[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the most effective/practical style of fighting, /b/?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 142
Thread images: 27

File: pow.jpg (35KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
pow.jpg
35KB, 630x420px
What is the most effective/practical style of fighting, /b/? I want to learn, but am not sure which route to go down.
>>
>>584192819
Krav Maga
>>
>>584192943

/thread
>>
>>584192943
+1
>>
Every single one is good if you have enough skill lvl. Go for Krav Maga and Muay Thai these two at very basic lvl will help you control fight which is main part of street fights.
I did Shotokan and Kyokushin when i was kid. And practiced Muay Thai for couple of month.
>>
>>584192819
Carpentry.

Learn to swing a hammer properly.
>>
>>584192943
>not a jew
what else?
>>
>>584192819
Just do mma already and shut up
>>
Jew Fu master race
>>
>>584193175
>MCMAP
>>
>>584192819
any isreali fighting is good for close combat, so is judo and brazillian jiu jitsu
for striking and stand up fighting go for capoeira or tae kwon do (ITF style only)
>>
>>584192943
Krav is not fighting, I don't understand why you fuckers insist on spamming this shit when you probably havent even taken it yourself. You learn to disarm people with weapons, and learn to throw people around a bit but really this shit only works on idiots as clueless as you. If you want to learn something you can actually use then look into boxing/kickboxing/muay thai
>>
GunKata

/thread
>>
Whatever you chose just remember there are no rules. Rules are for fags who lose. Kick people in the nuts, stab them in the eyes with keys and pens. Always punch people in the throat, because that shit works. That kind of masculine he-man bullshit pride is for children and losers.
>>
>>584193496
This, krav maga is exactly practical. It's best to learn many different techniques, but if i had had to choose a single fighting style it'd be shaolin kung fu.
>>
the art of shooting
>>
>>584194029
you mean dancing? because you literally just wrote dancing in Chinese.
>>
honestly, I've seen videos of guys who are obviously boxers absolutely wrecking people in street fights.

You don't need some super-awesome-uber-ninja-spartan-commando-death-martial art of doom.

Boxing, kickboxing, muay thai, aikido, and do some research into what martial arts have good backgrounds, and do your research on what schools are best.

Avoid the typical mcdojo crap. Avoid anything that uses the word "tiger" or "dragon" or "ninja". Avoid anything that sounds autistic, basically.

Really, boxing is probably a good start. Will teach you how to give and take a punch. After that, you can throw in some kickboxing/muay thai/whatever for the kicks and elbows and shit. Then maybe get into a grappling art like jiujitsu or aikido or judo.

Me personally, I study historical fencing. Probably not as useful as any of those for actual self defence purposes. On the other hand, I am pretty confident that I could defend myself reasonably well against someone attacking me with a knife, baseball bat, etc. especially if I have something for myself. A bat. A knife. Even a stick.
>>
>>584194029
oh yeah and avoid anything labelled "shaolin" or that seems to be mystical or magical.

Avoid the Bullshido.
>>
File: 2000x1333.jpg (649KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
2000x1333.jpg
649KB, 2000x1333px
There is only one right answer:

Boxing and a bit of common sense.

The training is practical, time tested, nothing grandiose but highly effective. You'll also get in fantastic physical condition. Having some solid techniques and a good head on your shoulders is all you need to realistically survive a fight unless you live in fucking Chechnya.

Krav is 4.5/10 for wannabe commandos.
>>
>>584192819

Start with wrestling and boxin.

Once you get your striking and grappling down, then you can figure out which crazy martial arts you want to do.

I'd recommend muay thai
>>
>>584194029
>shaolin kung fu.
>>
>>584193175

>implying you need to be a Jew to learn the worlds most effective fighting style
>>
>>584194448
This is true. Any fat ass can open up a karate place and call themselves a master. It's not like that shits really regulated.

Just go with boxing, and remember never be afraid to kick a man in the nuts. Or punch him in the throat. Especially if he's bigger than you, because fuck losing.
>>
>>584194697
>>584194448

these nigs also know whats up
>>
>>584194812
>lel
>>
File: sanic.jpg (7KB, 216x194px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
7KB, 216x194px
> most effective/practical style of fighting
is running (fast)
>>
>>584195161
funny thing is he's right

also:

quality of instruction > style/school
>>
>>584193176
>being this fucking retarded in 2014
>>
>>584195161
this is actually a decent plan.

except you're gambling that you're faster.

And you're screwed if you ever need to protect somebody. For example, you're walking at night with your gf (I know, /b/, gf, lol), and are approached by a gaggle of aggressive niggers. Running away fast will end with your girl beaten, raped, and robbed. Not really admirable on your part.

oh and the part I forgot in my first post:

if you're in the US, carry a gun. Don't be a retard about it. Be smart about it.

And carry a knife.
>>
File: 1284498270970.png (29KB, 598x405px) Image search: [Google]
1284498270970.png
29KB, 598x405px
wing chun, mixed with judo, and some type of hard style. shits pretty cash
>>
>>584192819
>me hungry
>me smash
>me horny
>me smash
>me hungry
>me smash
>chest thump
>me horny
>me smash
>>
>>584195706
>carry and gun/knife

wrong. carry pepper spray (even if dude).
spray and run.
safely avoid conflict.
no legal ramifications.

I worry about cops more than muggings.
>>
>>584195835
> hard style
u wot m8
>>
File: checkem.jpg (82KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
82KB, 600x599px
Check em
>>
you should check out goju-ryu. if you want to see some cool videos on it search up Chogen Yamaguchi the cat or Grand Master Mas Oyama the Bull killer.
>>
>>584196205
not xXxhardstylexXx u dits
>>
>>584192819
Krav maga
>>
Punch the opponent in the face, it usually works
>>
File: Mac.jpg (52KB, 701x720px) Image search: [Google]
Mac.jpg
52KB, 701x720px
>>584196378
>>584195835
>>584194029
>>584193158
>>
>>584192819
looks like War Machine caught this guy cheating on him as well
>>
wrestling.
>>
>>584196745
2/10

nice try
>>
File: dojo_bg.gif (53KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
dojo_bg.gif
53KB, 320x240px
>>584192819
You don't want to learn to fight, you want to learn to kick ass. Thats why I recommend Steve Youngblood's Junior Kung Fu Academy.
Understand this: kicking ass is so much more than just annihilating another human being. It's a way of life, a rejection of mediocrity, a wild eyed passionate embracing of human fear.
>>
>>584192819
regular kick boxing
is good and good for beginners
>>
>>584192943
>>584193047

krav maga is a survival training course, not a martial art.

Tired of faggots banddying it about because HURR ISREAL SPECIAL FORCES DO IT

yes they do, they train in a very high level form of it. The stuff people learn in classes, is absolutely nothing like that. It's a civilian variant focused on keeping you alive in situations you practise for.
>>
Krav Maga, but it's hard to find a place that has continuous training rather than a shitty "you'll be a ninjas after this 6 week program" thing. Other than that just plain old boxing or kickboxing will do. MMA if you're willing to go hard. Dont listen to faggots who say BJJ or Muay Thai.
>>
escrima

do not be fooled by anything else. you can improvise with almost anything you can reach. it is designed for crippling your opponent to the point where there is no retaliation to be capable of. all the weapons it teaches are all concealable. btw special forces choose this as their preferred hand to hand style. it is multiple opponent preparedness , it is also litigation friendly. you can choose for the attacker to attack then respond mitigating the chance for legal proceedings. they made the first move right.

btw in its hometown is where it honed its skill. many filipinos earned their skill and techniques by killing other deadly filipinos and honing their experiences. when masters fought each other for reputation or retaliation the fights never EVER last longer than a few seconds. the fight is decided in as less moves as possible.

something you didn't know - the reason why marines were called leathernecks was because a commander stationed in the phillipines lost so many soldiers to having their necks slit in the night that he ordered all his troops to wear leather straps when they sleep to give them a chance to cry out before they died.

you will find this new shit were they wear armour and whack each other with sticks. that is the same escrima. but forget that shit. learn the knife. keep one on you….keep 2 on you for when the first one breaks in some niggers ribs. do not walk around telling people what you are. just relax and be silent when some thug realizes his low blood pressure is because you cut an artery a second ago and know he has to fight Death.

real talk
>>
>>584193984

shut up fatty
>>
>>584197675
>escrima
>real

kek!
>>
File: 1413346975278.gif (1018KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
1413346975278.gif
1018KB, 300x167px
>>584197379
>do MMA
>don't do BJJ or Muay Thai
>yfw you realize that BJJ and Muay Thai are staples of MMA
>>
>>584197379
Muay thai does theacu how to kick, unlike those faggot kaekwondo kids.
>>
Capoeira fucking obviously everyone else in this thread has know idea what theyre talking about
>>
>>584192819
It's not the art itself that is effective, it's the practitioner that's making it effective. Find something that suits you. All martial arts were made to help you survive. Fighting sports help a lot though generally too!
>>
>>584197934
>MMA
>Mixed martial arts
mma is not a fucking style.
>>
I'd say being confidently, passionately invested in doing anything is what makes anything become successful. I learned to fight by all the guys who tried to beat on me in my life, without anybody there to teach me how to defend myself. It made it easy to fight well; when it meant my pride and honor, or the rights or beliefs of people I cared about; fighting with passion was the key to every successful and or admirable fight.

You can learn every form of martial arts to the point of mastery, but if you possess only skill, or only anger and fury, and without passion, you will fail, as with all else.
>>
>>584198208
I know that you bumbling retard. MMA is a mix of various styles, often including Muay Thai and BJJ. I'd also argue that modern day MMA is indeed a style that has been formed out of several other arts mixed together to fit into a combined system to be used with a certain ruleset.

unless you think the other guy meant MMA just in general as mixed martial arts, literally meaning a mix of any martial arts. Which would make you a retard.
>>
>>584197934
I'm fully aware of this. My point is that it needs to be the best for street fighting and therefore needs to be more rounded. MMA uses many different martial art practises. Doing BJJ or Muay Thai on its own would be inferior to doing MMA when it comes to OP's request.
>>
File: gun.gif (2MB, 158x192px) Image search: [Google]
gun.gif
2MB, 158x192px
Pic related. It's the best form of self defense
/usa
>>
>>584197675
you know about a million ways to say "Please kick my ass Mr. Youngblood"
>>
File: STICKSOFDEATH.jpg (80KB, 600x466px) Image search: [Google]
STICKSOFDEATH.jpg
80KB, 600x466px
>>584197868
as real as a heart attack
>>
>>584198759

He's correct. Contemporary MMA is a mix of BJJ/Wrestling & Boxing/Kickboxing/Muay Thai.

Everyone who understands MMA knows this. Obviously this isn't stopping someone proficient in Karate, TKD, Sambo, Sanda, from having a massive impact.

But it's beyond retarded to say MMA is anything, that is wilful ignorance of what contemporary MMA is now.
>>
>>584199085
not sure who you are trying to reference but you sound faggoty
>>
>>584198783

If OP plans on cage fighting then sure, he should do MMA.

If he just wants to learn something good and have some sparring experience, Muay Thai and kickboxing is great. BJJ, or JJJ, is great regardless.
>>
>>584194812
I practiced wing-chun here for about 8 years. Stopped recently cause school has been struggling but that shit was fun and serious at the same time. Not 100% sure if I learned how to fight, we would make a circle at the end of every class and fight in it for like 3 minute rounds, was sort of fun driven so Im not 100% sure it would translate to street fights.

I don't really mind street fights though, live in Canada. But if you want to have a blast learning martial arts, just find any serious martial art school.
>>
File: bjj.jpg (117KB, 1069x720px) Image search: [Google]
bjj.jpg
117KB, 1069x720px
BJJ bro here
Excelent art if you want to bring a situation under control or subdue an attacker, but completely useless if you're outnumbered (learned this from experience)
>>
>>584199484
Not necessarily cage fighting, just want to be able to handle myself well.
>>
>>584198759
its a fucking acronym
>>584199231
mma is a practice not a style.
i practice MMA, but i learn styles. u can just throw a bunch of style together and expect it to work out great. some styles mix better with others
>>
>>584200029
generally when people say "MMA" today, they are referring to the STYLE of fighting in UFC, that is usually a mix of a handful of common arts like BJJ, wrestling, kickboxing, and muay thai. Stop being a pedantic nigger.
>>
>>584194448
This guy is smart. Listen to him OP.
>>
>>584192819
Practical? boxing. Effective? probably boxing too.

If you're really committed, then there is no harm in doing any other martial art.
>>
File: 1410349879800.webm (2MB, 480x360px)
1410349879800.webm
2MB, 480x360px
>>584192819

it's not about the style it's about how much time and effort you put into it.

99.99% of the people who learn martial arts haven't learned it well enough for it to make sense to use it, instead of just running away.

you can listen to these people and end up going with the boxing, thaiboxing, brazilian jiu-jitsu combo that focuses on things that will more likely work in a street fight, and become one of those people who spam their opinions on martial arts forums rather than actually getting good enough at any martial art
>>
>>584200430
so... its not a style.
i said that.
MMA is like the most American thing ever. just take a bunch of stuff u like, mash it all together, then claim it as our own.
>>
Practical how? Krav is best if you want to survive a war zone. Kick in the balls and run away. Block a knife. Some gun disarm stuff. In close strikes, and lots of "Do whatever the fuck it takes to survive" shit. For non war zone stuff you'll have more fun and get more out of Muay Thai and/or BJJ. Take Krav later if you get a taste for it. TKD if you can't find a good Muay Thai place. Avoid Karate, Kickboxing. Wing Chun and Jeet Kune Do... Meh, do it for fun, not for fighting. Capoeira is an interesting one - Not as to-the-point as Muay Thai, but some great strikes. 'True' Capoeira is also cheap/dirty as fuck, but If you're learning it from a Westerner that's generally not a part of the program.
>>
>>584200445
retard-fu is best fu
>>
>>584199950

Well, with 6 months of MMA you'll be proficient enough handle yourself reasonably well. I know a guy who did 15 years of Aikido and got mauled by a 6 month MMA guy.

I would tend to apply a Bruce Lee philosophy. Learn a good base and then expand on that. MMA can do that, but so can Boxing or anything else.

There is no x is better than y. It is supposed to be x + y = z which is badass.

>>584200029
no, you learned several styles and use the term MMA as a blanket. This is not contemporary MMA which is why I used the word contemporary.

I've explained this clearly enough for everyone else, how come you don't get it?
>>
>>584194697
since when is muay thai a crazy martial art? Do you even know what the fuck you're talking about?
>>
>>584199814
>Experience
greentxt time nigger
>>
>>584200697
>>584200697
there no bloody differnce tho. mma (contemporary) has not even been around long enough to be anything other then contemporary
>>
>>584200814
>always go to the local court with some friends to play football (soccer)
>we usually split and make teams or if there are other people in the court we ask if they wanna play against us
>this time theres a group of douchebags loitering in the court, not playing anything
>they are just standing around with their pitbulls drinking
>we ask them to stay outside the court because we want to play and thats what the fucking court is for
>they say no
>okay
>we start playing anyway
>i kick the ball and it hits one of the guy in the face, he drops his bottle of beer
>gets mad, starts yelling, saying he will fuck me up
>i say its not my fault since he decided to sit around on a fucking football court
>he comes at me
>I have some BJJ experience
>take him down and put him in an armlock even though he is twice as heavy
>all his friends laugh instead of helping him out
>they eventually leave, the guy says he remembers my face and im fucked if he ever meets me again
>me and my friends continue playing

cont...
>>
>>584192819
Muay Thai it'll teach you to use most of your body to fight. Easily the best stand up martial art out there
>>
>>584201204

It's been around for over 10 years.
>>
File: u.jpg (62KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
u.jpg
62KB, 800x600px
>>584201218
>a week later
>there are some exercise bars next to the court
>go there one night
>working out, doing pushups with my headphones on, listening to music
>all of a sudden someone kicks me in the stomach
>wtf its the big guy from the other day
>he has two friends with him
>they procceed to beat the shit out of me

guy in the pic is the one i fought
im on the right here
>>584199814
>>
>>584199696
Everybody wing-chung tonight
>>
>>584201574
thats my point....
>>
>>584201480
Or Sambo, preferably Combat Sambo.
>>
>>584201218
>>i kick the ball and it hits one of the guy in the face, he drops his bottle of beer
I really hope you did that on purpose.

And honestly it's always hard to fight a group of people, unless you can bottleneck them and fight em 1 by 1.
>>
>>584201813
you're being a retard.

>>584201732
Shit happens dude. If he had to get backup that means you're better than him. He knows it too, as do his friends.
>>
There are plenty: MMA, Muay Thai, BJJ, Akido, Judo
>>
>>584199696
kinda why i said u gotta mix wing chun with other styles. i see wing shun as the basics of control, and balance. once u know that, u can add on it rather easy.
> Not 100% sure if I learned how to fight
ahh, this is the biggest problem. u have to FIGHT. not sparing in rounds, like at the bar with a guy bigger then u. and losing is not always deadly, u'll get hurt yea, but u learn
>>
>>584192819
oxing is one of the most basic and helpful arts. Basic punching, stance and weight distribution, dodging, keeping up stamina, and just overall fighting capability. For the normal person in fist fights boxing alone with decent wit is enough.
Street Ju Jitsu helps with practical hold, disarms, and submissions. Pretty much covers the gambit of stuff and without any technical rules it's pretty much whatever to get your opponant into a state where they can't harm you.
Brazillian Ju Jitsu helps with mostly submissions and floor techniques.
Krav Maga is mostly disarms and how to react on the streets, more upright techs than SJJ.
Judo, Karate, Tai Chi, and Tae Kwon Do are more formal but definitely help in any situation with grabs, submissions and flexibility.
Muy Thai is also a great art because of the involvement with the legs. (I find this better than kickboxing because of the different style and techniques but to each his own.) It shows how to properly use almost every part of your body to become a weapon and is greatly useful.
I took 2 years of trained boxing and SJJ with a little bit of a background in Judo, BJJ, and Muy Thai. Honestly I love ringed Boxing the most but it does help on the street, but I'd rank Muy Thai alone or Boxing mixed with something else as my number one pick due to Boxing alone being effective upright but on the ground, without anything else, it obviously isn't the greatest.
Some are saying wrestling, and it does have good techniques when you need to stay close but I find its rules to be too strict for street fighting. Squatting and charging is the easiest way to get a foot (easily blockable) or make yourself an easy target to any gun or knife. You may be able to deck his stomack or waist but now without a stab wound or few to the back or sides.
>>
>>584202074
im not the one who doesn't understand the word
"contemporary"
>>
>>584202041
lol of course i did it on purpose, but it was fair game, we were on a ball court...

>>584202074
yea not gonna lie though, those fuckers knew how to fight, i got hurt pretty bad that night, close to getting knocked out.
>>
File: 549963650.gif (47KB, 300x400px) Image search: [Google]
549963650.gif
47KB, 300x400px
>>584192819
The An Hero
I hear its great when youre in a tight spot
>>
>>584202414

yea you are ya dumbfuck. You don't understand what it is or how it came about, even after you've been told.

you just don't want to admit you're fucking wrong.

>>584202531
Getting stomped by a group is kinda what happens, you don't really fight against that, just huddle up, try to protect your head and get out if you can.
>>
>>584202214
>u have to FIGHT
Honestly I don't see that happening. Unless someone really pushes it and puts me in a position where I have no choice to fight, then yah it'll come out. But random altercations over nothing I can't do, I've had people come up to me and look for trouble but I usually just laugh at it, doesn't get to me.

I'd love to put some gloves on and really put it to the test someday, more advanced peeps would do it at my school but we never got to.

What do you people advice I move on to from Wing Chun? I was thinking Capoeira just cause it looks fun.
>>
>>584192943
You mean nutkicking and nutgrabbing?
>>
>>584203015

he's retarded dude, just ignore him. Sparring is as good as you'll get without putting yourself into a situation you can't guarantee control of.

Suggesting you get in a fight with a big guy in a bar just to get some experience is dumbest thing I've read in one of these threads.
>>
File: jajaja.gif (926KB, 227x200px) Image search: [Google]
jajaja.gif
926KB, 227x200px
>>584192943
>Krav Maga
>>
>>584202983
true, weird thing they didnt stomp me though, they had two guys holding me up while the bugger guy threw punches at me.

you train anything?
>>
Proficiency with a large caliber handgun.
>>
>>584203015

If you want some sparring go boxing, JKD, MMA.

Avoid traditional martial who at best use point sparring.

>>584203509
6 months of shotokan - wasn't for me
2 years JKD - loved it, but wanted more contact and it was the traditional form so I wanted more.
4 years to present MMA
>>
Honestly some of the best basic stuff you can pick up from combatives, just google it, its the US armed forces book on hand to hand combat, get a buddy and practice, its a great start.
>>
>>584203015
Whin chun is great, its best for defense and using the other persons weight against them. it works well with judo.
>>584203204
i agree with all that btw. im just saying, u will always hold back untill u had someone knock u blind.
>>584202983
u got a bit of a god complex brah. u dont make any arguments, or rebuttals. its frustrating
>>
>>584203881
good stuff man, been wanting to get into MMA but dont have the time to train that + BJJ, which is really a passion of mine.

You ever been outnumbered? I get the feeling striking arts are much better for that situation.
>>
vale tudo
>>
Vale Tudo duh
>>
>>584205195
hacks
>>
>>584204139

>outnumbered, yea but I was so drunk I didn't feel much until I woke up with blue/purple ears.

A lot about street fighting is down to context (the situation) and appearance of control. If you're being held down and can't do shit, you're pretty fucked, so avoided it getting to that is obviously ideal.

Last time I scuffled was when I saw 3 dudes beating on 1 guy.
>walking home drunk again (I havent drank in 3 years)
>see dudes arguing on other side of street
>looks like 1 guy with 2 friends,
>the 1 guy is being drunk alpha trying to psyche himself up to start swinging.
>I sit on wall and watch
>they dropped him and all 3 start kicking the shit out of him
>walked over and picked alpha up by the back of his belt and dropped him on the concrete (bad idea, but I was drunk)
>, Thai clinch from the side and knee under the ribs, he's done
>third gets nutted.

helped the victim up, told the others to fuck off...off they did fuck and got the guy a taxi home.

I was so smug about doing a good deed. And it had nothing to do with me being a badass martial arts guy or anything at all like that. It was the shock of someone with a good 50 lb's on all of them barging in and dispensing high aggression.

Against a juicer who has a lot of expereince in street fighting, I could have got destroyed. and dropping that guy on concrete could have got me ABH/GBH charge.
>>
File: 1380808477927.jpg (35KB, 450x444px) Image search: [Google]
1380808477927.jpg
35KB, 450x444px
>>584204139
your passion is to rub against guys on the floor?
>>
>>584205561
you got balls, respect!

what happened when you got outnumbered? why did they attack you?
also whats your height/weight?
>>
>>584205613

brush the cheeto dust off your belly and realise there is more to life than trolling.
>>
File: M1911.jpg (100KB, 640x438px) Image search: [Google]
M1911.jpg
100KB, 640x438px
>>584192819

>What is the most effective/practical style of fighting, /b/?

A gun.
>>
>>584192943
Jidf detected
>>
File: 1405404801565.jpg (35KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
1405404801565.jpg
35KB, 493x387px
>>584205923
like rubbing yourself against guys on the floor?
>>
Aikido is great if you'd like to have the control to finish a fight and leave no lasting injuries.

If you really don't care about other people boxing or many others are just fine. It's all about skill and dedication in your chosen form.
>>
File: img.jpg (79KB, 554x540px) Image search: [Google]
img.jpg
79KB, 554x540px
>>584205613
yea you should probably stay in your basement if contact sports turn you on and you're so insecure, faggot.
>>
wrestling. you can bore your opponent to death.
>>
For fighting? Muay thai with some ground game like bjj. For combat? Probably some world war II combatives, fairbanks gutter fighting stuff.
>>
JKD since it pretty much encompasses every style of fighting ever invented.
>>
File: 1395612738466.jpg (42KB, 362x358px) Image search: [Google]
1395612738466.jpg
42KB, 362x358px
>>584206448
>>
>>584205837

6,3, now I'm 230lb, I've slacked off a lot and need to hit the gym, in my prime I was around 190/210 lb's.

They attacked me because I looked at a guy the wrong way in a nightclub. Was walking home and got suckered. I still don't know if I dropped because he hit me that hard or because I was so drunk I couldn't walk straight.

I know I wasn't knocked out. I got up and laid into him with some elbows and shit I learned in JDK a couple of weeks before that (iirc they come from wing chun) then his friends piled in and I went down.

Kicked at anything I could and grabbed a foot after it left my head. I'm pretty sure I tried to heel hook someone, but my memory is fuzzy.
>>
>>584192819
Close Quarter Combat
>>
>>584192819
Try to remember the basics of CQC
>>
File: Big Rigg.jpg (68KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Big Rigg.jpg
68KB, 640x400px
>>584192819

Boxing, hands down. Boxing is pretty much the apex of striking. What do all of the current MMA champs have in common? They're all great boxers. It's the most solid foundation there to branch out into other forms. It is also the most available. Karate sucks, TKD sucks, Judo is okay I guess.
>>
>>584192819
Jui Jistu
>>
>>584207165
Post body pic? No homo
>>
>>584207165
wow man fucking cowards. you think you would've floored those faggots if you weren't drunk?
>>
>>584207428
lol youre an idiot
>>
>>584207428
Mma champs
>Great boxers
Top kek
>>
File: UFC.jpg (58KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
UFC.jpg
58KB, 500x333px
>>584207750

Give me a single reason as to why? I've trained a number of things over the years: Judo, BJJ, muay thai, kickboxing, boxing, wrestling, etc. What do I always come back to as my bread and butter when sparring? Boxing. It's quick, it's simple, and it is effective.

What would you recommend a complete novice to start with? There is nothing better to start with than boxing. Teaching proper breathing, proper foot placement and movement... etc.
>>
Yoga
>>
File: 1350698692418.gif (2MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1350698692418.gif
2MB, 200x150px
>>584207612
>floored those faggots

coming from a guy whos passion is to rub against guys on the floor
>>
>>584207428

apex of striking with only hands and limited use. Don't get me wrong I respect the shit out of it, but I don't think anything that limits you can be considered best.

Same reason TKD is a bit sucky.

>>584207612
If they lined up and fought one at a time, maybe :)

>>584207497
naw dude, dude naw.

>>584207750
There is an element of truth to it. Prime fighters are getting trained by some of the best in the business now and its been showing since GSP jabbed the shit out of Koscheck years ago.

There are still shitters who just keep saying implement your jab, instead of actual technical advice at the end of a round, but these are scrubs who won't win a belt.
>>
Basic principles of hand-to-hand combat:
1. Be aggressive
2. Keep your eyes on the opponent
3. Distract the opponent
4. Disable or be disabled

I see what you do I keep on my way through
I'll see what you'll be, what you'll do

5. Vary the attack to fit the situation
6. Turn the defense into an unrelenting attack
7. Feel superior to the opponent, regardless of the latters' size or the evidence of strength

I see what you do I keep on my way through
I'll see what you'll be, what you'll do

You know you will have little time to stop and think,
when engaging in hand-to-hand combat.
Therefore, your actions must be automatic.
Remember, attack aggressively, with one purpose in mind: To kill.

Aktion!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oye4g5vDcRc

This is my first amateur boxing match. The dude I fought was 9-3. A realistic depiction of what boxing can do for you.
>>
I did wrestling for years in school.
Still do occasionally.
Mostly Muay Thai now.
There really isn't a most practical/effective style.
Pick a grappling base and a striking base. Master that, move on to other styles.
>>
>>584208925
is your nickname butterbean?
>>
>>584209279

Teddy!
>>
>>584192819
Pistol use.
>>
>>584201897
>Combat Sambo
Can't believe it was only mentioned once
>>
File: left hook.gif (989KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
left hook.gif
989KB, 500x281px
>>584209023

Yeah I mean this guy is right. I suppose it does all depend on your body/style/location of the fight. If you're in a cramped bar or club, muay thai would be the best option. Short elbows, short knees. Make short work of someone. If you're out on the street, and there is three or four or whatever, you can try to keep them at range with kickboxing. Pretty situational. Thats why I like boxing. One good left hook and the issue is diffused.
Thread posts: 142
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.