[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to have depression.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 298
Thread images: 51

File: 1386225993299.jpg (40KB, 604x482px) Image search: [Google]
1386225993299.jpg
40KB, 604x482px
What's it like to have depression.
>>
File: getreal.jpg (64KB, 720x951px) Image search: [Google]
getreal.jpg
64KB, 720x951px
>>662478348
>>
>>662478348
I fucking hate shit like this. Depression isn't artistic, or poetic, and no image in the world can properly relate it. It just fucking sucks and you have to deal with it. Fuck you.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 352x304px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 352x304px
>>662478671
/thread
>>
>>662478671
das deep man
>>
>>662478671
pretty much this

mild depression ocd and anxiety checking in
>>
Like having a thin cloudy veil over my brain.
>>
Fuck that "its like a void that cant be filled" type bullship people say. Depression is just being sad all the time for no reason. There is nothing poetic to it. Nothing interesting. Just sadness. If you know someone with it, don't stimulate them too much because they will get attached but make sure you communicate with them at least once a day for a little while.

Humans are so delicate.
>>
I can tell you what paranoia feels like...
OP you're up to no good, preying on the weak.
>>
>>662478671
nigger the image has nothing to do with it.

What is depression like?
>it sucks
Great explanation.

If it is that simple then why can't you just get over it then you fucking absolute faggot, like everyone else I've heard who has depression.
>>
empty
>>
https://youtu.be/EmC7lq-NzE0
>>
>>662479174
imagine having no drive to do anything, ever.
everything is a chore even the things you once enjoyed
>>
>>662478348
It is different things for different people. I often hear it described as a big hairy monster sitting on you that you must shift every time you need to do something. For me it manifests as a lack of motivation, energy, or interest in more or less anything. It is unpleasant, but it is one among many problems for me.
>>
>>662479145
fuck you humans are the most robust species on the planet
>>
>>662478348
It's pretty depressing.
>>
>>662479570
kek
>>
>>662478348
All you do is constantly think and think about tiny inconsiderable events and managing to end up negatively thinking about yourself
>>
Being sad af but not knowing why and blaming it on stupid shit
>>
>>662478671
>>662479027
>>662479095
>>662479145
>>662479405
>>662479460
>>662479826

Depression is a manufactured illness that you get diagnosed with only to sell pills.
>>
>>662478348
imagine never wanting to get out of bed in the morning or do anything even if its something you enjoy
>>
I dunno. What's it like sleeping in a race-car bed?
>>
If you have been diagnosed with mild to moderate depression or have depression-like symptoms, and ARE NOT taking an antidepressant, try taking 5-HTP.

My symptoms manifest as a lack of motivation/willpower as well as anger/rage over the slightest shit. Since I've started taking 100mg of 5-HTP it's been a world of difference.

Your body naturally makes 5-HTP out of an amino acid called Tryptophan. It then makes the 5-HTP into Serotonin. Taking 5-HTP will cause you to have higher levels of Serotonin in your brain.
>>
>>662478348
i dont know anon, but that pic made me appreciate the beauty of art
>>
>>662478348
Imagine having overwhelming self-awareness of you and everyone and everything around you. Realizing that nothing matters and eventually giving into the fact that there is no reason to do anything and everything becomes a chore. There's no reason to get up, there's no reason to work, go to school, ect. You've basically hit the end of the line mentally and are waiting for a conclusion. Nothing makes you happy anymore as nothing matters.

Most of these kids are just depressed because of petty shit.
>>
>>662480243
That's a great way to have a painful death.
>>
>>662480143
I've seen my MRIs, pretty sure its not
>>
>>662480143
Joke's on you, I don't take pills, I just wallow in self-pity.
>>
My girlfriend has pretty bad depression and she's on a pill cocktail of 4 and she will just get sad for no reason. Like the other day in first period band (both seniors) i sit down but im across the room because in a concert arch low brass is opposite side from flutes and i look over and shes in tears with her friend hugging her. Then yesterday i was going with friends to play d&d and i hug her then I looked into her eyes and she just looks terribly sad and wouldn't talk about it. She also will just do random things away from home as precautions when she feels suicidal and shit.
Doctors still don't know whats wrong with her too
>>
I was depressed for a long time until I realized that all of the limits that were in place, all of the shit that spills out of western societies' collective cunt-mouths and ruins stuff for the non-retards, was out of my control and not my fault.

Then I just got cynical and full of hate.

If depression is hating yourself, then just figure out how to shift the anger towards someone else. The first step, of course, is to stop failing miserably at life. Once you figure out that life is shit even when you don't make it so yourself, it's easy to hate the world.
>>
>>662480184
>What's it like sleeping in a race-car bed?

If you have to ask that question it's pretty obvious your parents never loved you enough.
>>
File: IMG_20151203_154614478~2.jpg (961KB, 2011x2383px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151203_154614478~2.jpg
961KB, 2011x2383px
I've had it pretty bad for a while, until I met jared
>>
>>662480453
Kek
>>
>>662480530
>anger towards someone else
You are a retard

You're diverting the problem, not fixing it.
>>
>>662480538
>>
>>662480538
Keked
>>
>>662480464
>Doctors still don't know whats wrong with her too

She's obviously a fucking edgy teen that wants attention
>>
>>662480337

Thats a Bingo.
>>
depression comes and goes whenever an hill in the usual mountainous way of life, shows up. It's dull and gray you feel like you don't belong to your body. after awhile, when life get to its normal way, you don't feel depression anymore.
>>
>>662480538
That or he doesn't have autism...
Oh wait, your parents didn't tell you....

Ohhhhh, that's why
>>
>>662480714

If you switch useless and unjustified anger for useful, justified anger, is the problem only diverted? The second type of anger can actually allow you to improve yourself, so would seem to be a solution (if you're not angry about anything in life you're definitely missing something).
>>
>>662480143
Says the guy without depression. If you don't have depression, you don't "get" depression. That aside, I agree with you that big pharma just shoves pills at us that won't fix our problems.

Antidepressants change the way your brain uses neurotransmitters like Serotonin. I don't want to take a pill that requires my brain. No wonder they make some people more depressed, or commit suicide.

>>662480243
This is a better way, in my opinion. Give the body the nutrients/feedstock it needs to do its job naturally. Maybe you can't make enough 5-HTP (possible) or your diet is deficient in Tryptophan (super unlikely). You're not changing how your brain works, you're just giving your body what it needs and letting it do what it will with it. It seems like a more holistic approach.
>>
>>662478348
████████╗██████╗░██╗░░░██╗███╗░░░███╗██████╗
╚══██╔══╝██╔══██╗██║░░░██║████╗░████║██╔══██╗
░░░██║░░░██████╔╝██║░░░██║██╔████╔██║██████╔╝
░░░██║░░░██╔══██╗██║░░░██║██║╚██╔╝██║██╔═══╝
░░░██║░░░██║░░██║╚██████╔╝██║░╚═╝░██║██║
░░░╚═╝░░░╚═╝░░╚═╝░╚═════╝░╚═╝░░░░░╚═╝╚═╝
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
██████╗░░██████╗░░██╗░██████╗
╚════██╗██╔═████╗███║██╔════╝
░█████╔╝██║██╔██║╚██║███████╗
██╔═══╝░████╔╝██║░██║██╔═══██╗
███████╗╚██████╔╝░██║╚██████╔╝
╚══════╝░╚═════╝░░╚═╝░╚═════╝
>>
>>662480768
Nah she's suprisingly not as edgy as you'd think. She never brings it up to people or pleads for attention like most of the cunts at our school.
>>
>>662480945
Pathetic attempt at a comeback.
>>
>>662480143

Depression is a sad reality for an estimated 350 million others on this planet. Of that estimated 350 million suffering from depression, over a million of those people will kill themselves. A million people each year globally die by suicide. Why do so many people kill themselves?
>>
>>662480337

Coming to these big-picture conclusions could be argued to be inevitable if you're not a moron or hopelessly brainwashed.
>>
>>662481099
the pills are supposed to be taken in conjunction with therapy
>>
>>662481059
>you're not angry about anything in life you're definitely missing something
Ah, youth. You're still young and have a lot to learn.
>>
It's depressing
>>
>>662480350
Please elaborate? 5-HTP is found in a number of foods. Most 5-HTP supplements are derived from edible plants. You sound like you're talking out your ass and being inflammatory, so until you explain your bullshit, I'll assume it's just that: bullshit.
>>
>>662480243

placebo
>>
>>662478348
Imagine every day that you you hate yourself. You go through your average day at work thinking about all the people that shit on you over the years. You suspect that your own mother is ashamed of you. Every night for the past thirty years she's wept at night "Why couldn't he just been normal?"

You see the safety tether on machine in the warehouse. You think of ways that it could be fashioned into a noose.

That's what it is like to have depression
>>
>>662478348

"Am I the only one who wants to die young?
In my next life I'll be everything I never was.
My grave has never looked as sweet as tonight.
We all have dark days, for me the darkness stays.
I have one wish: let me forget the hell I’m in.
I am alive in my grave.
I don't mourn for the dead. I envy their fate.

Depression is like a casket in a shallow grave
Out of sight, but I promise it will never go away.

This is a world where I am loved only by death.

I wish I had the strength to slit my own throat.
Remember when I said I want to watch myself choke."

This is all just excerpts of lyrics from an album I really like, describes it pretty well. Anons, please confirm.
>>
depression doesn't have to be sadness, it can come in the form of being unable to care about anything.

some crazy shit happens, like your car gets stolen or you lose a finger trying to cut vegetables, and it just doesn't even mean anything to you. "oh, my car/finger is gone. what a shame."

or perhaps you come across some kind of good fortune, like money or love or fame, and none of it means anything to you either. "oh hey, millions of dollars. whoop dee doo."

winning the lottery means about as much to you as cutting off your finger did, which is nothing. your whole life is like some stupid TV show that you're not interested in watching.
>>
>>662480453
underrated post
>>
>>662481277

You're implying that anybody who finds any aspect of modern society angering is an emotional child?

I would argue that anybody who hasn't looked closely enough at the world to find something that isn't okay with them is guilty of immaturity or self-deceit.
>>
Well, like the abyss with some sparks then super novas, a fucking dark deep asshole feeling.

Put a gun to your head and slowly pull the trigger, with a blank face. that's depression
>>
>>662480143
Is schizophrenia also a manufactured illness that I get diagnosed with only to sell anti-psychotics.
>>
>>662478348
I have self-diagnosed depression. I hate the world and browse 4chan all day. I think it's actually mainstream media that is constantly criticizing me (white man = bad man) that is causing me to feel like this. Bitches are just trying to keep the man down.

But i'll never surrender cause it's awesome being a white man.
>>
>>662480337
this guy gets it
>>
You have come triggered?>>662480945
>>
>>662481852

'Ice burns as hot as fire'

Get the fuck out.
>>
>>662481586
Definitely not a placebo. It's been studied in humans. Its method of action is well understood, I even explained it in my post: L-Tryptophan -> 5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP) -> 5-Hydroxytryptamine (Serotonin)

Supplementing with 5-HTP has been proven to increase brain and gut Serotonin levels. In fact, it's so effective, there is such a thing as "too much 5-HTP".
>>
>>662482057
Do you see what you are doing right now.
>>
>>662478348
its hard to stay happy. its hard to find happiness in things. you'll always point out the bad in things and forget the good.
>>
>>662481475
You said that the 5-HTP will be made into serotonin. Too much serotonin in the brain will give you serotonin syndrome, which is a horrible and painful way to die. I'd be careful with that shit.
>>
>>662478348
can't remember who said it 1st but
>depression is anger without the enthusiasm
>>
>>662482266
nigger what are you on about
>>
Do you ever just dread doing something? Like you stare at the thing you have to do for the longest time just absolutely thinking of every way you can get around it because you have no motivation to do anything? It's like that. But with everything. Even shit you like.
>>
>>662482430
It is pretty safe just don't take 5-HTP and a SSRI at the safe time.
I have taken them at the same time before and didn't get serotonin syndrome thankfully.
>>
>>662482430
Yes, see:

>>662480243
>ARE NOT taking an antidepressant

Also, stay away... from the MDMA
>>
>>662478348
"Depression is not sadness, it's aggression against yourself." - some psych teacher from middle school
>>
>>662481852
listening to better music will prob help not less depressing just better
>>
>>662482296

I'm either drunkenly missing a point or you're not as clever as you think you sound.

What am I doing?
>>
>>662482430
This is completely true. But 100mg is a normal dose for 5-HTP. You may not know this, but Serotonin is found in other places in your body other than your brain. You need a larger dose of 5-HTP because the vast majority of it is used to create Serotonin in your gut. Only a small portion of it makes Serotonin in your brain.

Doses as high as 300mg/day are normal and safe for most people. I mean, don't be a dumbass about it. You can kill yourself by drinking too much water too.
>>
>>662478348
What's it like not to have one,Anon?
>>
File: 20150127_225542.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150127_225542.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Depression sucks. For me personally it feels likr no matter what i do, it is pointless, weather i get wealthy or do things that are generally referred to as "fun." Etc. Etc. It feels like it has no purpose. No one has any purpose. Pic semi related, built a rotary engine during depression so i could drift it, slam into a wall, and die. Im over it noe somewhat, but somedays i still feel like im depressed and it sucks.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 466x316px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 466x316px
This is how your brain works when you're depressed
>>
>>662483068
ah yes. it all makes so much sense now. i always wondered how depression works, but now i can see its a direct result of lack of orange in the brain.
>>
>>662482476
Steven Wright full quote is
>depression is merely anger without enthusiasm
as a 60 yr comedian he'd know
>>
>>662483068
It's so dark
>>
>>662483234
Don't stop eating fruit, kids, or you'll end up like these depressed faggots.
>>
>>662483056

Why don't you make the fact that nothing matters or motivates you the only thing in your life that matters or motivates you? 'Nothing is relevant' is a perfectly relevant philosophy.
>>
>>662483234
my sides
>>
>>662483068
>>662483234
>>662483467

I'm a doctor and an author of many neuroscience textbooks, I can confirm that drinking orange juice will cure depression in 9 out of 11 patients.
>>
File: dpressed.png (436KB, 986x603px) Image search: [Google]
dpressed.png
436KB, 986x603px
>>
Another fun fact about 5-HTP. It's been shown to help with insomnia. (Though there is evidence linking some forms of insomnia with depression. In other words, some forms of insomnia might actually be forms of depression) Taking 5-HTP can help your brain make and store Melatonin during the daytime, and it's been proven to shorten the amount of time one spends in the lighter stages of sleep. You spend more time in REM sleep.
>>
>>662478348
Depression: dat moment when you realize you're not the best thing ever and life has no purpose. Literally every single person has to realize and deal with those feels. Depression is people who are too pussy to deal with it properly.
>>
>>662483234
zoz
>>
>>662479145
Wow
>>
>>662483056
Rotary engines are so fucking cool. Also I don't get it. Why did you have to rebuild an engine specifically meant to power a car that you were going to an hero with? Why didn't you think of an heroing in another way?
>>
>>662478348
It kind of sucks. Some days I just wont go to work and lie in bed. When my girlfriend comes home I just lie and say I went to work. Girlfriend will ask whats wrong or are you depressed and I just pretend like everything is ok. I dont wear a seatbelt because I feel like that would be an easy way out. Sometimes I just stare down the barrel wondering what it would be like.

I don't fear death in the least. I'm just not out chasing it.
>>
>>662483756

The term is 'become an hero', friend.
>>
like you're a fag.
>>
>>662482953
its a lot easier to fuck yourself up taking 5HTP than by drinking too much water. lots of recreational drugs and even some over-the-counter medicines interact in bad ways with 5HTP and might cause serotonin syndrome. not just ecstasy and SSRIs.
>>
>>662479145
>depression is just being sad all the time
Are you autistic?
>>
>>662478348
It's like your whole life is nothing more than watching newfags take the bait. :(
>>
>>662478348
It's like a slasher movie where you yourself are the slasher and the victims are yourself and your family.
>>
>>662478348
>what's it like to have depression

It's like being numb to other people's emotions.

My girlfriend texted me earlier that she misses me (she's out of town for the week) and instead of feeling good that there is someone out there that wants to see me, I feel like deep down she (or anyone else for that matter) doesn't care and I won't see her again.
>>
>>662478671
You are right Anon
>>
>>662482957

This is a recognized scale for depression.

http://mhinnovation.net/sites/default/files/downloads/innovation/research/BDI%20with%20interpretation.pdf

I'm at 16, not really depressed at all.
>>
>>662478671
THANKS
>>
>>662483834
Also I prefer to just lay in bed during any free time. Some days I don't even get up. I don't want to go hang out with friends. I don't want to talk to anyone. I just hang out on /k/ for hours at a time on my phone.
>>
>>662483655
ya no that's childish I cut myself waaaa give me attention depression
>>
>>662484234
i'm sorry but i lol'd at this so hard
>>
File: image.jpg (16KB, 117x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
16KB, 117x125px
Depressing
>>
>>662483529
Because it sucks, really, while i was in depression, i had a blank mind, it was as if i were a robot, with a concious mind that wanted to do things and go places, but i could only do the thing that i was programmed to. I could sit in a chair staring at someone getting stabbed to death and not draw a single feeling out of it. There really is no good way to explain depression. Even after i built my engine and it actually fired up, i had not a single reaction to it, my friends were excited, i was not excited or sad, i was nothing.
>>
>>662484234
wat
>>
>5-HTP daily
>Ashwagandha twice weekly
>Mucuna Pruriens twice weekly (not on the same days as Aswagandha)
>1mg Melatonin at night only as needed if you can't sleep.

Fix your hormone profile, fix adrenal fatigue, get real sleep. The above protocol will fix depression in most people.
>>
>>662484261
get the fuck off /b/
>>
>>662484038
If you're that fucking worried about it, go talk to your fucking doctor before you start hamfisting half-bottles of 5-HTP hourly. 5-HTP is relatively safe, stop fear mongering you big pharma shill.
>>
File: fucked_for_life.jpg (66KB, 493x335px) Image search: [Google]
fucked_for_life.jpg
66KB, 493x335px
>>662483068
>>662483586
Enlarged lateral ventricles. Fuck you and your colours (smaller amygdala not pictured).
>>
Its alright i spose
>>
>>662484342

Not being able to feel joy is depression. Not being able to feel anything is absolute apathetic numbness or a major sign of sociopathy.

I repressed my emotions for long enough that I don't feel long-term feelings anymore. I can make myself feel short-term emotions if I put work into it - for example, If I focus and get drunk and play the right music, tv scenes, etc. I can make myself cry - but long-term shit just doesn't work on me anymore.

Can you force yourself to feel with music and stuff, even if the feeling fades away after 30 minutes? If you can, you can be numb and use it to your benefit as long as you don't let it drive you insane.
>>
>>662484466
I take L-Dopa Mucuna Pruriens extract, not for depression, but to potentiate stimulants. It can can fuck your up heart rhythm if you don't take it with a COMT inhibitor like EGCG containing green tea extract so that the L-Dopa isn't metabolized out side of the blood brain barrier.
>>
>>662483756
When i was depressed, i wanted to just die honestly, buy i couldnt just stab myself with a knife, i alwayd say its because i didny want to go to hell, but dying whilr driving was just my excuse. I wad to scared to do it, so i figured if i died by an accident it wouldnt be suicide,and it would enable me to kill myself (what i wanted to do.) Sorry if thisd doesnt make sense, im drunk.
>>
>>662484924
>hamfisting half-bottles of 5-HTP hourly
you're the only one saying this. i did not mention anything about overdosing on 5HTP by itself.
>>
>>662485190
>Sorry if thisd doesnt make sense, im drunk.

I can tell.
>>
>>662484924
>you big pharma shill
>pays for 5-HTP

You could just exercise and fix your shit.
>>
>>662484943
>ah yes. it all makes so much sense now. i always wondered how schizophrenia works, but now i can see its a direct result of lack of middle part in the brain.
>>
>>662483586
kek
>>
>>662484968
Are you suggesting that dopamine metabolites like 3-Methoxytyramine can cause arrythmias?
>>
>>662485190

If you were afraid of Hell you had bigger problems than just depression, brother.
>>
File: 20150113_222222.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20150113_222222.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>662483756
I like rotary engines too. Feels great to beat v8 mustangs with a 1.3 L. Pic related and OC
>>
>>662485190
Yeah I can tell that you are a little drunk, but hey I haven't slept for over 48 hours so we are about on the same level. I suppose that it shouldn't be a surprise if your suicidal ideations weren't exactly rational.
>>
I don't know if I am depressed, but I don't ever feel like doing anything anymore, if I'm at a party, would rather be at home playing computer games, if I'm out for supper with friends, same thing. I like being alone but I also like being with people but when I'm with them I want to be alone
>>
>>662485611
Dear god, it's like me, 15 years ago. What a dork you must be talking about a stupid engine all the time. I have muh science, muh bridgeporting, muh blowoff valve, nobody cares.
>>
File: 1406469274117.jpg (175KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1406469274117.jpg
175KB, 1920x1080px
>>662478348

Ehhh.

You feel like its hard to get shit done sometimes

You over analyse stuff at times

Tend to find reasons to distance yourself from others (Typical reason for me is its just safer to not socialize)
>>
>>662478671
Except the picture doesn't represent depression, OP is just a retard for posting it. The picture represents depersonalization/derealization
>>
>>662485310
It sounded very suspiciously like you were trying to demonize 5-HTP. I'm not suggesting anyone take any drug without knowing what it does and what it interacts with. If they're too lazy or dumb to research and understand it themselves, they need to see a doctor.
>>
File: wat.jpg (273KB, 1280x754px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
273KB, 1280x754px
>>662485481
Breddy much. Maybe all the thoughts have to find their way around the holes and get stuck in weird places.

I also have colours that show that there is orange but the orange is all wrong.
>>
File: received_663961457050495.jpg (19KB, 720x416px) Image search: [Google]
received_663961457050495.jpg
19KB, 720x416px
>>662485611
Beautiful pic, anon.
Here's some OC tits
>>
>>662485736

Female attention is the only thing that keeps me interacting with people. That particular chase still hasn't bored me. Is this an option for you?
>>
>>662478348

It's hard to explain.

I suffered from it for 2 years before I did anything about it. Certain life circumstances lead up to it and I was just tired of feeling like shit all the time. I wouldn't say I was sad constantly but there were long stretches for sure. You just feel like youre weighed down by something that isn't there. You have no motivation to do anything. To see anyone. Sometimes even cook for yourself. I went weeks on granola bars because I couldnt get my head in the game to make anything else. Then I finally got some pills. After a while I was feeling better. Took them for a year, but it didnt feel like the depression was gone. Merely just in the back of my mind. It made the manufactured happiness seem fake. So I stopped taking the pills a week ago. Im back to where I was. I kind of missed this feeling. Maybe im not depressed. Maybe im just addicted to feeling miserable.
>>
>>662484965
I was just overexaggerating, but i gad depression so bad that i didnt care if i died, but i just coulsnt bring myself to do it. I am much better now though. I do have days where i still feel depressed but that happens maybe once a month only now. I think the thing that was supposed to kill me "my car" the rx7. Has actually helped me overcome depression by a lot.
>>
>>662485954
i mean i dont doubt that the orange is a sign of some mental disorder. but to a laymen like myself, and im guessing litterally everyone else on /b/, they mean nothing.
>>
>>662480337
Bingo.
>>
Everything sort of just loses its panache. You eat a lot less, because your hunger ceases to exist after you start to show signs of lethargy. Honestly, I sleep for a majority of the day. If I'm not at work, I'm sleeping.

Of course sleeping doesn't do much for me, I can't remember the last time I've had a dream. And despite all the sleep I get I'm never actually rested. I go through the day in a near constant state of exhaustion.

Used to be a heavy alcoholic too, but I knocked it because it stopped doing anything for me, emotion wise. I smoke cigarettes on occasion when I can't sleep. Though it's also a one I can claim cigarette breaks at work and sleep more.

Upside is that the emotional aching kind of just turned to nothing. Can't remember the last time I've genuinely laughed or cried. Downside is, that now I can feel the physical duress once again. My back (not sure what exactly, but I'd guess a disc got slipped or something) has been fucked since I was 15 years old, and my teeth aren't in good health either. I can't go through the day awake without taking a bunch of aspiring/acetaminophen/tylenol/ibuprofen. Any pain medication I can get really.

>inb4 attention craving
I'm just answering the OPs question.
>>
>>662485736
See
>>662484261
>>
>>662485529
I can't comment on that compound in particular, but I know that the cardio issues arise when too much dopamine or norepinephrine accumulates in the peripheral circulation.

L-Dopa is sometimes prescribed to treat Parkinson's and it is given along with a COMT inhibiter for the reason I described before, so that the L-Dopa is only converted to dopamine with in the brain. EGCG is the most easily accessible and legal COMT inhibitor that will work.
>>
>>662478348
like being a whiny bitch
>>
File: CT3-O_qUwAAfzj3.gif (3MB, 400x666px) Image search: [Google]
CT3-O_qUwAAfzj3.gif
3MB, 400x666px
>>662478348
feels like this
>>
>>662486081
It feels like a chore talking to girls, I'm an average looking guy, have had girlfriends, made out with chicks every now and then at parties, but I absolutely hate texting them, talking to them feels like a chore. I think it may be because I value my free time a lot, when I come from work I don't really want to do anything that takes time away from myself. I don't even crave sex really tbh, it's just not that great imo. + I moved to a city where I don't know near as many as I did and I'm somewhat shy(get a few drinks in I'll talk more etc) but clubs/bars not my scene really I'm more of a sit down in a pub type of guy.
>>
>>662478348
It's like drowning, but everyone you see around you, is able to breathe just fine and have no idea what your problem is
>>
>>662486320
The orange spots in that image only indicate areas of blood flow, likely an fMRI
>>
Put simply
You just don't feel like doing shit
>>
>>662485843
Guy seemed to be interested in rotary engines, wanted to post my story what helped me through depression as well astalk about my hobby, sorry that it offended you.
>>
>>662486545

That...actually is very accurate
>>
>>662483068
>science for retards and dropouts

Look at how they diagnose depression instead. They have this neat list they check boxes on and if you get five in a row they give you controlled substances.
>>
>>662486012
Dear god, too bad im too lazy to reverse image search.
>>
>>662479504
Tell that to the mighty kookaburra.
>>
>>662486924
Good luck ;)
>>
>>662486494
Ill have to look further into it. Using COMT to prevent L-DOPA metabolizing into dopamine doesn't make sense to me. To my knowledge, COMT doesn't metabolize L-DOPA, but rather breaks down dopamine. If it works the way I think it does, a COMT inhibitor could actually cause a further rise in dopamine.
>>
>>662478348
It's like drowning but you see everyone around you breathing.
>>
>>662485556
What i meant was that i used that phrase as an excuse for not being able to kill myself.
>>
>>662486590

I for some reason get immense emotional satisfaction from knowing that, even if she's married and she never will, a woman wants to fuck me. I can go for a long time without actual sex as long as I have her attention and can tell from her body language that she is attracted to me.

I never get close, though, because every time I do I realize she sucks and I hate her and her bullshit isn't worth it. The chase for attention and attraction itself feels like some sort of manipulation and subsequent victory on my part, and that is what keeps me interested in the social scene.

I also feel you though; I want my vidya time. I always tell girls that I'm not looking for a relationship.

Luckily for me this phenomenon keeps me from being a total recluse. I'd recommend it, if you can swing it and enjoy doing so.
>>
>>662486702
so the spots that arent orange arent getting blood flow?
>>
>>662481391
I disagree.
>>
>>662487593
They aren't completely deprived of blood. The orange spots are just where there is a higher concentration of blood.
>>
Imagine being tired all the time, and no matter what you do you will be tired. Except this tired isn't a not enough sleep kind of tired, it is an unending amount of shit that doesn't stop except for brief moments every other month or so.
>>
>>662487576
I'll give that a try, could be fun. The worst they can say is no and idgaf about getting rejected at all. Going to sleep though, hope all you anons who are depressed sleep well and you feel better tommorow.
>>
>>662478348
Depression is like when you really want to get home, but you are already at home
>>
>>662487351
Just as I thought, COMT isn't involved in metabolizing L-DOPA into dopamine, it's done by a an enzym called Aromatic L-amino acid Decarboxylase. If you wanted to keep L-DOPA from metabolizing, that's the enzyme you need to target. COMT is responsible for degrading dopamine into inactive metabolites. Inhibiting the activity of COMT will only prevent the body from getting rid of dopamine.
>>
>>662481852
I've had deepening depression since I was like 14 but I've never had the faggot strain before.

P.S. please don't kill yourself.
>>
>>662487717
interesting. however, without knowing what parts of the brain are responsible for certain thoughts, its still hard to understand exactly what im looking at when i see an orange brain and a not orange brain. im not saying i dont believe that the lack of orange brain isnt depressed, i just think its shitty that people see these types of pictures (on facebook and such) and think they KNOW the truth about depression.
>>
>>662482075
So you've either never been depressed or never had ammo.
>>
>>662480143
Depression is real, faggot. Kill yourself.
>>
>>662478348
It feels like you are dead, but are still breathing
>>
>>662479405
Yeah, pretty much summed it up there. Everything feels like an uphill battle, even things that you're passionate about.
>>
>>662488446
>kill yourself

but hes not depressed.
>>
>>662488446
Of course it's real, it's just that there isn't a difference between being depressed and having depression.
>>
>>662478348

Depression for me is comparable to getting gang-raped by curse frogs in Dark Souls - it just makes you feel hopeless.
>>
>>662488173
Okay so this image is an fMRI and tracks changes in blood flow directly across different parts of the brain.
>>662485954
This picture is a PET scan which detects where radioactive labeled glucose is concentrated in different parts of the brain. This is a still image that is produced from an exposure over time similar to an x-ray, while the fMRI is in real time and very fast.
>>662483068
Both of these indirectly measure the activity of neurons in parts of the brain and it is assumed that blood flow and glucose is directed towards parts of the brain that are most active.
>>
>>662483234
Damn. Ever since being depressed, my brain's completely gray.
>>
>>662478671
That's like your opinion man. Depending on the artist they may be able to represent or encapsulate the state of depression. Check the photography books of jumpers for some beautiful sight. Ian Curtis did it as well for me at least.
>>
>>662486636
Well said, anon. Probably the best ITT.
>>
Watch this OP it will answer all your questions, also I encourage anyone who is suffering from depression to watch this video as well, it really did help me a lot more than I thought it would.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCrniLQGYc
>>
>>662478348
you start things with a positive mindset...
this lasts a while until it the end seems near (school etc. ) then you fuck up in the most unbelievable way ever .. you dont even know whats holding you back from finishing something .. you dont know where to get motivation to go on
>>
>>662488173
Yes these scans are often over simplified and at this point cant reliably diagnose depression. However we do know a lot about the brain and what networks are often disrupted or overactive in someone with depression.
>>
>>662487576
Are you me?
>>
>>662482266
Underated
>>
File: 1450146917379.gif (950KB, 270x165px) Image search: [Google]
1450146917379.gif
950KB, 270x165px
>>662480143
absolutely btfo

Depressed? Good, you're an unmotivated, emasculated queerfag with no control over and meaning in your life. You deserve every pang of "pain" and "sadness" that you brought upon yourself.
>>
>>662489379

Not the last time I checked.

Just imagine, though... with how good we are at getting girls to want to bang us, if we actually put in the effort of those 50 fist-pushups a day, we could actually be fucking these women instead of being glad that they would fuck us in an ideal world.
The lack of willpower to do just that is one of the reasons I'm still not completely happy.
>>
File: giphy (1).gif (809KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
giphy (1).gif
809KB, 500x264px
>>662478348
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4gcgI0prkY
>>
File: hyperintensities.jpg (165KB, 1200x1139px) Image search: [Google]
hyperintensities.jpg
165KB, 1200x1139px
>>662486320
>>662486702

Was being facetious about the orange, but yes, it is coupled with cerebral blood flow. Tiny bit of pseudoscience, but it's kinda what we got, so...

On the other hand, what is more robust and potentially more interesting are so-called "white matter hyperintensities", which are particularly bright spots on normal MRIs. This means the brain tissue is less dense, which implies its structure has been compromised by lack of blood flow or demyelination and the like.

Those are more common in bipolar disorder. Also in bipolar are the enlarged lateral ventricles and amygdala problems, but with additional shit in the basal ganglia as well. fMRI not quite as fucked up though. Bipolar is seriously a bitch and also requires anti-psychotics ):

pic related: typical white matter hyperintensities. Note the lesions on the lateral ventricles. Fucking brain holes goddamn it.

>>662488173
But I am schizoaffective I have more impressive pictures white things also please notice me sempai
>>
>>662488750
underrated
>>
>>662481159
Because it's the pinnacle of human evolution.

Humans are creatures that are meant to work towards long term/short term goals their entire lives.

Modern lifestyles make people lazy and unmotivated, which results in depression.

Depression is a symptom of a shitty, lazy, and unfulfilling lifestyle, not the other way around.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_012301.jpg (164KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_012301.jpg
164KB, 960x960px
This is the best picture science has so far provided to illustrate what depression feels like.
>>
>>662490068
Woah, very cool! I didn't know about hyper intensities. Is that related the connectome stuff that they are just beginning to map?
>>
>>662480453
>>
lot of special snowflakes in this thread
>>
>>662490653
Found an edge lord too.
>>
>>662490190
fuck you and die in a fire
>>
>>662490226
We are close to cracking the code with these miracles advances in brain imaging.
>>
>>662490722
it's ok, i take comfort in being an edgelord knowing that atleast i'm not a little cry baby
>>
>>662490834
tumblr is down the hall to the right

go continue your woe is me bullshit there with your hentai or fix your life, spineless weeb.
>>
File: LaTfody.gif (982KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
LaTfody.gif
982KB, 500x333px
>>662490190
Its cute that you think you know what you're talking about.
>>
File: 1450339165491.jpg (13KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1450339165491.jpg
13KB, 500x259px
>>662489227
>>
File: 1449294065621.jpg (39KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1449294065621.jpg
39KB, 500x375px
>>662491116
>anime reaction image

this shit just writes itself
>>
File: Moonman_468c9a_5634526.png (8KB, 732x732px) Image search: [Google]
Moonman_468c9a_5634526.png
8KB, 732x732px
>>662491365
What a fantastic argument to back up your retarded claim
>>
>>662478348
Depressing

Imagine if everything was bland. That's the most concise and accurate description I can think of.
>>
File: 1440268901333.png (29KB, 140x240px) Image search: [Google]
1440268901333.png
29KB, 140x240px
>>662491365
Also do you know where you are, stupid nigger?

But anyway, I'd just love to see your evidence behind your retardation.
>>
File: 1449654194106.jpg (51KB, 555x344px) Image search: [Google]
1449654194106.jpg
51KB, 555x344px
>>662491582
I already stated everything in the first post. You respond with the typical bait-tier "lol ur dumb tho"

I also predicted that you're a neckbeard weeb literally the post before yours.

Stay mad, emasculated cuck.
>>
File: 1434233890165.jpg (31KB, 502x432px) Image search: [Google]
1434233890165.jpg
31KB, 502x432px
>>662491819
> I already stated everything in the first post.

Oh, you mean that absolutely retarded claim with no factual basis?
>>
File: kos.webm (1MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
kos.webm
1MB, 640x360px
>>
>>662490653
>One of the most common mental illnesses
>Special snowflakes

Found the idiot.
>>
I pretty much felt it like being heavy all the time and you have this emptiness in your chess like a loss of breathe. And no matter how deep you breathe in its not satisfied
>>
>>662490437
Diffusion MRI is a little bit more academic than that. What's confusing about schizophrenia and bipolar (almost the same thing, serious) is that there is no pervasive underlying change in neuroanatomy besides some localised structural deficits. The problem comes with measuring related changes in specific intra-cellular neurochemistry, as the neurons themselves do not appear to function properly, and although differences in brain chemistry can be measured, it doesn't explain the origin of the different cellular functioning.

At the moment, a lot of the hypotheses are based on what works as treatment. For schizophrenia, there is the "dopamine hypothesis", because hallucinations and delusions are suppressed when D2 and D3 receptors are antagonised. This hypothesis is by no means universally accepted. Psychosis and delusions in bipolar are managed similarly.

For bipolar in particular, the effectiveness of anti-epileptics in treatment have suggested that intracellular glutamate and GABA signalling is involved, but this is also not certain.
>>
Anyone knows how to cope with depression and anxiety without medicine?
>>
File: 1446525405587.gif (622KB, 480x304px) Image search: [Google]
1446525405587.gif
622KB, 480x304px
>>662491988
Sure, if the astonishing power of simple observations from looking at any "depressed" knuckledragger and seeing that they have 0 meaning in life is too hard for you to understand, then it's a retarded claim.

Stay depressed though and keep tippin le fedora.
>>
>>662492653
Meditation can help and isn't pseudo science woo woo. Also the basics, enough sleep, and exercise.
>>
>>662479405
I didn't want to accept that I had depression, but the emptyness that constantly loomed and the sleepyness after classes and at home just built up. I no longer enjoy science and learning doesn't fulfill me. What the fuck is going on? How do I get anti depressents.
>>
>>662478348
I don't know. I've always done enough drugs to repress the depression with feelings of being high as fuck. Shits alright.
>>
>>662492431
have you read the replies in this thread? almost everyone in here is crying because they're worthless lazy sacks of shit with no goals and amibtions, and then they blame poor lifestyle choices on depression intead of trying to lead a healthier lifestyle.

please stay sad you fucking losers
>>
>>662492653
9/10 doctors recommend happiness, 1/10 recommend firearms.
>>
>>662479145
Humans are dumb
>>
>>662478671
This

>>662479027
Same bruv high5
>>
>>662492942
wait till someone you care about kills themselves, then I'll spend a good amount of time talking about how much of a sad loser they were
>>
File: irpwYeU.gif (1MB, 290x189px) Image search: [Google]
irpwYeU.gif
1MB, 290x189px
>>662492991
>>
File: 1436633315590.png (393KB, 428x510px) Image search: [Google]
1436633315590.png
393KB, 428x510px
>>662492701
>Sure, if the astonishing power of simple observations

Your observations != facts
Your observations != evidence

You have absolutely no evidence to back yourself up besides what you think. You have no evidence besides the absolutely autistic ideas you thought up on your own.

I refuse to believe that there exists anyone that's THIS retarded. 5/10
>>
>>662492834
I used to meditate and it would help but now I have a hard time mediating :/
>>
>>662478671
not true.
>>
>>662493210
it is true that no-one close to me has ever killed themselves, i would probably call them a loser to cope with it.

i have more sympathy for the close family and friends than the jumper
>>
>>662493060
Don't be so down on yourself.
>>
>>662492834
Routine, enough food, sufficient regular sleep cycle, try get some exercise etc.

When I asked my psychiatrist what happens if the drugs don't work, he said "You fall apart? Ha ha, just joking". Get your fucking routine sorted.
>>
>>662478671
Some days I need to convince myself that somehow I'm getting something out of life that others don't. It's doesn't really work but at least I'm trying
>>
File: 1449465248546.jpg (7KB, 250x218px) Image search: [Google]
1449465248546.jpg
7KB, 250x218px
>>662493435
>4 posts in a row of "i dont like what you said so you're wrong"

i was at least expecting SOME new banter

literally yfw
>>
>>662478671
Considering the best artists since time began suffer from some manner of psychological illness, you just seem like some sort of edgelord that doesn't understand what it is to actually experience a disorder of the mind.

GAD, manic depression, dissociative disorder here. I'll burn your house down and get away with it cuz I'm crazy.
>>
>>662478348
you want to sleep all day, you don't want to live bro, you fucking see only the negative side of everything, it sucks dude, it reallly sucks, i mean you are sad and you can't do anything to help it, so you are screwed dude, i mean, if you are 2 or more years depressed then you should become a drug addict or kill youself cause it is not worth living
>>
File: 1442385276681.webm (3MB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442385276681.webm
3MB, 720x480px
HAHAHA SUCK IT NERDS
I GOT OUT OF MY DEPRESSION

GUESS WHAT I DID ?

I'LL NEVER TELL YOU
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CHECKING THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>662493541
I've seen people do that as a coping mechanism, that's true. I've seen people do that with their own parents who have committed suicide, and it's horrifying. If you are uncomfortable with the idea of suicide, please try and find another way at some point because that is self-destructive.
>>
File: 1429203521513.png (358KB, 476x359px) Image search: [Google]
1429203521513.png
358KB, 476x359px
>>662479145
"Humans are so delicate."

>mfw faggot who wrote this is a "delicate human"
>>
>>662494049
Manic depression with GAD? As if you leave the house. Why you would burn anyone's house down is anyone's guess, unless there was some serious psychosis involved and a mixed episode. More likely to kill yourself in that state though.

Someone sounds newly diagnosed though, so I'll let it slide.
>>
>>662493060
if you didn't laugh at this you have depression
>>
File: 1442267078835.jpg (156KB, 800x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1442267078835.jpg
156KB, 800x1136px
>>662493835
>>4 posts in a row of "i dont like what you said so you're wrong"

Nah m8, that isn't it. Its not that I don't like what you said, to be honest I don't give a fuck what some anonymous faggot things on the internet.

My point is, you are making a claim without ANY evidence or facts to back yourself up.

You think you are right just because you believe so, not because its actually true or as if any studies released in the past 10 years support your claim.

You are either trolling or severely autistic.

I actually feel bad for you if you aren't just b8ing. I'm gonna leave now, 7/10 since you made me reply again.
>>
File: BrokenBulby.jpg (6KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
BrokenBulby.jpg
6KB, 250x250px
>>662494177
Yeah, but I bet you never had it in the first place.
>>
>>662492844
Psychologist, then psychiatrist usually. You will also need to learn some new habits and go to therapy. No magic bullets here kid
>>
>>662492942
Honestly this guy is right though. Most people who are "depressed" are just self loathing losers. Life is pretty dope shit.
>>
File: 1452376482779.jpg (58KB, 600x676px) Image search: [Google]
1452376482779.jpg
58KB, 600x676px
>>662478348
If that were true I would WANT to be depressed, why work ever, live life as an OBSERVER!
>>
File: 1447620629499.jpg (189KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1447620629499.jpg
189KB, 1462x1462px
>>662494554
>5 replies
>7/10

I'm gonna give him a 9/10 on that one, anon
>>
File: 1449882027176.webm (874KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
1449882027176.webm
874KB, 960x540px
>>662494593
>I bet
Its the only thing you can do Son
>>
>>662483234
your comment just made my depressions a little easier for the day. ty
>>
>>662485903
This sounds exactly like me

I always thought im just a bit of a lazy fuck. What do?

I get my shit done but it seems like it takes way more effort for me than others
>>
>>662478348
It's a total emotional detachment from whatever experience you're in at the moment.
>>
>>662494177
30 days of transcranial magnetic stimulation pretty much cured me, along with some lifestyle changes.

Was that your secret?
>>
>>662490653

fuck off lamewad
>>
>>662488953

hahahahaha when you develop the talent to hurt them back you'll feel much better. when they don't see it coming you'll laugh harder. :)
>>
>>662481099
Shut the fuck up idiot, if eating healthy and exercising is all you need to feel better, then you're not actually depressed.
>>
>>662492653
minimum of 30 minutes of constant high intensity cardio, daily.

Believe it or not it'll actually fucking work, but you gotta stick to it.
>>
File: 1443756264397.webm (514KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1443756264397.webm
514KB, 1280x720px
>>662495199
>30 days of transcranial magnetic stimulation
Holy shit, they did that to an ex fuck buddy
Painfull as fuck as I recall. one of the reasons she quit.
>>
>>662495632
What? It's not painful, just an annoying tapping. Nothing that taking an advil beforehand can't fix if you really have a weak pain threshold. 5 days a week, for 6 weeks, 37 minutes a session.

Probably she was just a whiny bitch.

Whatever though, it worked on me. Worked fucking great, actually.
>>
>>662487912

The more shit you more you gain the ability to deal with shit. Then you can beat the shit. Then you can beat the shit throwers.

Some assclowns tried to tell me about me once and no matter what evidence I showed they kept telling me about "me" who was really just a figment of their imagination.
>>
>>662495882
>It's not painful, just an annoying tapping
I wouldn't know, she only mentioned it the last time we were togheter and yes she was whiny and had a shitty pain threashold
>>
>>662495199
Did your insurance pay for it?
>>
>>662480337
This.
>waiting for a conclusion.
This especially.
>>
ill post my own version of the bastard thing.

ive had it about 18 years and it started out me just being as doctors called a troubled teen. but shit happened along the way and for about 2 years straight all i did was sleep and lock myself away. some days can be good days but eventually it feels like a weight drops from my head to my toes, like a literal feeling of weight dropping inside me, and when that happens the world can go fuck itself. also suffered with anxiety and paranoia so hey the sense of impending doom at every corner seriously fucked me. even now i find it hard to socialize and i prefer just being on my own.

shit is real when it comes to depression and every single experience of it is different, but it is not something to take lightly.
>>
>>662496568
You dog you.
>>
>>662478348
Go on a 2 day MDMA binge and you'll find out the following days after
>>
>>662495887
Someone failed english.
>>
File: 1449744147768.jpg (2MB, 1680x1120px) Image search: [Google]
1449744147768.jpg
2MB, 1680x1120px
>>662485611
their cool i guess cause their 'different' but I don't get why some people say there better than anything else?

All i see in them is high maintenance like a bonsai tree and they use a ton of fuel?
>>
>>662495412
This is completely untrue.
The causes of depression are unnumerable and the degree is immeasurable but lack of a healthy diet and exercise are scientifically proven causes of depression.
Just because your depression isn't as easily remedied by the maintainence of physical well-being doesn't mean you can dismiss other peoples extent of depressive symptoms.
Who are you to be such an expert?
I know someone who has been suicidal until they went to a gym and turned their life around.
I can also see the reverse occurring in which someone who is in peak physical condition would kill themselves. Although that's mere speculation.
>>
I've been taking 2grams(give or take a gram) of l-tyrosene per day.
Not consistently everyday though.
I gotta say, the days i do take it i feel much better and have even managed to smile and laugh genuinely.
It's an amino acid and a precursor to dopamine.
It's definetly not a fix but it has helped on the worse days.
>>
>>662495199
ECT, old school is best school. Light me the fuck up baby.

TMS/ECT isn't usually a long-term treatment though.
>>
File: MediaHandler.ashx.jpg (21KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
MediaHandler.ashx.jpg
21KB, 600x337px
>>662478671
>>
>>662494177
Sauce
>>
>>662489744
>>662490190
>>662492942

Basically these guys are right
>>
depression isn't real, you're all just a bunch of whiny bitches
>>
File: 1434278280332.jpg (30KB, 297x442px) Image search: [Google]
1434278280332.jpg
30KB, 297x442px
It's shitty
>>
File: 1430297073058.png (117KB, 738x307px) Image search: [Google]
1430297073058.png
117KB, 738x307px
>>
I will never understand depression. Why the fuck are kids that have grown up with money depressed about nothing except for attention? Everyone that is self diagnosed with depression are kid's that grown up in a upper middle to rich family. You can have literally anything you want and your life has a great jump start. "It's not about money" but how hard is it to make friends? There's gotta be another loser out there that you can relate to. I've grown up in the slums of South Boston. Roaches and rats infested in my apartment that the landlord doesn't take care of because it's become unrepeatable. My parents were never close growing up and I was bullied in school. I've made the best out of my life and I'm always happy. I must have grown up with thick skin or something because I don't understand how words and make you people cut yourself and feel "depressed"
>>
>>662502330
it's cause you're not a virgin
>>
>>662502494
You're depressed about not having sex? Are you serious? Sex isn't even the best thing in the world. I wouldn't dwell on it.
>>
>>662502330
The fact that you've been handed everything drains any motivation you have out of you. Cause you know if you fail your parents will be there to catch you. Like You realize that people have it a shit ton worse and that you can get a head start. But it's fucked you never have that hungry kind of motivation that other kids get
>>
Like being in a box filled with hardening concrete, all the struggle just hardens the realization that things would be better when you just end it.
>>
Kek I'm reading Elliot Roger's manifesto right now.
He basically had a pretty good life for the most part, but was overly focused on sex and so butt hurt about being a virgin that that is what led him to commit that murder suicide.
What a fucking beta fag, but the scary thing is that I see a lot of myself in him.
>>
File: 1355576768233_jpg.jpg (291KB, 1278x719px) Image search: [Google]
1355576768233_jpg.jpg
291KB, 1278x719px
Depression is a state of mind. Some people say it's an imbalance of chemicals in the brain, which might also be correct.

For me, depression removes my ability to concentrate. It makes me horribly lethargic and makes it extremely difficult for me to get out of bed. I can sleep 6 hours or 16 hours and be just as tired either way. I can't commit to anything either. It ruins opportunities for relationships and friendships. I struggle to find motivation to go outside and do anything. I get worn out very easily.

Imagine knowing you have this potential but you can't use it because you're always too tired, like you've just woken up. You contemplate everything, you're extremely self conscious and you can't stop your mind from running through a constant reel of scenarios that probably won't eventuate. Then, as an anon said earlier, you're just left waiting for something. Whether it's a conclusion, or for something to change, or /something/.

Depression fucking sucks and anyone who doesn't have it should really think themselves lucky.
>>
>>662503314
What the hell are you talking about? What was handed to me?
>>
Addicting.
>>
>>662478348

You can't ask "What is depression like?" and expect to get a "right on the money" answer. You have to have depression to truly understand it. Words can't explain feelings if they are true.
>>
itt weak willed people
>>
>>662478348
It's like a feeling of overwhelming dread coupled with the constant thought that nothing will ever get better and that you're just stuck in this horrific and meaningless existence. I mean it's way more complicated than that but that's the most simple way I could explain what it's like for me.
>>
>>662504373
itp: some asshole who has never suffered in his life and thinks it's all a matter of willpower
>>
>>662503634
Im describing how ids with money can be depressed im not talking about you
>>
>>662504766
I completely agree with him. Self diagnosed kids with depression is the most pussy shit I've ever heard.
>>
>>662504997
that's fine, but don't assume everyone is self diagnosed.
>>
>>662504989
Ohhhh got cha. I completely agree with you then. "Depression" is a first world problem in my opinion. There's fucking kids starving all over the world and people choose to cry over how "bulling hurts my feelings". It makes me mad tbh.
>>
>>662480337
The end result of this kind of thought process is depression.

Try to appreciate the amazing beauty of life. The incredible random chance that led to you lying there on that bed.

Don't smoke weed. Dont listen to sad music. Watch Carl Sagen doccos.

Goodluck anon.
>>
File: IMG_20160110_033909.jpg (122KB, 646x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160110_033909.jpg
122KB, 646x960px
>>662503314
Alright now that's just a betch excuse.
>>
>>662505567
as someone who has watched those docos and who does those things, having an existential crisis doesn't exactly help
>>
>>662505500
Medically diagnosed and trying to treat yourself is respectable. It just pisses me off how all these emo kids see depression as a trend and say they have it when they actually live good lives and brag about how they have it.
>>
Random scenario:

The zombie apocalypse we've all been waiting for actually occurred and the safe haven of today's society has been wiped out. Would you depressiez feel better or worse? Because then you have a quite clear goal in life: Survival
>>
>>662505930
yeah, i can imagine. i don't really know anyone like that - might be that where i'm from those people are few and far between.
>>
I've lived with depression my whole life. Now into my early 30s I'm at the point where I seriously consider suicide as a long term solution.
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 703x513px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 703x513px
>>
>>662478671
This guy gets it.
>>
For me its like a bottomless hole of reasons why I hate living. Dwelling in self-loather because i cant do simple life tasks even if my life depended on it.. Besides that, its just random sadness without any reason behind it. Having it diagnosed made me more depressed about it. It fucking sucks.
>>
>>662478348
On Zoloft now. I have PTSD, Anxiety, Depression... Scratch that. I had those. Best decision I ever made in my life.
Thread posts: 298
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.