[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please can someone have a decent answer for me. I want something

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: so_close.gif (2MB, 230x134px) Image search: [Google]
so_close.gif
2MB, 230x134px
Please can someone have a decent answer for me. I want something philosophical and logical.

Why do we try so hard at life, what is the point of it all why can't people just live and then die without being so fucking self-centered and caring and arrogant.
Why the fuck are people so noisy and pround of their values and opinions. Opinions don't affect facts they don't matter. Believes aren't real thats the reason they're called believes.
How ever rich, powerfull, famous or superior you can get none of it will follow you into your grave, it will all die with you. Everything we hold dear is nothing but a multitude of philosophical concepts entirely man-made, whether it is money, love, hobbies, work, education and even health, none of it matters everything leads to the same ending so what is it whith people and their passionate hearts for illogical concepts? Why do we try so hard not to actually live.
>>
>>579337763
its a circle dude, just look at you i mean, lols hoomans.
>>
Pic related. Basically what life os in a few frames, from birth to death. What ever this guy was doing in his truck it's all worth less now
>>
>>579337763
Dat sweet poon-tang
>>
>>579337763
Everybody acts upon those things they desire and their beliefs because that's their view on life. That's what they consider living. They're not trying to not live life, they're living however they can. It's what all of us do, and it's really only relevant to yourself. Life matters to you, and is relevant to you. You don't have to give a shit about anything else if you don't want to. Cuz it's your life.
>>
some people have left their mark in history, so some things will follow you into your grave.
>>
Self interest. Selfish genes. This is why capitalism is the best -ism.
>>
Some people want to leave a mark, some people want to show off, others dont care.

Honestly i just want to be comfortable and not have to worry about anything but thats still an almost impossible dream no matter how hard i work for it.
>>
>>579337914
I feel like the circle is pretty much complete right now humans have everything they need at hand, humanity isn't close to it's end. The only thing stopping people from being at peace is money and the inequality that our system requires for success. We live in a world where your well being must come from someone's faillings and pain which is completely unnecessary.
>>
Well there is one simply answer to that.
We just don't want to be forgotten like anyone else...
We just want our death to be front page news.

Another answer is that we want to be better then everyone around us. That thought is created by free economy.

So b proof me wrong, but I think I'm pretty close.
>>
>>579338208
Yea but no, you have to give a shit, really not giving a shit makes you an emotionless psychopath and it is badly seen in our society. People dont let other people live their lives as they want to, there are norms and concepts that apply to everyone and that have to be followed if you to be socially acceptable
>>
File: ss (2014-07-12 at 08.44.41).jpg (89KB, 606x869px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-07-12 at 08.44.41).jpg
89KB, 606x869px
>>579338217
>>579338541
>>579338907
Yes you can leave a mark. But it wont matter to you since you will be no more. And marks are always beeing left and forgotten they are of no real use other than the importance that we give them. The fact that people want to leave a mark in history is another useless concept that doesn't really make sence when look at in a neutral point of view
>>
A full understanding of human evolution, including what we know about psychological evolution, will give you a pretty good understanding of why we think, feel and behave the way we do.

To sum it all up though, I'd say that we are all selfish. I ridicule people over their selfishness and beliefs but then feel sad about my ex leaving me or whatever nonsense; that's an act of selfishness. Read Richard Dawkins' 'The Selfish Gene', in which he explain what selfishness really is, and how it actually relates to altruism; we're all altruistic as well.

So the question that is often asked is: which one are you? Which one are we as humanity? Selfish or altruistic. But the answer makes the question irrelevant because, as you'll learn in Dawkins' book, selfishness and altruism are the same thing as far as the rest of reality is concerned. That's a hard concept to grasp, but his whole book makes a good run at explaining it; I'm just trying to give you some insight.
>>
>>579337763
Life is an endless cycle..things that your father did you will end up doing and so will your children day in and out life is nothing more than a joke.
PS. from annnie with love <3
>>
>>579338520
It is far from the best, even not close to good. it is nothing more that what we have and we're not changing it even if its based on the failures of the majority for the success of the few. There is no valuable reason for why we are keeping this system in place other than laziness. It's easier to keep a broken light bulb and live in the dark than re-inventing electricity.
>>
>>579339628
The longer and unfunniest jokes that was ever made at that
>>
>>579339590

You are right there, if you look from a natural point of view. But that is just it.
Believes, love, remembering someone, that is what makes us human. We don't think from a natural point of view. We think of ourselves like we are for the greater good. But we are not, we are just a dot in the universe, waiting for a komet to destroy us.
But in the meanwhile we just enjoy, being edgy self centre assholes. Because who cares, we will die anyway. So let's make te best out of it
>>
>>579339613
I have noted your recommendation and I will buy the book. I have read alot about the nature of human being which is really split in half, some think we are naturally and instinctively good and others think we are selfish and everything we do somehow is related to selfishness. Both theories are extremely well explained and have great examples that makes both believable. The rest i guess is a matter of opinion, which is all it is in the end, opinions that have no real impact on the material world.
>>
Oke, yes i know Read Richard Dawkins' 'The Selfish Gene', is a popular way of thinking now. But also his POV has allready be profen some what falls. Like all things the truth is sowhere in the middle. Yes we are what we are since that has been the best evolutior (biological) autocome. But even with in this frame, there is still alot of genetic diversity. Beside that, people are not just selfish, we are also social.
An easy example is Team-Sport, we are drivenby the concurence of our team mates and opponent, but still we realise that in a team 1+1 > 2. And that counts for allmost all aspects of life.
>>
>>579340571
Well if that was the point of it "lets make the best of what we got and live" then how and why are so many people really trying as hard as they possibly can in their life times to restrain what is considered fun and to burden us with concepts of morality and self consciousness and legislative and economical concepts that serve no other purpose that enforcing inequality and constraints.
>>
We tend to struggle with the thought that there is no purpose to our lives when the truth of it is that it probably comes down to just staying alive as a species. With so much doubt and pain and thought on the matter, why else wouldn't the majority of humankind kill themselves? There is more at play behind our idea of "free-will" and this is the problem: our ideas of the soul and the self are simply sensations that result from the millions of cells in our body doing their job. We are a combination of cells that have specific roles that all aim towards survival. That's all we are. We question and analyze in order to survive, but their is no off switch (in b4 death) and so it's natural for us to analyze and question when we have met our basic survival needs. Accept this and enjoy what you can, and if not, then question it until you think you are content, because that is what we are designed to do.
>>
1+1< 2 ofc
>>
your on 4chan why do you care
>>
>>579339590
Well like i said in my post i dont care about leaving a mark, i just want comfort and stability
>>
>>579342204
>>579342204
A biological approach, it is extremely appreciateted. You are indeed right maybe that is the soul purpose of our lives but still two questions come to mind when bringing a biological point of view. Why would we still feel as a species the need to keep mankind running, as we are by far the most dominant and overpopulated fucks on this earth( Maybe it is the reason of the growth in homosexuality. We do not feel the need as a species to reproduce but our sexual desires still stand.)
The second question would be, if it is all to survive than why is our own concepts of life comming in conflict with that ultimate goal. Why are there still wars why do we have nukes why are so self destructive if we wand the prosperity of our species. Why would we mistreat other human being.
>>
>>579342697
And like you said in your post those things are only possible through a lifetime of hard work. How can that be seen as logical. Dont forget the only thing that stops us from being equals and all living in prosperity and comfort is other human beings.
>>
File: AwXKVejNTDw.jpg (86KB, 431x604px) Image search: [Google]
AwXKVejNTDw.jpg
86KB, 431x604px
We can easily be compared to a dog eating its own shit that doesn't like it's own breath i.e we are the cause the solution and the consequences of our problems.
>>
>>579343262
We would want to keep living because that is what we are designed to do. When something becomes dominant, it doesn't retire, it continues until it can't. The one's who nuke want to survive, that's why they nuke. The conflict is the case and point. Survive. At times as a single unit, at times on a cellular level (body fighting disease), at times as a whole. The same conflict in our bodies is the same conflict with our species. Step back and look at the world and realize that though we are thriving and destroying what we deem necessary, the world itself will survive, be it animals, parasites, plants, etc. It's all survival and conflict emerges as the result.
>>
File: 1415357833985.webm (3MB, 1280x720px)
1415357833985.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
404 will come before the right answers
>>
Right on OP. I would tell you more, all you need to know infact, but I don't think I can get through to you, not on 4chan anyways. Keep looking for the meaning; I'm sure you'll find it. Trust me to, there is a meaning to life. It's actually pretty complicated.

If I were you, I'd do some research on hypnosis. Hypnosis deals with the subconcious of the mind, and if you have any idea what the subconscious is, then you would be wise to listen to what it has to say.

Good luck
>>
We ARE the universe

and regardless of "making a mark" the beauty of the whole should be enough to humble you and feel infinitely proud to part of something so complex and beautifully orchestrated.

on the other hand, you can selfishly wallow in nihilism the rest of your life by not appreciating the gift you have, the gift that so many people get ripped away from them everyday, the gift starving children get to experience in pain
as you post your nihilistic viewpoint on the internet(which is unfortunately true..even though i know my rant seems like i disagree i dont) thousands are clinging to the last life they have left, many are losing grip and dying, leaving the people who loved them in pain.
life is only meaningless when you do not give a shit about your fellow human, which in turn will make others not give a shit about you
tl;dr: dont be a selfish douche and appreciate your life and use it to help others
>>
>>579344354
Yes survival of the fittest, the main and only law of nature, completely true but a primitive approach to life that now would be seemingly useless, Fittes or not survival is extremely probable in our case. You are right but I wish you weren't. How hard would it be as a spieces to simply not create conflicts and let the survival of someone not come in conflict with another person's life.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.