[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you were given a reset button for your life, would you press

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (49KB, 383x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49KB, 383x300px
If you were given a reset button for your life, would you press it? The conditions are as follows:

>You will remember everything that has happened in your life up to this point.
>You will retain all memories, all knowledge, all education and experience you have right now.
>Everything that has happened in your life up to this point will happen again exactly as it did before, unless you do something to change or stop it.
>You will restart your life at the moment of your birth. Your family, place and time of birth will not change.

If so, what would you change? What would you do differently?
>>
>>596818487
no i would nothing change, im a retarded scumbag who never reach any goals in life
>>
>>596818487
Definitely would press it.

The glorious feeling of not having a need to use EScript.
>>
>>596818487
Yes.
>>
>>596818487
At first I would say yes, because I can basically redo my life how I want and miss all my pitfalls, but then I figured: As soon as I do one or a few things different, I suddenly no longer know any of the upcoming events or pitfalls. All my knowledge of what "would" happen to me is useless. And I'm decently happy as is, so I wouldn't press it. I suppose it'd be pretty good for sports betting and things like that but I wouldn't press it.
>>
nope. shit always goes wrong. no matter how perfect you think your life is gonna be you will have good days and bad days no matter what. you would just be trading current problems for new problems I'm happy with my life right now despite the shit that goes wrong.
>>
only if i could make it send me right back to high school, so i can get that shit right this time
>>
Absolutely, without hesitation
>>
Even if I have regrets, it would be boring to go through school/college years again.

Also this : >>596819349

I guess it's a no for me.
>>
Yes, and I would go back and use all my years of womanizing to manipulate and fuck as many highschool whores as possible. I would also bet everything I have on my avid knowledge of college and professional football. I would be a billionare by time I was 25. I would use my billions to cure all the stds I got from the said sluts, snort massive amounts of cocaine and hang out with Charlie Sheen.
>>
Become a man that was actually worthy of her.

Also, get her preggers
>>
I'd press it imagine how famous a baby able to do math and shit would be
>>
>>596819402
This.

Reliving childhood with all of my knowledge and memories right now sounds terrible.
>>
I wouldn't press it. Nothing in my life that has already happened probably wouldn't happen. If I could go back about a year ago, i'd do it. I'd do things differently with a girl. I fucked up big time and think about her every day. I'm in love with her but I can't see us back together again... fuck, I hate life.
>>
nah, here I'm only destined to be one way.
>>
I'd press it and become the best 1 year old programmer ever.
>>
I would definitely press it. Getting arrested sucks, it'd be nice to avoid that
>>
>>596818487
of course..
reborn as a superbaby...
>>
I'd do it just to be a fucking ingenious 5 year old, only to slowly plateau and become a typically intelligent teenager.

I would also come here and shitpost 2015 memes in 2003.
>>
File: 1358609439030.gif (2MB, 212x173px) Image search: [Google]
1358609439030.gif
2MB, 212x173px
Would press with a quickness. Other anons think changing one thing and thus changing their path renders their knowledge useless. I disagree: learning from past mistakes gives a basis for seeing similar problems and how to work around them. I would get so much tail....
>>
>>596819884
I would also go, friend and hang out with a young nigger that would one day become president. I would get him hooked on cocaine, thrown in jail and prevent him from ever pursuing a political career.
>>
I would do everything immediately,Start studying that way I reach a point of study far beyond my years by the time I was in my teens.
Also fix all my stupid mistakes and warn my family before every bad thing happens to them.
and take advantage of my brother and get my 13 year old ass fucked.
>>
File: myselfIme.jpg (10KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
myselfIme.jpg
10KB, 223x226px
>>596818729
u kno me?
>>
I wouldn't fuck up with her a second time.
>>
if i could go back to 17 i would. or maybe even high school but not back to birth fuck that shit
>>
i would push it immediately because it would give me a massive advantage in terms of knowledge relative to age.

it would suck for a lot of years, and i'd have to go through the uncomfortable process of puberty again, but i think knowing what i know now it would be much easier despite the raging hormones.

if this is as you've explained, then i would have knowledge of 'future' events. i would be a very rich and very powerful 15 year old. score.
>>
>>596818487
Definitely.
>not be beta and actually kiss the girls that wanted it
>fight back against bullies
>fuck my first gf (she wanted it, i was beta, she ended the relationship)
>don't date my second gf (fuckign nutcase that nearly ruined my life)
>fuck off with game design and start my network admin major first
>seriously fuck game design
>>
>>596822312
yeah this, maybe like go back to 14 or some shit, dont want to be a babby again
>>
File: 1418885784673.png (269KB, 645x739px) Image search: [Google]
1418885784673.png
269KB, 645x739px
>>596822077
>>
>>596818487

1.RESET
2. USE FUTURE KNOWLEDGE OF SPORTS EVENTS TO COME
3. GO FULL BACK TO THE FUTURE 2
4.?????
5.PROFIT, LITERALLY.
>>
As a human being. You're supposed to fuck up. You're supposed to learn from you mistakes and further improve as a person. That's why I would press it. + smartest baby alive. topkek. I will do the minimal required schooling I can have and school myself at a very early age in things that I actually care about. Not this shitty HTML coding I'm doing right now. Fucking hell. Also.. Missed chances cuz I was a fucking beta..
>>
>>596818487
Of course. Anyone with a brain would. It's like playing Dark Souls half-way through, making a bunch of fucking mistakes, then starting over. This time you know the rules. Things obviously still won't be perfect, but you have a massive headstart. There's no way anything could get worse.
>>
>>596818487
i would press that shit so fast
>>
>>596823703

TOO SOON
>>
I would, just to extend my conciousness. Being able to predict the future and sell secrets and visions to the government then become a physical reincarnation of a God to the whole world is just a side-benefit.
>>
>>596818487
in a fucking heartbeat.
>>
>>596818487
I would, simply because now that I already have lived parts of my life, I can appreciate it more.
I've had shit in my life, but also good memories I was unable to enjoy at that time.
I'd live life to the fullest simply because I'd be happy.
>>
>>596818487

At first I feel like I would obviously use it.

BUT the caveat that I would retain all of my memories means that I would constantly be guessing whether or not a change was worth it. Tiny changes would have massive impacts. For example:

> Be me, in 7th grade, placed in Algebra I because smartfag
> Puberty, same time. Don't give a fuck about school. Moody as fuck, never do homework.
> Fail Algebra I because hard for a 7th grader who never studies or does homework.
> Have to retake in 8th grade, end up in semi-normal math class schedule.
> Make friends with normies, affects my class schedule.
> Meet current wife in a class in 11th grade.

If I was able to re do it, I wouldn't fail algebra, but if I hadn't failed algebra, my class schedule and friend group would likely have been completely different. Never would have met wife in class and gotten to talk.

On the same vein, my wife and I went to the same middle school, but we never knew each other. I would be going in with the knowledge that we get married, but she wouldn't even know me. I would creep her the fuck out.

I wouldn't do it. Life might end up better, but I would be forever haunted with the knowledge of my original past. I would rather my life be like it is now, than risk changing anything for the worse.
>>
Yeah i would.

I would go to a different college. I would choose a different major too. Also, i would relax about my grades more and try to have more fun. I would also take more risks with women. I would spend more time with my family.

damn i wish i could do this.
>>
Hell yeah I would.
I'd slut around in my teens instead of waiting for the "right" person. I'd do more things earlier. I'd work harder. I'd tell my dad not to ride his motorbike to work that day.

I'd have to memorize a few lottery numbers before doing it though.
>>
Yes, yes I would.

I would press it so hard it would break
>>
>>596818487
I would become a real life stewie griffin.
>>
File: 67868839.png (615KB, 2894x2300px) Image search: [Google]
67868839.png
615KB, 2894x2300px
>>596818487
Yes

>live life normally until 1999
>talk to my older sister more
>we connect, have great times as a family
>fast forward feb 6th 2015
>don't have to think about the day she killed herself anymore
>>
>>596818487
Fuck yes I would.

>Be less of a retard growing up
>Follow the same path through life but do everything much better along the way
>Be a boss at everything until current stage in life because of pre-existing knowledge
>Avoid mistakes I've made on the way
>Not waste four years being too much of a pussy to ask a girl out
>Say goodbye to my grandpa the last time I saw him before he passed away unexpectedly
>Check the most recent lottery numbers before I go so once I catch up to where I am, I can get rich quick
>>
>>596818487
Definitely
>>
>>596818487
absolutely yes.
>>
>>596824734
You can deliberately fail.
I'd have to do the same to meet the friends I made.

(though of course, if we can get in some infinite life loop, I'd like to try out different paths life might take)
>>
>>596819185
This.
>>
>>596818487
>make life easier on a terminally ill mother
>not take until 27 to stop wasting my time with dead end jobs
>not sign up for computer/electronics engineering(turns out i HATE it)
>better plan for future
>met wife on a social networking site formerly known as that yearbook of mine, so i would still meet her, woo her the same
>>
Given the conditions - everyone who says no is a fucking retard. That is all.

+ OP is a fag
>>
Fuck yeah. I could make a literal shit-ton off of bets alone, not to mention investments.
>>
>>596825813
The feels. Damn your eyes.
>>
>>596821819
I think George W. already did cocaine.
>>
yes and I would invest in stocks and look up past lottery numbers before pressing it. also id be he coolest kid in high school
>>
Yes I would... But I would do a lot of studying and memorization of stock market and sports games. I would also do something to save certain people from 9/11..

Any changes I would make would be done in things that don't necessary affect my life like betting on super bowls. Or stock markets...

Some of the definte thins I would do is trademarks certain names like Google, and iphone... I would tell other people to do certain things so that we all got rich together... Going through all those years of school would suck to do again but it wouldn't matter not would I need to do since I already know all the information and I have extra information to make me super rich.. So school would be pointless...

I would own the name reCaptcha
>>
>>596824734
This. You lose people you care about. Also, they cease to exist in a way.
>>
>>596827518
I agree. I would be tagged genius since kindergarden because all my knowledge. I could easily rip off any profitable idea like facebook or any other shit and become billionaire. Dude the possibilities are limitless....
>>
File: 1421779576327.gif (1MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1421779576327.gif
1MB, 200x200px
Sure. I'd change quite a few things in life.

>use programming knowledge to land a career
>take that record deal I passed up that broke my band apart
>maybe go full dick if I go the singing career route and take existing top hit songs of today and take credit for them
>spend more time with grandparents
>enjoy the little things more
>have the knowledge to know I was being hit on back then and take that step
>keep my body athletically built since it went to shit around high school and don't cut my hair since I used to have really long hair but cut it in grade school to achieve trap status
>learn how to better manage my money
>know what things are going to be worth it in the future and buy them but try to avoid tasteless spending
>know what games are good and not worth the trouble
>make investments with high profit companies of today
>have parents avoid buying shitty, broken trailer that they moved into originally
>take better care of my vehicle so it doesn't go to shit again
>not buy a shitload of blank tapes for anime I'm going to replace once I buy a computer and get internet
>get a USB flash drive sooner so I don't have to deal with blank CD's and can instead save that money for other things.
>try and get my uncle to not marry his third ex because of all the shit that happened because of her
>change my pokemon heartgold team to not have a single weakness and get completely stomped by my ex girlfriends starter again

I think that about covers it.
>>
>>596828570
But something you do could cause far-reaching results, like nuclear war.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.