is a 2013 i5-3XXX on Windows 10, Desktop is a 2015 i5-5XXX on Windows 7.
>>
>>1020266
Odd, I'm on Windows 10 and it doesn't work.
>>
>>1020266
>>1020249
What version of Chrome are you guys running?
>>
>>1017966
Is Robinhood beginner friendly?
>>
any chance of ASTI going $1-2 after SEC?
>>
>>1020439
Yeah, its pretty bare bones, and zero commission allows to to have small capital yet make gains.
>>
>>1020444
That sounds optimistic, it really depends on what they unveil/announce there. Though it should rise some, at any rate
>>
>>1020456
I just started a robinhood account. Should I get in at .145 right now or wait for a lower dip? Markets closed today i think. Also keep in mind im a total fucking noob.
>>
>>1020458
ASTI TO THE MOOOOOOOOON

btw telling people you're a noob will only make them want to troll you more
>>
>>1020452
I just put in $30 to start off with, how soon can I expect that money to be processed? 1-3 days?
>>
>>1020452
I was thinking about using Acorns as well, I've put maybe about $35 in so far. But I'm not too sure if I should continue with it before I put any real $$$ in
>>
>>1020461
Should I buy right now when the market is closed? Will i get fucked when market opens on monday or am I good on making an order right now?
>>
>>1020473
Look up order types. There are different kind of buy and sell orders. You should learn what they are and how they work before you do anything.

Many people will suggest you place a stop loss on them once you've bought so that you can keep yourself from losing too much money if the stock drops at some point after you've bought them. It can help you sell before the price drops too much.

With no commissions, you can always buy the stock again on a future date anyways.

If you place a market order right now, you'll buy at whatever price it is when the order is finally made. Another type of buy order is a limit order, where you will buy as long as the stock is under a particular limit. Buying and selling can cause the price to move (never going to happen unless you're placing large orders) so limits help you control to ensure you don't pay more than you want for a stock.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1536x2048px
>>1020474
Thanks for this. This is what my order history looks like because I realized how dumb I was after reading about order types.
>>
is $NETE dead?
>>
noob here

read this whole thread and I'm wanting to take a chance on this.

My only question is a stupid one. If penny stocks are so risky, how does one make money on it?

If a stock does really well, do you sell it before the end of the day? Or hold on?

likewise, if it plummets do you get out quick?

Sorry for stupid question, but I'm new to all this.
>>
>>1020506
>If a stock does really well, do you sell t before the end of the day? or hold on?
Up to you.
>If it plummets do you get out quick?
Once again; Up to you.

Some people will cut their losses, others will hope for a rebound.
>>
I just bought a k in Apple.

I'm hoping to be rich when the next iPhone drops, tbqh.
>>
>>1019692
BRUH

xD

Can you post this again in like 20 minutes for motivation?
>>
>>1020466
If I'm not mistaken the first 1k is instant, but it could depend on the bank. But the 1-3 days only includes market days so won't go through on the weekend.
>>
>>1020471
I used acorn for ~1.5 years and seen gains only for a week I tried conservative, growth and moderate, seems more likley to loss with acorns, but a good way to just save money.
>>
>>1019945
Hey man, Sent you an email with the Joe.Grove** skype.

Hope to hear from you.
>>
>>1020506
Penny stocks are volatile. As long as there's movement in either direction then there's money to be made. You just have to be able to play it right.
>>
>>1020568
Can you set auto-transactions on RobinHood as soon as you hit a certain pique?
>>
>>1020573
It is called a limit order. It is one of the basics of trading. Do yourself a favor and learn the different types of orders.
>>
>>1020574
ur a sik cunt. Thanks m8
>>
>>1020568
ok and how would one play it right?

and am i wrong or do you have to wait 24 hours before selling something you just bought?
>>
>>1020597
There's a hold on funds when you sell. It's required by the SEC. If you had a margin account, you wouldn't have to worry about that, but robinhood doesn't currently have beta accounts for regular customers.
>>
Anyone else notice XGTI is up to .26 fucking cents after hours? Big things Monday for those of us who held our memes through the storm of this (mostly) shit trading week?
>>
how do you determine what pennystocks are the best to take a chance on?
>>
>>1020613
go to allpennystocks.com and find literal penny stocks that fluxuate 50-100% then buy high and sell low.
>>
Is RobinHood not available for iphone?
>>
>>1020613
it's good to do at least a bare minimum of research to make sure you're not wasting money on something that is absolutely going down but one day a bunch of people pumped and dumped it. LEARN WHAT PUMP AND DUMP IS and also what happens when a penny stock is being heavily short sold. If you don't understand shorting you're going to be in for a lot of pain.
>>
>>1020624
thanks

that has lead me to probably stay out until i know more.
>>
File: fuckeverybody.jpg (781KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fuckeverybody.jpg
781KB, 2560x1600px
>>1020620
Only in USA because we're #1
>>
>>1020568
>As long as there's movement in either direction then there's money to be made
Not really.
Penny stocks are almost impossible to short, which means you can only make money when the price goes up.
They also spend much more time going down than up, so you're correct about how risky they are. Most of the posters here will freely admit that they're just really just gambling.
Not to say you couldn't get lucky, but do yourself a favor and look at it like the lottery, rather than "stock trading".
>>
>>1020703
Where are you coming up with penny stocks being "almost impossible" to short? There are "celebrity" traders who have staked their entire reputations on shorting crappy stocks. I'm sure you're aware of the dingus Tim Sykes.
>>
>>1020745
>shorting crappy stocks
Crappy in the sense that they're overvalued, yes.
But not crappy in the "shares are 12 cents and it's difficult to find anyone long" sense.
There's a reason why almost every stock mentioned on this board is classified as "None To Borrow". If I could short any of these meme stocks, I'd be all over it.
>>
>>1020248
Im also still riding the Sfxe train.

Fuck, if they could only have gotten Barton and Livenation to the fray wed be out of the woods.
>>
brand new to stocks and shares,
got 1.6k to invest and was wondering what path of action should I take?
looking for a safe growth portfolio so do I just invest in ETFs?
Australia btw if it matters.
>>
>>1018234
Not even senpai since they're naking horrific design choices of recent. Yeah people are buying them but they aren't growing anymore they have the same group who keeps buying the new stuff while others are starting to get into chink stuff (cheaper smartphones). Macs on the other hand will be stronger as usual. Smart watches will probably steady increase their calue instead of making them exploded.
>>
>>1020923
How come I haven't heard anything big happening with SFXE?

It seems like they are just going to keep tanking until they drop out of the market.

tl;dr- what the fuck are you doing shilling for this shit?
>>
Held QTM and my average share was bought at .81 should I be bailing out right now?
>>
File: image.jpg (256KB, 1024x838px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
256KB, 1024x838px
>>1020636
Suck it Europoor
>>
Why is the market closed right now? It doesn't say January 2nd is a holiday on the NYSE site
>>
>>1021853
Its a weekend moron
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.