[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking for a good and reasonably cheap gaming desktop. Tell

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 0084860400595_500X500.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
0084860400595_500X500.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
Looking for a good and reasonably cheap gaming desktop. Tell me what you have or recommend!
>>
Ill bump to that
>>
Bump, really need help. I've gotten nowhere on my own researching
>>
logicalincrements.com

pcpartpicker.com

Start there, and if you can't figure it out, then you wouldn't be able to piece one together anyway.
>>
I need that too
Bump
>>
Use pcpartpicker to find parts if you want to build, they also have bulds you can start with and work your way up, also linus tech tips on youtube is helful as well as http:// www.logicalincrements. com/
>>
>>582443307
great builds think alike
>>582442916
also what graphics card were you thinking?
>>
>>582443307
I personally don't have the time or patients to build one although yes I heard it can be cheaper. I just need a good buy to have and ready for Christmas. I am not much a computer guy but from what I have researched so far, I'm looking for 1TB HDD, around 8GB of RAM, Some kind of i7 Core Processor. Me and my little brother are really into gaming, we want to move from Xbox > PC and are getting lost by all the random numbers there are involved in PC specs. Does anyone see where i'm coming from? I would just love a list of recommendations that anyone could offer. Around $700-1k range?
>>
For a game like Alien: Isolation for example, it looks like it takes a lot to run. And those Recommended specs are exactly what i'm looking for.
>>
>>582444032
Trust me, build your computer it takes an hour if you have no idea what you're doing. If you have your brothers help, it will take 45 minutes. You don't need an I7 for gaming an I5 will work just fine. Only get an I7 if you plan on streaming, or making music/videos/editing. I see where you're coming from but do yourself and your brother a favor and build one. If you follow the guide on logical increments you will have a good pc for a good price, even if you just copy the build directly.
>>
970 in sli
>>
>>582444634
What does it exactly mean by building your own? You order all the parts separately and just put them together? It does sound like a long and stressful process rather than just buying it all together, opening it up and turning it on if you were to order from Bestbuy perhaps. I will definitely look into that site some more, I did already come by it once but my question is, price aside, would buying one from the store come out just as fine as building your own? My little brother also liked the idea of a Touch screen computer but those seem to just be from companies like HP or Lenovo. I really need a lot of in depth help.
>>
>gaming desktop.

Ps4, it's 1000x better than any computer, and only $400

Computers are for work, mine is maxed out for mechanical engineering.

Playing games on computers is okay if you're 10
>>
>>582445817
Your ps4 is a computer, it just does less.
>>
>>582446072
exactly.
>>
>>582445507
Price aside? Yeah, buying one from best buy will work just fine. But its literally as you said. The parts come to you in the mail, and you put it together like you would a Lego set. If you want something pre built with specs like you mentioned then just write the specs down and head to best buy. However, for something with an i7 you'll be looking to pay $1,200-$1,400. When you could build one for $900. They'll also try to sell you a warranty etc. Also, keep in mind that those kids at best buy do it to pay for school, they don't care whether you get screwed or not.
>>
>>582445817
Never been a fan of playstation, I've really been wanting to get into using Steam most of all.
>>
>>582445817
fellow ME here

tell me about your computer and what program does the largest draw on it

Solidworks and Autodesk run just fine for me, games run it harder than that shit.

what r u using thats stressing your computer
>>
>>582446897
nothing stresses it, that's why I set it up.
>>
>>582446545
Yeah I know a lot about how they try to rip you off at best buy, been through that so many times, but ultimately if that money saved me the trouble and it was just a 1 time payment to let me on my way, I wouldn't mind it. Say I went to order and to build my own, I see the specs for what I think at least are the inside of the computer but then don't I need to then buy the computer "shell"? A monitor? Mouse keyboard and all that extra stuff on my own?

I don't think i7 is nessary for me, when I plan to game i'm only going to have that game open and nothing else, the laptop I use only has "Intel(R) Core (TM) i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz" Whatever that means... and even with that, when I first bought it, I could almost play games on Steam.
>>
>>582447051
what are your'e specs exactly? because they cant be that good if you think a console can handle games better.
>>
File: 1416667709967.jpg (29KB, 527x600px) Image search: [Google]
1416667709967.jpg
29KB, 527x600px
>>582446072
>>582446524
Yall missed his point
>>
>>582442916
ibuypowerdotcom bought a game rig from them back in 07. It was a beast then, still pretty good now. Only spent a couple hundred more than building myself and got a tweaked and benchmarked monster in the mail. Check them out
>>
Built mine with around about 800 just for the tower. Monitor and peripherals costed about 300 more.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit ($80)

Intel Core i5 Cpu [email protected] 4 core ($120 years ago idk now)

8 Gigs of ram ($90)

Nvdidia GeForce GTX Ti Oc Version ($130)

Samsung 840 Evo Ssd 128GB ($120)

Western Digital Cavier Blue 1.5 TB @ 7200 RPM ($80)

850W Power Supply with 80 PLUS Silver Certification (150)

GIGABYTE GA-H55M-UD2H LGA 1156 ($110 years ago)

Runs everything I can throw at it just fine.
>>
>>582448503
Yeah that's the computer I found sold on bestbuy. I'd like to think I should stick to a store you can walk into if you have questions rather than just a website you order from, but what do you think?
>>
>>582447617
You'd have to buy a monitor anyway, that price range I gave you would be for just the computer itself, not the peripherals. You can order those on that website I linked as well. I'm just being honest here man, building one takes an hour, and it will save you $400. If you build one with an i5 you could get your price range down to $700-$800 if you built it. I included the computer case as well, it factors it in as part of your build. Go to YouTube and look up "how to build a computer" and watch part 2 by NewEgg. It takes that guy 45 minutes to build 2 computers while explaining everything. It's a very simple process, everything just snaps into place and you use a few screws.
>>
>>582448842
oh and http://www.nzxt.com/product/detail/110-lexa-s-case.html as my case.
>>
>>582448842
I like seeing that you have Windows 7 with those great Specs. Although I completely lost you after the ram. It's sad that I'm on my computer 16 hours a day and still don't know a thing about them.
>>
File: dell_inspiron_15_5547_1_neu.jpg (256KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
dell_inspiron_15_5547_1_neu.jpg
256KB, 800x800px
I just got a Dell Inspiron something, with 8GB RAM, touchscreen, i5-4210u, windows 8.1 and a 1TB HDD (which Im switching out with a 480GB SSD)
It runs games at low-medium settings, will the SSD help speed up some loading or is it restricted by the SATA cable or something?
Also did I do alright? I want a desktop but dont have the money for it right now
>>
>>582449436
its what's used to run applications, say you have a browser open or another application it all takes up processing and shit, Random Access Memory is what determines how many you can have open and how well you can run them, but RAM doesn't store data like normal memory
>>
>>582449436
Well anything 650 and above from nvidia is pretty good. Sometimes they have sales. Ram is just how fast the computer can operate...i think.

uuhh I have the Solid state drive to put my windows on so atm i have 64 second boot up, as compared if you were to put it on a regular disk drive at 7200 rpms ( how fast it spins to pull up info) would boot up the pc in like 3-5 minutes.

>>582450384 uh you well ssd's and laptop disk drives are about the same size at 2.5 inches so there shouldnt be a problem...

and ssds really help when booting up the pc, accessing large programs and if you are into gaming faster loading screens and among other loading related thingy ma-jigs.
>>
>>582449068
Thank you for all your help I will definitely be considering building my own now, i'm guessing you built yours too. As my last question what Specs did you chose or did we already establish that? If you think the site will tell me nevermind that. I heard somewhere that it's good to have a "balance" between your processor and your CPU and they relate in helping your performance? Anything you can note on that?
>>
>>582442916
I bought the 600 dollar HP pavilion at Best Buy. Works great and I haven't not been able to play a game I've wanted to yet.
>>
>>582442916
Hold on OP, I'm building you the best, affordable PC, give me a few mins
>>
>>582442916
Why not buy the steam machines?
>>
>>582450830
proccessor and CPU are the same thing, a GPU or grahpics card is also a proceesor however but only for the graphics y'know. but you need a stable combination or otherwise the system will bottleneck and be shit, just don't spend less on one an too much on the other and you should be ok, its a big problem with first time buyers they buy a £200 GPU but don't have enough CPU power because they havent thoughtabout or understand the fucking balance man.
>>582451486
not really wurth atm
>>
>>582450880
Will check it out thanks

>>582451223
Would love to see that thank you!
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.