[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the meaning of life, /b/?

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 10

File: 1399867456771.png (184KB, 421x427px) Image search: [Google]
1399867456771.png
184KB, 421x427px
What is the meaning of life, /b/?
>>
It's completely meaningless op.
>>
plastic
>>
>>
File: 190.jpg (30KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
190.jpg
30KB, 474x595px
this
>>
>>
>>581364792
Life doesn't look like it has any meaning other than evolutionary reasons, we're basically the product of evolution and we're built on these basis, it means that we're here just to reproduce ourselves so that our D.N.A. can change overtime and that's because we're also designed to die so that it can change and we can evolve, our individuality is of no importance to the process of evolution. We don't know yet what is "beyond" the universe or what there was "before" but the only thing that could ever hope of giving us an answer is science. Leave aside myths, the supernatural and all those fairy tales that originated from very primitive people, you have to start to think rationally to see reality as it really is.

In the end, that's the real meaning of our lives... BUT... our intellect transcended that, we're not like the other animals. We're a special kind of animal, an intelligent one, with self-awareness, consciousness, and that means we can actually give our lives meaning. For the first time, a living being can actually decide its own meaning and the reason for his own actions, thanks to our intelligence and not because of pre-programmed instincts. Now, thanks to more and more people deciding to throw away childish things like gods, spirits and other spooky stuff. Now, our society is going towards another direction called technological evolution.
>continued
>>
>>581365807
Us humans are a curious species and we seek knowledge of everything. We want to know the whats, the hows and whys, we seek answers for everything in our universe and that's a path humanity took not a long time ago. Over years, we'll start to understand more about our universe and the meaning behind everything. We figured out that the thunders do not come from a god, that the fire is not a spirit or any other kind of entity but a simple chemical process, also our brains have chemical reactions and the concepts of hate, love and the other emotions are finally clear but people used to think those things were all magical stuff.

The meaning I found in this life is that knowledge is great and i feel like wanting to know more about everything, every time. I also think that humanity has A LOT of potential and it must not go to waste, we must stay united and seek to do good unto others. We must continue to advance in politics, ethics, morality and everything that can benefit our entire world and for humanity. We should always try to reach the Utopia, because even if it seems impossible now, it will be possible one day as all of this, our current society and modern culture would have been an Utopia for the people from 500 years ago.
>moar
>>
>>581365914
>>581365807
Look at all those meanings which i mostly agree with:

To realize one's potential and ideals
To chase dreams.
To live one's dreams.
To spend it for something that will outlast it.
To matter: to count, to stand for something, to have made some difference that you lived at all.
To expand one's potential in life.
To become the person you've always wanted to be.
To become the best version of yourself.
To seek happiness and flourish.
To be a true authentic human being.
To be able to put the whole of oneself into one's feelings, one's work, one's beliefs.
To follow or submit to our destiny.
To achieve eudaimonia, a flourishing of human spirit.
To achieve biological perfection
To survive, that is, to live as long as possible,including pursuit of immortality (through scientific means). (Yes, i'm a transhumanist so i also agree with this one and the one below :) )
To live forever or die trying.
To adapt. Often to improve one's chances of success in another purpose; sometimes, as a purpose in itself (adapting to adapt).
To evolve.
To replicate, to reproduce. "The 'dream' of every cell is to become two cells." ( I find this one a bit depressing because it's the real and objective meaning of life, every life form is basically born for this and it's undeniable, but we're humans and we can do way more :) )

To seek wisdom and knowledge
To expand one's perception of the world.
To follow the clues and walk out the exit.
To learn as many things as possible in life.
To know as much as possible about as many things as possible.
To seek wisdom and knowledge and to tame the mind, as to avoid suffering caused by ignorance and find happiness.
To face our fears and accept the lessons life offers us.
To find the meaning or purpose of life.
To find a reason to live.
To resolve the imbalance of the mind by understanding the nature of reality.
>>
>>581364792
COCK
>>
>>581365385
I have my answer
>>
>>581366101
>>581365914
>>581365807
To do good, to do the right thing
To leave the world as a better place than you found it.
To do your best to leave every situation better than you found it.
To benefit others.
To give more than you take.
To end suffering.
To create equality.
To challenge oppression.
To distribute wealth.
To be generous.
To contribute to the well-being and spirit of others.
To help others,[3][182] to help one another.
To take every chance to help another while on your journey here.
To be creative and innovative.
To forgive.
To accept and forgive human flaws.
To be emotionally sincere.
To be responsible.
To be honorable.
To seek peace.

I don't like organized religion. I do however identify with the Buddhist philosophy but yet I don’t follow it’s spiritual teachings, but I do feel like there is something that is hard to explain that exists. Maybe a God? I hate magical thinking but I’m also for freedom, everyone has the right to believe whatever they want so I'll also include religious meaning:
>>
>>581366235
>>581366101
>>581365914
Meanings relating to religion
To reach the highest heaven and be at the heart of the Divine.
To have a pure soul and experience God.
To understand the mystery of God.
To know or attain union with God.
To know oneself, know others, and know the will of heaven.
To love something bigger, greater, and beyond ourselves, something we did not create or have the power to create, something intangible and made holy by our very belief in it.
To love God and all of his creations.
To glorify God by enjoying him forever.
To go and make new disciples of Jesus Christ.
To act justly, love mercy, and walk humbly with your God.
To be fruitful and multiply. (Genesis 1:28)
To obtain freedom (Romans 8:20-21)
To fill the Earth and subdue it. (Genesis 1:28)

Or:

To love, to feel, to enjoy the act of living
To love more.
To love those who mean the most. Every life you touch will touch you back.
To treasure every enjoyable sensation one has.
To seek beauty in all its forms.
To have fun or enjoy life.
To seek pleasure and avoid pain.
To be compassionate.
To be moved by the tears and pain of others, and try to help them out of love and compassion.
To love others as best we possibly can.
To eat, drink, and be merry.

To have power, to be better
To strive for power and superiority.
To rule the world.
To know and master the world.
To know and master nature.

There's also another side:

Life has no meaning
Life or human existence has no real meaning or purpose because human existence occurred out of a random chance in nature, and anything that exists by chance has no intended purpose.
Life has no meaning, but as humans we try to associate a meaning or purpose so we can justify our existence.
There is no point in life, and that is exactly what makes it so special. =)
>>
>>581366487
>>581366235
>>581366101
>>581365914
Or:

One should not seek to know and understand the meaning of life
The answer to the meaning of life is too profound to be known and understood.
You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
The meaning of life is to forget about the search for the meaning of life.
Ultimately, man should not ask what the meaning of his life is, but rather must recognize that it is he who is asked. In a word, each man is questioned by life; and he can only answer to life by answering for his own life; to life he can only respond by being responsible.

Finally:

Life is bad
Life is a bitch, and then you die.
Better never to have been.

In the end, it's up to you if you want to give it meaning or not. It's you who decides but that doesn't mean the meaning you'll give to life is worthless because it doesn't come from something outside, that doesn't matter. If you decide it has that meaning then for you it has. A meaning can be both created, changed or destroyed.
>drawings are by Caleb Thomas my favorite artist.
>>
>>581366750
I wrote this for a reading assignment a few months ago when I was still in high school. I like to use it every now and then when topics like this come up.
>>
>>581364792
like bags of sand
>>
>>581366750

wow, 10/10
>>
>>581367176
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.