[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I'm about to finish my first semester at community college

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (115KB, 598x820px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 598x820px
So, I'm about to finish my first semester at community college and I've got d's and f's. I really hate the place and I hate taking classes like world civ and psychology instead of just the classes I need for electrical engineering.

Should I give up on the college and look elsewhere? Like ECPI or a company that trains electrical engineers to work for them?
>>
Youre in a fucking loser college and yet out of all the fucking losers there you are an even bigger fucking loser faggot.

So I guess you are the Loser of all the losers.

If you cant pass gen. eds. like psyc and world civ then good luck becoming a goddamn engineer,
you piss fuck
>>
This aint Hogwarts bitch
>>
If you are struggling to get d's in a fucking psychology 101 class at community college, then you sure as hell will not be able to pass a single electrical engineering course. You should just give up college and look at getting a job in fast food.
>>
Yeah OP. You must be full retard. I'm at a university getting my BS, decent GPA. Barely tried, got a business degree waiting for me in 3 months. I'm retarded.. so you must be like.. full retard. You must be.
>>
>>584032042
> d's and f's

you need to switch to a liberal arts major asap
>>
Well, for one all the shit for psychology was on an online program that I couldn't access on my computer. I not really interested in it or world civ. I'm doing fine in math. Besides Eng. Comp.1 it's the only one I'm doing good in.

Why the fuck would I need history for electrical engineering? I can understand taking public speaking but still.
I could've done better but I wasn't organized and I wasn't very interested in anything besides what I need for EE.
>>
If your failing community college classes you must be either a) skipping class and not doing your assignments, or b) just a plain fucking retard.

This is why intro classes are challenging. To weed out shitty students like you.
>>
>>584032995
To be a well rounded individual you dumb fuck. Nobody wants an autist with no knowledge of the world around them.
>>
>>584033306
b-but I know about DAH WORLD ALRDY!
>>
>>584032042
>quit college
>rent a condominium
>grow weed
>sell weed
>????
>profits
it's what I did and I'm raking in 17.5k a yr with unemployment checks
>>
>>584033051
Well I procrastinate, if I had really tried (which I would have if I was interested in the classes) I would done better. I had 5 classes with 16 hours. Tons of assignments plus a job.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
The best way to put it, OP, is that one day your young mind will understand. Some catch on faster some don't. There's a point to the pointless shit. Straight up. Think about it. Just do it. Trust me. If you need it for your degree, why would you have such a piss attitude about classes you need? You think your so smart that you can de idea what classes people take? Didn't think so.
>>
>>584033432
This is good advice OP. Just don't be a fuckboy.
>>
It doesn't matter if you are interested in them or not. These gen ed classes are on much more simple material, and designed to be more simple in order for you to get used to the college environment. A history and psychology class is just memorizing basic information. An electrical engineering course will have you memorizing complex formulas and sequences and then have you apply them. If you can't memorize simple information, no program from any school would ever take you in.
>>
>>584033306
I'd rather learn about electronics and leave the history to the people who are interested.
>>
Haha those are not even the weed out classes. Physics, Chem and multivariable calc are usually. Also even if you skip you should do fine in those, you must be full retard get out and save yourself money you are not smart enough to make it.
>>
>>584033432
ahahaha way to do it like an amatuer. one of my boys makes over 100k/yr and drives a '13 denali turbo diesel growing
>>
>>584033540
I "need" history apparently for credits, but I don't need them if I go to ecip.
They skip the bullshit and teach you what you need for your degree. I could get my bachelor's degree in 2.5 years from ecip.
>>
>>584032042
Did you just graduate high school? Take a year or two away from school and work some shitty jobs, then try community college again. You'll probably be motivated to actually give a fuck
>>
>>584033504
Toughen up and get your shit done even if you don't like it. That's part of post-secondary, taking shit classes you don't like. Learn to deal or drop out.

Basically this: >>584033540
>>
>>584032042
Didn't realize people could fail community colleges.

Thought people went there to hand money over for cheap credits to use at a real college?
>>
Sorry OP, legit engineer here (mech e junior year)
Let's analyze the data like an engineer would okay?

>community college
>d's and f's (red flag #1) only a fucking retard can get d's and f's in community college lol
>"i really hate the place and hate taking classes like psychology and world civ"
>if you are failing those classes, i'm sorry you are not well out to become an engineer. those classes should be easy a's. on course of engineering is like 3 of those classes combined.
>should i just give up college?: yes, join the army you don't have the IQ for college
>look elsewhere ecip or a company that trains EE to work for them?:

you fucking pleb. you are too stupid to become an ee and you can't just be trained to become an engineer you need the rigorous undergrad program to think like an engineer.

what you are thinking is becoming a tech which you can with a hs degree, making a lot less, more hands on, less math intensive, which you might like.

you might also have the IQ needed for those jobs.
but probably not
>>
>>584032042
same

grow pot and you wont even care
>>
>>584032042
>Wanting to be an electronic engineer
>Failing out of fucking community college
You're delusional. I suggest you either grow the fuck up (1st semester, obviously still a little immature faggot) and get your shit together or resign yourself to a life of flipping burgers and crying over how you don't get paid enough for your pleb labour.

You're a fucking joke.
>>
>>584032042
Go try a for-profit diploma mill if you want to overpay for a certificate of complete employers don't want. That mess isn't worth much when there's a glut of recent grads with degrees already that can't even break into their field of choice.

If you can't hack the bullshit on the distribution list, don't go to college. Psych and World Civ are gimmes -- show up to lectures and you're golden. But don't take those, take easier humanities like sociology or anthropology.

Want to play with live wires? Apprentice with an electrician. You'll always be in demand and make a decent living.
>>
Thing is. I'm about to turn 21. I'm still living with my parents. I really think that getting out of the house would be a good change.
>>
>>584033925
Don't go to a liberal arts school then if you don't want those classes. Go to a tech school and if your lucky you wont end up pigeon holing yourself into a niche field.
>>
>>584032042
>d's and f's at community college.

im afraid to tell you this but you might be mentally handicap. Enjoy working at mc donalds.
>>
>>584032042
>I really hate the place and I hate taking classes like world civ and psychology instead of just the classes I need for electrical engineering.
God help you might actually learn something?
>>
I'm finishing up my ME undergrad after transferring from community college. Sorry m8, if you don't have the brains to BS your way through general ed classes then you won't make it as an engineer.
>>
>>584034472
Like I said. Why would an EE need history?
>>
>>584032358
hes right, you know. being totally serious, if youre getting those grades in your first semester of community college, then youre really fucking stupid or lazy. college isnt for you, youre a dumbfuck with no motivation. its ok though, theres always the military, it pays well and its a great choice for brainless fucks like you

sage
>>
>>584033865
oh I thought OP was asking how to live like an amateur
>>
>>584034271
You're 21 and still getting D's and F's at a cc? I fucked around at community college for a while but got my shit together and left with a 3.3. But damn man. I'm sorry but you're not gonna be an engineer
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>584032042
Man you gotta keep tryin' just bs the ge classes get ur Bachelors, a job, Make money, fuck bitches. That how we Engineers Roll
<captcha intellects lcinaei
>>584032042
>>
>>584034581
Well you're clearly a fucking idiot, so any education would do you some good.

Enjoy your education before you enter 40 years of wage slavery.
>>
>>584032042
A Bachelor of Arts sounds just about right for you
>>
>>584034202
>legit engineer
>junior year

Gotta love first years.
>>
>>584034581
Get your shit together and power through it. By the time you're junior/senior year EE (if you even make it that far), you'll be wishing you were taking history classes.

Source: going into my last semester as a CS major (software engineering, distributed computing)
>>
>>584034202
>legit engineer
>junior year

idiot
>>
>>584034202
Yeah dude, you're not an engineer until you actually have the paper.
>>
>>584032042
You're legit just a lazy fuck and if your motivation can't carry you through these easy B.S courses then your fucked. CC is a joke and is supposed to ease you into the transition of going from high school to a real college. It doesn't matter if your not interested in these classes or not, you have to take them. Soon enough you will be an adult and realize you can't stomp your feet and cry because you can't get your way. I'm sorry if your uneducated worthless self believes gen eds are stupid but real EE professors with doctorate degrees see the value. Grow up or learn to say "Do you want Fries with that?"
>>
>>584035043
i have two design projects, an internship experience, and another internship with a fortune 500 company.

i think I'm pretty legit faggot, hows high school
>>
>>584032042
OP I go to one of the top 10 schools in the nation for EE and I can confidently tell you that EE is not for you. I suggest you switch your major to another variation of electronics that's a bit more hands on. You don't seem to do well in lecture settings and there are a lot of lecture classes in EE.

A friend of mine is taking a version of an electronics course but it's mainly hands on and less lecture classes. So you'll be a step below an EE but I think it's better for you.

Also considering getting a certification as an electrician, I really really don't want to work alongside a dumb fuck like you who fails CC.
No offense bro.
>>
Well I'll probably just save up my money. Retake all my classes and see how it goes then. I'm pretty sure that I could be an EE. My dad is a mechanical engineer and after him drilling math into my head I've become good at it. Although I'm more hands on I can sit at a fucking desk and do math all day. I still think that going somewhere like ecip would be better.
>>
>>584035286
You're still not an engineer until you graduate you dense fuck.
>>
>>584035286
Does not make you a "legit" engineer. You're still just a student.
>>
fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.
>>
>>584032042
Electrical Engineering? In community college?
>>
>>584035441
>"Also considering getting a certification as an electrician, I really really don't want to work alongside a dumb fuck like you who fails CC."
>"No offense bro"
>Toppest kek
>>
>>584035621
For real. This faggot in a hospital told me he was the intern on the floor or some shit, I told him to go get me a ginger ale and a real doctor not some faggot student trying to learn shit at me.
>>
>>584035595

i had a year of experience in the corporate environment for engineering, so yes, i consider myself an engineer, you dense fuck. i obviously have the "engineering" mind too.

>>584035621
ok captain obvious, how many years of law school did you take to come to that conclusion genius?
>>
This is where I want to go.

http://m.ecpi.edu/page.3825.html
>>
>>584032042
Fuck that shit. You can get a job as assistant manager at McDonalds. And, since you are failing at one of the most simple things in life, maybe you should start a s a counter person. Just so you don't burn your dick off.
>>
>>584036189
your autism is showing
>>
Im in my last year in Computer Science.
I transfered from a community college to a University. Get the fuck out while you can. If your struggling now, wait until your in 400 level engineering classes.. you won't be in debt 4 years from now, and you can make just as much if your any good at what you do. Fuck college.
>>
>>584036278
> kek
Let's be honest /b/
OP should just live stream and an hero.
>>
>>584036316
ok you guys caught me, i'm OP on my cellphone
>>
>>584035246
>not doing what you want as an adult
of course it's the brainwashed fags sucking the tuition jews dick
>>
>>584034761
See, shit like I could learn easy with hands on experience. I'm a visual learner.
>>
>>584036189
You can consider your self as an airplane but just making noise like an airplane doesn't get your ass off the ground.
>>
>>584036361
Congrats anon, I have one more programming class until I can be done with that shit.
I fucking hate fltk and I hate c++ in general, what language are you most competent with?
>>
>>584036189
>>a year of experience in the corporate environment for engineering
... as an intern.

Look man, I'm in my last year of undergrad for ME and have had plenty of design projects, internships, etc. Still doesn't mean I'm an engineer, and neither are you.
>>
OP,

I too hate college and have always hated school with a passion. I don't really think I'm that good at it. I usually get B's and C's and don't put much effort into it.

Unfortunately, if you don't get a degree, your options are extremely limited. Getting a degree in ANYTHING opens up so many jobs.

If you don't like school for the people aspect (like me), then I would really recommend an online college. Though most colleges would give you an "e-degree" (not recognized by some employers), some give you a legitimate college degree. Plus, with online schooling, you can spend more time getting a job, playing vidya, whatever and never have to leave you house. I'm taking classes through Oregon State and it's awesome
>>
I'm already good at building things, but I'd like to build electronic things. I highly doubt that designing and building a cellphone is that difficult. You design it and leave the programming to the programmers.
>>
>>584036748
Also EE student, 2 years left for me, and I agree with you anon. Faggot is jumping the gun.
>>
>>584036836
Now this is helpful. Check this link. This is what I'm planning on doing.

http://m.ecpi.edu/page.3825.html
>>
>Failing classes out community college.

You're either really fucking lazy or actually retarded in some shape or form.
You're probably one of those kids who doesn't do their work just to seem rebellious and then come to class acting all fucking obnoxious.
FYI, the kids that I knew were like that in high school are still in my hometown doing the same fucking shit they did as teenagers - drive around and smoke weed all fucking day until they had to go to their job at Taco Bell. Even after 4 years out of highschool.
Do your two years at community, get good grades (when you really think about it, cc is easy straight out of hs cause the workload isn't as tedious), then transfer to a UC far away, live out there doing college lyf (you wont regret it and since you're only there to finish up two years, it wont be as expensive) and then you can have a degree instead of working at Taco Bell or at a trade school telling yourself that you'll be better off this way.
>>
>>584036208
Please OP at least try to get into a real university before you lower your standards this far.
>>
>>584033504

Well there's your fucking problem. 12 credit hours is considered full time plus you were working. If you have a job, go down to 8 or 7 CH. That kind of schedule is retarded and you should feel bad for not knowing better in the first place.
>>
>>584036520
So you don't know how to read or know what an engineer is.
>>
Hi OP, I'm not sure why everyone has to be so mean for the sake of being mean. I did poorly in my first semester of classes too, but I still managed to finish and land a really nice job. You just have to try harder to be quite honest. Try forming a study group with people, make friends with multiple people in all your classes, it really helps. Just remember there's always next semester!
>>
>>584037174
Well my counselor signed me up for that many hours and my hardass dad agreed with him.
>>
>>584037032
looks legit. I don't know anything about engineering or anything, but it looks like that's what you'd want. I would call a counselor and ask about the degree thing, like I said. Since it's really hard to get a legitimate degree from online courses.

you can usually find textbooks online pretty easily unless it's a really specific class or if it requires one of those stupid $100 passcode things just to open the book. Take the least amount of hours you can to start out (depending on financial aid) if you plan on having a job. If you'll be jobless, load up the courses.

Are you thinking of working while doing school if it's online?
>>
>>584036520
Have you actually looked at a legitimate engineering curriculum before? It's far from just labs and tinkering projects. There is a substantial, if not overwhelming, amount of theory behind it all.
>>
>>584037353
I took 17 hours and was a teachers assistant last semester. Took Logic design, calc 2, physics, and 3 other classes i cant think of at the moment...
I made 5 A's and 1 B (1% away from an A)
>>
>>584037189
Well I know what they do. I just think that people make electrical engineering sound harder than it really is.

One of you EE's supply me with a scenario of a project you might come across.
>>
>>584035286
hahaha well guess what, you're not

High school was good, now adays i'm a "legit" chem engineer
>>
Good luck in your future career OP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj23I8hgj28
>>
>>584037620
Congratulations you are a hero.
>>
>>584032671
If I was him I'd give up breathing
>>
>>584032042

Quit college
Don't become an electrical engineer
Build something yourself
Sell it
>>
>>584032042
Obvious bait.
1/10
>>
>>584036040
Rude.
>>
>>584037353

Don't be such a damn pushover. Its your education, not your dad's. Besides, if you retake the classes, most CCs replace your grades anyways without them appearing twice on your transcript.

>do fewer classes
>get a 3.0 for two semesters
>get into PTK for $90
>get associates degree
>transfer to university with PTK honors and win scholarships/get offered full ride to any school in the country just for doing well in CC
>>
>>584038060
I know right? He kept trying to "explain" shit at me, and I was like nah man, I dont' want to hear your rude excuses go find a real doctor.
>>
>>584038130
Well my dad is paying for my classes.
>>
File: image.jpg (99KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
99KB, 640x1136px
>>584036208
at least make sure is ABET acredited, that is if you want a gov, or aerospace job that is
>>
>>584032042
>I really hate the place and I hate taking classes like world civ and psychology instead of just the classes I need for electrical engineering.

Your attitude is the problem.
>>
>>584034271>>584034581

Taking a history class is not for being an engineer, by doing well in the class you are proving you can learn and apply yourself to something you are unfamiliar with, that's what jobs really care about, not history! If you cant prove your usefulness in college how would a professional situation expect you to do well when they hand you shit work for an entry level position that you probably wont like.
>>
File: image.jpg (125KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
125KB, 640x1136px
>>584038474
Just did this and here are the results.
>>
>>584032995
Because when you're being hired employers take your overall GPA so they know you're obedient instead of only doing well in the things you're interested in. Because being an engineering is fucking work and they need to know you're reliable.
>>
>>584038660
Also this.
>>
File: image.jpg (117KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117KB, 640x1136px
>>584039047
Forgot pic
>>
Dude you're stupid as fuck, get over it. Just join the military.
>>
>>584032042
Know that not everyone was intended for college. It doesn't mean you're dumb, schools are little more than obedience courses... Not hard, just gotta do what they want when they want it.

If you're a *very* hard worker, you can learn a trade and be semisuccessful without college. If you aren't a hard worker, than somethings gotta change if you ever want more than 20k a year.

But if you ever want a comfortable life, hot women to be interested, Any house, you gotta finish college and do well. Don't fuck it up. These are the years that determine your adult earning potential. You do that poorly again and they'll kick you out.
>>
File: image.jpg (12KB, 300x210px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 300x210px
>>584038660
ok go be an Engr technician for an aerospace company-starting pay about 40k
>>
>>584037353
Tell your dad that you are going to disappoint him for the rest of his life. And you will disappoint everybody else for the rest of your life. An engineer is a person who is able to engineer. Not snap together component part of a cell phone. Why am I explaining this to you . You won't be able to understand. You are failing world civ in a community college.
>>
>>584038452
I'm really close with my mom and told her every detail about my classes, but I'm realizing that you kind of have to stop with college since it's important and they're paying. So they don't want to hear about you failing. You have to kind of find the motivation to push yourself.

In my case, I have 0 motivation, but my boyfriend pushes me harder than either of my parents would have
>>
>>584035286
>I turn on a computer and brought coffee to the engineers in my internship
You're not an engineer until you graduate and are hired after passing your FE. You're obviously not going to be an engineer with your low intelligence.
>>
>>584032042
>ECPI
No, places like that are degree mills. The degree they give you is not worth the paper it's printed on.
>a company that trains electrical engineer to work for them
Good luck finding one. Maybe some companies do, but because so many people go to college nowadays, you'd likely be unable to find a job without a bachelors degree.
>>
you know some people out there cunts can't do psyc and world civ because there not interested in it, if your not interested in doing shit you wont be fucked to learn it
faggots
>>
>>584036836
Just having a colllege degree from an accredited university will open SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many doors. Lots of Amerifats do not understand a degree in some liberal arts field will be far more useful than some faggots with a high school lolpolma. Also don't fall for the master degree bullshit. Most engineers don't have one, and dont need one. A master is a preparation for a PH'd program, not a job enhancer. PH'd are for NASA, DOD, and other government jobs.
>>
>>584039583
I read your post. And even after I corrected all your grammatical errors, it still made no sense.
>>
>>584038452

So stick up for yourself and tell him what I've told you. He's probably only agreeing with a fucking nightmare schedule because the advisor said so, which implies that he's never gone to college.

Now allow me to let you in on a little secret:

>advisory is obligated to give you tons of classes at once because they're obligated to, unless you tell them not to
>schools are businesses, so the more classes you do, fail and retake, the more money they make
>as a freshman, you got fucking railed by a system that just wants your money
>that's why you do classes unrelated to your major
>either do what you actually have time for and tell your dad to loosen his asshole around your life or drop out and go to a trade school in a related field and make less dosh
>>
Guys which is better Computer Hardware Engineer or Electrical Engineer in terms of Average Pay and Education?
>>
>>584039217
Technician eventually do the engineer job after ten years of experience. They'll be called technicians, but their job is that of an engineer. Not a lot of senior level engineers in the market.
>>
You should shoot the school up
>>
>>584040047
This,

This is the only way Op
Thread posts: 110
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.