[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/, So I'm wondering how you suppose I should prevent

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 157
Thread images: 20

File: fuckguncontrol.jpg (245KB, 984x672px) Image search: [Google]
fuckguncontrol.jpg
245KB, 984x672px
Hey /b/,

So I'm wondering how you suppose I should prevent everyone I come in contact with from almost instantly hating me. I don't know what it is, but I can't fight the urge to use unnecessarily large and uncommonly used words when talking to anyone. I also really want to be a major poet, but apparently, a former poet laureate thinks my poetry is utter shite. Also, I'm no longer a virgin. I was until recently, but I encountered a young lass who stole my heart in the sands of Peru two years ago from my trip to South America. I'm still a little tired from that trip. Also, that's me in the picture. Apparently one of my ex friends who I'm no longer friends with put my head on a famous daguerreotype.
>>
File: cpliav1ixyil8ywxev7q.jpg (20KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
cpliav1ixyil8ywxev7q.jpg
20KB, 244x206px
>>582516382
>>
Jesus fucking Christ, I am almost hating you.

Learn how to adjust to the people you are around, or find like-minded people and live in a bubble of sorts with them.

It's really not so difficult to figure out.
>>
Pay me $20 and I'll walk you through it.
>>
>>582516804
I think OP is insecure with a false ego. He is unable to correct his bad behaviors, thus he acts out in a pseudo-intellectual alpha manner around those he interacts with to make himself feel better.
>>
>>582516804
I try. I really do. I try to find things that people are in common with and I send them lost of links on facebook that corresponds to their interests. But no one ever replies, or if they do, they say mean things. I also went to a girls college, but as you can see from the daguerreotype I'm a male.
>>
File: 1378398722416.jpg (20KB, 400x400px)
1378398722416.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>582517350
i salute your wisdom.
>>
>>582517446
Wait, so you stayed a virgin while attending a women's college? OP, are you in the closet?
>>
>>582517251
If I could, I would, but I'm currently saving my money for a backpacking trip across Europe
>>
File: 1416329722435.jpg (81KB, 460x689px) Image search: [Google]
1416329722435.jpg
81KB, 460x689px
>>582517446
wait wat...?
>>
>>582517773
post some of your poetry, and maybe I'll post some of mine :3
>>
>>582517718
I'm not GAY! Fuck. See? Everyone says that. Even my dad who was a Navy SEAL in Vienam. He knows a guy who knows Jesse Ventura. But I tell everyone I'm not gay and I also date lots of women, but no, I didn't become a virgin until after college.
>>
>>582516382
For starters: daguerreotype isn't an old word for photograph. It was a different technique. This one is a photo taken with a portable camera.
>>
there seems to be an awful lot of chum in the water....it's gotta be bait!
>>
>>582518185
Oh, I know, I was just saying that for the emotion it imposes on the listener.
>>
File: rapper.jpg (103KB, 600x362px) Image search: [Google]
rapper.jpg
103KB, 600x362px
>>582518093
OP, I know this is 4chan and people think you are making this up, however, the fucking saddest part of this thread is that you are not.
>>
>>582518392
>rapper
>>
>>582518090
Here's my blog. Go easy on me.
>>
>>582516382
>>Also, I'm no longer a virgin

Perhaps part of the problem is including unnecessary information as a subtle self-props to sound cooler. Seriously I know some autistic morons who have had sex but even they aren't socially inept enough to say something like "stole my heart in the sands of Peru"
>>
>>582518090

When I Visited La Biblioteca Nacional de la Republica Argentine
even-still-Far in picture iconsin travel books-even fromavenida del libertador You were a father walking inwithout askingor knocking--I went in because I loveBorges.A wad of virgin concrete--gashes of black.Windows of sepia--overcast.Your ornamentation-graffiti-“aires de ezorkia”with a circle around the a--I had no idea what it meant but a friend told me--“you know winds of change,this means 'winds of dark stuff,''winds of garbage'”
>>
>>582517446
In the off-shot case you're not trolling, you're a shitty person. See what I did there. I left as only chance for you not to be a piece of shit, being a troll on this thread.
If you're not trolling, I know several people like you and, well, you are a soulless hipster who perceives his existence as "being born in the wrong social class, because I feel I was born with princely [shitty big word you don't know the meaning of]". You are the worst kind of pleb!
>>
That is one of my poems, but I messed up the copying and pasting. I'm sorry
>>
>>582517350
this
plus huge fucking faggot fedora wearing loserbthat needs to go to /bronys.
>>
File: HenrySwanson.gif (497KB, 500x200px) Image search: [Google]
HenrySwanson.gif
497KB, 500x200px
>>582519108
>winds of garbage

Pretty much sums up your existence, OP.
>>
>>582519290
Don't be. Nobody expects anything useful from you.
>>
>>582519175
See? THIS! is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. I cme to you, asking for help, because I literally have no where else to go
>>
And you shit on me, just like everyone else. just like my students that I subbed where I live in Southern Appalachia.
>>
>>582519738
>I literally have no where else to go
You've been to a women's college! For fuck's sake!
>>
>>582519898
>>582519738
>>582519290
>>582519108
>>582518612
I'm still waiting for that link...
>>
>>582519898
Southern Appalachia? WTF is this? 1820?
>>
brony brony brony brony
>>
>>582520086
>for the emotion it imposes on the listener
You have to consider a whole different level of fag here!
>>
>>582519972
Well, where else was I supposed to major in theatre. I simply couldnt move. The economy has been rather dismal over here in the States.

I had only to choose the one school available me.
>>
>>582520315
WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE POEMS YOU CUNT?!?!?!?
>>
>>582520315
I respect humanities, I didn't mean that.
I meant you've been for 4 years with hundreds of you akin. And you still have "literally nowhere else" to go, better than /b ?!
>>
File: thimbsup.jpg (37KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
thimbsup.jpg
37KB, 620x349px
>>582520315
>be me
>be a theatre major from a women's college
>lose viginity in mid 20's
>write shitty poetry
>a new level of fag---even for 4chan
>mfw you realize that your entire life is a Jeff Foxworthy joke
>>
>>582520056
'm not giving you my actual link, I realized what could unfurl. here's another poen though.

My imagination began stuttering as I, fretful and jittery, peeled sunflowers to find the last petal was untrue, always
>>
File: image.jpg (150KB, 625x468px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150KB, 625x468px
>>582518093
>>
>>582520891
Wait, hold on..

Your dad knows a guy who knows Jesse Ventura? That almost cool.
>>
>>582520891
Wow, your poem sucks.

Thanks for making me feel 100% better about MY poems. Even though people already love them
>>
No one obviously seems to be commenting on my poetry. See? THIS! is what I'm tlking about.

Here though, lies one of my latest works.
Still carry linesIn my head for youAnd your oceanic smile.I carry them likeI would Carry pails Of water to Stop a fire With morsels Falling, fugitive As we were, As the murmurs Of the blue Wine palms,As the tread of Children at Plaza El Descanso Were.
>>
>>582520891
It is really sad, when I think that there are actually people like this! That there is a decent probability you're not a troll. What uneases me the most is that that probability is decent even in /b
>>
>>582521419
OP, are you on drugs?
>>
>>582520967
My dad wasn't techinally a Navy SAL relax, lie down. He was actually a SEAL before they had SEALS. It's really crazy if you read about it.
>>
>>582521687
No. Hell no. I refuse to ingest any substance that alters my preconception of realty. I've never even drank a beer.
>>
File: DoucheMagoo.jpg (4KB, 309x163px) Image search: [Google]
DoucheMagoo.jpg
4KB, 309x163px
>>582521962
>I've never even drank a beer

Confirmed. OP is from Southern Appalachia
>>
>>582521962
Top thread, Op. Most entertaining. Have had a hearty chuckle. Please continue.
>>
>>582521962
>my preconception of realty
You avoid facts-ingesting then?

I think what most people hate of you, is that you use big words you don't know the meaning of.
>>
>>582521419
Your poems are cringeworthy, have no flow, and manke NO SENSE.

This is one of my poems

The cameras eye
She'll not deny
The light that never sleeps

In happy days
on golden sands
With winds that sway abide

The god of thunder
love and wonder
Our lives bend to his will

The fates that wait
beyond the bay
Where innocence will drown the rain.
>>
>>582521962
>I've never even drank a beer.

Maybe you should fucking start. Jesus I've never come across such an unbearable cunt.
>>
>>582522290
Ok. everyone obviously seems to be enjoying all of mine misfortunes, so here, fuck it. I have a thing for Circle K Bathrooms.
>>
>>582522620
I think you're missing one thing. A lot of people don't prefer poetry because they prefer the story format, which is fair enough. To me, though, a poem is a story. It is the story of a moment. There is character (the voice) and action (the revelation, the moment); it is a story of something akin to a goosebump. To me life isn't just a story but a poetry anthology or collection, a collection of moments.
>>
>>582522763
Did you read
>>582522620
this post?

You need to work on your shit son.
>>
>>582522763
Holy fuck all

We've got a bathroom fetish here /b/
Is this the fucking trend among hipsters now? You guys have to relegate yourself to the private spaces of bathrooms? Fucking degenderize the goddamn space eh? I hope you fucking joke on your misuse of the English langauge, OP.
>>
>>582521962
your ignorance is your own undoing. take a psychedelic, realize you'll come to nothing, an hero

or write us some more poetry, your shit is hilariously bad
>>
>>582522971
Still not 100% sure you're not a troll. What state were you calling Southern Apalachia earlier?
>>582522620
No cringe, nothing too good either. Anon is a human being.
>>
>>582521962
Yeah, it's you.

You suck, if you wont change neither will people's opinion of you, either grow up or just become as fucking loathsome and actual evil as as you can, at least your minions will be there for you then, until you send them to die of course. Fuck it just become a Moslem, that hipster beard is a start anyway.
>>
>>582522971
This is the reason your poems suck.

>to me poems are a story

Not really. There's a reason poety and prose are two SEPARATE things. Unless you're writing an epic poem the likes of homer, it's best to keep poetry in the realm of poetry, and away from prose.
>>
>>582516382
I'm fucking shaving tomorrow. Screw looking in any way like this failed abortion.
>>
HEre. this proves I'm not gay, btw. This is what I wrote one year after my most recent encounter with a lady.

That night I spent time with a friend whom I shall call P. P was a pen pal that was wanting to learn English and I was wanting to learn Spanish. We decided to meet that evening. I won't go into detail about our night, because it was mainly walking around, sitting at Plaza San Martin and talking but we became deeper than pen pals. It was something special, if brief. That is all I will reveal in public.
>>
>>582521780
so he blew a lot of seals in his time
go to the brony board
brony brony brony
>>
>>582520891
I feel like that part "peeled" broke the flow.
Shoulda gone to the next line after jittery.
>>
>>582522620
Poetry seems to only make sense to the authors of their stories. Here's one off the top of my agile fingers.

Suck a dick
at your own demise
faggot op learn to fly

rivers are red
flowers are blue
op pls an hero
>>
>>582523718
oh fuck my sides !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
I met a bearded scribe
that no-one could abide
He sucks at prose, wears shitty clothes, I hope I'll hear he's died.
>>
>>582521419
I entered it for you OP.

Still carry lines
In my head for you
And your oceanic smile.
I carry them like
I would Carry pails Of water to
Stop a fire
With morsels Falling, fugitive
As we were,
As the murmurs Of the blue Wine palms,
As the tread of Children at Plaza El Descanso Were.

Aaand it leaves me thinking, it's open to interpretations, etc.
>>
>>582523170
I grew up in a small rural community. I grew up in an area that had more religious places of worship than locally owned mom and pop restaurants. It wasn't uncommon to feel the pressure of this religious culture, particularly on someone like me. At the time I considered myself on the threshold of being religious, but I was confused in some ways. I grew up in a conservative family, where we were taught to vote Republican and in any mock election we had at school were insisted to vote Republican (at my elementary school I voted for Bob Dole in 1996 and in middle school I voted for George W. Bush in 2000). My father held views that were near the extreme of the Right and frankly was homophobic. The most liberal thought he could muster on homosexuality was "Freddy Mercury was a pretty good singer for a queer."
>>
>>582524182
that's because he blew a lot of seals in his day op.
>>
>>582524182
continue...
>>
>>582524182
So you're not a troll?
>>
File: 1417258554513.jpg (15KB, 320x233px) Image search: [Google]
1417258554513.jpg
15KB, 320x233px
>>582523718
Love your art anon!
>>582524081
this, so much expresses what I feel now.
>>582524118
OP from his phone, or some /b/tard who also sucks at poetry.
>>
>>582523359
>>582523359
here is another poem. Mad (I)Mad (I)as a treein winter,Mad (I)as the grey limbsthat reach acrossto wade inthe Tallulahto wade inthe bitter, bitter as a paper cut.Mad (I)the greytree that waits,waitsfor the windto shout me closer.
>>
>>582524518
No, This background is important because I want you, my reader, to understand what I was like. I was conservative because that was the way we were supposed to be, but there were strains of conflict in my mind about what felt right. I was being given teen study bibles and DC Talk cds from my sister for my birthday, when really I wanted AC/DC and metal. I was being told to be religious and accept all religious principles including homophobia when I felt the people telling me were being hypocritical by picking on me all the time and being snooty, vain, etc.
>>
>>582524673
This was not shit, who did you copy it from?
>>
>>582524182
I'm gonna guess you're a Worst Virginiafag
>>
>>582524984 I'm copying it off of my Scribd account, but the formatting is all jacked up for some reason.
>>
>>582517350
>false ego

Redundant but point made anyway.
>>
>>582524673
1 LEARN TO USE THE SPECE BAR YOU STUPID FUCKTARD

2>waitsfor the windto shout me closer.

What the fuck does this even mean? You fucking SUCK
>>
b/ I don't understand how you could hate me too. I really am lonely as fuck. Sometimes I think dark thoughts. Being solo in my travels forced me to step out of my timidity in order to have company; I learned that just asking could get me a couple of people to eat out with in Valparaiso and Lima. I definitely had some good company, particularly in Buenos Aires and Cusco; those were bonds I intend to work to hold on to.
That being said, on my next travels I want to be able to share my experience with someone. It's difficult to describe this loneliness because it's easy to get into sentimentality and because of how intangible it is. I aim to never travel alone again though.
>>
>>582524053
>>582524537
Greatly appreciate. Thank you.
>>
>>582516382

Be a poet op. Sounds like your efforts will be rewarded with like minded people. -maybe even a carrier will spawn.

Ha. Critism is aa matter of personal opinion and rather frank; I think that one critique might've been burned him or herself pretty bad.

Its all about how you react op.
>>
>>582525035
Tallolah is the name of waterfalls in Georgia.
>>
>>582516382
You sound like me up until about a year or so ago. I was aspie as hell and not understandng why people disliked me, and then something went *click* and I was suddenly able to notice the shit I did (and still do) that makes people hate me.

The only advice I can offer, is to be honest about whatever you can notice about your own behavior, and ask for feedback when you can. What would most likely help, is if someone you know can point out when another person is doing the same shit that you're doing. It's a lot easier to see other people messing up, than to notice oneself messing up. Good Luck!
>>
>>582526489
I knew he was some fucking small town hick trying to big city slick.
>>
>>582518359
fuck you, god. That doesn't even make sense when it's just flat out wrong. No wonder you suck at poetry.
>>
>>582517967
Lost
>>
>>582516382

the reason why your poetry blows is because it's about you, even when it isn't. you clearly wanted people to be blown away by you. get some fucking perspective. nobody likes 5 dollar words when they obfuscate the thing you're trying to say.

you are a hipster faggot and someone needs to pull the fucking trigger on all of your kind. the reason why you write the way you write is because, like all hipsters, you're an emotionally dismissive-avoidant hollowman who doesn't understand or care about things that don't earn you cool points.

tl;dr get fucked for miles
>>
>>582517773
>backpacking trip across Europe
The douchiest form of travel
>>
Look, here's the thing. I really dont understand where all this negativity machinisms come from. Have I not beenopnand honest here tongiht?
>>
OP, have you tried going to the Burning Man?
Maybe there is somebody there who is brainburnt enough not to manage to hate you. You might make friends.
Else, go squatting in Europe. Some months of starving might make a real poet of you. (I swear this last one is not sarcastic)
>>
File: durka_durka.gif (32KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
durka_durka.gif
32KB, 100x100px
>>582516382
poets are fags
kill yerself you beta femboy
>>
>>582527787
Yeah but you come across like you think you're better than us. It's annoying.
>>
>>582516382
Don't stifle your intelligent, creative side. Talk the way you want.
Poets can be assholes when critiquing other's work. Also, you are young, so your stuff should be shit right now. Keep at it, you will get better.
Everyone in high school thought I was a goof. Afterwards I moved to LA and joined a band and everyone thought I was God. Stay true to yourself, people come and go.
>>
>>582527868
Burning Man, Ah yes. I have some friends who want to go there, but like I said, I don't do any drugs of any sort. ere's the thing I realized when I was working on my recent short film, the effort you put into making people like me seems to be tenfold undone upon their judgements of me. i dont get how it can be so
>>
>>582528197
>the effort you put into making people like me seems to be tenfold undone upon their judgements of me. i dont get how it can be so

Just talk like a real fucking person you fuck! Go to a coffee place or a bar and listen. Listen to how people talk to each other and emulate until it feels natural. Christ is this what autism truly looks like?
>>
>>582516382
honestly, try finding people who go to liberal art schools or something of the sort. Or maybe try and find other people who are passionate with poetry as you are. Not everyone is going to hate you. But if you sound like an almighty douchebag who sounds like you think you're smarter than everyone else by using big words, then no one will like you. If thats nit you, then cool. Just dont sniff your own farts OP and try and meet more people like you. Or try dumbing down your words.
>>
OP kind of reminds me of Brian from Family Guy. Take that how you will.
>>
>>582528916
At least Brian had some wit.
>>
Misanthrope Steps falling apart,Dirt ebbs its way To the precipitation.Tired-the steps-A body enfeebled Part with longing.
>>
Stop the bravado. That's it. You have cloaked yourself in layers of bullshit. Relax a bit, change your wardrobe and find a few new haunts. Talk to people but instead of spouting bullshit and inflating your own ego ask them questions. take joy in their hobbies, needs, wants, and deepest desires. I don't mean putting on a face, learn to exist outside of your own little Plato cave.

Everyone around you is just as flawed as you pretend not to be. By not accepting your imperfect nature you have denied your friends a way to really relate to you. People you meet see what you put on and assume one of two things. First possibility is that you are a pretentious ass. Second is that you are a stuffy perfectionist. Would you want to be friends with either?
>>
Solo
is what I say
when they ask me
what i say
`voy a solo
voy a america del sur solo'...
Pass the cicatrices of tangled gardens, that hang on Cerro Santa Lucian ext to the snickering yellow paint, and the andes peak from under the fog
like being too young for night.
The Chileno--im not sure he´s Chileno
(he wears a New York hat)and the girl
They wrap up and can hear their breaths
tiptoe…Solo is what I say when they ask me what i say
`voy a solovoy a america del sur solo
>>
>>582529174
It's no good OP has shut down now and is inflicting his terrible poetry upon us.
>>
File: lol.jpg (20KB, 374x374px) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
20KB, 374x374px
>>582529231
>>
>>582519898
OP go to reddit if you want actual people who give a shit. On 4chan you're just a faget. Anyways, keep your head up. There's always someone like yourself out there, just gotta find them. Maybe join a poetry group??
>>
>>582516382
Basically gonna say what everyone else has been saying. You're pretty much a standard asshole. You think you're better than everyone else. Why do you want to be a major poet. Isn't it enough to simply write poetry that does it for you? I think that is a big reason not only why it sucks and is convoluted, but why you're perceived as such an asshole.

tl;dr shut the fuck up, stop being a dick.
>>
>>582528197
You don't have to do drugs (GA super-right-wing childhood taboo) to be at burning man. Just hang with some hippies. That may help you understand the wrongness of the hipster way. I don't despise hipsters like you because I don't get you, I despise you because you sound and look too trivial and are desperate for attention all the time. IDK if you are familiar with the anal stage in human developement, but it is a stage meant to be over by the time you go in kindergarten. Being in it in your twenties is what makes you a hipster. This is a regrettable byproduct of the entitling first world. You suffer not from having been bullied but from not having had the luck to be bullied enough. The animal brain in your cranium needs stimuli alike those of any other animal and bullying is one of those.
>>
>>582529848
forgot to add, most poets (Whitman, for example) were huge fucking douchebags for most of their life, so maybe take that as some sort of consolation for your social inability. That is to say, don't delve deeper into being shit socially, just weigh the odds of living a life of being hated vs. having this persona as some poet-genius that really won't get you much other than your own masturbatory gratification
>>
>>582528916
Brian is awesome, OP is a soulless autistic-wannabe hipster piece of shit.
>>
>>582529373
Haha. I think that he lost his virginity because his pompous demeanor was lost in translation. He was put in a situation where he was on the same level as his first. Too bad he hasn't picked up on that.
>>
A tire threadbare,suckles the cascade of water, warm as a mother's chest,while loitering in the backyard
>>
>>582529036
Starter fluid is so much fun when mixed with water and the hexane is diluted.

YOU HAVE HUFFED YOUR MOTHERFUCKING BRAIN OUT.
>>
>>582529373
And we have verified that he is, at worst, only the third worst poet in the universe's history
>>
>>582528197
Learn how to talk you stupid fuck. This "Hey look at me I'm a poet!#$!$!1!!!2!#!$" bullshit is ridiculous. For fucks sake I write music that will blow your dick off, but I hardly make that much money off it or get recognition. Why? Because I don't fucking force it on others, I just put it out there and whoever finds it finds it. Stupid fuck. God dammit fuck you people.
>>
By the way, OP, you might want to pit your poetry on the back burner for awhile. I agree that it's not very good, mainly because it seems like it's just a bunch of words thrown together and it doesn't seem to have any kind of flow or cadence to it, but I'm some random dude on the internet.
I don't know, maybe in a few decades, you'll be seen as a genius who none of your contemporaries understood.
>>
>>582529231
You are the only person I have ever seen that I would recommend they change their entire personality. This website is the asshole of the internet and even here nobody likes you. Help me help you. What is your definition of fun?
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 360x244px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 360x244px
>>582530763
Found a pic of op
>>
You guys, I am trying to read everything you are writing and respond but it's taking me a little by storm. instead, here's more poetry. Thank you to the dodgers out there kind enough to holster me up

This is how you live we,longwood pines,the roots of the pine,that rip the soil upinto ragsand lick the poresof water up in August
>>
>>582531335
/thread
>>
No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPd4PTOkUhg
>>
File: scanners4.jpg (59KB, 800x528px) Image search: [Google]
scanners4.jpg
59KB, 800x528px
>>582531493
>>
>>582531269
i told you earlier. get me in a fucking circle k bathroom, slide a finger somewhere naughty, you got a party.
>>
File: image.jpg (15KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
15KB, 274x184px
>>582531493
>>
>>582531870
So you'll have anonymous gay sex in a bathroom, but you won't act like a normal person to make friends? Sounds like you don't want to change.
>>
I love poetry. The way those patrons at my library would devour Robert Jordan is how I devour poetry. "Native Guard" by Natasha Trethewey is to me one of the top 5 greatest works of literature in the past 20 years and I read it all in one day...actually 2 hours. I have the same regard for contemporary poets like Philip Levine, Fred Chappell, Lucille Clifton (who passed away in 2010), and Sharon Olds. I love poetry because I can read into action and images; I can read into brevity and I prefer to read into brevity because brevity can lend itself into arresting moments. My favorite poet of all time is Pablo Neruda and within a line would come a revelation that just knocks you down. One of his lines is better than a 1400 page novel.
>>
>>582532614
DUDE i told YOU!
I am nit gay!
>>
File: image.jpg (86KB, 600x428px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86KB, 600x428px
>>582532656
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 500x622px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 500x622px
>>582532838
>>
I love literature; the reason I embarked upon a life of artistic creativity via writing and other production mechanisms (ie filmmaking, directing on the stage) is because of how much art has helped me discover transcendent moments. My big three are probably everyone else's big three which are moving images (film, tv), music, and literature (creatively and artistic written work). That being said I am unwilling to lumber through fourteen hundred page books. Is that a problem?
>>
File: 40e.png (218KB, 529x383px) Image search: [Google]
40e.png
218KB, 529x383px
>>582532656
>>
>>582532838
That was a joke. You putting this much effort into this makes me think you aren't a troll just a sad man. People don't like you talking down to them, just use normal words. What compels you to be a douche/use words you know nobody knows?
>>
OP is an alien
>>
>>582533357
Hey op let's try something. Pick one of the people taking part in this thread. Ask them a question. Let's see how you react when they respond.
>>
>>582516382
>using retarded vocabulary
>uses self proclaimed "achievements" as if that means people should like you
Yea i have a cousin just like you. You're too worried about yourself and dont pay enough attention to those around you. Plus your stupid vocabulary that most people know but dont have to use to feel smart is just hurting you. You are trying too hard.
>>
>>582534090
ok, what kind
>>
what do you think about the hierarchical decorum of society today
>>
>>582535032
That's the question you pick, jesus. What kind of television shows do you watch?
>>
>>582535032
Tell me about your weekend, OP. Did you do anything fun?
>>
Pretty sure OP is trying to pretend to be the main character from A Confederacy of Dunces.

Nailin' it pretty good, too.
>>
>>582535032
Low quality bait
>>
>>582535356
Many that know me know that I have a very substantial disdain for "Downton Abbey." For me, it is a show that attracts intellectuals but is not intellectual. It's actually the opposite. It is "The OC" essentially, but because the actors have British accents and wears suits and dresses in a manor it has become lumped with the idea of thought provoking. It's not.
>>
>>582535356
I know of several critics of "Downton Abbey," oddly enough mostly British. Simon Schama lamented the lack of accuracy in the show. Accuracy doesn't bother me so much. What bothers me is structure, dialogue, characterization; the mechanics that are at best simplistic and direct (in season 1 particularly) and at worst dreadfully overdramatic as it panders to the basic impulses of its (American) viewers.
>>
>>582535356
By mechanics I refer to how it presents its climactic drama. The show I often compare it with is "Mad Men" which also shows dramatic moments and to the once a time viewer seems soap operatic. I strongly disagree with this critique of "Mad Men" because unlike "Downton Abbey," "Mad Men" has recitative. It has spoken moments, as opposed to just arias.
>>
>>582535356
See, "Downton Abbey" is a show that doesn't relent on dramatic, climactic moments. It's as if one is watching an opera that is all aria. Arias are great and are often transcendent (once again, listen to "Un bel di vedremo") but if there is no recitative the aria is meaningless. An all aria show translated to modern rock music would be like grindcore, like Napalm Death: an onslaught.
>>
>>582535958
he said what kind of tv shows do you WATCH, not have a very substantial disdain for. Jesus you say you love literature but can't even handle basic reading comprehension.

Truly you are an autist of the highest caliber.
>>
>>582535958
>>582536153
>>582536346
What the fuck? I didn't ask how you feel about downton abbey. I said WHAT TELEVISION SHOWS DO YOU LIKE?
>>
>>582535356
This is "Downton Abbey"; it is a grindcore all aria opera. Dramatic and climactic events happen all the damn time on the show. Worst of all is the seemingly random choices the writer (s) make with the death of characters. One character dies of miscarriage; that happens, but is it the right choice? Or killing a character in a car accident? Just because it could happen doesn't mean you should write an event like that.
>>
>>582536548
calm down i'm lying down i am calm. "Mad Men" is better than "Downton Abbey" is really what I'm trying to say.
>>
>>582536695
it seems that you are just so ready to spew out your predisposed pseudo-intellectual criticisms that you literally do not pay attention to other people.. Evidenced in that you've made what, 5 posts already without noticing you're responding incorrectly.

This is concrete proof why you are in the predicament you are in.

Protip: Poetry is about being human. So far you're not doing too good in that area.
>>
>>582516382

Fucking shit!
Somebody shoop that pic for that nigger that got killed and the cop!
You can always shift it horizontaly to make the cops face a better fit
>>
>>582537115
So say that you like Mad Men, without rambling on and on about absolutely nothing. You can say what you like about the show, but don't go off on a tangent about something that wasn't even asked.
>>
>>582516382
>Ex-friends who I'm no longer friends with

Fucking retard
>>
>>582537115
You literally box your self out of society. I just need you to LIST 5 television shows. We have mad men so we just need 4 more. How do you talk to your parent's?
>>
>>582538879
parents*
>>
>>582516382
So, I was a like-minded individual, taken by expressions of expansive and decadent style. At around the age of 12, perhaps 13 I came to a quite startling realisation that appears only now to be dawning on you.

You're talking like a faggot. To explain more thoroughly, language is a tool. You have to understand that while there is a lot of space to do interesting things with language what makes an interesting speaker is efficiency. If you speak efficiently people want to hear what you are saying. That's because, unlike you, people don't want to listen to the sound of your voice. They want to hear the meaning of the words you're saying. Allow me to prove an example:

>>582524182

Allow me to briefly analyse this post. It could do with some editing, some sentences a bit sloppy, but it reads fine. However, this writing style is only appropriate in some situations. Say, a biography. Everything you say should be interesting, that should be the goal. Let's say someone had asked where you grew up. Well, in person or on the phone you would have to be WAAY more brief. You could say almost exactly the same facts, but with gaps for them to respond in, it's important to allow the other party to contribute to the conversation, or you're just monologuing. To cherrypick some details, try this line.
>(at my elementary school I voted for Bob Dole in 1996 and in middle school I voted for George W. Bush in 2000)
Cool story bro. Biography? Interesting tidbit.
4chan? NOBODY CARES.
Make your point. Make your point something interesting. Easy.
>>
>>582539963
OP voted for Bob Dole as a kid---does anyone expect him to NOT be a faggot?
>>
>>582518093
holy shit. Nobody cares about how big your dad's dick is or how many celebrities he has a tenuous connection to. Christ.
>>
>>582518359
if you are going to use an obscure word, use it very precisely. That's the point of the using a word like that, to convey a very precise meaning.

No wonder your poetry sucks, its not the vernacular its the shitty misuse of it.
Thread posts: 157
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.