[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/b/ros what is the best exercise to lose weight in your opinion,

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 115
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (36KB, 600x314px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36KB, 600x314px
/b/ros what is the best exercise to lose weight in your opinion, besides putting down the fork

I'm tired of being a big guy and I need some advice
>>
Sorry champ, but it's all down to diet.
>>
>>578874034
Go to the gym and pump some weights thats faster then walking to lose fett
> end of story
>>
>>578874034
Start to smoke,after a while your gonna lose apetite and start to eat less
>>
There is no shortcut. Gym plus eating well and also patience.
>>
>>578874034
put down the fork
>>
>>578874034
Move to /fit/, read sticky, start SS, thank me one year later, did the same and worked great, i only change a little things of my diet
>>
Start counting your calories
>>
Its not about putting down the fork its about what is on the pointy end of the fork aka the diet. I lost 10 kg this summer by cutting off sweets and fast food also ran and swam every fucking day of the weak even if it was raining cats and dogs.
>>
>>578875173
>letting rippletots have his way with you.
>>
>>578874034
>Pump some weights to gain some muscles. Now you will need more calories.
>Do some cardio to improve your health.
>Eat healthy things and try to eat less calories than you need.
>Be patient and strongminded.

After some weeks you will notice first improvements. After 2-4 months you will most likely have lost severel cm/inch circumference.
>>
>>578874663
I've lost 25kg in 8 months. No diets, just eat smart and healthy. Normal-healthy. Cut out candy, chips, and "sugardrinks". Did a lot of hiking and running (didn't run all the time at first, but it got really good after 4-5months). I was 120kg.
You need to exercise/hike/run at least 3 times a week for progress, any less is just to keep fit.
Weight lifting is good for long lasting fatburning and buliding muscles. But cardio is just as important, and fun when you get in shape.
>>
running is easy way to lose weight + you gain huge muscles on legs
>>
Just water and black coffee .. Food wise is it can rot is good for u.. If it take forever to go bad.. Then it's bad for u... Lift weights and some cardio... No sweets NO SUGAR and portion control.. Over all it's not how u look but how u feel... Think of it as becoming healthy.. Can u say your healthy now?? Cleared by a doctor??
>>
>>578874034
>I'm tired of being a big guy
>of being a big guy
>being a big guy
>a big guy
For You.
>>
>>578875318
yeah fucking golly gee nice for you

>>578874034
Asking questions like this is bullshit because obviously it'll end out in you bailing out and making excuses for not doing the exercise and then just returning to eating. Of course you'd do that and I'd do the absolute fucking same thing if I were in your place, you're speaking about it as a necessity that sucks but ought to be done. It shouldn't be. You should 'simply' find a sport you could be just remotely good at and then start practising. I picked up rugby, lost 16 kg and converted good parts of the rest to muscle. I'm 100kg 190cm now and looking lean. Didn't change my diet. Didn't even aim at losing weight, it just came naturally with the sport.

tl;dr get a fucking sport
>>
Start using cocaine.....its fun and you lose weight quick! Plus u smoke more cigs which brings ur appetite down even more!
>>
as an ex fat fuck, i can tell you how i did it.

the very first thing, i packed in junk food. i didn't only eat salad, but i only ate what i'd made myself.

when you make it yourself, you get into this mind-set where you make it healthier, simply because you can make more. when you're fucking starving, a plate full of chicken salad looks better than a single burger.

i also didn't try and lose weight too quickly. i lost 42 pounds in 6 months. which isn't that great for being on a diet, but it was easy, and i don't feel like i'm missing out on food that i like.

once i'd lost about 20 pounds and i could walk places without getting out of breath, i started walking a bit more. getting off the bus a stop early or taking the long way around to the store.

i'm still a little over my ideal weight by about 10-15 lbs, and that shit is a fucker to lose, because to lose that i am going to have to go to the gym, but i'm ok with my weight right now.

also: drink a fuck load of water before you eat anything.
>>
>>578875997

Factually correct

Not recommended but give it a go
>>
>>578874034
> when you try to go to the gym change your liefstyle fruits are much better than candy
> protip eat rise and turkey its a perfect diät and you get enough to grow your muscels
>>
Go to space
>>
there is literally a whole board here for that, OP
>>/fit/
>>
>>578875648
Also:
>Don't quit
>Be patient
>Don't skip out
>Mind over matter
You don't have to actually count callories, just figure out how much you burn a day, and don't over exeed it.
It's the most regular and ordinary tips that work. Fuck diets
>>
>>578876280

This is random?? And creating a fit thread in random is....random ,???¿
>>
>>578874034
Jump rope
>>
Cut your intake in half, and do high intensity interval training. Swim sprints would probably be best for your fat ass.
>>
>>578876280
> /b/ is for everything faggot
>>
Bike riding
>>
>>578874034
cut off your legs
>>
File: 1412459060986.png (302KB, 599x448px) Image search: [Google]
1412459060986.png
302KB, 599x448px
>>578874034
Former fatty here. It's mostly your diet. Eating at a 500ish deficit to your current BMR will ensure that you steadily lose weight no matter what.

As far as exercises go, anything cardio related will help you burn calories. I recommend lifting weights, too. The sticky on /fit/ has some great pointers.
>>
Thanks all, good advice here. I will check out /fit/ and try some of the advice that you have given
>>
>>578875648
>No diets
> just eat smart and healthy
Thats literally what a diet is you idiot. A diet is an eating habit. Youve changed your eating habits (aka youve changed your diet)
>>
>>578874034
Losing weight and getting ripped is literally 90% diet and 10% exercise, however if you look into compound exercises, that's what will get you burning fat the quickest.
>>
>>578874034
well, was a fatso for son long, now not so much:
eat less, do exercises:
for me it is a smaller portion of food on my main meals, and 3 to 5 times to do something taht puts your heart rate at limit (running, HIIT, weight lifting)
having great results, one size of pants smaller, better more conditioned arms and extremities
>>
>>578876579
yeah, but he will get way better guidance and assistance in a place that is dedicated to that, you ignominious imbecile.
>>
>>578874034
Running. Single handedly running for 30 minutes a day at a slow ass speed if nothing else. Cardio will help you more than anything else and its just as easy as going outside or to a treadmill. Beat advise i can give you is get a good pair of headphones and have an extensive playlist.
>>
>>578877014
No he wont, we will just tell him to read the sticky
>>
>>578874034

Running.
The answer is always running.
Live to run. Run to live.

http://thedancingflower.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/beginner-8-weeks-to-non-stop-30-minutes-run.jpg
>>
running and a healthy diet (lots of fruits and vegetables, whole foods, drink enough water to stay hydrated)
>>
>>578876981
>however if you look into compound exercises, that's what will get you burning fat the quickest.
Cardio burns SIGNIFICANTLY more calories than weightlifting actually (yes, even it you only do compound movements)
>>
>>578874034
Ran cross country in highschool and haven't ever been over 150lbs. Run and eat less.
>>
>>578874034
Insanity helped with me.

>>578874180
It is not all down to diet. It's all down to more calories out than in. You don't have to diet to achieve that. If you used to sit on the couch all day and eat cheetos, and decide to jog a mile every day and keep the same diet, you'll still lose weight.
>>
>>578874034
Weight lifting is the easiest way to lose weight, and it's not that hard. Start off easy just so you can get the habit of going to the gym. This will take a while, but if you start out doing heavy weights, you will stop going to the gym.

Seriously, start with something really really light, almost to where it's no effort at all, then work your way up. You won't sore that way, and you won't as likely get an injury.

For any weight loss through exercise, it all comes down to consistency in going to the gym. Slow and steady wins the race.

If you want to lose weight quicker, you should change your diet. I'd recommend a book called "The Perfect Health Diet". The whole book has evidence from biology of other mammals, studies, biological chemistry, etc. in each chapter. They explain what causes certain cravings and why we like certain foods, as well as what good tasting foods are good for you. It really isn't how much you eat, but rather what you're eating. Your body is pretty good about regulating yourself if you get a balanced diet.
>>
>>578874504
>Fett

Norwegian?
>>
are you gay OP? you should stop thinking about how to lose weight and focus on how to grow muscles
>>
>>578874034
first two weeks: zero bread, rice, potato, pasta
meat and veggies in moderate amounts
breakfast within 30 minutes of rising
bkfast/snack/lunch/snack/dinner
no fruit juice, no sugar drinks (soda, smoothies, mocha/frappaccino_

your metabolism will change.
begin light activity - followed by protein snack

add in a little starch from time to time,
but don't beat yourself up about it.

weigh every day and track it in a log.

throw away your old clothes after you've dropped two sizes.
>>
Start weight training the more muscle you gain =more calories burned daily =the more you can consume daily
>>
>>578874034
By putting down the fork

You don't even need to work out to lose weight

Working out in my opinion is too much effort for fatties to lose weight

When I was fat I literally just fasted and only drank water and took a multivitamin usually. I would never eat more than 500 calories a day if I wanted the taste of food.

I eventually lost 40 pounds in a ridiculously short amount of time and I had a very low body fat. After that I was just skin and bones so I ate a lot of protein and lifted weights and I started looking muscular.
>>
>Pirate p90x3
>Get a 15 quid pull up bar from your nearest place that sells that sort of thing
>30 mins a day
>See big improvement in 3 months if you push yourself
>Won't recognise yourself after 6 months
>>
>>578874034
Nice, bro. I'm happy to hear.

You'll do it.
>>
File: 1415498168181.jpg (2KB, 126x123px) Image search: [Google]
1415498168181.jpg
2KB, 126x123px
I went from 385 to 330 walking. The catch is to talk long durations, 1-3 hrs, with some elevation. This was a huge calorie consumer. As time went on I finally got in control of my eating habits but I hit an equalibrium. After losing a lot of weight diet and exercise wouldn't cut it, so I started lifting. Having more muscle helps increase your metabolism. I'm at 290 now and I hope to be below 250 within the next year. I also went to Ketogenic for my diet and found it controlled my hunger, hope this helps.
>>
>>578877367
I think you're overestimating the power of exercise.
Sure it's good for cardiovascular health, but your body is very efficient and running moderately for 30 minutes burns maybe 500 calories, which is a couple of bags of crisps.

So the choice is either eat 500 calories worth of food, then run it off. Or you can just not eat the food.
>>
You'd be surprised how amazing of a program P90X is... I totally recommend it...

And if you look on youtube, there are some insanely overweight people that have done the program and absolutely put me to shame...
>>
>>578877367
Do you realize how many calories you burn when you jog? It's insignificant, it only improves your respiratory system and overall health, gets you moving. Using exercise as a way to lose weight does not work, using it side by side with a diet? That'll work.
>>
>>578874034
Go on a Keto
>>
>>578877393
This is false.
Take this from a bro who browsed /fit/ for a long time.

Weight lifting is great for building muscle. If you want to lose weight, you do cardio. If you want to lose weight and build muscle at the same time, you combine the two in ratios that fit your needs.

Don't have a lot of weight to lose but want to build muscle? Decent cardio and fill the rest with weight lifting.

Have a lot of weight to lose and want to slim down? Cardio.

Doesn't take much more than cardio and a decent diet to lose weight. No matter how much you eat, eat something that's productive.

If you eat once a day, it'll take time to lose weight.
If you eat 6 times a day, it'll take less time since you're consuming and replacing a lot of fat.

Seriously, just google. Run a few miles a day and stop eating shit.
>>
jiujitsu

/thread
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (419KB, 687x852px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
419KB, 687x852px
>>578877789
And to prove I'm not totally full of shit, this was me 2 years ago.
>>
>>578874034
>besides putting down the fork
Nub... The ONLY way to lose weight is to change your diet. Exercise along CAN'T do it.

Basically: What you eat determines how big you are. Exercise determines how how that weight is broken down between muscle and fat.
>>
>>578877367
>If you used to sit on the couch all day and eat cheetos, and decide to jog a mile every day and keep the same diet, you'll still lose weight.

Correct, but you'd end up craving more Cheetos. It's not as simple as calories in vs out because there's the matter of willpower.

Controlling cravings is an important matter in losing weight.
>>
>>578874034
swimming... no impact on your joints, works out every part of your body, and the resistance in water gives you a good work out.
>>
>>578878041

Good shit son .. Keep up the hard work
>>
>>578878210
Well though you are giving good advice, technically no, if he was exercising to the effect of burning more calories than his current diet was putting in, he would lose weight.
>>
>>578878041
You went from fat to skinnyfat, GG faggot.

Why did you not work out? You already had the bulk down, all you had to do was work out and cut a bit and you coulda looked good. You dun goofed
>>
>>578877345
More than compound exercises? I think you'll find it doesn't, unless you're doing stupid amount of running.
>>
>>578878041
You may be looking too skinny now lel
>>
File: R4owdC2.png (695KB, 1024x735px) Image search: [Google]
R4owdC2.png
695KB, 1024x735px
>>578878041
Good for you man! Looking good. The difference is pretty startling.
>>
>>578877103
this if you want to keep it simple
>>578876339
absolutely this
Op, really, it is just about patience
i use only bodyweight and cardio, and i havd excellent results in the 2 to 3 months i have been on it.
just, eat smaller portions (and eat healthy stuff), and hit the street if you like, though you'll need patience to see results BUT you will see them
>>
>>578878041
went from a fatass to a weak ass dweeb exactly my point >>578877459
>>
>>578878545
Stop pretending everyone wants to be become he-man, some people want to be just skinny and if they have never been so before.
>>
>>578874034
Do pushups, crunches and start running to gain a little muscle and lose weight.

Then start lifting weights and get cut.
>>
>>578878476
The body burns calories all the time, your TDEE or total daily energy expendature is the amount of calories that the body requires to just stay alive when sleeping.
Exercise adds to it, but it's insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

>>578878545
I know right, even though I was dieting, I was still lazy and didn't exercise.
Having experienced both sides, I'd take skinny fat over being fat any day.
>>
Do jump ropes at least an hr per day and increase the time weekly.
Afterwards, slowly work your way into triathlon.

You cannot be fat if you jump rope an hr per day at least for couple months.

and You'll be fit as fuck if you transition in to triathlon
>>
>>578878041
you may be too skinny indeed, but if your objective was to lose weight you damn well did it man
>>
>>578874034
walking
>>
Just take DNP m8
>>
>>578877789
I used to weight 180 at 5'4 back when I was in middle school. I got up to 6'1 or so and my weight kept gaining.
I started working out by doing wall push-ups every night. My arms stopped feeling so fatty. They started shrinking. I eventually got stronger and did crunches and push-ups. Then I started going to the gym. Then started taking jogs, walks, etc.
The only thing I ever changed in my diet was my chips/soda habits, and I've been back to eating chips, but keep losing weight.
Even the lightest exercise can have a huge impact on your weight, depending on your size.
>>
File: 1293777223647.png (1MB, 821x900px) Image search: [Google]
1293777223647.png
1MB, 821x900px
Keto nigga.

Down 60 lbs this year with a relaxed ~20-30g a day limit with a couple of cheat days every month. Haven't even started exercise yet.
>>
Lifting and running at least one mile a day. You don't gain as much muscle mass it you do lose the most weight this way.
>>
>>578879272
>I used to weight
Fuck I'm a faggot.
>>
>>578879297
Don't do this. You will have heart problems. Ever since I did keto my heart has been feeling weird and fucked up.
>>
I dont care what anybody says to you
Fastest way to lose weight is run
Truth
Just run, start slow obviously
Eventually just run, when you plateau
Add ankle weights of move to a treadmill
Then go back to running
There's no such thing as a miracle diet or miracle pill
Also substitute one meal (preferably lunch) for whey protein isolate shake (no more than 30g
Eat lots of potatoes and steak
195lb hockey player
Yea I'm stronger and more fit than most
Run dude just run, fastest way to shed
>>
>>578874034
let go of products with fat % of more than 1,5%
let go of products with a lot of sugar
else, eat what you want
go walk 30 min each day
>>
If there is one thing you can be a proper autist about it's this, whatever method you choose, it needs to be consistent. This is a lifestyle thing and your excuses will show up on the scale. Good luck. Now stop being weak and workout.
>>
>>578876428
>wut
>>
>>578879582
The bigger worry is kidney stones.
>>
>>578876861

Dumb people think a diet is something temporary.
>>
join a mma or crossfit gym and make sure you go on a routine, like Mon Wed and Fri EVERY WEEK EVERY TIME. Best results.
>>
>>578879676
That too. Keto is something you really only do if you're already pretty fit. Just to get down some fat% if you're really struggling.
>>
Alb cycle liek an baws
>>
>>578879425
No don't lift, he wants to lose weight, lifting does not shed lbs, once he's lost weight then he can lift to tone and build
>>
I use my dumbbells, go on walks occasionally, drink only water, workout and ride the stationary bicycle (English is not my mother tongue) and I am still fat. What is this cardio you are talking aboot?
>>
>>578880151
If he wants to be a big, muscular dude he might as well start right off with lifting.
>>
>>578880151

>tone

oh jesus...
>>
>>578874034
A consistent swimming routine is the most noticeable and least harsh cardio routine I have ever found. It burns fat like nothing else.

Once you lose some weight and build up your endurance (and make sure you have low cholesterol) you can move from doing regular consistent laps, to a high intensity interval training (HIIT) lap routine. That will get you in really good shape.

Circuit training in the gym is also pretty effective, but you have to make sure you use good form in all of your lifts.
>>
>>578874034
buy a longboard

i love 70 lbs in 3 months skating to the places i needed to go

dont bike cuz its less of a work out and cycleists are gay
>>
>>578880239
Big muscular doesn't equate to power and strength, size does not make power, and he said he wants to lose weight, not be a mirror whoring gym dousche
>>
No processed sugars, no starch, no carbs. Lots of protein. Take a walk every now and then.
>>
>>578880151
Lifting weights burns alot of calories. More than previously thought
>>
>>578880492

someone is insecure.
>>
>>578875254
i misread that as "coloring"
>>
>>578880228
And I also swim
>>
>>578880326
Forgot swimming! Swimming will produce almost the same results as the running I suggested but much less strain.....this anon is 100& right. Plus if you're real big, and probably not active, running will shred your knees and ankles, run after you get comfortable putting laps in the pool
>>
>>578880492
>Getting this mad over people being bigger than you
Kek
>>
>>578874034
Eat healthier and exercise alot! Thats it!

Find something you really like to do, don't be afraid to try different things, try going to the gym and lifting weights, playing football, doing martial arts or whatever you find interesting.
You need to stick with it for a long time to get in shape so you'll need to find something you'll enjoy!
I've been doing kickboxing for many years and I really can't do without it so it keeps me going!

Good luck faggot!
>>
swimming + biking
>>
>>578880848
Imagining "anger" so you can have something to say....priceless.
>>
>>578880512
>No carbs
Nigger, find a food that has no carbs, sugars or starch.
>>
>>578880987
>I was only pretending to be angry, guys
>I'm still strong even though I'm tiny
>>
>>578881061

You know damn well what I meant, so shut your cocksucker.
>>
>>578874034
>I'm tired of being a big guy and I need some advice

Here are some things that help.

1) Keep in mind, it takes 20 minutes for your brain to get the signal from your stomach that you're full. Stop eating before you get full and wait more than 20 minutes to see if you really are still hungry.

2) Use smaller plates. It's really true that people will serve themselves more food if they are given a bigger plate.

3) Get over the idea of "the clean plate club". You DON'T have to finish what's on your plate. If there's enough, save it for the next day, or at least save it to eat later that day replacing an extra snack you would have eaten. But get in the mindset of expecting NOT to finish everything on the plate, especially if eating out where the portions are huge.

4) Try to choose less carb rich foods. Carbs make you crave carbs. It's a vicious cycle. Go for a steak dinner or chicken instead of a plate of pasta.

5) Work really hard at the above stuff for a couple of weeks at least. It gets easier the longer you do it. You'll find you get full faster and you eat less. Don't expect enormous immediate results. Work on changing your behavior and the results will come eventually.
>>
>>578874034
1x1 fork put downs

Do it at every meal until you're at your goal weight.

Weight loss is all diet. Exercise is for cardiovascular health.

Don't fall into that whole "oh I exercised today I CAN have that pizza because I burned the calories off" mentality.
>>
>>578881061
Wouldn't he want high carbs if he's just starting a heavy exercise regiment? Carbs convert to energy. People who are fit and active and routinely wworkout should avoid carbs
>>
>>578874034
the day /b/ turned into /fit/.. why did you ask the fattest people on the internet about losing weight

>kek
>>
Find a job that requires a lot of physical demand, like carrying wood or bags of fertilizer maybe
Thread posts: 115
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.