[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey! Have you heard? You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 11

Hey! Have you heard?
You, your joys and your sorrows, your memories and your ambitions, your sense of personal identity and free will, are in fact no more than the behavior of a vast assembly of nerve cells and their associated molecules.
The mind is what the brain does. The 'soul' does not survive the death of the brain.
We are, in fact, stardust. Our atoms were born in the hearts of stars and when they went supernova, they released the building blocks of you and me. These blocks eventually came together into patterns that replicate themselves in the environment. Through imperfect replication and natural selection, these patterns evolved to become us and everything which we say is 'alive.' We are in this universe, part of this universe, and we are a way for the universe to know itself.
In this sense, our 'soul,' 'essence,' or 'being' is nothing but the shape of atoms, something which cannot survive death until computing technology advances. But I believe that we will get there. Many people fear the matrix, yet I believe that it's our one true shot at 'heaven' and a certain degree of immortality.
>>
atheism=autism
>>
File: 1408670833886.png (238KB, 493x402px) Image search: [Google]
1408670833886.png
238KB, 493x402px
bump
>>
File: chill science dude.png (121KB, 550x600px) Image search: [Google]
chill science dude.png
121KB, 550x600px
bump for interest
>>
Actually if you consider that time is a dimension, everything you are is being recorded, moment by moment, in the dimension we call "time".

You exist forever. Whether this translates into anything like continuing life in a higher dimension is only speculation but the fact that you have been recorded in Time is simple fact. From a higher dimension, this person that you are exists forever.
>>
So tell us oh wise newfag, where did the stardust come from? Even an autist such as yourself knows something can't come from nothing. Please kill yourself to test your theory
>>
Caught deep inside the Maya, go on and find out.
>>
>>581760365
But how can what I am in time persist in making meaningful impacts as time progresses.

"Matrix Heaven" allows that
>>
File: 1416348515466.jpg (305KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1416348515466.jpg
305KB, 600x800px
bump for more wisdom from the philosophers at /b/
>>
But energy always gets recycled into something else ..
>>
>>581759326
if our consciousness, and if all we are is energy, is us wouldn't it stand to reason that we would exist after our physical selves died? I'm not saying there's any proof, and I'm not claiming to be a scientist be any means. But I always hear people comparing our consciousness and our bodies to a computer and its memory. Well you can save a computer's memory after the machine itself stops working... again, I am not claiming to be a scientist or whatever... i have my own beliefs on theology (I'm a follower of Christ).
>>
File: 1384974675450.jpg (60KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1384974675450.jpg
60KB, 400x400px
there is a happiness beyond everything. the idea is to find your real happiness. to find out what is real happiness. but its unconditioned. it has nothing to do with person, place or thing. happiness is your real nature. you are happiness. happiness is another word for you. but its unconditioned. its not replacing good for bad or bad for good. it has nothing to do with those. those are relative terms. happiness is another word for absolute reality, for consciousness, for ultimate oneness, for pure awareness. thats synonymous with happiness. and its omnipresence. so when you have the real happiness, you see it in the world, because the world becomes yourself. and there is non other that your self that exists.
>>
File: 54554783.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
54554783.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>
>>581762305
"for whom is the mind?"

you can catch yourself thinking, [mindfully] catch yourself by observing, being aware your thinking, becoming the witness to thinking, or keeping asking to whom do these thoughts come.

when you know you are not the body or the ego, then everything happens spontaneously.
you cannot cease all thoughts. thats impossible. its the identification with them. thoughts arise, you see it and act or dont. that's it. theres no room for ego when acting in pure spontaneity.
>>
File: those digits.jpg (16KB, 418x398px) Image search: [Google]
those digits.jpg
16KB, 418x398px
>mfw billions of years have passed as this earth formed, and we have only lived on it for a tiny portion of it's existence
>mfw all life is just a form of complicated chemistry, with organic compounds that create the coding and instructions for our basic physical appearance and ability to do things, our DNA.
>>
>>581763210
>mfw it could possibly be more complicated than that
>>
>>581763345
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V43t_S7VGJA
>>
>>581763345
>it can
>>
File: image.jpg (194KB, 474x696px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
194KB, 474x696px
Hey don't forget, it's called "get with the program" for a reason. You're already in buddy, you're just going from big oak to bonsai by uploading the human canon into the computer.
>>
>something which cannot survive death
Implying this is true
>>
>>581763553
lul
>>
File: 1416838298900.png (647KB, 1088x999px) Image search: [Google]
1416838298900.png
647KB, 1088x999px
Explain ghosts
>>
File: meme5.jpg (34KB, 474x313px) Image search: [Google]
meme5.jpg
34KB, 474x313px
>>581759326
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 426x266px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 426x266px
>>581763210

Chemicals are just an understanding of interaction. They aren't real per se. Like the pixels in the screen appear as an image but are really a formless substance waiting to be conducted into existence. The human condition is a fickle thing to define but I feel most at home with the metaphor of the console: being one with everything is like a playable character being one with its operating system, the operating system is vast and enormously complex compared to the individual player and yet that player interacting with the environment is the fullest culmination of the operating system.

At the end of the day only your existence is verifiable in the cage and your daily programming is hyper necessary I can go into the flow of experience and it's necessary clockwork to forming a cosmic entity but you know it's a lot of hippi dippy psychobabble for the inner mckenna in you.
>>
>>581764015
Ghosts are manifestations in the material sphere created by consciousness in the sphere of influence. The universe itself is pure consciousness, every atom is a resonance.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.