[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After realizing college is a meme, I've finally dropped

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 3

File: selfie(5120).jpg (86KB, 682x1024px) Image search: [Google]
selfie(5120).jpg
86KB, 682x1024px
After realizing college is a meme, I've finally dropped out. I'm thinking about becoming an electrician. Is this a good move?

>pic unrelated
>>
File: 4L_k9NUQpb2.png (209KB, 500x582px) Image search: [Google]
4L_k9NUQpb2.png
209KB, 500x582px
>>666787436
Yes anon. I wish you luck in your endeavors. Don't forget to save money for the future
>>
>>666787436
Sparkies make a shit load of money. Prepare to work in shitty conditions though. Like under houses and in attics.
>>
>>666787595
>>666787694
thanks guys

Anyone know how hard union apprenticeships are to get?
>>
>>666787847
>working for the union

Go kill yourself instead, you'll be much more useful
>>
>>666787847

That depends entirely on where you live
>>
>>666787436
Im on the coast of NC and electricians as well as plumbers make six figures. You can have a posh titled job with a desk under glowing tubes and not come close to half of that around here. Good luck brosky
>>
Your mom is a meme
>>
>>666787436
i heard that they make like $90k annual
I also want to do this but right now I'm trying to get my first certificate as a private pilot
>>
27 year old electrical fag here. started right out of hs at 18. put my time in (hot summers cold winters ) for dick money but after all of it im working for the city of ny and getting $49 an hour.
>>
>>666788168
From what I've read online, union apprenticeships are a good thing. What's wrong with them?
>>
>>666788885
nice, did you do an apprenticeship with a union? i'm 19.
>>
Literally everything is a fucking meme you retarded piece of shit. Why would you care what people think then and now?
>>
Aspen Reign , Megan Salinas , Raven Black , Zoey Foxx , Jessie Rogers , Ava Steel , Leticia Sanches , Carrie Brooks , Amber Chase

album...

http://imgur.com/a/fxtPn
>>
>>666789317
The problem is being a part of the Union shows you are a fucking faggot

Unions are basically just a fucking easy way to manipulate the system and not do shit/fuck over the working man

As long as you do it and go off and freelance or don't work for the union its fine, but being part of the union shows how much of a pathetic, lazy, degenerate cuck you are
>>
>>666791621
noted, thanks anon.
>>
>>666787436
don't know where you live, but here in germany that would be a very smart move. if you're not stupid and have basic business skills you can easily make it into six figures.
>>
>>666791819
thanks, I live in the US.
>>
>>666791786
No problem

Just remember the union are basically city workers

So they get paid by the state, my fucking tax dollars, so they aren't paid for the work they do, they're paid for being there. Ever wonder why road city workers never get shit done? Because they don't have to. And if one of them is called out, the union gets to jump on it and call discrimination or some bull shit

Unions in schools have also gotten pedophile teachers from losing their jobs. Let that set the tone
>>
>>666787436
I know how to connect a whole power grid from HV input into the building to installing the circuits in the house. AMA OP.
>>
Stupid can't even complete college, what makes you think you'll become an electrician. Dumbass labour jobs are shitty. Thank God I'm in uni going in for a nice clean healthcare job.
>>
>>666793028
Are you in the US? Did you do an IBEW apprenticeship? If not, how did you get into the industry?

>>666793116
what made you think I was stupid? I finished about 1 1/2 years of college with above a 3.8 as a CS major at a good uni. I just think college is a joke.
>>
>>666788630
holy shit do you want OP to kill himself? too far imo tbh fam
>>
>>666793318
yeah so you're lazy. you do know that you'll have to work wherever you want to go right
>>
>>666793116
>Clean
>Healthcare
Pick one
>>
>>666793608
it wasn't about the work load you fucking nincompoop. enjoy your clean healthcare job.
>>
>>666791621
My father is an electrician and is a union member. Has nothing to do with working the system. They provide employment opportunities. He worked a second job at night and did construction during the day through the union. The man worked 80+ hours a week to put me and my brother through college so fuck yourself
>>
IBEW for 15 years here. Started out digging ditches as a groundman. There's definitely money to be made.
>>
>>666793116
>healthcare
>aids
Pick both.
>>
If ur an entitled retard, and have never been taken advantage of by some fucking employeer that doesnt give a shit about you, you prolly dont see why you dont need a union.
>>
>>666793318
Still studying last year in school in Sweden. I'm becoming an automation engineer, but year 1 and 2 were the same as for the ones becoming electricians. I don't get "IBEW", I get "behörighet för BB1/2 elarbeten" - "Allowance to perform limited access 1 and 2 jobs."
>>
How come overtime there is a college / job thread, people talk as if every electrician makes upwards of 90k? It just isn't true.

"In 2014, the median wage for an electrician was $51,110. The highest-paid earned $85,590, while the lowest-paid electricians earned around $31,170 that year. An apprentice usually makes between 30 percent and 50 percent less than someone who is fully trained."

http://money.usnews.com/careers/best-jobs/electrician/salary

Unless you go to some no-name college, or have a shitty major, college is a way better bet for a higher salary in the future.
>>
>>666787436
Very smart move if you are talented about it and ain't afraid of getting dirty.

Here in Belgium, skilled manual workers make a shitload but competition is hard because of all the eastern europeans working undeclared for cheaper and for roughly the same quality.
>>
>>666787436
>In 2016, everything is now a meme. The definition of meme is no longer relevant and we no longer have to identify specifically what we mean by stretching terminology.
>>
>>666795865
If you take "highest paid" to mean the top 25th percentile, never mind the 90th, then even music, art history, and film graduates make more money.

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/info-Degrees_that_Pay_you_Back-sort.html

Anecdotes are meaningless, bring data to the table.
>>
File: hitler.png (237KB, 592x407px) Image search: [Google]
hitler.png
237KB, 592x407px
>>666787436
Electrician is good honest pay for good honest work my good honest friend.
>>
>>666787436
sauce?
>>
>>666789583
no. i worked all private non union eletrical companys. i needed 5 years to work for the city. when i applied i had 6.
>>
>>666787436
yeah knowledge is totally a meme, kido
>>
>>666798322

it is when all of the knowledgeable professors with white skin are tossed out for more non-white pro-feminism shills.

Just sayin'.
>>
>>666799502
The politics of the academy do not change the value of the knowledge contained within.

If you can't separate the two, you probably shouldn't be in college anyways.
>>
>>666800070

>The politics of the academy do not change the value of the knowledge contained within

But that's my point. The way colleges are going, there isn't going to be any actual knowledge left to learn once these braindead ass-hats are done throwing their tantrums. Just coast-to-coast Gender Studies institutions.
>>
>>666800000
>>
>>666787436
Plumber's best, if you want to make money, but you need to be dispinible 24/7
Pros :
- you don't need to buy or rent a workshop
- you always have work : people can change electric cables, (even my grandpa make his own electrical circuits) but really few have the tools to change a heater or toilets pipes.
-pays well for a beginner

Cons :
need to be always disponible
Bit dirty sometimes

But it pays pretty well
>>
>>666800419
I really don't think you understand what you are saying, but so be it.

I'm sure they thought this about every other major social shift. Colleges have always been hubs for this kind of liberal uprising. They've survived thus far, and that isn't going to change.
>>
>>666800714
is it really just
> bit dirty
arent you drowning in shit, used tampons and condoms while checking the pipes ?
>>
>>666800810

I know exactly what I'm implying. I'm surprised that you don't.

What's to stop these people from eventually forcing out the other areas that teach and give 'practical degrees' once they win their precious 'safe spaces'.

By 'practical degrees' I of course refer to the degrees you can actually use to get a job once you get it.
>>
>>666792083
You have zero concept of what unions do.
>>
>>666787436
Or stay in college and be an Electrical Engineer.
>>
>>666787436
Im currently in my 2nd year as an Apprentice Electrician. If you dont mind manual labour its a very good move. Pays great once you qualify as well.
>>
>>666787436
Yes! Go through with it anon! Just make sure to join union.
>>
My father was an electrician
He was able to support me and my mother and then some
Its a decent job
Im looking into it as for when im done with some shit so yeah you made the right choice
>>
>>666802318
In all honesty I do believe him, I had a teacher in high school who showed up late every day. Did almost nothing but sit there. He said he was under the union and it's almost impossible to be fired. He was fired from the school 3 years before this, and brought back after he was associated with a union.
>>
>>666793116
Bitch, I did labor my whole life and now I own a mining company. Made my first million at 26 and never spent a day or a penny in a classroom
>>
>>666787436
best move is into morgue
>>
>>666801016
Not really, i don't think it happens often, of course it would but less often than you imagine
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.