[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Show your support for the most important human being of our time

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (12KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12KB, 200x200px
Show your support for the most important human being of our time who is working to solve the most important problem in the world.

Ladies and gentlemen, show your support for the genius, Dr Aubrey De Grey PhD
>>
Fuck yeah!
>>
>>579399114
You are a great human being
>>
I get google updates about his work. The things he's working on are the most important field of biology and probably the brightest thing for humanity better itself with.
>>
>>579397707
he's tring to solve how to fuck cute girls when you look like a sheepdogs ass?
good for him
>>
>>579399503
lol no he's working on how to look and feel whatever age you want for as long as you want to live.
>>
>>579397707
agreed

keep this thread alive, transhumanists brahs
>>
>>579397707

>working to solve the most important problem in the world

You mean working to bring about a Malthusian crisis? I hope he fails.
>>
Has anyone seen the Immortalists yet, was it any good?
>>
>>579399980
Common malthusianism has been proved time and time again throughout the ages to be based upon flawed concepts which fail to consider the human races outstanding ability to deal with change through progression. You fail to consider and recognise that with change also comes change. The whole resource & population argument against anti-aging research is an extremely ignorant form of bio-conservative thinking based upon fear of the unknown and has been debunked many times by people who are able to think about thing rationally and not just jump into making rash assumptions.

Would you have postponed the Industrial age based upon your fears? Probably. And in hindsight you would have the the human race a huge disservice.

What Aubrey is trying the achieve is beautiful. It is the next and most important step for mankind.
>>
>>579400103
I don't it's already out
>>
\O/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDlVY8iLCek
>>
>>579399887
This is the key. Aubreys goal... our goal... requires exposure. Through exposure will come funding which will push things forward. Let Aubrey and co do the articulating.

It is our job to spread the message and break man kind free from its pro-aging trance.
>>
>>579399478
Well said. He did an interview recently with some news channel. A year ago the news wouldn't have touched him, this is a clear example of how Aubreys ideas are becoming more and more accretion among people, which is of course great news.
>>
>>579400993
you know what I hate? If some rich folk (those bill gates tier guys) could just spend 1% of his money on this, we would be set for the next 10 years of research.

We must, somehow, as a community, reach one of those fuckers and convince him. Just like Ray Kurzweil did at Google.
>>
>>579400103
Can't wait to see that. The other scientist in the immortalists is even more optimistic than Aubrey in regards to when he think we will be able to reap the rewards from anti-aging research. He reckons within around a decade we will be able to benefit somewhat. Aubrey generally states 20-25 years as a predicted timeframe.

It's all up to is really, the more we push these ideas and expose them the sooner things will happen. It is largely our responsibility. So act.
>>
>>579400782
>with change also comes change

And that's the point. Some change, if it happens too fast, may not be worth the price we pay. The invention of the printing press / gunpowder led directly to death of over a third of Europe's population. I'm no luddite -- it simply makes sense to ponder the implications of pursuing a given technology rather than rush headlong into global disaster in the name of "progress".
>>
>>579401704
Not to detract into a political thread but with a direct democracy in place in society things like this would be quite easily funded and nobody would have to beg the Plutocrats for handouts.
>>
>>579401704
I know, I know it's very frustrating. It would be great to convince one of these
billionaires of the benefits to this area of research.

One of the reasons that many billionaires won't touch this stuff is because of the general publics outlook towards Aubreys goals, which is getting better but is largely negative and based upon assumptions that ageing is totally necessary and an eternal reality. These billionaires don't want to risk their reputation.

Which enforces the fact that our responsibility as the public is to dispel the myths surrounding gerentology and educate out fellow men of the vast benefits that it could generate. Perhaps then the billionaires would be more receptive.
>>
>>579397707
>Dr Aubrey De Grey PhD

Saw his TED talk a few years back. He's a weirdo.
>>
Immortality arriving at thé same time antibiotics become useless.
Would be hilarious indeed
>>
>>579402508

Anyone who isn't a weirdo is most likely a waste of oxygen.
>>
>>579402045
With respect, any problems that may occur as a result of Aubrey's goals being realised would pale into insignificance when compared to the 100's of thousands of people that would be saved each day. The population issues would actually be fairly straightforward to deal with (and we would actually have years upon years to deal with them before they could have any negative impact upon resources etc)

So again I appreciate your bioconservatism, but in reality we are well equipped to deal with the change both in ability and timeframe.
>>
File: Gaben.gif (2MB, 480x292px) Image search: [Google]
Gaben.gif
2MB, 480x292px
You guys are all 'bisexual' virgin betas who spend every hour of every day wanting to kill themselves and then suddenly you're praising a guy who will make you live forever.

Perfect logic!
>>
>>579402819
Aubrey's goals are not about immortality whatsoever. They are health related. They are about ending the suffering associated with ageing due to loss of cognitive and physical ability. Of course longer life expectancy would be a side effect, but that would not make us immortal per se.

It is an important distinction to make. This is not about immortality.

With regards to antibiotics, Aubreys work is about reversing and postponing the damage that accumulates through ageing. We would still be very much vulnerable to viruses and anti bionics would still have an extremely important role to play in our health.
>>
Huzzah!
>>
>>579403449
>some strange assumption you just did

>Perfect logic!

okay.
>>
>>579399980

Lol, implying a greater proportion of people now die of starvation than in the dark ages when life expectancy was 1/3 as much

I'd rather have a resource shortage in a world full of people with 100 years of education than one full of religious fags and teen girls that defend boy bands on vevo channels
>>
Dr Aubrey De Grey has said that it would take about a billion dollars to reverse aging within our lifetime. Google just invested 1.5 billion dollars in towards research that will slow, stop, or reverse aging. Looks like we'll be around for a while.
>>
>>579403659

Telling me I'm assuming you're

'bisexual' virgin beta

here on 4chan, after you've proven yourself to be one repeatedly every time you talk

is exactly why youre a

'bisexual' virgin beta
>>
>>579403791
That's not what he said. He said that coming to the point where they can show the feasibility of the thing will require 1 billion. Aging is more complex than cancer, eradicating it will require hundreds (but more likely THOUSANDS) of billions of dollars.

But we need to get the ball rolling, and that's the billion he was talking about.
>>
>>579403791
>>579403661
>>579403531
>>579403108
>>579402926
>>579402508
>>579402505
>>579402282

People die because of cell division

You can't stop cell division

Your move faggots
>>
>>579403791
I don't recall Aubrey ever having said that, but you may be right.

And yes, Google Calico is definitely very interesting and yet another example of things being gradually taken more seriously. I was very happy to hear about Calico last year.
>>
>>579403945
Learn to troll or make an argument, I still don't get what your slowed brain is trying to communicate.
>>
>>579404194

I'm top percentile IQ

BOOM HEADSHOT QUEERFLAKE
>>
>>579404087

Not only can you stop cell division, but cell division is only a problem because DNA replication isn't perfect and proteins also fail to be recycled as efficiently over time

Find a chemical solution for these problems and ta da
>>
File: 1399761043124.jpg (40KB, 355x417px) Image search: [Google]
1399761043124.jpg
40KB, 355x417px
>>579404151

>tfw i will be shitpostin on 4chan the next 10.000 years
>>
>>579404409

You have no idea what you're talking about do you?
>>
>>579402926
>Ken Robinson
>Simon Sinek
>Barry Schwartz
>Dan Pinkerton

These dude aren't weird and accomplish much more in their 22 minutes then Faggy Beardlong McBritbong
>>
>>579403449
Oh the irony, right?

Truth is quality of life is usually disproportionate to age. This is the older you get, the less you enjoy living, in most cases anyway
>>
>>579404604

Anyone who ever accomplished anything is weird

Being different implies being weird

Accomplishing things implies being different
>>
>>579404769

Irony doesn't mean opposites in case you ever try using that word with me again. Your follow up statement is some generic conclusion you yourself made so I don't know where you're going
>>
>>579403661
More people starve now because we have more people yet proportionally less food production. Living longer will only make things worse. It's obvious you're speaking out your ass, though. Otherwise, you would have known the life expectancy of humans has been about the same for our whole existence. That bullshit statistic is only around because that was the AVERAGE lifespan in a world were 50% of infants died from disease before they hit 5.
>>
>>579404087
Please don't talk about biology when you obviously know very little.

Death relating to ageing entails seven categories of ageing, cell division is but one.

I assume by cell devision you are referring to the risks associated with cells with DNA mutation from dividing resulting in cancer? The obvious strategy to combatting this one division of ageing is through immune system stimulation or WILT which is based upon telemorase shutdown, the obvious draw backs with this would be tackled through restoring the bodies stem cells.
>>
>>579405080
>Otherwise, you would have known the life expectancy of humans has been about the same for our whole existence.
Yup it only doubled in the past few years because of the cut in infant mortality
>>
>>579405189
>Please don't talk about biology when you obviously know very little.

I seem to know more than you if biology is where you want to take this

You die because of cell division

You cant stop cell division

Response:
>You dun know

Shut up nigger. Get out of this thread.
>>
Just because you follow shit like this doesn't make you smarter by association. Go back to reddit so you can jack off in the mirror from the upvotes you get from all the other wannabe intellectuals
>>
For the newfaggs out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL3DW6-xzLc
>>
>>579405449
>Just because you follow shit like this doesn't make you smarter by association. Go back to reddit so you can jack off in the mirror from the upvotes you get from all the other wannabe intellectuals

WOW

This is exactly what they're doing. You put your finger on it. I said a few basic facts and suddenly I'm told I'm slow mentally and I don't know about biology.

They themselves have absolutely no knowledge or intelligence but are using this guy to pretend they do.

I might have head shoted that one guy, but you just destroyed their entire team with one bullet
>>
>>579405370
I just responded to you with how we can stop cell division though. :-S

You are under the illusion probably based upon poor education that cell diction is the one area that results in ageing and that it can not be stopped? Extremely ignorant claims.

You really don't know what you are talking about.
>>
For the newfags out there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXJzvo0Jekc
>>
>Dr Name Ph.D.

Yer' a dummy OP. And he's a crackpot lol.
>>
>>579405771
yeah you're way more believable
>>
>>579405771
The only crackpots are the people drowning in their pro-ageing trace under the illusion that ageing is to be an eternal reality which cannot be stopped and who fail to see the beauty is the kind of future that Aubrey is seeking to create.
>>
>>579405678
>I just responded to you with

Just fuck off you stupid queer

>>579405771
>>579405872

How is this guy not a crackpot? His name is Aubrey so he harbors a deep resentment for his fellow man. His last name is De Grey and immediately when you see his face he has a beard like he was in Dungeons and Dragons.

His 'cure' for aging involves a billion dollars.

He couldn't think of a more reasonable proposition to scam people out of their money like cancer and leukemia and obesity.
>>
>>579397707

Aubrey FTW!
>>
>>579406059
You are such an obvious massive twat. You are really, really ignorent.

I mean really.
>>
>>579406245
I'm on your side anon, but it's ignorant* lol :3
gl m8, aubrey is life.
>>
>>579406245
>You are such an obvious massive twat.

Just fuck off queer.

I'm educated, intelligent, you're pretending to be both those things while using attempts at upsetting males as your argument.

Your life is trash. Literally.

I'm what you wanted to be when you crawled out of a vagina.
>>
>>579406059
Do you like to talk out of your ass? Because that's what you're doing. He comes from a rich family and donated pretty much all of his money too ($13 millions) to SENS, which is a non-profit organization. He could have lived comfortably with that money, but he decided to take action.
>>
>>579405872
>>579405995
This is why he is a crackpot:
http://scholar.google.com/scholar?as_ylo=2013&q=author:%22Aubrey+de+Grey%22&hl=en&as_sdt=0,5

All his papers in past two years are published in a single journal called "Rejuvenation Research" where he is, surprise surprise, the fucking editor in chief. He publishes his shit in his own little journal and completely bypasses peer-review, the cornerstone of modern science.

He's a crackpot and you are delusional.
>>
Avoid the Anti-Social trolls.
>>
>>579397707
Do you understand it's redundant to write "Dr" right before you wrote PhD?
>>
>>579406554
>Do you like to talk out of your ass?

Didn't read go gobble on somebody elses nut ya fuckin fruit

>>579406707
>Avoid the Anti-Social trolls.

The anti social trolls are the driving force behind this thread. So no, I'm now falling in on myself so you can be right once in your life.
>>
>>579406694
Oh and it gets better. The whole publisher, Mary Ann Liebert, is some sort crackpot pay-to-publish incubator with tons and tons of retractions
http://retractionwatch.com/category/by-publisher/mary-ann-liebert/
>>
I'm spooked by the idea of immortality. In the USA most people are mentally ill before 30.
Maybe apply this to Europe only?
>>
Bump for the sake of humanity
>>
>>579407174
>Do you like to talk out of your ass?
>Didn't read go gobble on somebody elses nut ya fuckin fruit

How about writing "I can't reply properly so I'm acting like a retarded ;D" instead?
>>
>>579407319
>>579407393

Lifespans can at most only be extended by about 40 years
>>
>>579397707
Polyamory and a beer diet, throw in a wizard beer and the fact he doesnt look a day over thirty... Whats not to like about this guy?
>>
>>579407471
>How about writing "I can't reply properly so I'm acting like a retarded ;D" instead?

Okay that works

Me telling you youre a fucking tard is one thing but you admitting you are is a whole other ball game
>>
>>579407319
Thankfully, due to the principles of neuroplasticity, mental illness can be treated with the proper treatments, improved environments, and enough time.
>>
>>579407858
you must be either 12 or mentally handicapped
>>
>>579407952

Americans are mentally ill because they dont have access to health care, education, diet, exercise and the only nutrients they've ever had have been high fructose corn syrup, fluoride in their water and aspartame in their 'food'

The fuck are you going to reverse

>>579408046
>you must be either 12 or mentally handicapped

Yeah faggot you just hand out mental disabilities to people online thats how it works

Dont ever try heterosexuals you stupid shit
>>
This threads being archived for posterity.
http://4archive.org/b/thread/579397707
>>
>>579408368
Top man
>>
>>579397707
I hope he succed! how wonderfoul would be to lurk the same threads for 1000 years?
>>
>>579397707
THAT HOMOSEX WHEN ADVANCED PHDs IN IMMORTALITY ARE HERE BY REVOKED, ONLY TO BE REPLACED WITH ASS. DEGREES IN WASTING TIEM

ALSO DR GRAYYY IS KNOWN FELON AND WILLING TO COMMIT high LARCENY WITHOUT CONCENT OR LICENSURE

NIGGERS BETTA RECOGNIZE
>>
>>579409193
Imagine, haha
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.