[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want someone to mind fuck me so hard right now with a theory,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 45

File: 6523092.jpg (27KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
6523092.jpg
27KB, 500x540px
Want someone to mind fuck me so hard right now with a theory, concept, or fact about life or whatever.

make me philosophize
>>
Nothing is true.
Everything is allowed.
>>
>>579193764
>you are a faggot
>to an hero or not to an hero
>>
>>579193764
I haven't slept for three days and I'm wide awake, ain't that some crazy shit
>>
if her age is on the clock she's ready for the cock
>>
>>579193938
what else?

>>579193869
does this include everyone I think I know
>>
I got a mind bender.. Nick Bostrom's Simulation Argument..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnl6nY8YKHs

We have at the very least a 1/3 chance of being in a simulation
>>
The outside influences the inside, and the inside influences the outside.

Whats funny about this is that the world is just a construct of your brain. It gathers information with eyes, ears and touch and builds a world for you, much like a computer draws up a game world.

Meditate on this and fun things can happen.
>>
Watch the new South Park.
>>
>>579193764
The government is run by a reptilian race
>>
>>579194047
You only perceive the mental model of reality, that your brain (re)creates in every moment. You never get to perceive reality itself/directly.

The only true thing is, that you are perceiving something (I recommend taking the terms "you", "perceiving" and "something" not at face value), but that something is just in your mind. Therefore you can't be sure, if you are fed false information, or if you have sensory organs at all.

All you are left with is the belief, that you "are".
>>
File: 1415866171478.gif (1MB, 480x470px) Image search: [Google]
1415866171478.gif
1MB, 480x470px
>>579194353
he is right you know
>>
>>579194509
Need citation

A couple youtube videos are not proof.
>>
>>579194401
Remove the middle man.

There is no you. Merely a very complex way for the universe to experience itself.
>>
technically, niggers are human
>>
>>579193764
if you've been brought up in un interesting circumstances and have done uninteresting things with your life so far youre an uninteresting person
>>
>>579194561
ROFL this anon doesn't David Icke
>>
>>579193764

Your name is Brent.
>>
The world starts and ends with you. You are the perspective through which you percieve the world and it all ends when you're dead and burried. The things you've seen and done are so insignificant that it's impossible to approach it with numbers.
>>
What colour is a mirror?
>>
File: space lizard Picture cropped.png (357KB, 519x516px) Image search: [Google]
space lizard Picture cropped.png
357KB, 519x516px
>>579194561
>>
>>579193764
ALL IS THAT IS. ALL THAT HAS BEEN WAS. ALL THAT SHALL BE MIGHT.
>>
>>579193764
nigger
>>
>>579194858
green
>>
File: Stupid Dawg.jpg (54KB, 654x560px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid Dawg.jpg
54KB, 654x560px
>>579194858

Mirrors aren't real.
>>
>>579193764
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W62aVty77Lw
Here you go
>>
File: VIPER FACE.jpg (666KB, 984x984px) Image search: [Google]
VIPER FACE.jpg
666KB, 984x984px
>>579194716
>The world starts and ends with you.
no. YOUR world starts and ends with you. When john smith dies the world goes on
>You are the perspective through which you percieve the world
MIND FUCKING BLOWN
>it all ends when you're dead and burried.
really I thought I got to keep perceiving the world when I died???
>The things you've seen and done are so insignificant that it's impossible to approach it with numbers.
what does this even mean? impossible to approach it with numbers? so far in my life I've owned 2 cars, had 1 dog, owned 2 backpacks arent they numbers?

>ive been smoking weed at high school and now im a philosopher
>>
>>579193764
You've been dead for thousands of years. You're stuck in a loop inside your own memories now. You vividly remember your entire life in chronological order. You think you can make your own decisions, but that process is really just you remembering how you arrived at the decisions you already made when you were actually alive. Its only 2014 in your mind. etc
>>
When enough microorganisms get together they develop a sort of consciousness. That's how viruses and bacteria can coordinate so well. The same can be said for living cells. Essentially your consciousness is nothing but a group of cells working towards whatever trivial goal you decide upon.
tl:dr
your conciseness is the collective will of cells, technically you do not exist, it just seems that way
>>
>>579193764
Nothing exist unless you are here to see it. Your conscious mind creates the material word. From the book the self aware universe. Your are actually the universe trying to understand itself
>>
The alphabet isn't necessarily arranged to the usual position.

Some people say they're colorblind,but how can people prove that the colors we see aren't actually as we perceive them, instead it's how our brain perceives them,like differentiating red from green.
>>
>>579195308
This guy gets it
>>
I like the thought that every black hole provides a big bang in an alternate universe
>>
>>579194620
David Icke thinks the moon is an illusion that influences huimans little boy.

If that is all have then you need to reevaluate your life views.

If you really believe the world is run by Reptillians why do they hide?
>>
>>579195308
this is based on the assumption that youre the only conciousness in the world though. If you and I are in a room and you close your eyes or leave, the room doesnt cease to exist.
>>
>>579195308
>>579195449
somebody took a quick flip through beginner philosophy for dummies
>>
>>579193764
i have a paradox for you
if you build a boat with 100 pieces of wood (lets call this boat 1) then you replace one piece of wood from said boat with a brand new piece every year then keep the old ones
then in 100 years time you built a boat out of the old pieces of wood ( boat 2)
which is the original boat?
>>
>>579195514
Its more about "what is consciousness". How would one define it?
Some believe we share our consciousness. Its a type of state we all tap into in varying degrees.

Eyes made by the universe to see it from new, exciting angles.
>>
>>579193764
Every molecule in your body is as old as the universe. You have been recycled all this time and when you die you continue to be recycled for the rest of time.
>>
>>579195514
thats what you would say
but serious even if the room and you did cease to exist would you even notice?
>>
File: 11111.jpg (27KB, 1234x86px) Image search: [Google]
11111.jpg
27KB, 1234x86px
I'm taking my time to consider each idea, thanks guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWszKXvDZCU
>>
>>579195647
both
>>
>>579195647

In the same sense we are the same person, even though all our cells are replaced ~5yrs
>>
This is more of a fact than a theory, OP is infact a faggot
>>
>>579195916
This is the one universal truth.
>>
>>579195647
Neither of them is the original boat. Boat 1 is a slightly newer version of the original boat. Boat 2 is made of the original boat's materials but that doesn't make it the actual original boat. The original boat doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>579195769
what of ideas? atoms fire in our brains to create new thoughts or are these "original" thoughts also recycled? if so how can humanity ever progress?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_w4HYXuo9M
Mindfuck guaranteed
>>
>>579193764
There is no known meaning with life.
>>
Whether or not certain things exist is the shit tier of philosophy. Please don't get caught up in that op
>>
File: anti-tracks11.jpg (138KB, 427x613px) Image search: [Google]
anti-tracks11.jpg
138KB, 427x613px
>>579193764
For your consideration OP, and I really hope you do.
>>
We are 4th dimensional beings who reside in a 3 dimensional world.
>>
>>579195258
>technically you do not exist, it just seems that way
stop it dude...
too far
>>
>>579194716
So what you are saying is, everytime I blink my eyes im in some way being reborn? Everytime I go to sleep and wake, im a totally new person in a new world?

>>579195174
>what does this even mean? impossible to approach it with numbers? so far in my life I've owned 2 cars, had 1 dog, owned 2 backpacks arent they numbers?

Try tracing back everything that had to occur for your cars and dogs to come into existence.
>>
>>579195514
The concept is that when we close our eyes everything turns to quantum fluctuation and when we open them again it appears to be solid. The molecules in that room were not In the same order they were in before we closed them. Think of the matrix movie when he sees the code except the code is the movement of quantum probability. When we open our eyes the world seems solid again. Our consciousness comes from the same source. We are all bonded together by it. We just perceive reality as separate entities but we are not. Just like the billions of individual cells that make us. We appear as one but we are made of many. Picture a flock of birds or a school of fish flying and swimming in unison. They appear to be several individuals but they are all connected by the same tether to keep them flowing as one unit.
>>
>>579195557
I've been studying these things for more than 20 years. I find it fascinating and wish to understand more.
>>
>>579196094
I honestly believe a lot of our original human thoughts are recycled. when you think how many humans have lived before you, and how similar human life is at it's core, you can't help but realise we're all stuck repeating very similar instances of human life. It's how the species keeps going, we progress by building on the achievements and knowledge left by those who lived and died before us, continuing in repeated instances of their lives only further into the future.
>>
Attempt at a mindblowing theory:
Islam is in the shitty mess it is now because:
(a) As a religion it is about 500 years younger than Christianity (compare and contrast the chaos and barbarity of Christianity in the 1500's with Islam today), and
(b) Gutenberg's printing press broke the stranglehold that the clergy had over control of religious and even secular printed matter in Western languages, it has not been until recent times that lay people have had access to written works in Arabic outside of the control of the clerical class
>>
>>579195647
Interesting cause every cell in our body replaces itself several times over our lifetime so which is the real us?
>>
Last time I was stoned I realised; the universe is one massive organism. If you break it down we are all just particles, matter. Matter can not be created nor destroyed so the particles that make you, me, the entire planet; they were always here. So if you could trace back your lineage infinitely and I did the same, we would find we came from the same cells; the same goes for every animal on the planet. Go back far enough and the matter that makes you and I stems from the same matter that makes everything on this planet, and indeed everything in the universe.

But hey the more I say that theory sober the more retarded it sounds.
>>
>>579195257
>>579196084
Talk about philosophy for dummies lmao
>>
Your existence, your actions, and every thought you have made and ever will make is a product of a chemical, neurological chain reaction on a sub atomic level, an echo from the big bang. Choice is an illusion, so convincing that this process allows for a state where the illusion questions the illusion. You are atomic material recycled since the literal beginning of time, a pre-determined perception of a universe that consciously will cease to exist once you do. And all of this is irrelevant and inconsequential to the illusion, even though the illusion will continue its pre-determined challenging of it. You are not yesterday. You are not tomorrow. You are not dead or alive. Every moment of consciousness is just the pre-determined conscious reflection upon a brief memory, stored in neurological archives. And none of this matters, because the concept of anything mattering at all is too an illusion.
>>
>>579193764
If we even make it that far, Strong AI will be the biggest danger to our species ever. Not of the Terminator or Matrix kind - real Strong AI is far more terrifying since the entire concept of victory against such a creature is pointless.

It's not even that any AI we make would mysteriously come to hate us - we are just made of atoms it wants to use for something else.
>>
File: geezer.jpg (85KB, 576x324px) Image search: [Google]
geezer.jpg
85KB, 576x324px
>>579196438
so significance is judged by the number of things you affect in relation to the number of things that has happened since the beginning of time? thats a retarded linear way of looking at life.

even if you wanted to look it that way your life no matter what you do will have a huge and random effect on the future because of the butterfly effect
>>
>>579196094
Thoughts are created by life experiences they change when life changes, if you allow it. If you don't evolve consciously then your thoughts will be recycled and humanity will not progress.
>>
>>579195647
>>579196084

With the same logic; you are not the same you that was here 5,10, 20 years ago. Your body replaces cells all the time and you will reach a point where a point where none of your original cells are the same. Much like the boat. does that mean you are physically a different person than you were years ago?
>>
>>579197014
This is so true
>>
File: pick.jpg (50KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
pick.jpg
50KB, 252x252px
>>579197197
>neurological archives
>>
>>579193764
Nothing is technically something but the something is classified as nothing
0 is nothing but it's something it's a number that represents nothing
>>
File: Trek.gif (2MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
Trek.gif
2MB, 256x192px
>>579193764
Holographic Principal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holographic_principle

All the information that composes you (and everything else) is at the edge of the universe. Where you perceive you are, is only where all your information intersects.
>>
I often think about what awaits me after death and these are some of my most rational conclusions.
1) What I hope for (which is almost certainly not going to happen).
2) When I die two things are certain, I will be concious or I won't, if I am great I have other things to be concerned about otherwise I won't even be aware.
3) Assuming the universe is constantly expanding collapsing on its self for an infinite number of times, I will live again and there no doubt about this assuming the first part is true.

My opinion of the universe is that everything man will every know/achieve (even if we live forever) is equal to a grain of sand on our planet within our universe, and so on. There is no end and there was no begining.
>>
>>579197457
lol how old are you? who can possibly say they're physically the same person they were 5/10 years ago?... except maybe Pharrell, everybody I know physically changes in that time.

Like the completely rebuilt boat, they serve the same physical purpose even if they're aesthetically different. And the replaced cells inherit the will of the old cells, much like say if a clone of the captain of the original ship took over the rebuilt one, and worked for the same shipping company.

same same but different
>>
>>579193764
How can the big bang happen when there is nothingness before the big bang
>>
i'd like to know where the electrical energy in our brains go when we die? energy doesn't die and just transforms into some other type of energy, so where does it go?
>>
>>579197984
>two things are certain
>I will be concious [sic] or I won't

that's certainty right there
>>
>>579197403
What? No. I didnt mean that at all.

I meant to count the number of things that had to happen would be impossible.
>>
>>579195647
What makes you unique essentially? I've thought about this heaps and my conclusion is that two things make a person unique, the pattern of matter the defines you and then the space which you occupy. I feel that in away the space you occupy is the most important part but there are a few flaws even with this.
>>
>>579194291
This
>>
Try to think as us being the only intelectual being in the universe.
That means, whithout us, there would be nobody thinking or documenting the world.
It's like when a tree falls and nobody is around.
>>
>>579194401
Hello Descartes.

Your reasoning behind god is shit btw.
>>
>>579198345
which one? grounded vindaloop?
>>
If the universe is infinite in all directions, than there is no such point as the center of the universe.

Conversely, if the universe is infinite in all directions, than it can also be asserted that every point in the universe is the center of the universe.
>>
>>579198630
space time curves
so infinite might be a good way to understand it, but really the universe has a finite mass related to how much matter there is. However with the curvature of space time, every point in space is essentially the centre.
>>
Where did consciousness come from? is it also a creation of the mind or has it been here the whole time?
>>
>>579193764
What if people see different colours than us but called it in the same name
>>
Not philosophy, but cool psychology stuffs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oft3e1K9Dbs&list=PLF4941D1F6AB70C0E
this will make you hate humanity
>>
>>579194131

Just because some idiot said it, it doesn't make it true.
>>
Light's not relative. If you're going 99% the speed of light and shine a beam of light, it'll be traveling away from you at the speed of light, and it'll be traveling away from someone standing still at the speed of light at the same time.
>>
File: 100853523631236.jpg (359KB, 1344x298px) Image search: [Google]
100853523631236.jpg
359KB, 1344x298px
>>579193764
>>
File: 1412117996441.jpg (260KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
1412117996441.jpg
260KB, 540x720px
this thread is epic
>>
>>579198948
Creation of evolution/adaption, it is the ability to reflect on the past and think about the future, about being aware of yourself. Most animals are not self aware and humans don't become self aware until 3.
>>
so much bullshit in so little space...
>>
>>579196871
Let me correct that for you :
Islam is in the shitty mess it is now because:
(a) america
>>
Your entire life experience is the result of only 6 phenomena's: seeing, hearing, smelling, tasting, feeling, and thinking. Which of these do you think have the greatest influence on you?
>>
>>579199906
My penis
>>
There are parents who don't experienced 9/11
>>
>>579193764
Q: Why did the chicken cross the road?
A: To get to the other side.
Think about it.
>>
>>579199965
/thread
>>
>>579199965
great answer actually. a lot of humans are still in the primal stages of relying on reproduction alone as a way to evolve
>>
File: 1345474392130.jpg (48KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1345474392130.jpg
48KB, 500x453px
>>
>>579193764

the brain named itself.
>>
>>579193764
Colors as we know them are completely made up. Why is purple called purple?

Additionally each person sees colors slightly different. So what is red to me could be light red to you etc.
>>
File: smilin.jpg (118KB, 1667x2500px) Image search: [Google]
smilin.jpg
118KB, 1667x2500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-d4ugppcRUE

entire world is consciousness, lecture to prove it. it's a very good lecture to watch. I appprove
>>
File: 1231680951182.jpg (37KB, 720x321px) Image search: [Google]
1231680951182.jpg
37KB, 720x321px
>>
>>579193764
We are part of a perfect system.

What's the definition of "system"?

A system is a set of interacting or interdependent components forming an integrated whole(wikipedia)

You are composed by different systems that makes you a whole (nervous system for example). If some of those components crashes your body stops functioning.

We are part of the solar system.
We exist for a function
We have no free will

We are slaves of the infinity
>>
>>579193764
Every single picture and photograph is of the past and time gone by.
>>
>>579193938

you actually fell asleep an hour ago, sorry adam
>>
time is an illusion that is only really experienced by select arrangements of matter and living beings. Outside of a living being's brain time does not exist so to say the universe "began" is wrong. Through memory we are able to access past events. This gives us the illusion of linear progression.

In reality all information and space/time co-ordinates exist simultaneously, like all the information on a vinyl record. A human being, or any living being, is much like the needle, once applied, creates music.
>>
Here's some interesting mindfucks based on Physics.

1. Special relativity states that the closer you get to the speed of light the slower time goes relative to you. In this way, light experiences NO TIME, yet it still has a speed!
2. An experiment known as the double slit experiment has an electron (or photon) coming from a source, it then hits a wall with two slits in the wall and then it will hit a screen. The idea is that if the electron is acting as a wave, it will go through both the slits at the same time and cause a diffraction pattern. If it acts as a particle it won't cause any diffraction pattern. Under normal conditions the electron behaves like a wave.
i) If you send ONE electron at a time down this slit, keeping say, an hour, between each electron emission the electron will only hit the screen ONCE, as if it was a particle or a dot. However, if you do this enough, over a long enough time and mark everywhere the electron hit the screen, your marks will form a diffraction pattern, as if it's a wave!
ii) When you measure what slit the electron went through, it stops behaving like a wave and starts behaving like a particle with no diffraction pattern, even if the measurement has no effect on the electron! For example, if you sent an electron to the double slit experiment and had a measuring device on one of the slits, and observed that the electron DIDN'T pass through that slit, the electron will STILL behave like a particle because you can logically infer the electron went through the other slit!
iii) If you have a large distance, say a km, between the double slit wall and the screen, you can send electrons through the slit and they will behave like a wave, if you however measure what slit the electron went through, even if the electron has already gone through the slit and is 20 metres from the screen, as you make that measurement the electron will INSTANTLY (not even speed of light delay) behave like a particle.
>>
>>579193764

UFO's exist except it isn't aliens, it's us from the future where time travel has become available due to hydron collider helping us progress,yet constant polution and eventual nuclear bombs erading the middle east we are now grey in skin and built like so called 'greys' think about it the long pointy fingers look how we type and swipe and text, so we have come back to do experiments to see if we can genetically modify ourselves back to the human state as it now is.
>>
File: ok.jpg (241KB, 597x577px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
241KB, 597x577px
This is the perfect thread for this shit I wrote two days ago.

>pic related
>>
>>579194575
"we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively"
>>
File: Nope_-_Fuschia__81864_zoom.png (462KB, 1280x963px) Image search: [Google]
Nope_-_Fuschia__81864_zoom.png
462KB, 1280x963px
>>579201424
>>
File: powergirlcosplay01.jpg (343KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
powergirlcosplay01.jpg
343KB, 1920x1200px
well....america is actuallly run by republicans
>>
>>579193764
Ya just need to watch this, mind= fucked
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZvRg7IjchQ
Related
>>
Someone with a disease that results in constant memory loss can't experience anything. If they experience something one day and forget about it the next day it is exactly the same as having done nothing, so from their perspective they die the moment they start forgetting.

Something that I have thought about, don't we forget when we die? If we do, why can we experience things?
>>
>>579201554
There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves.

Here's Tom with the weather.
>>
>>579201492
this is getting really close. we will have a big decision to make, time or eternal life
>>
>>579193764
black holes are not visible because their gravity is so great they distort light, time, and space. As you approach one, the space around you starts to twist and change. after reaching a certain radius around the black hole, you will instantly die because of the sudden extreme temperature.

It's some Dragonball Z shit.
>>
>>579202274
The gravity distortion would actually kill you first, spaghettification.
>>
When you die your brain releases huge quantities of some drug (mdma or something like that) and one of the effects is changed sense of time
when we die we could live forever (to us) in our brains and the hallucinations caused by the drug could be "heaven"
>>
File: mah.jpg (82KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
mah.jpg
82KB, 500x375px
>>579202054
>>
>>579202006
Memory loss resulting from a disease are caused by biological anomalies in your brain. It has nothing to do with your consciousness being here and outliving your body if that's what you believe in.
We only experience things in the present anyway don't we? Forgetting about it is not the same as having experienced nothing why would you say that?
>>
>>579202320
No it wouldn't, time nearly stops and you would seem to exist forever
>>
>>579194858
Green man, you can see thid by holding 2 mirrors infront of them, you'll see that it will slightly become green
>>
>>579202545
That's after you go past the event horizon, but way before the event horizon the massive gravity just rips you apart and turns you into a stream of atoms.
>>
File: kk.jpg (125KB, 597x302px) Image search: [Google]
kk.jpg
125KB, 597x302px
>>579202545
time has nothing to do with death.
>>579201492

And some more semi-related thoughts.
>>
>>579202363
You're kinda fucking retarded

The drug you're thinking about is DMT

Fucking git gud
>>
>>579193764
You are the only person you can be sure has a consciousness. Everyone else might just be very elaborate biocomputers - or NPCs for that matter.
>>
>>579202363
nothing really changes perception of time. It's just an illusion. When you die, your brain cannot maintain such illusion because it's dead.
>>
>>579202761
Speaking of which, I could SWEAR the other day at the mall I saw recycled NPCs every few minutes.
>>
>>579202475
I don't believe in anything, it was not a rethorical question.

It is te same for the person experiencing it, when you drink too much and don't remember what you did time just..."skips", one moment you are in some place and you remember it and the other moment you wake up, but what if this memory simply wasn't retained and couldn't be retrieved? The rest of your actions would just be "skipped" until you die.

My problem with the death one is why death is different from a disease or an injury, isn't death also biological failure?
>>
>>579202778
I mean in the senconds before you die
>>
>>579198139
Under the assumption that there was nothing before the Big Bang. Don't be so sure of that.
>>
>>579202709
I knew it was one of those letter drugs that there are fucking trillions of
>>
>>579198191
That's the right question to ask. Where does all electricity go on this planet.
>>
>>579202970
I think mental illnesses are like glitches. Almost like a super tiny different form of death, in the biological side (not physical) sort of acting as rev limiter on the amplitude of intelligence. I meran just think of some autists and how similar to computers they can be...
>>
>>579195330
you are an idiot.
>>
>>579203240
heaven
>>
>>579198948
Came from everything else that exist today. The creation of the universe
>>
>>579193764
Nothing is real. Not even you.
>>
File: Shuttle to purpose.jpg (20KB, 381x481px) Image search: [Google]
Shuttle to purpose.jpg
20KB, 381x481px
>Im doing this in caps because its cruise control for cool.

THE CELLS IN YOUR BODY ARE CONSTANTLY REPLACED. YOUR PHYSICAL BODY IS NOT OLDER THAN 7 - 10 YEARS.

THE ONLY THING AS OLD AS YOUR 'DATE OF BIRTH' IS YOUR CONSCIOUSNESS.

>/cruise control off
>>
File: 1414709876511.jpg (620KB, 1080x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1414709876511.jpg
620KB, 1080x1440px
>>579195876
this
>>
The sum of all the numbers in existence is 0. For every positive number, there is a negative number which cancels it out.

The sum of all existence is nothing.

All existence is just a fluctuation in emptiness.
>>
>>579199732
Yet your reading this post
>>
>>579203447
Bones
>>
>>579203240
well it can be stored somewhere, on a different vibrational frequency maybe. because it had to come from somewhere when we created it...
>>
>>579198191
Doesn't it just get transferred into chemical energy when the biological matter in the brain begins decomposing?
>>
>>579203382
Do you suspect non-living things have consciousness? or can at some point?
>>
>>579203382
>>579198948
>time is a constant present
>we are all the same consciousness experiencing itself, we are all one
>the beggining and the end of the universe are happening simultaneously, right now, always, inside of you
>yet, you're here fapping

src: im e wizer
>>
>>579203381
Define heaven. How about the electrical field around the planet? Ether?
>>
>>579203571
Wrong. The cells in your bones are replaced as well. Do some reading
>>
File: 1414711355167.jpg (382KB, 888x666px) Image search: [Google]
1414711355167.jpg
382KB, 888x666px
>>579197984

so, if we go from the "big bang theory" of a nothing which exploded. then we are all one.
you are me, i am you, the pc is me and the glas i am drinking me out of is me too. i am even piss.

this is the first thing.

the second thing.

if it is a big bang. and we are all made out of atomies - keep it in mind.

think about 3 balls in a 1x1x1m room. and you throw them in there. you stop time. know the position, speed and direction of each ball - you could calculate where they are in 1000 years or were they were.

back - if we take all the atomies in the universe, we stop time, we could calculate where they were or where they are going to be.

in addition out concious mind is slower than our subconcious. therefore you are just a spectator of yourself. its actually proven.

wp /b/ now go back to be me.
>>
>>579201492
gr8 b8 m8 r8 8.8/8.8
i even thought for a second you are actually that stupid.
>>
Fractal geometry. Good bye chaos theory.
>>
>>579203662
How often does electricity change to chemical matter? Why wouldn't it just be released?
>>
Well i got one
What if when we are about to die and people say dont go to the light because you will die its actually false. Wha if when you go to the light you are actually coming out of a vagina again and starting a new life
>>
90% of people marry their 7th grade love. Since you have read this, you will be told good news tonight. If you don't post this on nine comments your worst week starts now. This isn't fake. Apparently, if you copy and paste this on ten comments in the next 10 minutes, you will have the best day of your life tomorrow. You will either get kissed or asked out. In the next 53 minutes someone will say I love you...
>>
You live in the past and will never be able to truly experience the 'present'.
Also, there is no tomorrow .
>>
>>579203757
energy doesn't cease to exist, it just transforms. therefore, energy in our bodies "goes back" to the perpetual flow of energy of the univere, transforms into something else.
according to karma/action-reaction law, the universe seeks balance, heaven and hell are interpretations of this

what was i talking about?
>>
>>579203998

>How often does electricity change to chemical matter?

Pretty much in every single battery
>>
>>579197197
>underrated post

Though it is somewhat debatable, I like it
>>
>>579203693
Define non living things? We all share a common starting point. Made from the same energy and matter. Are we so different?
>>
>>579203989
fuck off faggot
>>
>>579204087

Or is it the other way round?
>>
>>579203974
Can't say "of nothing" we don't know that
>>
>>579204087
And where does that energy go?
>>
>>579203974
This is why we are learning to understand, train, and utilize the powers of the subconscious

>>579204108
Does a rock know that it's a rock? I believe that part of this universal shift means plants and animals start developing more awareness
>>
File: 1348835089003.jpg (517KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1348835089003.jpg
517KB, 1024x768px
>>579204034
>>
>>579203974
in addition i would like to say, that physically spoken no energy is lost.

6th grade in school (at least in mine)
if you put the energy back into the ashes of a burned piece of paper, it could be paper again.

therefore energy is not lost, so. you technically cant die. + what i already said.
>>
> 2014 still not believing in jesus (god)
>all these questions are so basic you dont need answer to these
>yfw I'm right..

this aint a bait fols
>>
-1, 0, 1

I have begun to see that the world seems to work in a trinity like structure. Things seem to revolve around "3"
>>
>>579204221
you are right. no one knows. but we do know that the universe is expanding and that it is expanding slower.

therefore we can assume.

- you throw a ball into the air, it reaches its zenit, and then falls back - that the universe will fall together again, just to create another one.

obviously i dont know, but in the end no one knows - except his own experiences.
>>
>>579204542
>2014
>finding out the world works in trinity-like structure
>2000 years after the Bible

great work
>>
>>579194353

Not only that, this race is in co-operation with many governments and other ET races.
>>
>>579204869

that is so fucking stupid. i am open to many ideas, but this is so fucking stupid, that i dont even had the need to search for a prove.
+ i dont even think you can prove this AT ALL.
>>
>>579204704
>implying the Bible is the only trinity

gr8 b8 m8
wasn't implying it was a revolutionary idea, just something I've been noticing more and more outside of the religious realm
>>
File: 1318633456540.gif (303KB, 300x100px) Image search: [Google]
1318633456540.gif
303KB, 300x100px
>>
>>579205037
didnt imply it was the only one, just the only one i recalled at the moment

it is truly remarkable when one starts noticing the patterns in nature
>>
>>579205162

here, read about it. this is explaining out whole universe. your 5 hands, how plants are growing. shit like that. pretty heavy shiat.
>>
>>579193764
You've never actually been to tomorrow.
>>
File: myohmy.jpg (16KB, 400x224px) Image search: [Google]
myohmy.jpg
16KB, 400x224px
>>579205275
>mah bolognas
>>
>>579204498
>2014 still not believing in Batman (Grant Morrison)
>all these questions so basic you should be able to use your detective skills and criminology expertise to answer these
>yfw I'm Batman

Superstitious cowardly lot.
>>
>2014
>we still don't know where we came from
>>
>>579198948
consciousness is just your thoughts in your head.
>>
>>579205014
It's pointless arguing with reptilian conspirationists.
>>
File: 1241278651627.gif (934KB, 160x120px) Image search: [Google]
1241278651627.gif
934KB, 160x120px
>>
there is no way to prove that we are not virtual
>>
>>579206007
That's the easy answer. You're pretty much negating all the shit we can't explain by saying "duh, the brain has to be doing it somehow"
>>
File: 1381139205742.gif (1MB, 360x288px) Image search: [Google]
1381139205742.gif
1MB, 360x288px
>>579195258
>your conciseness is the collective will of cells, technically you do not exist, it just seems that way

that one got me
>>
>>579193764
big bang happend, there may have something been before and even therefore, but at some "time" there was nothing. not even time. but now here we are. some sort of ENERGY createed itself which isnt possible. this you may/may not worship as god, call it like you want to call it, picture it like you want to picture it. there are no rules about physics and stuff. its just a picture of whats happening. there are no rules at all just chaos. the universe is getting bigger and bigger and all is coming from a selfcreated nothing, which you may call god(no need for worship, just a name for the creator which created all, even god(little tricky, you know?)) funfact: everything is godmade and godlike cuz its made out of nothing and created out of nothing by itself some time in the past. we where suns, we will be suns, we where blackholes and so one. we are all part of god, created ourself somwhere in the universe and the univesers itself and everything else. so treat other kind you are god. or dont, do what you like. u are god, u mom also, i am too, no rules nobody cares, we are all one. all animals, niggers water moon, gold shit
>>problem is: if i am right i may be wrong
>>
If fucking Pinnochio says at this fucking moment my fucking nose is going to fucking grow.

Would it grow
>>
>>579198460
kek taking a philo class is university, basicallh everything besides existentialism is theoritical nonesense
>>
>>579206357
i m not english btw, so dont fuck around cuz my english is so bad
or do it
i m god i dont care
>>
>>579206397
His fucking nose or his regular nose
>>
>>579206007
>>579206272
either way, does it really matter at this point? I don't think there's any turning back now....
>>
>>579206397
It depends whether he is made of living wood or dead wood.
If the wood is alive, his nose would grow anyway, because the living cells would be respirating and undergoing mitosis.
>>
>>579203473
But negative numbers are purely theoretical
>>
>>579206435
I agree, existential philosophy is the shit
But even that is pretty up in the air. What it really comes down to is: "Out of all of these ideas, which one do you want to believe?"
>>
The human brain named itself the brain.
>>
>>579193764
The universe is structurally holographic.

Which basically means that all matter is merely a projection of smaller matter. And the same could apply to us.

So basically think of us as literal motion picture projections of our DNA with little force fields of matter surrounding our outlines.

We could also look like cartoon characters of a 2 dimensional persuasion in comparison to someone looking at us from a higher dimension right now
>>
>>579206397
Nah, this statement is false.
>>
>>579206689

The paradox is on the fact that he knows he is lying and telling the truth at the same time, not dead or living wood, although I get your point.
>>
>>579206357
carl sagan quasireligious cult pls go
>>
>>579193942
If there is grass on the field its time to play ball
>>
is consciousness the tiniest possible particle that can store information which it receives through interacting with its surrounding ? Or does it become consciousness when it begins to manipulate the stored information ?
>>
>>579194858
Depends on what the mirror is made of and what spectrums of light it is able to absorb the most rather than reflect
>>
>>579206921
i know carl sagan from one of the pics here but i never heard anything else form and/or about him. but i ll check em
>>
File: 1338106182665.gif (217KB, 191x200px) Image search: [Google]
1338106182665.gif
217KB, 191x200px
Enjoy, OP:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident
>>
You can do anything.

You are just incapable of doing everything.
>>
Enjoy reading about yourself:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illusory_superiority
>>
File: euphoria.gif (793KB, 360x203px) Image search: [Google]
euphoria.gif
793KB, 360x203px
>>579207260
>never watched cosmos

You have yet to be initiated
>>
>>579193764
If god is good, why did he create niggers?
>>
>>579195468
On the other side is a white fountain.
>Do you even BotNS?
>>
>>579207341
funny reads, i was like "ho ok flee, hypothermia, avalanche,nothing to worry ab-WTF RADIOACTIVE CLOTHES"
>>
>>579207508
tell me more
but i can see for myself also
>>
File: göbekli19.jpg (421KB, 1280x932px) Image search: [Google]
göbekli19.jpg
421KB, 1280x932px
Gobekli Tepe is the oldest structure that we know of in the world. Scientists have carbon dated the dirt covering the temple to 10th-8th millennium BCE, which means it could be significantly older than that. Twice as old as the pyramids of Giza. Scientists had previously believed that human beings had been in the hunter-gatherer stage of evolution during this time, but complex temple like Gobekli Tepe have forced them to rethink ancient history. Many now believe that human beings have had several periods of advanced civilization during the last 100k years that have been erased from history due to asteroid strikes, ice ages, and other cataclysmic events. This means that there could have been civilizations on par with the ancient Romans or Egyptians that have yet to be discovered, dating back thousands of years before what we consider human history.
>>
>>579207587
He's trying to fix that error. Ref: aids, starvation in Africa etc.
>>
>>579206965
not sure I understand what you're asking, but I don't think consciousness can be measured as particles, or at all for that matter. It's unlimited knowledge
>>
>>579207917
I don't really want to tell you more. Cosmos is amazing but it breeds small minded cultists rather than moderate voices and proponents of the search for wisdom and knowledge.

Carl Sagan, positivist atheist though he was, would be disgusted by some of the caliber of people who claim inspiration from his name nowadays
>>
>>579207508
>2014
>hating on Cosmos

Cosmos is a great way to experience the best science has discovered in a very enjoyable manner
>>
>>579208035
knowing*** not knowledge
>>
File: blood music.jpg (15KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
blood music.jpg
15KB, 225x346px
You're probably correct. It explains a lot of human behavior and may be the reason brains are sometimes irrelevant. Have you read Blood Music?
>>
here is a mindfuck for you:
>more than half of the people who've posted in this thread are nerdy virgins with fedoras
>>
>>579208647
might be true. even you might be one.
>>
>>579198975
I've always wondered about this.
>>
>>579207976
If god is flawless, why did he make an error?
>>
>>579193764
The greatest mystery is that there is no mystery.
>>
>>579209104
it is not.. you can define colors chemically and physically. that is so 5th grade style.
>>
File: ojIV5aa.gif (400KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
ojIV5aa.gif
400KB, 267x199px
>>579193764
Everyone's a robot, but you.
>>
>>579204034
90% of people marry their 7th grade love. Since you have read this, you will be told good news tonight. If you don't post this on nine comments your worst week starts now. This isn't fake. Apparently, if you copy and paste this on ten comments in the next 10 minutes, you will have the best day of your life tomorrow. You will either get kissed or asked out. In the next 53 minutes someone will say I love you...
>>
Since one might not travel faster than light, one might conclude that a human can never travel further from the earth than 40 light-years if the traveler is active between the age of 20 and 60. A traveler would then never be able to reach more than the very few star systems which exist within the limit of 20-40 light-years from the Earth. This is a mistaken conclusion: because of time dilation, the traveler can travel thousands of light-years during their 40 active years. If the spaceship accelerates at a constant 1 g (in its own changing frame of reference), it will, after 354 days, reach speeds a little under the speed of light (for an observer on Earth), and time dilation will increase their lifespan to thousands of Earth years, seen from the reference system of the Solar System, but the traveler's subjective lifespan will not thereby change. If the traveler returns to the Earth, they will land thousands of years into the future. Their speed will not be seen as higher than the speed of light by observers on Earth, and the traveler will not measure their speed as being higher than the speed of light, but will see a length contraction of the universe in their direction of travel. And as the traveler turns around to return, the Earth will seem to experience much more time than the traveler does. So, although their (ordinary) speed cannot exceed c, the four-velocity (distance as seen by Earth divided by their proper, i.e. subjective, time) can be much greater than c.
>>
>>579198975
This picture debunks that theory. There is a psychology to colors and they different colors mostly effect our minds in the same ways. Therefore it can't be true. We see them all the same.
>>
>>579208178
I think what i was asking is related to something what someone else said earlier. I thought that the universe is conscious because it is a network as in everything is connected through chain reactions. And the lowest level of consciousness is maybe the tiniest particle that physics discovers that stores information, for example , molecules that have a specific distribution of electrons or their relation and therefore represents information.Or that consciousness begins when the network that stores information starts to manipulate this information like numbers added but relatively to its surroundings therefore creating a boundary between one network and the whole universe existence? Maybe the quantum uncertainty i dont know how its called correctly is the reason why on higher levels there is something resembling free will (there were experiments made that we re only spectators of our subconciousness acting but i ve heard that in those experiments the subconscious always gave the conscious to not perform an action there making a decision possible)

can you make sense of this ?
>>
>>579208126
I know. I like it. I just generally don't like people who claim to be afficionados of the show itself
>>
File: Do_Androids_Dream....jpg (25KB, 652x285px) Image search: [Google]
Do_Androids_Dream....jpg
25KB, 652x285px
>If I ask two subjects if truth is relative, and one says yes and the other no, who is correct?
>>
>>579204359
Heat is the most common answer. The electricity running through is a product of chemical reactions in our bodies. The reactions stop and the electricity stops. The cells start to break down and get turn into heat as we decay.
>>
>>579193764

e is the theoretical limit of compound interest. it is a formula based irrational number that any intelligent being would discover. it is the foundation of exponential functions. it is usually rounded to 2.72 but unlike pi, it's not used as a realistic number as much as it's manipulated as a concept in higher math like calculus with derivatives/integrals.

the actual number comes out to 2.718281828459045... and we still haven't figured out the entire number; like pi it's irrational.

the reason we count in base 10 is because we have 10 digits on our hands--that's the ACTUAL reason--and the reason we think of a circle as having 360 degrees is because as 10-digited creatures we live on a planet with approximately a 360-day year; that's the actual reason.

for us, here, as we are, a number that any and all intelligent creatures should logically find and use extensively happens to be mysterious and never ending but repeats the same 4 digits twice and then gives, what is to us, the angles of a right triangle. those digits i gave are easily remembered and this concept is FASCINATING... yet it's dangerous.

much of the world believes we live in a "dream"; christians, muslims, india...

it's too dangerous to dwell on something that suggests that it's quite probable that creatures like exactly us are the only creatures that should exist. it actually works well to prove that we are the only creatures that exist or should exist, at least, exactly the way we do.
>>
>>579209670
What if a person is color blind?
None of this matters.
>>
>>579210286
... Then if you're blind you don't see any colors..? I don't understand your question.
>>
>>579193764
some people are so fucked up they think they are doing the right thing. Even Hitler thought he was doing the right thing
>>
>>579209820
I'm still not entirely sure, perhaps it could be both? you'll have to use your best judgment on that one. And yes free will absolutely exists, we make decisions based upon our desired outcome, provided we've given thought to what we want the outcome to be.
>>
>>579210286

You'll never convince somebody that the individual interprets it's own reality, even though he is (presumably) doing it right now.

>Are Schizophrenia patients really mentally ill, or are the people who can't aptly define mentally ill, the patients
>>
>>579209670
That doesn't mean we see them the same just that it effects our brains the same. We could still see the colors different just that our brains pick up on that wave length and we get the same "feelings" from it.
>>
>>579209670
colors vary due to different frequencies and wavelengths on the light spectrum. maybe the psychological impacts colors have are differentiated by wavelengths, not by how you perceive the actual color. maybe someone perceives a wavelength as blue when your ee it as red. there is no way to know
>>
Eta Carinae is a massive binary star system that is only 700 lightyears away. it is at the end of its life. in the 19th century it brightened to the 2nd brightest star in the sky in a supernova impostor even. since then it has been brightening and is expected to go hypernova very soon. scientists believe it is close enough to completely blow the atmosphere off of the earth. have a noice day niggers.
>>
File: 625807main1_potw1208a-670.jpg (325KB, 670x512px) Image search: [Google]
625807main1_potw1208a-670.jpg
325KB, 670x512px
>>579210926
>>
Did you know Lobsters stop aging when they hit their teens? They just become bigger and bigger until something kills them.

In this video the cook asks
>so does it taste good?
The Japanese girl be like with a surprising tone
>oishi! oishi yo! (delish! very delish!)
>>
>>579193764

We will never arrive at any plateau or veritable 'conclusion' in science... religion can only explain things after they happen...Religion is congruous to spirituality... the universe is the waves lapping on the shore; the shore may change, the waves may change, but the tide persists in undulating cycles
>>
>>579196886
>>579195883

Neurons live for around 100~ years.
>>
>>579203447
Teeth... Although not as old as your mind they are older than 7-10 years (implying you're over 18, since you're on /b, and you've lost your primary teeth).
>>
>>579210418
It's more of a question posed toward the psychology of colors.
If the psychology of colors is real, it would exist even to the color-blind or blind.
However, they have no conception of color so it is meaningless to them.
This implies that the psychology of colors was a man made construction rather than an inherent idea.
So colors might exist, but they don't have any effect on the world. Only a perceived effect.
>>
>You'll never convince somebody that the individual interprets it's own reality, even though he is (presumably) doing it right now.
>>Are Schizophrenia patients really mentally ill, or are the people who can't aptly define mentally ill, the patients

u haf ta be schizo to appreciate that
>>
>>579195258 (smart but in an Oh-kay direction)
>>579195330 (dumb but in a good direction)
moar to cum
>>
>>579211135
>this is why we nooked japan
>>
The universe is expanding all the time....But what is it expanding into.
>>
>>579210993
>It is unlikely, however, to affect terrestrial lifeforms directly, as they will be protected from gamma rays by the atmosphere, and from some other cosmic rays by the magnetosphere.

fucking niggers
>>
>>579195769
half glass empty, farthest point

*clap*

now to merge with the other point
>>
>>579211471
>implying 2 nukes was enough
All we can do now is wait for rising ocean levels to swallow that archipelago of demented fools.
>>
your mom
>>
>>579196821
to think it is only limited to humanity is pretty limited in scope, but awareness of ripples is good mang
>>
>>579197014
pretty optimistic and broad in scope, but short-reaching
>>
>>579211309
Plant chlorophyll is green to absorb sunlight. Color has an effect on the world
>>
>>579211528
kim kardashians giant fake ass
>>
>>579211397
>You'll never convince somebody that the individual interprets it's own reality

This is correct, each individual must come to that believe on their own free-will.
>>
>>579211602

meh i fucked ur mom an she didnt even know it jesus
>>
>>579197197
don't get your hopes up, slick

'if this is an illusion, then this must be- no, could be...'

feel sorry for the bros who hooked u up with acid
>>
If the universe only exists because we are here to imagine it, how come people can be wrong about things ?
If i imagine really hard that the sky is red, i will be wrong, won't I ?
>>
>>579211809
Yes, but in a perceived sense.
The plant did not choose to be green, green is just the best color to absorb sunlight.
So in a sense, color does have an effect, but remember there are also colors we can't see.
And if color didn't exist to us, we would see the world differently, with no use for color.
>>
>>579211578
dont forget the recent study that says that japan has a strong chance of being completely destroyed by a massive volcano event in the next 100 years.
>>
>>579193764
>The Fermi Paradox
>>
>>579211809
chlorophyll isn't green, it just appears so because it reflects green light.
>>
>>579193764
>How can you wake up if you are awake?
>>
Not sure if this has been said but
You will never literally see your own face
When you look in a reflective surface you see a reflection of you but you are not directly looking at you
inb4 rip your face off and look at it
>>
>>579201345
1) that's just stupid because all they're doing is taking light as a standard and marveling at how we compare to it.
2) sounds like bullshit after first statement
>>
>>579212081
the reason why you are wrong is because you're retarded
>>
>>579212157
don't sleep
>>
>>579212081

>how come people can be wrong about things ?
>If i imagine really hard that the sky is red, i will be wrong, won't I ?

Do I have the ability to answer your question? Anyway, the sky is purple.
>>
>>579197197
meh scientists used to believe that everything was determined and then they discovered quantum indeterminacy.
>>
Is your blue my blue?
>>
File: 4fSLn.jpg (44KB, 676x900px) Image search: [Google]
4fSLn.jpg
44KB, 676x900px
All the porn you watch is animated porn.
Light reflecting off of a girl is translated into numbers.
Those numbers are used to generate a pattern of small colored dots that trick you mind into thinking it is seeing something that is not really there.
The only difference between a photograph and a painting is the photograph is a mechanical reproduction. It is not a moment in time, it is no more real than any other CGI.
>>
>>579203473

This isn't the transitive property nigga
>>
File: 1414081554050.gif (2MB, 328x215px) Image search: [Google]
1414081554050.gif
2MB, 328x215px
>>579204420

'They' constantly strive for such ^_^m
>>
loved this thread, thanks /b/
>>
File: camus.jpg (160KB, 1321x900px) Image search: [Google]
camus.jpg
160KB, 1321x900px
It's all absurd.

/thread
>>
Start with the Greeks.
>>
>>579206850
terrible description of a righteous sight, bro
>>
>>579193764
"Reading aloud not allowed" means the same as "Reading allowed not aloud"
>>
Here's an archive if anyone wants

http://4archive.org/b/thread/579193764
>>
>>579210527
powerful statement about an ordinary occurence. proceed
>>
>>579212893
/thread
>>
Good stuff, /b/
Thanks for making my morning enjoyable.
>>
File: imagination.jpg (90KB, 401x586px) Image search: [Google]
imagination.jpg
90KB, 401x586px
>>579213180
>http://4archive.org/b/thread/579193764

mah nyugga
>>
The universe is so impossibly big that your entire life, everyone you know and the entire history of this planet up to and including today is insignificant in the grand scheme of things. No matter what you tried, your actions would be in vain as anything you would try to do would not even be a blip on the radar of the universe. We are so cosmically small that it is foolish to assume we are alone. The universe is roughly 13.7 billion years old, and the planet Earth is only roughly 4.5 billion years old. This means that in some of the younger places of the universe, where their planet had formed roughly just 6 billion years after the big bang, civilizations could exist that would be more than 2 billion years older than us.

If you look at the level of evolutionary and technological growth of our world over the past 100,000 years, try to factor how much 2 billion years could have as an impact. From that scale, you can begin to realize how immensely crushing time and space are.

We aren't even ants.
We aren't even the eyes of an ant.
We aren't even a spec of dust on the microhairs of an ant.
We aren't even a cell among that spec of dust.
We are nothing.

We will continue being nothing.

We will never escape this curse, because by the time we would have, if ever we have evolved and survived sufficiently to do so, we would no longer be ourselves but something entirely different.
>>
>>579193764
>>
The techno-human condition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czzdwf_jLhs
>>
>>579210527
hitler did nothing wrong
>>
>>579193942
So, at 1am, she's 1yo and ready for cock?
Maybe YOUR tiny pin prick.

Absolutely nothing can be proven absolutely. You can't even prove anything exists, let alone anything about it.
>>579194401
You can't even prove you exist except by circular argument.

But, if we are to assume the universe and all around us is real, then I think our physicists are going about things the wrong way. They keep searching for a "universal theorem". Something that reduces all of reality into a single mathematical formula. I think this is wrong. There is not one formula, but two.
One expresses the universe as it is, in pure form. The other expresses the way our limited senses perceive the universe. Trying to create a 'universal' theorem that combines the two only diverts our thinking away from what is real and what is merely perception.
I suspect the whole universe is linear - no infinities whatsoever. All the infinities we encounter are merely figments of our limited perceptions.
>>
File: Blaise_Pascal.jpg (3MB, 2000x3008px) Image search: [Google]
Blaise_Pascal.jpg
3MB, 2000x3008px
>>579210527

>some people are so fucked up they think they are doing the right thing. Even Hitler thought he was doing the right thing

What's the difference between thinking you're doing the right thing and doing the right thing?

>pic related, all men seek happiness, it is inherent in everything they do. It is the cause of some going to war, and others not. It is the cause even of men who hang themselves.
>>
Throughout your entire life, every single decision you've made has become part of what you know as your reality. However, did you know that every possible outcome of every decision ever has also happened but instead of being part of what you perceive as your only life has actually branched out into millions of different versions of you in alternate planes of existence or "dimensions" as most people consider them. There's a version of you fucking a supermodel right now, and a version of you that is a world leader. There are trillions upon trillions of different versions of earth all created by the collective decision making of every living creature on earth. There are millions of utopian worlds and millions of dystopian worlds. There are worlds with different types of humans and creatures affected by changes in evolutionary progress, and they all coexist on this same planet earth. Now here's the best part of this theory.. When we dream or have a "spiritual" experience we are just on the brink of coming in contact with other versions of ourselves that actually exist. When we see "ghosts" or other unexplainable phenomena we are usually witnessing a rift between these parallel universes. Did you ever have a dream that felt like it came out of someone else's mind. Where everyone and everything is different than your waking reality but in your dream everything feels right and normal until you awaken and wonder how the fuck your mind could have produced that huge world and all those people you've never seen before? All that detail, all those emotions and all the experiences were real. You were there. You are there. In millions of different exciting worlds you are doing just about everything imaginable right now.
>>
>>579213594
>Absolutely nothing can be proven absolutely
Some can, language for example.
>>
File: 1415190755462.jpg (40KB, 468x365px) Image search: [Google]
1415190755462.jpg
40KB, 468x365px
>>579195769
>>579213468

well combine these two and see what ya come up with
>>
In the latter years of /b/, many posters gave up and became fags.

Proof:Check how many trap threads & rate my cock there are at any given moment.
>>
>>579213759
Prove it.
>>
>>579213759

This is why Bioshock Infinite was ass. Writing about infinite timelines is such a cop out.
>>
I can't regret the name, but a Japanese dr. Linked the effect of words and thought and for they effect the water....... Outside words and things made awesome snow flake like things once frozen, the negative looked like crap, just ugly color and nasty looking... He also did it worth rice
>>
You are obscenely small. There are celestial bodies so large that it would take the age of the universe multiplied by I don't know how many billions for you to walk across (assuming you were immortal). Then you have to consider the distance between us and these bodies, which is even greater. You are puny.
>>
>>579206357

And for any other faggots, prove to me somthing caame from somthing, and why somthing couldn't just have always existed?
>>
>>579213637
>What's the difference
the consequences.

When you harm others, you are doing wrong. But you may justify doing wrong if those you harm were also harming others. Two wrongs may not make a right. But it can prevent an even greater wrong.
Killing lots of Germans to stop HItler, for instance.
>>
>>579213468
My brain.....stop...no. I don't like this.
>>
the immensity and transition of death is so beyond the realm of our normal thought that any attempt to project an idios, mold, or description of it, reflects only the faintest traces of its vastness, coupled with our own inescapable taint
>>
>>579213062
Blew my mind more than anything else in this thread.
>>
>>579214238
this world exists because of intent
>>
>>579213468

Is what you say true?
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.