[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Justify meat eating to me /b/, because I can't do it anymore.

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 22

File: awaitingtheinevitable.jpg (418KB, 980x609px) Image search: [Google]
awaitingtheinevitable.jpg
418KB, 980x609px
Justify meat eating to me /b/, because I can't do it anymore.
>>
>>575146457
It tastes good.
>>
>>575146457
It tastes fucking good

-Sincerely, a guy who ate a 6 oz steak at fridays
>>
it's yummy
>>
>>575146457
Its very tasty. And I dont watch the cows being killed, I dont have to.
>>
>>575146591
Barely. Not without marinade, seasoning, sauce etc

Chared flesh just on it's own is kinda bland.
>>
>>575146457
It tastes good

Sincerely, a guy who is about to go wing night at a dining hall
>>
>>575146457
Taste. That's it. If you honestly don't prefer the taste of meat to plants, have at it.
>>
They aren't smart enough to defend themselves against a superior species.
>>
>>575146457
because not eatting meat doesnt mean we slaughter less, it just spoils more
>>
>>575146696
So literally your argument is ignorance? Proud ignorance?
>>
>>575146756
dont need marinade, althou it does help, and how the hell do you prepare your meat if its charred and bland?
>>
>>575146457
maybe not meat, but you will need fish and eggs to stay healthy
>>
>>575146457
dat brotein
animal fats essential for brain development
tastes like vegan tears deliscious
i will eat all the meat i can
>>
>>575146798
I do like the taste, I just can't justify funding a shitty industry that murders things for my pleasure.

>>575146815
So we can kill anyone and anything less stupid than use because we can?

>>575146862
>Implying i'm not also against leather and other animal use products.
>>
>>575146903

What is he being ignorant about? He admits the problem, is okay with it and continues to eat meat.

More like Proud I don't give a fuck about the political issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 201x269px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 201x269px
>>575146457
Unless you hunt it down out inawoods or something you're not wrong. I quit eating red meat over 10 years ago.
>>
>>575146457
Lel, people acting up when they see something resembling a human expression of sadness.

We already know cows can be afaird, sad or depressed by cow body language and behavior.
>>
>>575146457
You're an omnivore, live as nature intended.

Of course if you want to promote good treatment of animals that's fine too, just don't imagine that abstaining from meat does an animal any good.

Not that it'll matter, shit will be mass produced in vats before long.
>>
only retards think it's better (or different) to kill plants than animals
>>
>>575146980
I marinade it, my point

>>575146987
>>575146995
Supplements, and you can get your protein, calcium, and omega from other foods.
>>
>>575147124
>you just said eat
>>
>>575147292
>inferior
>>
File: 5274365.jpg (48KB, 572x431px) Image search: [Google]
5274365.jpg
48KB, 572x431px
>>575146457
it's natural
>>
>>575147124
>So we can kill anyone and anything less stupid than use because we can?
yep simple as that. survival of the fittest we are just pretty efficient.
>>
Because I buy local so I don't support savages and underpaid Mexicans, and give my money to farmers and butchers that let their livestock graze freely.
>>
>>575147173
>Implying apathy isn't worse than ignorance.

>>575147193
That doesn't really concern me, I just don't think it's our right to kill something for nothing but pleasure.

>>575147196
>Live as nature intended.
Okay, as long as you do the same and get rid of your laptop and all of your electricity.

>>575147209
>Kill plants
Go to a strawberry picking farm, and then go to an slaughter house. Surely there's no difference then!?
>>
>>575146457
Vegans keep saying it kills you, but they are the ones looking sick and as if they have starved themselves. In addition to that: There are supplements they should take. I know, too much meat isn't healthy either, but nobody said I'll have to eat it exclusively. I do what's in my nature as an omnivore and eat everything - it's also fucking delicious. Vegans and vegetarians are also fucking crybabies at restaurants - everyone hates them.
>>
You aren't seriously empathizing with a fucking cow are you?

That's weak
>>
>>575147358
They would be the later stages. I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian yet, but I can no longer justify why I should contribute to this awful industry.
>>
>>575146457
Don't wanna eat meat?
Don't eat meat.
More meat for me.
>>
>>575146457
It taste good and the protein is good, that's all the reason I need to eat it.
>>
>>575147779
>Okay, as long as you do the same and get rid of your laptop and all of your electricity.
theres a difference between ah fuck it you wont get it anyway
>>
>>575147779
Didn't mean you, just these cow tears caused quite a reaction.
>>
File: 1384737725765.jpg (61KB, 670x605px) Image search: [Google]
1384737725765.jpg
61KB, 670x605px
>>575147124
>I just can't justify funding a shitty industry that murders things for my pleasure

It's a fucking animal. You should probably kill it before you eat it.

>>575147779
Okay, as long as you do the same and get rid of your laptop and all of your electricity.

Kill yourself, retarded vegan.
>>
>>575146457

let me state two facts to help you.

> you a democrat//left wing moron foreigner
> you are fine with killing unborn humans

there you go. if you are fine with that, you would be fine with eating meat from retarded animals
>>
>>575147124
Murder is an act between two equals that is committed in malice. Cows do not have a concept of murder and we do not consider killing cows for sustenance to be murder.
>>575147963
If you want guilt free meat, buy a calf, show it a wonderful few years of life living in the best conditions you can provide, then kill the beast in the most humane way possible. Only then will you realize how prohibitively expensive treating animals as humans is.
>>
>>575147571
But we literally do not have to anymore, nothing is going to come and "dethrone" us if we don't eat meat. I am not some fucking wolf that relies on hunting prey to survive, I am not a primitive human, I (we can all) survive just fine without animal products.

>>575147885
>Psychopathy (/saɪˈkɒpəθi/) (also known as, though sometimes distinguished from sociopathy /ˈsoʊsiəˌpæθi/) is traditionally defined as a personality disorder characterized by enduring antisocial behavior, diminished empathy and remorse, and disinhibited or bold behavior.
>>
>>575146457
food in the form of animal flesh is a much more efficient way of nourishing the body than vegtables alone. keep in mine that chimps, one of the smartest animals on the planet, will actively hunt and kill other monkeys for food, while gorillas are strictly vegetarian, and are about as intelligent as your average 3 year old
>>
>>575146457

That cow looks fucking delicious. When it cries it means the meat is just right and tender.
>>
>>575146457

Don't question a good thing OP
>>
>>575147124
I've seen videos of animals in slaughterhouses and factory farms abd honestly it just didn't faze me. Nothing will stop me frim wanting a fat , juicy steak.
>>
>>575146457
If you stop buying meat, the market price will drop and more and more people will be able to afford it and eat it, thus more animals will suffer
>>
>>575147551
>it's natural
Inawoods or in the wild; organic, non steroid and antibiotic infused meat. Yes, but that store bought shit; can't trust it.
>inb4 tin foil hat, 9/11 truther
>>
>>575147779
Our nature is that of an adaptive, omnivorous tool user. Technology is part of human nature, fucking our diet out of misguided ideology has nothing to do with that.
>>
>>575146457
>tastes good
>numerous of proteins and vitamins
>a varied meal is healthy, contrary to strictly veggies
>>
OP eats meat every night
>>
>>575147816
>Vegans keep saying it kills you
There are lots of extremely healthy vegans, it's basically proven to be actually better for you. Just look up vegan body builders, you can be just as, if not more healthy as a vegan,

>No one said i'll have to eat exclusively.
The point is I don't think we should be eating it at all, to me I can't see why something has to die just for my pleasure. Like, i'm not even that big of an animal person, I just can't justify murder.
>>
>>575146457

I won't i'm a vegetarian.
Fuck anyone who says they know what happened before their stake landed on their plate because most of them don't, go watch earthlings and then reconsider your meateating.
>>
>>575147292
>supplements
that sounds expensive
>get things from other foods
that means to be very carefull with the food

I guess those are not big deals, compared to all the animal suffering. But this suffering has been always in nature, and it will stay doesn´t matter what you do.
It´s like pretending to reduce CO2 by banning cars in a world full of vulcanoes.
>>
File: troy.jpg (20KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
troy.jpg
20KB, 320x240px
>>575146457
you are an animal

animals eat each other

evolution gave us a neo cortex so we can lure stronger dumber animals, imprision them and shape or eviroment in order to kill them so we can eat them

you are not special, you are not god's gift to the world, you are just using what nature or whatnot gave to you, a smarter brain

given a chance a cow would eat the shit out of you
>>
>>575148341
Blackbirds are also one of the smartest animals on the planet, so we should all only eat worms.

Mice are also one of the smartest animals on the planet, so we should all only eat cheese.

If a being can feel pain and emotion it doesn't deserve to be killed. It's all very simple.
>>
>>575148458
>>inb4 tin foil hat, 9/11 truther

Why do you need to inb4 faggot? Because you know exactly what you are, thanks for showing us.
>>
File: 18357331.jpg (143KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
18357331.jpg
143KB, 400x400px
>>575146457
Evolution on this planet is an endless, tedious battle between organisms slowly adapting to reach superiority over the planet and its inhabitants. Refusing to eat meat is a spit in the face of every organism that existed in the chain that allows you to be the dominant species you are today.

Being a vegan or vegetarian trivializes every caveman that died in the frozen wastes without finding food and every prey animal that was sacrificed to ensure the continuation of a predator species.

You are the sum of millions of years of this savage battle, and to refuse your right as the alpha creature of this planet is not only an insult to every predator that is vying for this position, both those prey species that support their existence.
>>
Animals eat other animals without remorse. Quit being a pussy and eat up.
>>
>>575148415
most people can afford meat, hell people can afford wasting meat
>>
>>575148804

> stake

I'm sorry steak.
>>
If we didn't farm and eat animals in this country they would die out, cows are exclusively farmed in this country, if nobody ate them we'd use the space for other shit.
>>
Ever had kobe beef? Shit is the fucking bomb.
>>
>>575146756
Op just doesnt know how to cook.
>>
>>575148080
How is there a difference? We've bypassed so much of what was the "original human" we live in a completely different material society. We are not hunter gatherers and we will not perish if we don't consume animals.

>>575148008
So you don't care about the mass slaughter and terrible treatment of animals?

>>575148124
We shouldn't be killing them at all.

>Kill yourself, retarded vegan.
Nice argument.

>>575148204
People can do what the fuck they want with a cluster of cells growing inside them. IF you have to know, i'm not actually pro-abortion per say. But that's another discussion.

Also i'm not a fucking democrat.
>>
>>575148321
we dont need to build toilets to shit but we still do it. why? because we want and can.
dont bring up some weird morals which you think everyone should have.
>>
>>575148821
>birds eat meat and mice eat meat
>>
>>575146457
lel OP u r da kinda guy who I could kill his entire family in front of him and still kill you because you're such a pussy you'd freeze in fear
>>
>>575146457

You're literally built for it. All negative effects are from processed meat (something brainwashing vegans tend to skip) If you hunt you're doing the ecosystem a favour (depending where you are and what you hunt)

I'm against shitty conditions for animals because I don't see the point causing that much pain to save someone a few credits but meat is great and always will be.
>>
>>575146457
Because I don't give enough of a shit about the well-being of farm animals not to.
>>
File: sour_feels.jpg (58KB, 500x411px) Image search: [Google]
sour_feels.jpg
58KB, 500x411px
>>575146457
You literally kill millions of organisms every day of your life.

You, your, home, and everything you own is either made of or covered in dead things. meat byproducts are everywhere and in everything, from chewing gum to your chair. We kill things to simply exist. It's inevitable.

Poaching, animal cruelty and sport killing can all be things that are reasonable to fight against, but if you are eating the animal it's life has not got to waist.
>>
>>575149119

you just admitted my claim was correct. killin u nborn humans is fine, then so is eating meat from retarded animals.

you vote democrat, dont be ashamed
>>
>>575146457
It's natural. If you were the cow, and the cow was the human, it would eat you with some ketchup. Stop being such a faggot, and grow up. Eating meat is something normal.
>>
File: image.jpg (248KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
248KB, 960x720px
>>575148613
>>
>>575148810
>given a chance a cow would eat the shit out of you
If a cow had the mental facilities this the given chance similar to op, she would have the same dilemma about wether eating humans is right or wrong, and would argue with an other cow.
>>
>>575148613
Morally speaking, give me one good reason why I should care about slaughtered animals ending up on my dinner plate.
>>
>>575147176
so what did you do switch to chicken nuggets now faggot?
>>
>>575148975
Well sure, but the price of meat is the only thing stopping me from eating meat exclusively
If the price went down people would just bit more meat
>>
>>575146756
Shitty cook detected

git gud faggot
>>
>>575148975
The price of meat is higher than most other food products. If I could buy meat at an affordable price I would be eating nothing but meat,grains, and fruits
>>
>>575149312
I'd eat that bitch if you cooked her right.
>>
>>575149561
>eating meat exclusively
Most people don't have such disgustign eating habits either
>>
>>575146457
because it's been proven that plants feel pain too so there's no justifying that meat eater's are monsters for causing so much pain to animals.
>>
OP is clearly a salad eating woman, please disregard this histerical woman's opinion, also
>sage
>>
>>575149778
>nothing but meat,grains, and fruits
that's what people eat anyways
+ vegetables
how can you not like tomatoes, peppers and such
>>
>>575150114
I forgot about the peppers they go great with steak.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 200x195px
>>575149829
*morbidly obese disgusting man pig hybrid detected*
>>
>>575149514
I live in Australia and I pretty much eat only sea food lol
>>
>>575149923
>because it's been proven that plants feel pain too
Holy shit, where do you get these kind of insanity.
Plants have no structures even similar let alone homolog to a nervous system.
>>
>>575149119
>>575148996

If we didn't kill them they'd never ahve been alive in the first place fag.

I don't fucking know about Americunt farming but here in the UK we have plenty of local butchers and shit that love animals and give the animals the best lives that they can and if they didn't do this shit the animals would never have been alive.

McDonalds beef and shit is probablygiven shit living conditions, just don;t eat any hyper-corporate shit.
>>
>>575149923

I think meat is delicious as fuck, and I would never stop eating it unless it ceased to exist, but you are the most retarded fuck on the planet.
>>
>>575147124
Hey mate. I had that thoughts too. Went vegan for half a year. Then I realized how many animals are killed in vegtetable farming, all those squirrels and stuff. It doesn't really matter. Just enjoy your life man. Everything else is stupid.
>>
>>575149312
I'd walk up to that protest event and say
"Excuse me sir, how much for this fine bitch right here, I have quite a few recipies I would like to try out and she looks like a great deal."
>>
File: 1413902314785.jpg (692KB, 816x3048px) Image search: [Google]
1413902314785.jpg
692KB, 816x3048px
>>575146457
found this image on a thread here on /b. Though it would be approriate to put this here op.
This, unfortunately happens but happens so deal with it. Eat your meat.
>>
>>575146756
>charred flesh
>not cooked meat

you're doing it wrong son
>>
>>575146457
Eating meat is more efficient than eating vegetation.
Learn5HighschoolBiology
>>
>>575147779
>>Implying apathy isn't worse than ignorance.

No you're right, it is worse but it's still not ignorant.

Good job on being retarded?
>>
I raise my own cattle and pigs and hunt deer for meat. My cows are grass fed and the pigs eat damn well too. No hormones or artificial bullshit here. My animals live a better life than they would have otherwise. Deer overpopulate the area I'm in due to no natural predators. No bad feels here about meat eating. We're omnivores and need a mix of plants and animals to be healthy. Just don't get your meat from a supermarket or other mass-produce shithole.
>>
>>575147292
Ok fine, supplements. Complete proteins can only be found in meat however, not other foods, you'd have to consume severel plants to form the needed aminos for your body, now you run into issues with water displacement for soils and such. There's always a down side.
Supplements are fine and all, but it's a slippery slope, say everyone is forced into supplements and meat production vanishes because "we can do it with tech now" then one day we hit a financial crash and all these supplements dry up. Then there's no meat as well.
We are omnivorous, we thrived off this. The nutrition from our omnivorous diet has allowed our species to develope advanced brain function allowing us to become apex predators, top of the food chain.

You won't find sympathy here.
>>
>>575146457
It's tasty and culturally acceptable.
>>
Cattle and poultry deserve to live, no matter for how short a time. But these animals wouldn't even exist if we didn't raise and slaughter them.

Plus they taste good, and we're animals at our core, so it's no different than a lion eating a zebra.
>>
>>575146457
Justify living on earth to me, we could be living on the moon.
>>
>>575148316
>Cows do not have a concept of murder
So therefore we can commit mass murder just because they don't know about it? Should we start eating people who go brain dead then? Or murder mentally handicapped kids because they don't know any better?

>>575148316
>kill the beast in the most humane way possible
There is no such thing as humane killing when there is no reason. That cow wouldn't have to die.

>>575148341
It's only efficient because it's fucking cheap and everywhere. We don't HAVE to use animals to survive, I don't know how many times I have to repeat this.

>Also correlation =/= causation.

>>575148398
Refer to my definition of psychopath.

>>575148415
An industry can only survive if it's products are in demand. Remove the demand, destroys the industry.

>>575148479
Except our diet can still be changed. We're at the point now where we don't face starvation if we don't eat meat.

>>575148563
>Tastes good
Implying that matters, killing something for your own pleasure isn't justified.
>proteins and vitamins
Which you can get elsewhere.
>varied meal is healthy
Again, we can get suitable nutrients elsewhere.

>>575148804
When did you stop eating meat man?

>>575148808
>that sounds expensive
That's a market problem, not a problem with Veganism.

>But this suffering has always been in nature.
So therefore we should take no steps to reduce when are literally the most advanced we have ever been?

>>575148810
>>575148872
>>575148907
We don't need to do this anymore. We are not hunter gatherers. No other animal kills on the same industrial scale with the same amount of prolonged cruelty that we do. You're not a fucking alpha because you bought a steak,

>>575148996
You're implying extinction is worse than living a life of captivity for the needs of another organism. Also, i'd never support leaving the animals we previously incarcerated just to die out.
>>
>>575146457
If you don't eat meat, you're a herbivore.
Herbivores are food.
>>
>>575150434
>seafood
I approve of your diet, personally I haven't had red meat in a couple of months now, I tend to eat a lot of seafood, mostly crab,shrimp, fresh fish, and spiny crayfish(pacific lobster). it'll be trout season soon and I plan to go fishing.
>>
>>575150780
That's the best way to get and eat meat. too bad most people have no such opportunity
>>
>>575146457
let me guess you're into furries now and can't stand the idea of eating the same meat you want to love and fuck so badly?
>>
>>575147124
what do you eat then cause plants and stuff are living too and they get killed just like animals for you to be able to eat them?
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 649x973px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 649x973px
>>575150780
This guy gets it
>>
>>575149307
>you vote democrat, don't be ashamed
>democrat, don't be ashamed
>be ashamed
>kek
>>
File: 1413689856073.gif (1MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1413689856073.gif
1MB, 300x169px
>>575146457
I always expect OP to be a faggot, but you sir take it to another level.
>>
Try and justify eating Fruit and Vegetables. They're living things too.
>>
It tastes good.
>>
>>575151025
Stop acting like a pussy and eat your meat boy
Sit here and argue about it with your pa and youll just get a beating
>>
>>575149147
>we dont need to build toilets to shit but we still do it. why? because we want and can.
That doesn't require murdering anything.

>>575149187
>You're literally built for it.
I'm not talking about negative effects of meat. I'm talking about the fact that we don't HAVE to murder things anymore, all the alternatives are right there.

>>575149275
Killing germs with fairy liquid is not the same thing as mass industrialised slaughter of animals.

>>575149307
A cluster of cells =/= a person.

9/10 for making my reply though.

>>575149321
Because it's another living creature which has no reason to die.

>>575149976
Not an argument.

>>575150440
This. I never know if people are serious with the whole "b-but you're killing plants!" argument.

>>575150450
I come from the UK. Again, there is no such thing as ethical slaughter.
>>
>>575146457
It's easy.

>Chop off the bad parts like with your fruit or vegetables
>cook it
taste the deliciousness
>???????
>profit

seriously now, your body is desinged to eat that shit. human race didn't start eating animals out of malevolence or need for gourme tastes.
It's healhy for you. if you want to tkae pills of concetrated proteins and other meat nutrition do so in the knowledge those pills are made somehow, and no dirt or plants are involved in the process.
>>
>>575151676
mur·der
ˈmərdər/Submit
noun
the unlawful premeditated killing of one human being by another.
Stop saying murder your not using it correctly faggit
>>
>>575146457
Why do people feel the need to impose their lifestyles upon others?
>>
>>575151531
They have no nervous system and any capability to suffer or feel pain.
Pain is strongly related to movement, thus avoidance. Plants have no means to avoid. Pain would serve them in no ways.
Here you go.
>>
File: Deer eats bird.webm (2MB, 320x240px)
Deer eats bird.webm
2MB, 320x240px
>>575151025
I love to discuss with vegans because you actually are right, so the debate represents a challenge.

Could you tell me, please, what do you think about eating plants?
And don´t use the "we don´t know if they feel"; if that´s an argument, any man from the middle ages can beat veganism.
>>
>>575146457
It tastes good, even better when you're the one that kills it
>>
>>575152036
>They have no nervous system and any capability to suffer or feel pain.

Wrong faggot. Science much?
>>
File: 1413595773716.png (64KB, 716x720px) Image search: [Google]
1413595773716.png
64KB, 716x720px
>>575146457
Humans are omnivores, back at the dawn of man we were scavengers back in Africa. Most of us made due with what we had. Like bone marrow and wild flowers. So we couldn't afford to be picky then. Now with the recession, meat is a valuable source for protein, and lots of cow, and chicken is good for developing families in the ghetto. I know from experience, my mother could feed my whole family for up to three days with a crock-pot and 14 dollars for meat and mirepoix. I was poor then, and I'm poor now, so each morning I make a simple meal, containing everything I need to survive at my minimum wage job. I can't choose not to eat meat OP because if I did I would fucking starve, and for what? A couple of vegetarians/vegans or whatever the fuck you're calling yourselves nowadays, aren't going to stop animal farming. So why fucking bother? There is always going to be a supply and demand for delicious meat so just accept it and buy yourself a turkey leg or some shit.
>>
>>575152027
>lifestyles
Because when it is about a large moral dilemma, it becomes a bit more than: you should run more, I am a runner!
>>
>>575146457
OP, just by reading your postst I can confirm that you've gone totally out of your mind. Please consider to become normal again. Meat is healthy and it tastes good. Have you ever sat by a chicken and took a good look at it? I have. These animals are made to eat, they can't do anything except procreating and being an easy pray. Get real OP, becoming a vegan will result in you becoming a vegetable because it isn't healthy and against all laws of nature.
>>
Because humans are the stronger animal! It's natural to eat other animals just like the lion eats the zebra! We are just technologically more advanced which gives us even more right to rule animals...
If you want to eat plants.. do it but don't fucking preach about it.. you guys are worse then any fucking religion
>>
>>575146457
>It's legal so there's no repercussion.
>Morality is a baseless rationalization of biologically ingrained imperatives which ensure cooperation and survival.
>The reason we have cattle to slaughter in the firs place is because we bred them with that purpose in mind
>>
>>575151025
>So therefore we can commit mass murder just because they don't know about it? Should we start eating people who go brain dead then? Or murder mentally handicapped kids because they don't know any better?
I'm pretty sure I defined murder at the beginning of my post so I found it weird that you continue to use that word like it means something to me.
Yes we should eat brain dead people, continue the circle of life and whatnot.
Why stop at kids? There are such things as mentally handicapped adults, why not eat them too?
>There is no such thing as humane killing when there is no reason. That cow wouldn't have to die.
So you are saying that if I were to engineer a gene into a cow that, once presented with a trigger chemical, would shut down the brain slowly over the period of 8 hours after first putting the cow to sleep it would not be humane? I find that hard to believe.
>>
>>575146457
the bacteria and amino acids we digest from meat products aid the immune system from the same bacteria that is airborne from the waste produced from the same animals. In the long run eat all veggies, cold autumn wind brings bacteria in from the north, that bacteria originated from the scent and odors of animal waste, this bacteria now makes you sick and you die from it due to only eating veggies.
>>
>>575152338
You see heaven there is nothing morally wrong with eating an animal
>>
>>575150990
reroll
>>
>>575146457
Then don't, I don't have to justify shit, nor do you.

Welcome to America.
>>
>>575152036
Gee doctor! You mean you can kill them because they don't feel pain and that's suddenly moral?!

Maybe I was wrong killing all them animals for food without breaking their spines first. Nothing to feel after that shit!
>>
>>575152338
But what I eat does not determine who I am as long as I am a physically healthy individual.
>>
>>575151676
You're too idealistic man....

But thats fine I guess, if this is what you believe campaign for it instead of whining about it on 4chan, you might make a difference someday if you really try.

I think that just by living we're all sort of murderers, since 2003 over 140,000 other innocent human beings have been slaughtered in wars we were involved in, and thats just civilians, if you view the soldiers as innocents too, which could be argued, the figures even higher, we kill for resources like oil from other countries and then waste in on stupid shit like diving around to stupid shit and making plastic, it's all fucked.
>>
>>575146457

It depends on your biology and what it can take.

I, for example, cannot digest (most) animal protein properly. Just not built for it. Fish, however, is fine, so I stick to that and everything else nature provides.

Some people NEED red meat, or their body breaks down.

Really? Follow your biology's needs.

HOWEVER: emotions have nothing to do with it. Science: Nothing is lost, nothing is created, all is transformed. You wanna live? Eat. You eat? You are taking resources away from someone else to produce something. Chances being, offsprings.

I will give you a reason for eating: Evolution & survival.

WHAT you eat, is up to what your body can take.

Emotions got nothing to do with it. Eat if you wanna live.

/thread
>>
Meat is lame. It's a scam. They pump meat with addictive chemicals in usa and Canada to get people addocted. That's why people always obsess over meat and how much eat etc...

A few months after I went veggie I started to see food differently and realized that all of the books, documentaries etc were right.
>>
File: alien.gif (770KB, 127x189px) Image search: [Google]
alien.gif
770KB, 127x189px
>>575152428
Preach anon
>>
>>575152539
Many believe there is. Many believe there isn't. Both sides can give good arguments in favor of their stance.

Moral will always be subjective.
And when someone believes in something it's the right thing to do to stand up for those beliefs.
>>
>>575146457
THE CIRCLE OF LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFEEEEE-AAAAHHHHHHHH </lion king music>
>>
>>575152752
>implying I should care about some black kid in Africa
Stay on topic faggit
>>
If you're going to stop eating meat, then stop eating meat. Don't try this "talk me out of it" bullshit! It's either you stand for something or you don't!
>>
>>575146457
why people eat other mammals is beyond me. Nom nom on those birds and fishes but leave our evolutionary brothers and sisters alone to find their own way.
>>
>>575152602
re-reroll
OP abandoned thread
>>
>>575151025
The demand for meat will never die out completely. If the demand lessens, the price will go down, but they will sell more to compensate.
>>
>>575152693
Jesus christ are you clinically retarded?
The whole reason people are against eating animals is that
THEY
FEEL
PAIN
Not that they are LIVING.
>>
>>575151025
>Implying cows have the mental capacity to understand morals.

Cows don't have morals nor do they understand what morals are. If however you gave a Cow a "Theory of Mind" then your argument about "murder" would be correct. However, cows do not have this so this eliminates our Morales applying to them. Morales only come into play with human-human interaction because no other animal has the an equal mental capacity.

It's not about whether or not we need to kill them it's more then that. Biggest factors is the economy. Not everyone can afford a diet without meat especially in developing countries
>>
File: tumblr_msosecEwdv1qdyi3xo3_500.jpg (10KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_msosecEwdv1qdyi3xo3_500.jpg
10KB, 500x281px
>>575152776
>Science: Nothing is lost, nothing is created, all is transformed.
>>
>>575150639

The thing about this picture I could never understand is why they are wearing gloves?

They imply they need to protect themselves from something, but have no issues crawling inside a dead horse.
>>
I never seen a lion eat a salad on the Discovery Channel
>>
>>575153185
Actually the part of the murder is important, aside from pain.
>>
It generates jobs, it is good for you and since humans are omnivores we get a lot of essential nutrients from meat. If you feel bad for the animal, don't. Any animal unless trained is not going to be anything but a mindless ball of instincts and would kill you in a second not even realizing it if they could, nor would they care. It's the world bud, get over it,
>>
>>575151676
>A cluster of cells =/= a person.
Wild animal that would kill you if it had the chance=/=a person.
>>
Animals are proven to be between 30-90% pure deliciousness.

Plus, it's how we naturally evolve. Would you rather they die in the slowest and most painful way possible (age and/or starvation when the farmers can't afford to feed them), or by becoming a delicious meal for dozens of people, becoming part of your body and your adventures.
>>
>>575153185
>implying
>generalizing
>>
>>575151025

I stopped eating meat at 19 im 20 now so it hasn't been very long. i just couldn't stand the thought of living beings being treated like nothing more then a not yet dead piece of food. And to be honest i would eat meat if i were to go live with a tribe of some sort in the outscirts of afrika or asia for a while and that would be their way of life because the slaughtered animal woul've at least had a life in the wild but not like this, not if animals are treated as mass products, not if i get a disease wich cant be cured because i got resistant to the medication purely because it was thrown in the animals food. Humanities lifestyle of constant consuming is the cancer wich is slowly killing the planet and i wont be a part of it.
>>
>>575150582
Your argument is weak. Because we can't save everything, therefore we should try and save nothing?

>>575150639
>We can't change it because we've never changed it before.
Do you guys seriously convince yourself this crap?

>>575150662
But it is charred flesh. Meat is just mangled corpse.

>>575150721
So you admit he does something worse and yet you still defend it. And you call me retarded.

>>575150780
>We're omnivores and need a mix of plants and animals to be healthy. Just don't get your meat from a supermarket or other mass-produce shithole.
You're still murdering something. There is no such thing as ethical slaughter.

>>575150881
Wow that really went into theoretical fast..

>Allowing us to become apex predators
Okay great, we can stop now then since there is literally nothing that could harm us on any considerable scale.

>>575150909
>culturally acceptable.
This is the issue.

>>575150914
>But these animals wouldn't even exist if we didn't raise and slaughter them.
Already answered this. You honestly think i'd ever support an approach that just meant abandoning previously incarcerated creatures to extinction?

>>575151169
>>575151531
>>575152039
This is a really stupid argument and I legitimately do not know if you're joking or not. Compare a fucking wheat crop to a slaughterhouse, that's the fucking difference.

>>575151810
You're not a hunter gatherer. You don't need meat to survive anymore, the alternative exist.

>>575151945
You're issue is with linguistics. Killing then, it's still killing something.

>>575152220
Shut. Up.

I have already answered the "B-but it's natural!" argument. You are wrong.

>>575152428
Nice anecdotes. We don't need meat anymore, that's just a fact.
>>
>>575153185
So inflicting pain is the problematic part of murder? Punching someone is worse than killing them in a painless manner?
Please read what you write before you post.
>>
>>575153614
Must some anon post it again.
1mur·der noun \ˈmər-dər\
: the crime of deliberately killing a person
thats the damn definition of the word. A cow is not a person
>>
>>575153674
>I´m eating chickens everyday because they would kill me if they could
kek

I´m on the meat eaters side, but some of you guys are really really stupid, or simply don´t like to think too much.
>>
>>575152752
I used to justify eating meat that way, like every industry in capitalism is murderous and cruel. But why does not being able to fix everything mean we shouldn't try and fix anything?
>>
>>575153614
By definition you cannot murder an animal.
>>
File: 2014-10-21 11.55.19.png (666KB, 627x1106px) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-21 11.55.19.png
666KB, 627x1106px
>>575146457
Cant eat me bitches
>>
>>575146457

Then why eat it? Not a vegetarian myself, but why bother if you don't feel good about it? Nobody is forcing you (and if so, grow some balls).

Also; start thinking in grey scales, not only black and white. You could eat meat only a couple of days of the week, without going full veggie. You can have the bonus of not feeling (as much) guilt, as well as not having to force people to cook a special meal for you if you're over for dinner and having to explain yourself over and over.
>>
>>575153775
Once you enter this society you can never leave. Humanity is like the Titanic except there are no lifeboats. Best to just enjoy life to the fullest and not give a shit
>>
>>575153971
Why wouldn't we need it? Have you ever seen a vegan/vegetarian? They look unhealthy and weak as fuck. Bah, fucking hipsters, eat your meat ffs.
>>
File: 1370912094745.gif (2MB, 390x285px) Image search: [Google]
1370912094745.gif
2MB, 390x285px
>>575154132
touche faggot
>>
>>575154007
Killing someone in a painful way is worse than killing them painlesly, yes.
>>
>>575153258
>Not everyone can afford a diet without meat especially in developing countries
Absolutely right. But that's not a problem of veganism, that's a social problem regarding distribution of wealth.

Again, i'm not against eating meat on the basis on survival. But when we don't need to (like none of us here do) there is no justification.

>>575153674
see
>>575154132

>>575154389
Look up vegan body builders.
>>
>>575153971
We might not need meat, but you've provided no rational reason as to why we should not eat meat, all you have is appeals to emotion
>>
>>575153971
>Compare a fucking wheat crop to a slaughterhouse, that's the fucking difference.

This is the problem, because meat eaters here are saying exactly the same:

>Compare a fucking slaughterhouse to a multiple murder, that's the fucking difference.

If you don´t provide reasons to discriminate between the life beings you are killing, the debate is over.
>>
>>575153971
>No such thing as ethical slaughter

Yes there is, it's called the meat industry.

Also you realize slaughter means "The killing of animals for food"
>>
>>575154847
Its a matter of personal preference. Whether or not you eat meat depends on your overall outlook on life.
>>
>>575153971
Oh please are you actually telling me you praise your little animal friends as if they are human. How retarded are you. Look Cows are brain dead creatures that walk the earth eat grass and procreate. They have no other purpose in life. They hardly have the mental capacity to think. We as humans are simply eating what we need. Our bodies run off of meat. Get over it furfag
>>
File: 1410900978856.gif (2MB, 109x139px) Image search: [Google]
1410900978856.gif
2MB, 109x139px
arguments for eating meat

⇒tastes good
⇒healthy
⇒animals suffered for it
>>
>>575154329
It's the funding of the industry I can;t support. There's no slipping up allowed if I go vegan, vegetarian.

And no, i'm not going to support it even if it means being a dick and asking for a "special meal".
>>
>>575154917
>reasons to discriminate between the life beings
Are you arguing for eatign people?
>>
meat taste so fine make me wanna murder somethin MMM mmm m gets me in a RAPE mood
>>
>>575155085
You get it bro.
>>
>>575155085
>brain dead creatures
Have you ever been near a cow?
>>
>>575154542
Arguments are so easy to make when you're not reading.
>>
>>575154847
Distribution of wealth? what? developing countries aren't the way they are because of wealth distribution. It's because they haven't made a stable industrial economy in their country. Banning meat production would seriously hurt these countries. It has nothing to do with wealth distribution in the regards you are thinking of
>>
>>575146457
You are a human. Humans are predators at the top of the food chain. Humans require protein and meat is the best source of protein.

You don't need justification. You need to stop being a hippie pansy buttfucking queer lover veggie eater. Your prey eats veggies. Don't be prey. Cock goblin.
>>
>>575155640
Yeah, It didn't do much but eat, shit, and stand there. Sooooo fucking alive and useful
>>
I evolved as an omnivore. My teeth and digestive system reflect that result of millions of years of evolution.

I need no sanction to be what the universe manifested me as. I contemplate my chickens, who also are designed omnivores. Ever see a hen find a nest of babby rats? They flip 'em in the air then swallow them. Nature is life perpetually recycling life. All is transient, and due to entropy all life dies one way or another. Death makes room for and feeds more life. My not eating animal life will not change the death rate because life implies death.

I shall therefore eat what I will. I don't care what OP eats or does not eat. Nature will eventually recycle us both eternally.
>>
>>575146457
>flesh from a cow can serve only 26 persons
But
>dairy products from a cow can serve totally 86000 people in her whole life time
And dairy products are better than flesh
>>
>>575153971
What a way to dismiss my argument simply because I said why we shouldn't be reliant on artificial supplements.

You completely ignored all the nutritional facts I included.

Being an apex predator desnt mean kill or be killed asshat. There is still the threat of viral and bacterial infection. Which a protein diet helps prevent through strengthening our immune system.

You refuted nothing, simply tried to displace the argument faggot.
>>
Bacon.
/thread
>>
>>575155959
Preach it nigga
>>
>>575155247
I just enjoy searching for fails in arguments.
Also I´m not against eat humans, as long as they are not important people to me (same case that animals I guess).
>>
>>575154182
More land is polluted by the use of chemicals for the growing of crops than the raising of livestock. Livestock more often than not have a better standard of life before being slaughtered. Plants are living too; just because they don't cry out in pain does not mean they are totally without sensation.
>>
>>575155954
They are pretty much like a cat in mental capability.
>>
File: 597120605_e61a4ec005.jpg (20KB, 493x500px) Image search: [Google]
597120605_e61a4ec005.jpg
20KB, 493x500px
>>575146457
>dairy products are better than flesh
>>
>>575154847
Its natural to eat meat. It is in our nature. Would a wild animal care if it tore you to shreds and ate you? No. Why should you care if you do the same to animals within reason? If you eat meat as a meal everyday go ahead but if you eat excessive amounts of steak everyday then you're an asshole.
>>
>>575156262
What the hell do you think livestock eats?
>>
>>575155154
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHBaCZ3slis

How is that any different then this?
>>
>>575155959
You said that VERY autistically (I can smell your fedora from here) but you're right. Everything is recycled, the dead chicken you shit out after you ate it doesn't vanish, it's a new start for something somewhere.
>>
>>575156360
I eat steak everyday. That doesn't make me an asshole, it makes me not a poor fag like you.
>>
File: 1403765810612.jpg (9KB, 217x225px) Image search: [Google]
1403765810612.jpg
9KB, 217x225px
>>575156330
They are grazing animals. A cat is a hunter. A cat will attempt to go out of its house and explore. The cow will sit there with full content. The cat will go out and find food to eat. The cow will sit there and eat whats around it.
>>
>>575154859
>Insert definition of psychopath.
If you don't already have the empathy to understand that killing for no reason is wrong, then there's nothing I can do. I'm talking to people who have functional mirror neurones, not sick people.

>>575154917
No neuro cortex in plants, the only study that 'proves' they feel pain is the electrical signals that you can detected when you 'kill' a plant.

>inb4 "b-but it's all electrical signals!"

>>575154994
The meat industry is far from ethical. Even most meat eaters know this now.

>>575155085
So because they're not smart means we can kill them? Again, that's fucked.

Our bodies don't have to run on meat, we have every alternative in place.

>>575155713
Sure, I agree. But that's still a separate issue. That's not an argument against veganism, it's an argument against how we've structured the world economy.

>>575155813
>>575155959
You're not a hunter gathering predator. You are fat neck beard who likes burgers.

>>575155954
>Useful
You seriously basing another creature on its ability to strengthen human society?

>>575156064
You literally brought up a theoretical situation in which the economy collapses. I have no fucking clue what happens when the economy collapses, but the main priority probably isn't making sure we keep the slaughter of animals going. Again, that is an economic problem not a problem regarding the meat industry specifically.

People live extremely healthy lives as vegans getting the nutrients from alternatives to meat. They are not dropping dead left and right from protein deficiency.

>>575156262
see
>>575156554
>>
>>575155187
> There's no slipping up allowed if I go vegan, vegetarian.

So you are joining the equivalent of an Evangelical church where you have to sign contracts to be admitted stating you will not smoke or drink or participate in premarital sex?

Somehow I thought the vegan community would be more like AA and less like the SS?
>>
File: 1403764251595.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1403764251595.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>575156671
>not detecting sarcasm
>>
>>575156721
It makes you an asshole. At least put some variety into it. Throw some pig into your diet.
>>
>>575157003
>electrical signals that you can detected when you 'kill' a plant.
You realize that that is exactly what pain is, right?
>>
>>575156821
A nigger will go out and hunt, stephen hawking will sit there will full content.
Different life styles are not proof of different mental capabilities.
>>
>>575156821
Cows are social, they have social interactions. They also are curious to explore new things and like to chase other animals. They also like to watch cows and other animals fighting. They are far from mindless. Yeah they graze and laze around a lot, because plants are not as ready of a source of energy as meat is.
>>
>>575157053
This is my own decision based on something terrible in which not only is there is actual evidence to support it's existence, we are actively contributing to it. My decision to stop isn't theological by any means.

>the SS
You just went full fucking retarded. Why is everything a comparison to Nazism now?

>Inb4 "Hitler was a vegetarian"
Thread posts: 203
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.