[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Think he should have handled it better? I mean the old man w

The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.

Thread replies: 364
Thread images: 41

Think he should have handled it better? I mean the old man was right but he didn't have to be a dickhead about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tbZMVchn5Q
>>
He's really making that big deal about 50 cents. He's just miserable with his life and wants to make others miserable
>>
>>573854036
True but the least they could do is use a label maker and change the sign to say $5.50, Franchise fast food places are pretty shitty about things like that though.
>>
The only thing they had to do is agree with him. Which they never did...

"Oh yes, the sign does say it is five dollars. We are indeed charging you the wrong price. Sorry about that, i'm unable to change it on the register though."

Instead of copping an attitude...
>>
>>573854228
The struggle is real
>>
>>573854363
What the fuck are talking about, the guy managed well the situation.
>>
>>573853674

Old man is right but he should have stayed calm. Then, i'm sure, the guy would have thought about it and admitted that it was their fault.

Also they can't just send him out of the store just because he is telling them the truth.

"I'm not getting payed enough money to be yelled at by a customer!"
- what a whiny bitchy diva
>>
>>573854363
They get paid minimum wage and aren't allowed to accept tips. Why the hell would they do anything past what they're expected to do, which is serve food?

Kid could have handled it better yeah, but that doesn't mean he should have.
>>
>>573854815
No he didn't... If he would have done what I said, then he would have handled it correctly
>>
File: cty.jpg (120KB, 870x569px) Image search: [Google]
cty.jpg
120KB, 870x569px
I run a small business
a bakery
if anyone yells like that ever they get kicked out
its fucking ridiculous to ever get that mad at a clerk
>>
>>573854998
>why the hell would you want to build up good job references?

Enjoy mcdonald's the rest of your life
>>
>>573853674
"The customer is always right" is an unofficial policy that is upheld by SO many places that there is no fucking way anyone can win anymore when it comes to shit like this. I'd be really surprised if a workplace eating 50 cents would ever be worth the shit storm that butthurt people who are fucking selfish could cause.
>>
I'd have just given him the 50 cents back. It wouldn't have been taken out of his paycheck, and he doesn't get paid enough to argue with these people.
>>
>>573855119
I'd agree with you, but the man only reacted that way because of the stubbornness of the clerk. Personally, if I was the manager of that store I'd prolly sit down that cashier and give him a talk about how it is O.K. to be wrong sometimes.
>>
>>573854998
He should have behaved like a normal thinking human beeing instead of
"I can't do anythink about the price, you're wrong, now gtfo"
>>
I hate all old people.
>>
>>573855276
Exactly, I'd have just given the man his 50 cents and told my manager to update the fucking signage if your gonna change the price.
>>
>>573853674
The old guy was philosophically right, but there's such a thing as an appropriate level of response. He went full potato over $0.50. Just completely not worth that level of butthurt.

And to be fair, the employees, especially the lady,w as dumb as rocks. They kept saying the base price ($5.50) was the tax. I don't expect much out of minimum wage register slaves, nor do I think I should receive much from them. But I expect EVERYONE I come in contact with in the developed world to be capable of basic mathematics.

All in all, just another day in the land or retards. They should have called the cops on him for behaving as he did.
>>
was in the same spot
working in a supermarket with weekly deals and shit

and every fucking hour there will be another fucking cunt that thinks just because that coffee stands next to the discounted coffee that makes the fucking expensive coffee also cheaper

every fucking hour

and at some point u just dont give a fuck anymore
>>
The old man acted immaturely, everyone should know in this day in age everything has applicable tax.
>>
>>573855721
you're a dullard
watch the video again and do the math
dullard
>>
>>573855713
People would never behave like that in a Bank or a hospital unless they're a criminal.

Why is it regular people who would be nice the rest of the time lose their shit when it comes to retail and food?
>>
>>573855550
You are missing it, he went full potato over the response he got. All the cashier had to say was "I am sorry Sir, our sign has the wrong price. In our system it is 5.50$" rather than acting like some little cocksucker about it and transition this into something larger than it had to be through his stubbornness.

>>573855569
Had they spoken to him with respect, and maybe taken the position that he might have been right rather then the typical "I know everything" mantra that idiots like this have, it never would have approached that level.

What you have here is a heavy response to ignorance. Cashier = pure ignorance, Customer = too angry.
>>
>>573855550

he didn't go full potato over 50 cents, he did go full potato over a guy who says 5 dollars on the sign is correct but 5,5 plus ,45 tax is also correct.
'Which is understandable because this young guy obviously didnt use his brain at all
>>
File: 1409995691793.jpg (28KB, 458x461px) Image search: [Google]
1409995691793.jpg
28KB, 458x461px
>>573853674
if you buy something that has an advertised price, you expect to pay that amount, plus tax (if applicable). however this dude had to pay MORE than the base price, on top of even more tax. i'd get pissed too if that dumbfuck couldn't understand why that's upsetting. but instead of owning up to it and saying the advertisement is wrong or i can't do math that's why i have this job, he just acts like a fucking faggot.

still, it was a bit over the top getting that mad.
>>
>>573856000
AMEN BUDDY. I thought everyone here was a bunch of fkn idiots...
>>
File: image.jpg (7KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
7KB, 125x125px
>>
File: skeleton above.jpg (67KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton above.jpg
67KB, 600x600px
>>573856123
>>
>>573855962
Because a lot of people in retail do not understand how to properly speak to people, and usually try to maintain a position of authority even when they are wrong about something.

This video is a prime showcase of this.
>>
>>573855136
He's still gonna get a decent reference from his manager. Doesn't seem like something you'd get written up for.

It's a minimum wage job with no advancement unless you want to be stuck in middle management your whole life. It's not like the kid's going to be building a portfolio from it.

And yeah, he could have handled it better, still doesn't mean he should have or should be expected to.
>>
File: 1410892270994.jpg (29KB, 605x146px) Image search: [Google]
1410892270994.jpg
29KB, 605x146px
>>573856123
>>573856186
>>
>>573855569
true, but the yelling could have been avoided if they just said that their sign was wrong.
>>
>>573854998

>aren't allowed to accept tips

You know who else doesn't get tips? 99% of the work force you stupid cunt so don't make that an excuse to be a lazy fuck
>>
>>573856235
>And yeah, he could have handled it better, still doesn't mean he should have or should be expected to.
What? His job is literally customer service. His job is to make food, and then charge the proper price for that food. He wasn't doing his job properly in this video, so he definitely is expected to do better than this.

As far as reference, Subway is actually heavily involved in marketing work on social media, it would not surprise me to see this video hit viral level, and there be an official response that nets the old man cookies for a year or something.
>>
>>573856195

uh no people who work in retail have to deal with retards like you all day who complain about things that the employees have no control over

subway is a massive corporation, this kid doesnt have control over either the price that the marketing people picked or the sign that his manager put there at the behest of those same marketing people
>>
In the UK, anything advertised for a price must be sold at that price.
>>
the real story here is 'fuck marketing people' for heavily advertising the fake $5 price and 'fuck subway's board of directors' for raising the price without making sure that the marketers, advertisers and managers got the message

either way this kid did nothing wrong, in fact id like to smoke a blunt with him
>>
The cashier was kind of a dick and could've handled it much better. It's literally only $0.50. I would've immediately apologized, called the sup over and gave him back his correct change, or hell, just gave him $0.50 out of my pocket then take down the sign. It really isn't that big of a deal.
>>
>>573856491
Tipping is a very strange thing in my eyes, It's like "hey you did this service I paid for but you expect me to pay you extra because you did a good job like you were supposed too?" I can understand it in some situations but for the most part it's fucking strange.
>>
File: 1313649660272.jpg (38KB, 331x333px) Image search: [Google]
1313649660272.jpg
38KB, 331x333px
>>573856726
>>
>>573853674
you never rage like the old man did. That just shows that you're either impotent, insecure, or angry.

He already pointed out the obvious. He could have gone further by at least knowing what his sales tax actually was. So if it is 8% on 5 dollars, he would owe 5.40.

If the employees were too stupid to understand, you could record the situation with your phone, then contact management and get those 2 people fired. If you were extra good with people, you could convince the managers to let you say a few words to those workers before they got canned. That would probably make the old man feel better.
>>
like literally neither the old man or the kid are at fault, the people who caused this altercation arent in the video because theyre out drinking gin and doing coke on their yachts
>>
>>573853674
>As far as reference, Subway is actually heavily involved in marketing work on social media, it would not surprise me to see this video hit viral level, and there be an official response that nets the old man cookies for a year or something.

yeah, i bet the unpaid interns manning the @subway twitter are just waiting to give some old man a bunch of free shit for throwing a tantrum over 50c
>>
>>573856831
>That would probably make the old man feel better.
you don't know what its like being an old man you shit head millennial, I ought a stomp your teeth in.
>>
>>573853674

Dude was an asshole.
>>
>>573856856
>>573856773
>>573856615

this anon speaks truth

fuck capitalism
>>
>>573856856
how is the kid not at fault if he's too fucking stupid to understand how sales tax works?
>>
>>573853674
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tbZMVchn5Q
Geezer is right, the store is ripping people off and the clerk knew it.

When he points it out, the only solution offered was a refund, in other words, get ripped off or get out. Perfectly understandable that the guy loses his wrag.
>>
Clearly everyone who works at this location is brain-dead and/or too stoned to think clearly.
The management should have recognized the error on the sign and either A) Directed register-rat or sandwich-shaniqua to change the price on the sign OR
B) Changed it their selves, because clearly good help IS hard to find and they aren't to be trusted
If I was corporate (and gave a shit) I'd definitely stop by very soon to evaluate the location
>>
>>573856491
>Implying I handle situations in that way

I'm just saying he's not expected to handle situations like that at his level of pay, and neither is any other minimum wage worker. And 99% of the work force doesn't get paid minimum wage, only about 14% do so... Whatever point you were trying to make there is moot.

No need to get so butthurt.
>>
>>573856907
If you honestly think that a major corporation allows unpaid interns to run their branded accounts, then you really do not understand marketing in todays world at all.
>>
>>573856781

Exactly. It is fucking strange and fucking stupid. I don't know how it came about in restaurants.
I actually have no problem tipping a great waiter because they were great. I have a problem with a shitty waiter expecting a tip because it's 'expected.'

But have you ever had a banker ask for a tip? A bus driver? A sales clerk? A mailman? A lifeguard? No no no no no. All of these people provide you a service and the lifeguard even watched out for your life and no tip.

Fucking tipping.
>>
>>573856726
>>573856726
Also in Mexico. A few months ago a dude bought a tv for 70 Mexican cents just because the price was wrong.
>>
>>573856827
It's true. I work at a supermarket and dozens of times a day people are refunded money because they have been charged more than what is advertised.
>>
>>573857063

wtf r u talkin about bro the kid doesnt even have to do math, he presses the buttons on the screen like he was trained to and the machine tells him how much the tax is

his manager trained him to charge $5.50 because thats how much subway charges for their $5 foot longs since dec 2013
>>
>>573854363

Yea, doing a job like that I imagine you probably have to bend over backwards for a few customers, it takes a certain type of person to constantly suck everyones dick at a total shit wage tho.
>>
File: 1308708031670.jpg (47KB, 311x311px) Image search: [Google]
1308708031670.jpg
47KB, 311x311px
>>573857145

liars, ALL OF YOU
>>
>>573854998
>past what they're expected to do, which is serve food?

Their job isn't only to serve food. It's to ring up orders, charge people the correct amount of money, and tend change. He fucked up doing this part of his job.
>>
>>573857136
plumbers and sewage workers wade through literal shit to make our lives cleaner. do they get tips? lol no.
>>
Also, in any real country(read not USA) the tax is included in the price, so if it says 5 euro, you pay 5 euro.
>>
>>573857116

No it's not moot. 99% of that 14% still wouldn't work for tips.
And if you don't want to handle those situations get a better fucking job where they don't exist. It's your job to handle them. I've worked fast food counter before and it's that bullshit that you ARE expected to handle that acts as an incentive to get better work and try hard for it.
>>
The kid didn't really do anything wrong until he said "I can't control the price".He probably unaware that the price differed from the sign to the till and i was agreeing with what the customer was saying until that point. Also the customer at first seemed to be disagreeing with the tax? But them changed at some point. However how the employee reacted when the guy started yelling wasn't proper. I would have just given him the 50cents back and if he kept yelling tell the guy to leave because over a simple discrepancy like that why the fuck would you yell like that at someone. That shit happens every day in grocery stores.
>>
>>573856195
I agree, a lot of people in retail you just wonder how on earth they still have a job.

But even when you're an actual human being with the ability to hold a conversation without difficultly with another human people still lose their fucking minds over the smallest and most easily solvable shit. If it was my fault something was wrong I'd admit it and sort it out.

When a customer was shitty from the word go and wouldn't sort out the problem I'd do my best to super polite but super useless to them, taking years to do the simplest thing.
>>
File: Screenshot_9.png (55KB, 1086x564px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_9.png
55KB, 1086x564px
>>573856978
>millennial
tfw I am 32, yet already a millionaire.
Does that still mean I'm a millennial?
>>
Do you really think the guy would've been chill if he admitted the sign was wrong? Seems to me the guy had no understanding of how a POS system works and how the kid had absolutely no control over it. Yeah, he could've done a few things, but we also don't know who the manager is. He might've had a manager that would've been pissed if he took down the sign or something. The kid followed standard procedure pretty perfectly - and telling him to leave the store was justified for exactly the reason he gave - there are other customers and he is disturbing them. Yes, the old guy is right - the price is misleading. However that isn't due to a 17 year old working the register.

I worked in a restaurant from high school through college and these types of customers are the fucking worst. They don't give a shit how sorry you might be. They want to be pissed off at something and someone and will seek it out no matter what.
>>
>>573854867
>what a whiny bitchy diva
Yes, I'm sure you would have been much more stoic.
>>
>>573854036
damn true..
>>
>>573856615
You are out of it.

I do not disagree that the employee had no control over the signage having a different price than the listed price in the till.

But what he did have was his mental capacity. And cashierbro didn't utilize it in anyway to look at what the customer was saying.

Had he taken a moment to realize what was being said, and had he responded correctly to that comment, the angry response would have never happened.
>>
>>573857357

i dont think how much money you have changes your generation
>>
>>573857278

Das it mane
>>
If the sign states $5 and doesn't have print on it stating there's a VAT surcharge, then the old boy's in the right - he just went off the handle over it.

Customer service went from "Alright" to be pretty fucking shocking though. Working in customer service requires a level of empathy - not necessarily always admitting fault, but understanding the customer's point of view.

Going straight for the "I can't change the price" card is downright moronic. Way to antagonise a customer.
>>
>>573857063
I mean how fucking stupid do you have to be to not understand math? I mean ffs, this kid was like 18 at least. By the time I was 18, I was already done with calculus. I mean you really have to be a completely VIOLENT RETARD to not fucking understand math at that level. Why are these people allowed to FUCKING EXIST.
>>
>>573857136
Exactly, It's so fucking ass backwards. It's completely different in other countries though.
>>
File: subs.png (592KB, 605x602px) Image search: [Google]
subs.png
592KB, 605x602px
>>573853674

I am the guy in this video.

Ask me anything.
>>
Correct response would be to agree with customer, point out that there's nothing you can do about it and point him in the direction of the complaints procedure.
>>
>>573857206
He was buying cookies, not a sub.
>>
File: asd.gif (916KB, 245x285px) Image search: [Google]
asd.gif
916KB, 245x285px
>>573857063
so it's his fault it isn't ringing up as advertised
>>
>>573857136

tipping exists because inflation drives cost of living up while our govt refuses to raise minimum wage for political reasons

its not that complex, u dont tip bankers because they earn above minimum wage, u dont tip bus drivers because they earn above minimum wage, u dont tip sales clerks because many are paid by commission, u dont tip mailmen because they are paid above minimum wage, etc etc etc.

u tip ppl like delivery drivers, waiters, etc becuase they are paid minimum wage and they have expenses which would drive them into insolvency if not for tipping
>>
>>573857138

this is true in the united states too, call weights and measures down to check things out. if you are charging more than the lowest advertised price for something you have to pay fines and put up a sign that says as much
>>
How come the camera has audio? I've always been told that audio is illegal.
>>
>>573857129

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/digiorno-whyistayed-you-had-pizza
>>
>>573857515
ok, I just wanted to check since he called me a millenial.
>>
>>573857206
You obviously didn't watch the video man, The old man was freaking out about some cookies
>>
>>573856606
He was charging the proper price for the food. The manager didn't put the proper price up. Not the kid's fault. If he handled the situation better it would have turned out better, obviously, by definition. It STILL doesn't mean he should have.

Let me elaborate. He's 17 years old with probably very little work experience. He shouldn't be expected to know how to handle every situation with grace.
>>
>>573857460
>I worked in a restaurant from high school through college and these types of customers are the fucking worst. They don't give a shit how sorry you might be. They want to be pissed off at something and someone and will seek it out no matter what.

Yeah, I don't understand it. I eat fast food all the time, Sometimes people fuck up. If they do, I try to catch it, and 99.9% of the time they apologize several times and replace what they fucked up. The 0.1% times, they replace it and act like they're not sorry at all. Both times I calmly explain what I wanted and what I got, or what happened. They usually don't care that much about fixing stuff for me.
>>
>>573853674
old man was right. When I want to buy something whats interest me is how much totally I need to pay, including all taxes. Not to mention situation when I have last five bucks in my pocket.
>>
>>573857568
why can't you handle basic maths ?
>>
>>573856726
>In the UK, anything advertised for a price must be sold at that price.

100% incorrect

There is no right to buy, a shop can refuse to sell you anything.
>>
>>573857491

dude take the silver spoon out ur mouth and think for a sec ok this kid does not have the ability to do or say anything other than what he said - all these ppl in the thread saying he shouldve given him back the 50c, u dont seem to understand that ppl who work the cash register DO NOT HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO DO THAT! their managers tally up the amount of money in the register at the end of the day and if it doesnt match up they get punished
>>
>>573857568
How does it feel knowing you're unqualified for the most bottom-of-the-barrel, gutter-of-society jobs?
>>
>>573857747

I can. This guy comes in all the time and is always a cock about everything. I had already told him that it was gonna be around $5.50 and then tax the last time he had bought the dozen cookies. He just decided to flip shit this time.

For all you anons, I'm 22. Not 17. Just stuck in the industry.
>>
>>573857568
wtf.............
>>
>>573857595
It's his fault for not trying to accommodate the guy who is trying to order what is on their sign at the price on the sign.
>>
>>573857831
why did you and the nigger keep pointing at the sign when you knew it was wrong?
>>
>>573857817

feelsbadman.jpg

At least it's a nice shitty $200 a week. Better than nothing I suppose which is why I do it.
>>
>>573857491
This.

The old guy was right, the cashier was being a little bitch. He didn't listen to what the old dude was saying and then he was too proud to just say "oh hey yeah you're right, it seems the sign and the till are saying different prices." he was just being a cuntbag "get out of my store" and shit.
>>
>>573854036
he's making a big deal out of false advertisement and he is reacting so strongly because he is being treated like nothing but a nuisance, dickhead
>>
The clerk was fucking annoying. He didn't understand what he was getting pissed about.
He was just like
>but there is a tax on it!
>a tax on 5 dollars isn't 5.95!
>it costs 5.50
>it says on your sign 5 dollars!
>but there is a tax!

He needs to open his ears. Still the old guy flipped out way too fucking much. Calm down, explain this shit or ask to see a manager. Don't get pissed at some lowly 19 year old cashier over nothing. I would of just paid the extra 60 cents who fucking cares.
>>
>>573857568
Produce timestamp. How much would you need to get paid to deal with angry customers like that?
>>
>>573857595
RINGING UP AS??? LOLOL. USE A FRACTION OF YOUR MINISCULE BRAIN TO REALIZE THAT 8% on 5 DOLLARS IS FUCKING 5.40.

what kind of retards are people raising now a days? jesus fuck.
>>
>>573857617
because you've been told wrong
>>
>>573857568

i dont want to ask u anything, all i want to tell u is that not everyone on /b/ is retarded and devoid of perspective, i know what u go thru on a daily basis working in the food service industry and i have a massive amount of respect for u, i think u showed a great deal of restraint in the video above and u should be proud of urself, 99% of tards in this thread wouldve probably just peed their pants.
>>
itt: retards that dont understand OP is trolling, retards that actually think the old man is right, retards that dont understand how tax works, retards that think that one negative customer service meltdown is going to cause serious career damage, retards in general
>>
File: works of fiction.jpg (12KB, 300x290px) Image search: [Google]
works of fiction.jpg
12KB, 300x290px
>>573857357

hey, i can save this image right now, and then lie about being a millionaire too!
>>
I guess some people are okay with getting their money stolen, it all adds up in the end by customer.

It's 50 cents yes, but to the big boss it isn't just 50 cents. Clearly the sign was outdated and the guy getting screamed at cannot control that, his job is to charge people at the front counter and that's it. The old man was right and walking away was the right answer, you're not doing business with false advertisement and pricing, you're tricking people.

In this situation it's 50 cents, what about 1 dollar? 5 dollars? 20? If you're getting robbed you're getting robbed.
>>
>>573857831
Why did you keep saying we aren't overcharging you, we can't control the price instead of just saying.
"you're right, the sign is incorrect, we'll take that down"
>>
so do you smart guy venture capitalists get all hot & bothered in the middle of Gamestop when you go to buy the new Borderlands or whatever faggot shit and it costs more than the "advertised" 59.99
>>
>>573857996
the sign said 5.00 and they charged him 5.95
>>
File: 1410746475790.jpg (30KB, 293x364px) Image search: [Google]
1410746475790.jpg
30KB, 293x364px
>>573857996
>thinking the issue is tax
>not that the base price is different than advertised
>we're the retards
>>
>>573857670
>He shouldn't be expected to know how to handle every situation with grace.
This is literally the definition of his job. He needs to be able to handle this shit with grace.
>>
>>573857337
I have a job where they do exist and I have no complaints against me. I worked at a restaurant for 4 years and I can tell you that managers are there to handle situations like that, not a 17 year old kid at the register.

You're confusing should with could.
>>
File: jpls.png (137KB, 242x255px) Image search: [Google]
jpls.png
137KB, 242x255px
>>573857568
>>573857831

You're 'stuck in the industry' because you still can't effectively do your shitty ass job properly.
You can't effectively deal with a simple old man debating the price of some cookies.
>>
It's absolutely retarded that a company like this wouldn't just have the full price including tax as the price on the menu.
>>
Kid should have just given him the cookie? They the row that shit out every hour anyway.
>>
>>573857812
Thattts why you tell your fucking supervisor. Also not always true they do trust regular employees to cash out too. :P
>>
>>573857617
>>573857971

CCTV audio is Illegal in the UK...
>>
>>573858138
>managers are there to handle situations like that, not a 17 year old kid at the register.

And his job is to get the manager when a situation like that happens.

Why didn't he do his job and get the manager, rather than tell a customer to get the fuck out?
>>
File: 1292046971083.jpg (18KB, 240x249px) Image search: [Google]
1292046971083.jpg
18KB, 240x249px
>>573857357
wow,

someone knows how to use FireBug (or another kind of browser extension that edits HTML)
>>
>>573857971

Must be an american thing.

Law Regarding Videotaping

Federal and state courts have ruled that the installation of surveillance cameras is not illegal as long as the intent passes muster. For example, employers cannot install cameras in restrooms or locker rooms where people change their clothes. Some states go a step further and disallow cameras in lounge areas. Installing cameras in these areas could leave the business owner open to being sued under tort laws.

Although it may be legal to make video recording, such is not the case with sound recordings. Recording sound, or eavesdropping, is illegal in most states. In order to
record sound, the party or parties being recorded, must give their consent.

Employees have the right to sue if they feel like their privacy has been wrongfully invaded in any way by surveillance cameras.

Yeah, definitely american.
>>
>>573858085
>59.99 plus tax
>not 60.99 plus tax

isn't it past your bedtime? or do you live in one of those shithole countries full of retards?
>>
>>573857996
>retards who don't understand how tax works
That perfectly describes you. It's a 8% tax on 5.00 which doesn't come out to 5.95 retard.

The argument was over the false advertising because price on register is 5.50 and price on sign is 5.00.

Christ you're a fucking retard, no wonder you saged.
>>
>>573857812
Also if you're down 50c nobody is gonna give a fuck the tills are usually up or down a few dollars every day anyways because HUMAN ERROR!
>>
>>573858138

>17
He said he's 22, managers would think a 22 year old man can do basic math and can deal with an old man getting short changed
>>
>>573857812
I am not suggesting he gives him 50c

What I am suggesting is he should have had the mental capacity to understand the customers point of view, and then explained the issue in pricing properly.

His job is in customer service, this isn't some far outreaching issue. This is the primary function of his job, and he failed horribly at it.

Not suggesting his mangers gave him the wrong tools for the job that day by posting the sign with the wrong price, but his reaction to this guy is pathetic.
>>
File: subs2.png (471KB, 540x530px) Image search: [Google]
subs2.png
471KB, 540x530px
>>573857950

Timestamp delivered.

>>573858072

He's an asshole that comes in a lot and we had already had this conversation before.
>>
>ITT A majority of posters that have never worked fast food.

The man gave him 10 bucks, Subway boy presses the picture (or word cookies) on screen the computer tells him what to give back to the customer, No math is involved.

Customer went full potato

Subway boy was only mildly out of line, and was basically fine.
>>
>>573858156

When you live in a country which allows prices to be advertised NOT including applicable sales tax, that is what happens.
>>
>>573853674
The cashier was using the Nuremburg defense (I don't know anything, I just work in a system!), which should be punishable by death.

Old man under reacted. Should have shot the cashiers.

Signed,
-The American
>>
>>573858232
Did it sound like this was filmed in the UK?

>>573858253
Americans can put surveillance cameras in their shops all they want, just not the bathrooms. I'm sorry you don't know the laws.
>>
>>573853674

Who the fuck makes such a big deal about 50 cents? What a money grubbing faggot.
>>
This isn't some local restaurant - it's a massive corporate chain restaurant. If you deviate from the rules and policies you get punished, and you are given very little autonomy in decision making. If he gave him back the 50 cents then more likely than not the manager would've found the off transaction and punished the kid for it despite the reason.
>>
Here's a response from a guy who works in retail. Legally, he's obligated to honor the sign that says "$5.00" if it's a lower price than what rings up as he hits the buttons or scans the cookies' UPC. If the sign says "$5.00" he is legally obligated to honor it. The old fuck should've known that. He shouldn't have gotten that angry. Both were in the wrong. The nigger bitch that was there, that most likely trained the kid, should've known that shit. So it's her fault.
>>
>>573857950

Also, If I could afford to fucking live it wouldn't be a problem but at $800 a month with 38 hours a week 6 days a week I'm not in the mood for anyone screaming at me.
>>
>>573858387
top kek
>>
>>573858043
tfw you are retarded enough to believe it is fake.
>>
>>573858367
Postening in ebic bread
>>
>>573858356

Cashier handled it fine.
Stop thinking 'the customer is always right' because it's never acceptable to scream at a sandwich shop employee.
>>
>>573856726

That's down to the store policy rather than a rule, but all our prices already have VAT added on so we do end up paying what we see on the product.
>>
>>573858449
fact
>>
>>573858367
10/10 would eat a cookie out of your asshole
>>
>>573858367
so why hasn't management updated the advertisements to display the correct price? you could save a lot of hassle by displaying the correct fucking price, like what should be happening. does everyone working there have an IQ above 90?
>>
>>573853674
No, I think that old man was in the right

He was very humble at first and then the workerfaggot didn't acknowledge that the sign said 5$ and the cookies were 5.50.

Dudes lived a lot of years, when he hears young people not giving a shit what he has to say, and then they disrespect him as he tries to explain himself a second time, only louder, he's gonna be a dick
>>
>>573858401

Yes, but it is illegal (at least in Canada) to record audio of employee's through surveillance cameras. That's why I was wondering why there was audio in this video.
>>
>>573858367
>we had already had this conversation before.

And you still didn't understand that your sign was fucking wrong and you should take it down? Do you keep the sign up that wrongfully says $5? If so, fucking why?

This just makes you sound even stupider.
>>
>>573854036

wow the system learned you well

how to spread you ass cheeks like a good boy
>>
>>573853674

The guy is absolutely right honestly, the companies put these low prices on a sign to entice you to buy and then rely on embarrassment to make you pay the actual price.

It's bullshit, if the price is 5.95 it should say that.
>>
The kid could have just said "oh, yeah, it looks like we will have to change that sign." I would say charging him $5 + tax would be fair, because that is what the sign told him, but I don't know how those kinds of places handle flexibility like that. Just writing on the sign with a marker after he was dealt with would have been enough. If the kid hadn't been such an ass, he could have made that extra sale and prevented future confusion.

For whatever reason, kids don't seem to understand the correlation between working hard/well and getting raises and promotions. Do any job as best you can and you will be rewarded.
>>
>>573858482
"I refuse to do the things to get a better job because my current job sucks."

Holy white trash logic.
>>
>>573858367
Cookie-kun
>>
>>573858586
sorry, meant to say "anyone" not everyone. your retardation is trickling down.
>>
File: deeply invested right now.jpg (40KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
deeply invested right now.jpg
40KB, 720x540px
>>573858519

>mfw I can say the exact same thing when someone claims I'm not a millionaire
>>
>>573858401
well, no dipshit; [incoherent screaming] suggests amerifat.

However I was answering the other anons questions as to why sound was being recorded....
>>
>>573858603
It's legal in the US, sorry for Canada.
>>
File: 0.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
The kid should have quit right there for being treated like shit. The old fuck should go down to corporate headquarters and shoot the place up for being treated like shit,he's old anyway might as well stand up for what he knows right.
>>
>>573858237

Every day when I worked at a restaurant the manager would go out for an hour at lunch. No one else is qualified to deal with situations like this. Just saying it's a possibility.
>>
>>573858586

My owner owns 4 stores, we have the least amount of people come through, we generally get things last. The system itself is controlled by franchise and I can't change shit about it which I told him the last time he did this crap.

My IQ is above 90 but he's a cock.

>>573858610

Not my job. I'm not allowed to fuck with the advertisements, the owner does all of that because franchise runs the prices.
>>
ive watched too many liveleak videos

i legit thought the oldman was about to pull a gun

dear op/subway employee please take a basic math class at your local community college and improve your critical thinking abilities so you dont die of your own stupidity/ false sense of being right
>>
>>573858367

If this is really you, you handled it perfectly. I'm hoping you do something worthwhile with your life so you're not stuck in that shit job for the rest of your life.
>>
>>573858367
Did you actually change the sign or tell manager about the incorrect price? Or did you just mull about your day, go home, do some drugs and mill about on /b/?
>>
File: 1402468963518.gif (1MB, 320x225px) Image search: [Google]
1402468963518.gif
1MB, 320x225px
>>573853674
I'm not getting payed enough money to be yelled at by a customer
>manager increases his wage by $0.01
>>
>>573858648

wow so one day he could manage a subway?! dreams can come true!!!
>>
>>573858367
midwest anon hello
>>
>>573858356

no retard it is not the cashier's job to explain the myriad of ways that marketing and advertising ppl exploit the proletariat. that job is reserved for academics and journalists. it is not the cashier's job to tell this idiot, oh, well u see, subway's board of directors raised the price on this and then didnt take the steps to inform marketing and advertising so that they can produce new signs and the give the new signs to the managers so they can replace the old signs

if u want to fault anyone in the video is the manager who left the sign up after the policy changed

EITHER FUCKING WAY it is unacceptable to yell at people who are just trying to do their fucking jobs and survive inside a capitalist system that pits us all against each other in fierce competition for survival

fuck u btw
>>
>>573858719
>shoot the place up
you mean with his words right?
>>
>>573858482
>I'm not in the mood for anyone screaming at me.

Then quit your job where people scream at you when you fuck up, because it sounds like you keep fucking up and you keep getting screamed at, which is a part of your job.
>>
>>573853674

5 dolla for thew cookie @ shitty fastfood ?

WHAT THE FOOCK???

i see how food corps slowly melt your brain
i hope they never reach my country
>>
>>573857136
Tipping exists as an incentive for good service. You're paying for the food in the restaurant and then you're paying the server/busser/food runner to provide you with fast and enjoyable service.

If you go to a place where tipping isn't expected, you're going to get worse service, or you're going to pay inflated food prices.

People work harder when they're going to get more money for it. If you don't want to tip a bad waiter or waitress, then don't tip them, leave them a note, something.

A bus driver, a mailman, and a life guard (most of the time) get paid well above minimum wage. A sales clerk makes commission a lot of the time, which is basically like a tip (reward for good performance).

If you don't like having to pay people to serve you then don't go out to eat or eat at a restaurant that doesn't have servers/waiters.
>>
>>573858367
You needed to calmly explain to the customer that the price advertised for the cookies is not correct, and that till rings up the cookies for $5.50 before tax.

To this, the customer can then only rage at false advertising to which you must apologise and offer him the option to give his money back.

You are BAD at customer service and I would not hire you.
>>
>>573858764
>the owner does all of that because franchise runs the prices.

And did you never consider telling the owner "hey this sign says $5 but it rings up as 5.50, you wanna change it or something boss?"

Do you just keep seeing this guy and having a yelling contest every time he comes in? And then you have the balls to complain about him?
>>
>>573858764
>IQ is above 90
What an accomplishment.
>>
>>573858764
so it never occurred to you to ask upper management to get correct pricing displays? it almost sounds like you don't want people buying food from you.
>>
>>573858896

I'm not bad at customer service, I did it for the lulz to be totally honest. The old man is a cockhead that constantly tries to make other people lives miserable.
>>
>>573858610

Do you not get that if an employee took down an advertisement the manager would get pissed and punished him? The less you deviate from what you're supposed to do, the less you stand out, the longer you last at the job.
>>
>>573858921
Kek, yet he works in subway
>>
>>573856781
To Insure Proper Service
T.I.P.S.
Its why waitresses get paid less than minimum wage (and must pay taxes on there tips)
>>
>>573858797
It's better than what he currently has. It would also look better on a resume than just being another normal employee. That way he can get a real job even easier.
>>
The old guy was great. He was being ripped off and told the kids behind the register what's what. Realistically, the kid probably hit the wrong button and couldn't do simple math when it was brought to his attention that there was a fuck up.
>>
>>573858764
Quit trying to play this off like you didn't massively fuck up.

You clearly lie to the customer on the audio by alleging that the total amount was $5 + Tax. Either that or you are too stupid to hold a fucking subway job and should hang yourself. He doesn't flipshit if you don't tell him the sign is correct.
>>
>>573854867
>telling the truth
He was causing a commotion. he damn sure could send his ass out the door
>>
>>573858351
Well if he's 22, he can't give good customer service, and he still has the job, then he obviously isn't expected to give high quality customer service as his job.
>>
>>573859023

yeah cause im sure a management job at a subway can score him that nice excec job at any fortune 500.
>>
>>573858975
>the manager would get pissed and punished him?

I don't know about you, but if my manager punished me because I don't keep signs up that are lying and stealing from customers, I'd stop working for that kike.
>>
File: 1412074391069.jpg (27KB, 461x347px) Image search: [Google]
1412074391069.jpg
27KB, 461x347px
can somebody explain this to me, so in the US tax isn't included in the prices? Or is this Subway just retarded?

So many basic things are retarded in the US, i dont understand how you people cope.
>>
why would you put a sign up without tax ? is that normal in murica?
>>
>>573858092
oh my god call the police the fire department and the fbi horry shit god damn
>>573858095
u missed point go back to sleep you need more of it
>>573858276
>8% tax
do you even america bro? if you believe any state in america has 8% tax you must be from another country or live in the 90s oh my god my sides
>>
>>573859237

Yes.
>>
>>573858864
No shit
>>
>>573859175

That's great that you have that luxury to do that, but not everyone does.
>>
>>573859212
>>573859237

In merifatland we put up signs that say $5 with print in the corner that says "with applicable taxes" apparently because we can.
>>
>its 5.50 originally and the 0.45 tax on that so its 5.95
So why was the price 50 cents of from the beginning? Why isn't tax included in the price?

Old man is right.
>>573855427
> I'd have just given the man his 50 cents
But then you are fucking retarded, the tax is in percentage. There would be less tax on 5 dollars then on 5.50. ´
You would have to reimburse more then 50 cents.
>>
>>573853674
i faced a similar situation

>be me
>go to cafe
>order some food
>"for here or to go?"
>for here
>"if it is for here, you have to order a drink"
>i'm not thirsty, but OK
>"i'll have water"
>"we don't have water"
>"what do you have"
>lists drinks that i don't want, what kind of place doesn't have water?
>"there is nothing that i like"
>start to leave
>"but sir, you need to pay for your food"
>politely say, "i don't want any of your drinks, so i don't want to eat here"
>tries to tell me i still have to pay for food i ordered
>left and didn't look back
not even mad

admittedly, they hadn't got my money yet, but if i were the old guy i wouldn't have freaked out i would have just handed the food back and asked for my money back. if that didn't work. just leave.
>>
>>573859280

haha, yeah, I live in Alabama (I think its in like the top 5 for lowest sales tax) and most places are over 10%
>>
>>573858275
>do you live in one of those shithole countries full of retards?

what an amazing coincidence
>>
>>573859172
Of course it won't. If you think it would, you're a retard. It will get him slightly higher, though. Do you not understand progression?
>>
>>573858420
i believe the issue he had was the sign is advertising the wrong price. he expected to pay $5+tax instead he's paying $5.50 plus tax, its chump change but again the .50 cents extra isn't what he has an issue with its that the sign and what they charge was different. if the sign said $5.50 he would've paid and left without a word.
>>
>>573859280

I live in Illinois where the sales tax on restaurants is 6.25. Local/county taxes in Chicago bring it up to 10.25. 8% isn't unusual in the US, depends a lot on local taxes as well.
>>
File: let me correct you.jpg (10KB, 285x237px) Image search: [Google]
let me correct you.jpg
10KB, 285x237px
>>573859434

>believing in the American dream
>>
>>573859434

its a fast food job. none of it matters. as long as no one dies your all good.
>>
File: 1350044202844.png (205KB, 500x366px) Image search: [Google]
1350044202844.png
205KB, 500x366px
>>573859370
>if it is for here, you have to order a drink

what kind of backwards rule is this?
>>
>>573855095
manager of a dominos here
the guy did a horrible job handling it. he was passive not active and he let the customer take control of the situation.
but he isnt a manager. the manager should have intervened earlier is what went wrong there.
>>
>>573859421
HOLY FUCK!!!! I do, too.... wait... what if every country is just a shithole full of retards. MINDBLOWN! I love this thread suddenly, I'm writing my thesis on this idea! Wait a second, I didn't go to college... duh. hahahahahah bahahaha. heh... at least I can afford subway now.
>>
>>573857460
THIS THIS THIS
>>
>>573859434

Not understanding that, demonstrably, you don't work your way up that high, your born into it.
>>
File: 1411467986614.jpg (40KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
1411467986614.jpg
40KB, 500x371px
>>573859334
the fuck. I like going on holiday in the US but i could never live with all the dumb shit you guys have to deal with on a daily basis.

Im happy in kebab land thx.
>>
I work for Waitrose, a partnership supermarket in the UK.

Because we are all partners, and therefore literally own a part of everything we work with and sell, including profit (bonus every year, never lower than 12%) we can make decisions ourselves.

The product had a display price lower than the system. That's illegal and we would be required to sell it at the price it is advertised at. However, because I couldn't give a fuck about such a tiny amount, I'd probably give whatever to the customer half price.

That old guy is going to tell everyone he knows that story, from his point of view. That equals lost profit. Whereas doing right by a customer means they'll be back, more profit.

tl;dr: customer was right, staff were wrong, too stupid to help themselves.
>>
>>573858292
'human error' can lose your job
>>
Why don't Americans just automatically include the applicable taxes in the advertised price?
>>
>>573856615
> all day who complain about things that the employees have no control over
>Pull up a sharpe
>Add .50 on the 5 dollar sign

Done
>but muuh no control i am only a minimal wage slave
You don't have to be retarded just because you get paid less.
>>
>>573858965

I'm just going to go ahead and take solace in the fact that your life is going to be always be shit. Forget making your life better, you're just going to troll people at your shit job so that they can spend a few minutes experiencing what your life is like all the time. Fuck, now I feel sorry for you, because that moment right there is probably the most satisfying thing you've done in years, and you're too fucking dumb to figure out why that's a bad thing.
>>
>>573859808
Because they're fucking stupid
>>
>>573859626
I was raised by old people who actually went through all that crap, so it would make sense if I'm just mislead and not up to date.

>>573859635
Is that how people see it? I'm a pretty big faggot, so I take everything seriously and work hard at everything I do. It's how I was raised.
>>
The subpar subway cookie should have cost at a maximum $1.
>>
>>573858965
This is why you're "stuck" working at a fast food restaurant. You're a lazy piece of shit who doesn't understand false advertising and anyone upset about being lied to about the amount of money they're being charged is making "other people lives miserable."
>>
File: perruque-blonde-hippie-homme_1.jpg (1MB, 1888x2400px) Image search: [Google]
perruque-blonde-hippie-homme_1.jpg
1MB, 1888x2400px
>>573858620
Oyyy fuck the system bro

faggot
>>
>>573858965
and here you are making other peoples live miserable.

You're so much better.
>>
>>573857460

Srrsly this is the only post in this thread that isn't full of shit.

fuckthisshitimout.png
>>
>>573859783

> I work for Waitrose, a partnership supermarket in the UK.

OH TALLY HO DING DONG WOT WOT

HOWS THE OL TINGER IN THE DOODLE

I DO SAY WOT WOT SEEMS LIKE A FINE CHAP TUT TUT TAKE A FLIP FLAP DOWN TO THE WAITROSE AND HAVE A NICE WINGY WANG FOR YOUR SPITTLE SPAT
>>
>>573859986
I'm gonna guess it was in addition to a sandwich or a lot of cookies. A single cookie did not cost $5.
>>
File: ainsley.jpg (91KB, 396x594px) Image search: [Google]
ainsley.jpg
91KB, 396x594px
>>573858764
Guess what man. I'm gonna blow your mind. Are you ready?

You're stuck in the industry because you're lazy.

>implying you're even the employee in question
>>
>>573859952

im not sure if your being sarcastic or not

I'm a pretty big faggot, so I take everything seriously and work hard at everything I do. It's how I was raised.

seems like sarcasm but you do seem like a faggot.
>>
>>573860003
>>573859839
>>573860038

Refer to >>573857460
for why you're complete fucking morons.
>>
>>573859280
>clearly from california or vermont libtard run state
Yeah do you even america? sales tax is only that high in states who are run by libtards
>>
>>573859808
because the country is run by jews that like to cheat people out of their money.
>>
>>573857460
But, we just need to channel these people's anger... seriously... tons of people see how stupid the system is and they end up taking it out on poor stupid people working the service industry. It's like cows yelling at cows that this place wreaks of shit. We really ought get all these disgruntled customers mad at the real manager of this so called 'store' we live in, or farm... or whatever the fuck this life has turned into. Yeeehaw! I kinda mean this.
>>
File: homer.jpg (10KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
homer.jpg
10KB, 228x221px
>>573853674
What sate is this anyways? The old guy sounds kind of hickish. Probably on shitty social security and has to watch every dime he has. You'll be there someday, anon.
>>
>>573859280
The retardation saga continues. No wonder you keep saging, you keep getting BTFO with each retarded comment.
>>
canadafag here.

Does America or any other country not have the "scanning code of practice" for retail/food?
>>
>>573860125

ahhh another one of u 'pull urself up by ur bootstraps' retards

do u not understand yet that capitalism is inherently exclusionary? for everyone who succeeds, someone must fail, and many people fail for reasons completely outside their control

ive known countless people in my life who work as hard as humanly possible for very little reward and thats because we dont live in a meritocracy as you imply but rather a plutocracy where we are governed by the rich and social and economic inequality continues to worsen and the gap between classes becomes more stratified everyday

go to school kid
>>
>>573860212

kill the rest of the beetles?
>>
>>573859808
because, far as i know, they mass print those signs and sales taxes vary from state to state? the sign would still be missing the .50 cents the old man was going bonkers over either way.
>>
>>573860212
We need to stop employees from using the Nuremberg defense rather than their brains.
>>
>>573860201
i think new york and san francisco have the highest sales taxes in the US and they are both quite liberal. never thought of that. two liberal cities with taxes that hurt poor the most

hmmmm
>>
>>573853674
old farts are always dicks they got nothin else to be grumpy about haha
>>
>>573860198
I'm not the asshole admittedly trolling somebody at his shit job, just because it's a shit job. Sure the old man could have handled himself better. That doesn't make what you did right. Have fun being a sandwich artist for the next 20 years.
>>
>>573860405

Failure to use the Nuremberg Defense would have resulted in me being fired. I have an owner of... Middle Eastern descent.
>>
>>573860126
Wasn't sarcasm. I'm not the type to think I'm perfect or right the majority of the time, and I like to make jokes out of all my faults.

But yeah I'm pretty gay. hmu if you're interested
>>
>>573860198
You're a 22 year old man who can't understand why the man who has come in before and complained about their lying sign is still upset about being lied to on the price.

He has every right to be upset, and this has happened before, and you have never learned how to fix the situation about people being lied to and having their money stolen.

Maybe you should take it upon yourself to find out why people are pissed at you, and complaining about your prices, instead of just saying like a fucking brainless moron "IT'S 5.50 IN THE COMPOOTA, I CAN'T CHANGE IT!" Maybe then you might get promoted from entry-level fast food jobs?

Maybe then you might be able to hold a fucking job, by accommodating people who have been lied to by your false advertising?
>>
>>573860458

im pretty sure alaska has the highest tax around 43 percent or at least that is what "they" say
>>
>>573860508
Have fun taking it up the ass, faggot
>>
>>573859280
8.8% sales tax here in southwest Washington(non-DC)
>>
>>573859721

that's the joke i was making, yes

thanks for dragging the joke out back and beating it to an unrecognizable pulp with the twin metaphorical guns of gracelessness and Being Thick as Pigshit
>>
And since when did "I don't make the rules, I just enforce them... even though I completely don't agree with them either" become acceptable? This kinda mentality deserves punishment until it is no longer accepted by any of us... including the sheep.
>>
>>573860519
That's exactly what the German's said, you fucking scumbag.
>>
>>573860508

I never said I was right for doing it, I said I did it for the lulz. Be glad this content even got produced. I didn't make the thread about it but this thread has been more entertaining that half the shit posted on /b/ in the last year or so.
>>
File: meanwhile in the ME.gif (913KB, 230x286px) Image search: [Google]
meanwhile in the ME.gif
913KB, 230x286px
>>573859780

"Im happy in kebab land thx."

The category is: things people never say
>>
>>573857568
WHY ARE YOU LYING TO THE COSTUMERS?
>>
>>573860519
marry one of his ugly daughters and inherit that sweet sweet shitty franchise business chain he probably runs.
>>
File: 1401938659020.jpg (126KB, 451x344px) Image search: [Google]
1401938659020.jpg
126KB, 451x344px
Both of the employees are fucking retards. If you side with them you're just as stupid and worthless. It's practically fraud and they we're too ignorant to understand why he got upset the first time. When the nigger comes over and attempts to speak English it makes things worse since she has no idea what the problem even is. If she was the manager the bitch should be fired immediately and the kid needs to be trained again or fired for being a little faggot ass bitch.
>>
>>573860553

nah i hate parade so i hate gays too. Working hard is a waste of time. Unless your a criminal or athlete then it is worth it. Maybe musician too.
>>
>>573860619
>I said I did it for the lulz.

Yeah, being a loser /b/tard dipshit working fast food, you sure are cool pissing off customers FOR TEH LULZ! I bet everyone wants to be like you, earning minimum wage in their 20s and bragging about their failures in their job on the internet.

You're such a funny guy.
>>
>>573860561
43 percent sales tax? i find that difficult to believe
>>
>>573860619
You're welcome man, saw the post over on your page and figured "Fuck it lets get some discussion going on this."
>>
>>573860405

Yeah because war crimes =/= customer service issues. Seriously, if you're living in many places in America right now, you need that job, and arguing with management to try and change shit isn't going to help you out much.
>>
>>573860561
LOL
>43 percent sales tax
That doesn't happen anywhere in the US dumbass. If you're talking about regular taxes, alaska has the LOWEST tax rate of any state. They actually pay their residents to live there because they needed to encourage people to move there for so long.
>>
File: 1401141597509.jpg (162KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1401141597509.jpg
162KB, 960x1280px
>>573860615
Hitler did nothing wrong
>>
File: 5423752445.jpg (160KB, 625x433px) Image search: [Google]
5423752445.jpg
160KB, 625x433px
My sides. Subway is for faggots. Last time I went to Taco Bell (Da Place), the girl got my order wrong, I ordered a Nachos Bell Grande, Taco Salad, Mexican Pizza and she handed me a large Pepsi instead of the Pizza. She clearly re-read my order at the drive-thru that I wanted a Mexican Pizza, so the manager kindly asked me to park at the front and he walked over to my truck and hand-delivered my Pizza. Fuck Subway, bread tastes like candlewax, the deli is tasteless, all i can taste is candlewax and green peppers and who gives two shits about sea salted chips (topfuckingkek)
>>
>>573860701

no u fucking shitheel, this video is a product of the influence that the profit incentive has on us as individuals. a cashier cannot commit fraud by charging the amount of money he was trained to by his manager. the system we live in requires us to exploit each other in order to survive

if u want to get mad about exploitation then go start the revolution idiot ill be right behind u
>>
>>573860756

No I'm not that funny actually, like I said, just did it for the lulz. You probably would to if you were stuck making $800 a month on 38 hour 6 day weeks with four off days a month barely being able to afford the price of living.
>>
>>573860561
http://www.sale-tax.com/Alaska

0%
>>
>>573853674

Can someone explain to an Eurofag what's all this?
>>
>>573860758
There isn't necessarily a 43% tax but there definitely is a huge markup on just about everything, usually at least 30%.
>>
>>573860782
>arguing with management to try and change shit

Telling management about upset customers threatening false advertising charges probably isn't going to get you fired. I don't know what kind of third-world shithole you live in, but usually my managers enjoy being told why customers are upset and storm out without buying anything.
>>
>>573860786

for that comment i am bumping it up to 57 percent
>>
>>573860508

If what he says is true and this guy is a repeat customer who has frequently been an asshole (which I totally believe - I've dealt with many customers like this), I can understand why not going all out to cater to him is the first thing on your mind. Sure, he could've been done some things differently, but overall he really didn't do anything particularly wrong.
>>
>>573860595
You gotta write it so the common man can follow, bro... sarcasm is lost on most. They like to be corn-fed though --- anyway, sorry I ruined your moment of witty anon humor, I'll leave ya to it!
>>
>>573853674

In NZ our taxes are included in the price on all the signs shops put up so we know what the real price is. All this nonsense could be avoided.
>>
>>573853674
I'd have made a big deal too, perhaps not freaking out quite as much but the old guy is absolutely completely right.

It's not about how much it is, it's the fact that the store is saying one thing and doing another. Nothing pisses me off more than that.
>>
y'all remember about a week ago when that subway employee posted pics of himself rubbing his dick on the bread loaves?

>>573853674

this "hurr my shitty, cheap fast food experience should be free of any minor issues" attitude is a big part of what causes the "ima rub my dick on your bread" attitude.
>>
>>573860635
its not quite that kebab where i live, though its kebab enough i automatically hate all Arabs.
>>
>>573860782
that's how it starts. next he'll be cooking jews and retards in the oven. And since he's a retard, he'd end up having to cook himself.
>>
File: 1389413402595.jpg (45KB, 506x513px) Image search: [Google]
1389413402595.jpg
45KB, 506x513px
>>573860865
>>573860865

So you fucked with a customer because you're a failure. HA what a faggot. Enjoy being a subhuman piece of trash everyone looks down upon. You also work with niggers. LULZ
>>
>>573860558

What the fuck is he supposed to do? Have you ever used a POS system? Or worked in a restaurant? Or worked in a chain restaurant?
>>
File: brain problems.gif (59KB, 543x382px) Image search: [Google]
brain problems.gif
59KB, 543x382px
>>573860329
The amount of shit spewing from your fingers to the keyboard through the internet onto my screen is unreal.

How'd you do it bro?

>MFW BBA in Economics
>>
Nah, Certain cities in AK peaks at 7% (according to the magical search engine). Sales tax is also levied by cities. Seattle is at like 9.5 or 10%. Oddly enough, Alabama has higher rates in some of their bigger cities.

Where is this video from?
>>
actually a lot of conservative states have pretty high sales taxes too

http://www.sale-tax.com/

check the local rate range
>>
>>573860906
Sign says $5. Tax is computed when the kid puts it into the register.
When he puts the item into the register, the item is considered $5.50, then tax is computed after that, making it $5.95. You can really just ignore the taxes. Sign says $5, computer has it listed as $5.50.
>>
i use to work at subway, maybe he rung it up wrong.

there is a button for 1 cookie, 3 cookies, and 12 cookies.

The 1 cookie button and the 3 cookie button are right on the front page when you go to ring up the customer, where the 12 cookies is on another page called the LTO screen.

my guess is he hit the 3 cookie button 4 times.
>>
>>573860950
>butthurt libtard living in the big apple confirmed.
Enjoy your sense of superiority for 'being one of the few states who care about the poor' while keeping drug addicts in just enough money to maintain their habit and not make any life changes and tax your poorest people into total poverty.
>>
>>573861097
>What the fuck is he supposed to do?

Apologize

Learn to work the register

Understand how much 8% of $5 is before arguing with a man who likely has a high school degree when you obviously don't

Seriously. Every register I've ever seen has a way to enter an amount manually, from a coupon without a scan, or otherwise.

And why would you argue about the price and sales tax when you can't do fucking math?

And where was the "I'm sorry, I can't change it?" Just "I can't change it."
>>
>>573858965
He can be the biggest prick in the world, but he's right and you know it.

You just giving him an excuse.
>>
>>573860837
Forget to mention, I got charged the $1.?? price of the large Pepsi and still got the $3.?? Mexican Pizza for the price of the Pepsi.
>>
>>573861006
this used to be true here in japan too. then they raised the sales tax and dropped that requirement. it is very confusing.

politicians suck
>>
>>573860942

Fine. Tell the manager. Then the manager doesn't do anything because he has to contact the owner who doesn't care. It's a chain of command, and the employee is at the bottom. The old guy comes back in and despite having this issue before goes through it again and freaks out at the guy at the bottom of the ladder.
>>
>>573861353

Nope, Went to catering and hit 12 cookies. Came up to $5.50.

Hitting 3 Cookies 4 times would have made the price $6.95
>>
>>573855136

nobody in any respectable job uses their subway manager as a reference.
>>
>>573861036

>this "hurr my shitty, cheap fast food experience should be free of any minor issues" attitude is a big part of what causes the "ima rub my dick on your bread" attitude.

No it fucken isn't, rubbing you dick on some bread is just showing how much of a whiny faggot you are, shitty wages aren't the customers fault.
>>
15% tax here for "most" goods.
Peaks to 21% if there some eco bullshit or some other law.
So fuck you guys

(and then 40% of our pay is drained into the "government" 60 for luxury tax bracket...)
>>
>>573860854
>>573860329
>>573858813
>>573857990
>>573857812
>>573857603
>>573856856
>>573856773
>>573856615

anarchist anon is anarchist and correct about everything as per usual

>>573861123

>MFW BBA in Economics

thres ur problem moron, ur fuckin brainwashed by the same academic economists that caused the global financial crisis in 08

good job at listening to sociopaths and taking everythig they tell u as gospel
>>
>>573861357

i dont know what the big apple is. new york or chicago right?

and now the tax is 69!
>>
>>573861097
Well, this is a CRAZY idea... I know, but bear with me here.... if none of these dipshits worked for the system, then it sure would be hard for the system to work the dipshits. But, I guess we can't blame the guy enforcing the system here, he is just doing it his job.
>>
>>573861406
>The old guy comes back in and despite having this issue before goes through it again and freaks out at the guy at the bottom of the ladder.

And the guy at the bottom of the ladder can clearly explain to the man "I have told the manager about the sign. I'm sorry, he won't change it. I can bring him here now if you want to ask him about it?"

There's a lot more to do than just standing there with a thumb in his ass, calling over a monkey, and saying "no I can't change it."
>>
>>573860329
>go to school kid

No...I think you are the one who needs an education. That was one of the most retarded things I have EVER read.
>>
>>573861358
Thank you.

This would require listening to the customer instead of him creating a defense in his head while the customer is talking.

This kid was hearing, but not listening.
>>
to those demanding some common sense out of the register kid, if you want competence from fast food workers, pay them a decent wage. otherwise you get what you pay for.
>>
File: 1412816723682.gif (2MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1412816723682.gif
2MB, 300x300px
>>573854228
He did make a point though, the dude probably only makes minimum wage and he ain't got time for that shit. I say the problem wasn't in the old man or the cashier it's in the american government. btw for those of you who don't know American minimum wage is 7.25 usd
>>
>>573855962
>Why is it regular people who would be nice the rest of the time lose their shit when it comes to retail and food?

because it's the most basic job, and should be able to be done by anybody. all the kid had to do was get his manager right off or just give the guy his 50 cents + tax back and tell the manager afterward. not give the old guy attitude.

i can't tell you how many brainless kids work registers who don't engage their heads past being able to move their arm to press the food button. they fuck shit up all the time even then. then they give YOU attitude like it's your fault.
>>
Old man on his period or what?
>>
>>573858797
More like getting a good resume for the next job instead of being another mediocre former fast food worker a long with all the other Joaquins, Sheniquas and Cletusus.
>>
>>573861381
Abenomics.
>>
>>573861558
Big Apple == New York.
This kid is in Alabama or something.

Chicago the customer would have shot this fucker (highest murder rate in US!!! GO CHICAGO!!)
>>
> tax

top kek
>>
>>573861465

didn't say anything about wages brah.

Nasty attitude = dickbread

Not my rule. It's a rule as old as time.
>>
>>573859818
>pull out a sharpie and draw on corporate sign on your own initiative
>Get written up for destroying a sign, loose job

or

>Remove sign, store no longer meats franchise standards, get written up, get fired

>Tell boss sign is wrong, boss gets 30 signs a month and has to pay for a corporate approved technician to come change the most simple register setting, boss does nothing.

>Tell people the price on the song is wrong up front, reduce sales, get written up for going off script, get fired

You fags have never worked franchise fast food because mommy paid for everything until daddy gave you his construction business where you stand in the back of a pickup ordering around mexicans
>>
>>573861641
>he ain't got time for that shit

Did you see the restaurant? It was empty. At that moment, he was being paid solely for the purpose of taking that guy's order. He fucked it up.
>>
>>573856726
It's the same in the US. I work at a Circle K and override prices all the time to match the signage. It's just that most clerks fear for their jobs when doing that kind of thing when in reality most managers care very little for charging someone a lower price as long as you inform them that there is an incorrectly advertised price.
>>
>>573861572

that would get the manager mad at him.

i would prefer some old dick mad at me then the guy who makes the schedule and can ruin my day
>>
As I scroll down the thread and see the employee continuing to reply I also see the trolling significantly intensifies kek
>>
>>573861358

As he said, this guy has been a repeat asshole customer. While I think apologizing is always the right thing to do, I can at least understand why he didn't. Changing the price manually would've made the transaction look strange to the manager at the end of the night who would've confronted the employee the next day. Not worth dealing with that or giving an asshole customer that benefit when hundreds of other customers just deal with it because they know it has nothing to do with you.
>>
>>573861607

oh word so wheres ur well thought out rebuttal? oh right u dont have one because ur fucking stupid and u have no idea what ur talking about

money is the root of all evil, capitalism is tearing us apart as a species and ruining our planet. wheres ur sources? my source is the melt zone of the greenland ice sheet, what do u ahve? absolutely fucking nothing u brainwashed automoton
>>
>>573861754

Actually that camera only sees the front door. There were other customers in line and I apologized at the end of the video to the one the other employee held up when she tried to shut the guy up.
>>
>>573861764
That's because you have a brain and don't depend on the Nuremberg defense for everything.

Well done, sir.
>>
>>573861739
>Tell boss sign is wrong, boss gets 30 signs a month and has to pay for a corporate approved technician to come change the most simple register setting

Or the boss might take down the piece of paper sign that is advertising the wrong price?

Did you not think this through?
>>
ITT: retarded people. yeah the old man reacted a lot more harshly over $0.50 than most people would, the kid at the register reacted the wrong way entirely from the get-go. not like, "oh damn that sign has a different price than our system has," but just immediately escalated to "WELL WE DON'T CONTROL THE PRICE SIR"? i work a sammich shop. yes, sometimes people are shitty, but this guy was completely right and only flipped out after he was treated poorly.
>>
>>573861707
I'm almost 100% sure it's detroit. That is just an enclosed area where wild gangs of nigs roam old abandoned and decaying structures now. I want to open up a business where I take jap tourists in a bulletproof bus through detroit ghettos
>oh da niggaaa-san soo big
>all taking flash photos
>$5 dollars for a fried chicken leg to feed the niggers
>>
>>573860125

just pay this fiddy cent and get the fuck out

have a good day!
>>
>Not including tax in the advertised price
Sweet jesus
>>
>>573861704
Japan is currently threatened with deflation not inflation, abenomics wants more inflation and can't get it.
>>
>>573861641
Hardly enough to work on but to be honest if you get some good experience and work your ass off you can get a decent enough job. I'm getting paid $12 an hour to build shipping crates for greenhouses to be shipped in, Sure the job can suck sometimes but I get by.
>>
>>573861572

Okay, the old guy is now mad at your manager who is now mad at you for embarrassing him. There's no real good way to deal with this as the employee. Either you get bitched out by the manager or by the old guy.
>>
>>573861523
I know you're trolling. But it still pisses me off. I guess that's how you know you're a good troll.
>>
>>573861739
I've worked at a franchise place. This just isn't true. I think you're completely bullshitting that 'you had explained this to the man before' from the conversation in the video. I think you're just a 22 year old meth addicted high school drop out idiot like most of the people who work at franchises. It's why I got out after a few months and you'll be there for many years to come.
>>
>>573859635
If you are a teenager that gets a excellent resume from your former employee in the fast food industry that shows that you are both mature, can handle stress and that you will do a good job regardless of what you get paid or where you work.

Every one can do a good job is work is easy, fun and pays well. Doing it when work is shitty, boring and with shit pay shows character.
>>
>>573861919

i think i heard about that in another shithole city. they had to get permission from the gangs and pay them a percent
>>
>>573861891
I already pointed out subway is a franchise and they are REQUIRED to post these signs, failure to adhere 100% to the designated arranged with have your license to operate pulled. Did you not think this through? Or have you just never worked for a franchise? Subway literally requires the meat to be placed in specific amounts with specific folds, in specific order
>>
>>573861994

not what the issue was. did you watch the video for more than 20 seconds? the issue was that the advertised price was $5, the actual price was $5.50+tax.
>>
File: 1399334616464.jpg (127KB, 522x696px) Image search: [Google]
1399334616464.jpg
127KB, 522x696px
>>573861858
>>573861858
>>573861858
>>573861858

You are a FUCKING PIECE OF TRASH. You deserve your shit job with little pay you fucking faggot ass bitch. Don't bring your bullshit into work unless you're a bitch, bitch.

>wagh I dont get paid enough for this

You fucked up in the first place by being incompetent and unable to explain something simple that was out of your control even though it really wasn't just you and that coon cunt manager are worthless human beings.
>>
>>573861919
I would for sure go on that tour. Next time I come to America I want a tour of Chicago and Detroit.

Chicago had some impressive murder numbers when I checked. And downright first world homicide not just nigs in a rainforest or sandniggers cutting their heads off. kek.
>>
So I think its settled we need to get this kid fired. Clearly trying to defraud the elderly. Its not even the fraud that got to me it was the attitude.
>>
>>573861739
That's totally it. No one who isn't working a shit fast food job ever had to work one before hand. I worked at subway kid. That job is so cake you should have god damn diabetes. Sure the pay is shit, but nothing about that job is stressful. Put on your big boy pants and grow the fuck up.
>>
>>573861858
Why do you keep being dishonest? You lied about the price , then about "lulz" (your tone of voice made it clear that you were confused), and are now saying there were other customers. We can see the video. We know you were saying sorry to your coworker. Just stop fibbing, Pinocchio.
>>
>>573857568
do you believe the person who made the sign responsible?
>>
>>573862183
>they are REQUIRED to post these signs

>but not REQUIRED by to charge the price advertised on the signs

Oh wait, they're REQUIRED to charge their advertised price, too. Why is it okay to break the law, when it's not okay to break corporate policy?
>>
>>573862034
raising the sales tax has had little effect. before the tax was raised, there was a small uptick in consumption with an even smaller uptick in inflation. since the raise there was a dramatic drop in consumption, putting negative pressure on prices. it has since leveled off and slightly lags pre-hike
>>
>>573862262

i disagree completely but we should still get him fired because that would be funny
>>
>>573860837
lol, I like this guy
>>
>>573862368
Where do I report this faggot?
>>
>>573862310

Are you deaf? The coworkers voice is clearly different from the lady in line.

>>573862324

Honestly it's between the owner and franchise. I can't do shit about POS prices and if I try, I get fired, period.
>>
>>573862205
If the sign says $5 I would expect to pay $5 regardless of tax. Whenever the sign doesn't match the check out I usually pay the lowest price or get the item for free.
>>
>>573862212

South and west side are where the murders happen. Downtown/loop and the north side are very safe for the most part. South side is basically like fallout. All abandoned buildings and bombed out shops.
>>
>>573860323
Scop is voluntary in canada. Not everyone participates
>>
Dont get the guy fired /b/ros. It would be funny as all hell but the minimum wage workers have it hard enough.
>>
>>573862262

So I think its settled we need to get this old man disqualified from social security. Clearly a parasitic jew living off some archaic pension. Its not even the cheapness that got to me it was the attitude.
>>
>>573862183

dude, it doesn't fucking matter that they're required to post the signs. yes it's shitty of the company, but the guy at the register had a shit attitude immediately. I work at a large franchise sandwich shop, and yes, sometimes the company/owner of the store does something shitty, but when someone says something about it, i don't just say "I DON'T CONTROL THAT OKAY?", i explain the situation politely and apologize when a legitimate error has been made, like, y'know, false advertising on display.
>>
>>573862527
Nice. So you guys let the nigs kill the nigs? Smart thinking.
>>
File: digital.png (2KB, 360x96px) Image search: [Google]
digital.png
2KB, 360x96px
>>573860361
That makes sense.

But its smarter to just make a sign with the numbers being 88:88 written in white digital. That way the store owner can set what ever price he wants by just blackening out pieces of the 8.
>>
>>573862349

Yeah exactly Abe shouldn't have raised the sales tax.
>>
File: 954-4495.png (237KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
954-4495.png
237KB, 480x360px
>>573862607

let them? we couldn't stop them.
>>
>>573861435
lol, look at this subway genius, he memorized the fucking prices on his screen, ayy lmao, o i am laffin
>>
>>573861639
>basic math
>competence
>>
>>573853674
ITT: angry white kids with shitty jobs
>Old guy was just upset at his stupidity and lack of understanding. The employee acknowledged it was $5 but still was retarded enough to chalk the extra money up to tax. He also had the money unprofessional snobby response about not getting paid enough. Old guy should of threw the food at him.
>>
>>573862584
>have it hard
>makes sandwiches
Not old mates fault those retards didn't try hard enough at school
>>
>>573862672
At least it's contained. Now that other Anon's idea of having a bullet proof tour bus would be awesome.
>>
>>573862497
After hearing it again I have to agree with you. But you could have made your point without being a defensive ass, Pinocchio.
>>
>>573862785
Has anyone asked the question "Does his boss know this security footage has been posted, and is he aware one of his employees is bad mouthing his customers by posting it on the internet"? Maybe that's the direction this thread should go. IDK though its still early here in the land of the burger.
>>
>>573862858

I'm too used to the internet and shitty customers, I generally have a defensive attitude, Geppetto.
>>
>>573862034
>Listening to talking heads that don't even look at the data

<2% inflation isn't deflation like everybody seems to think. Japan was never threatened with deflation. Deflation would be good for Japan. Planned economies don't work. It's like trying to take a shower at a specific temperature, but the temperature is constantly fluctuating and your valves have a 5 minutes delay. The more you turn the valves the more difficult it is to find the right temperature.

Besides Japan has had inflation rates higher than 3% for a while now.
>>
archived ur welcome

4archive.org/b/thread/573853674
>>
>>573862935
Why did you post security footage on the interwebz?
>>
>>573862990

great i always knew i'd be a fuckin maymay
>>
>>573862935
What does "Sorry for ya" even mean. Were you kicked out of your first bar the night before and saw a drunk getting thrown out and you wanted to feel some sort of power? Why couldn't you just say "Sorry". You kept the situation going and for that should be canned.
>>
>>573863051
Christ, you deserve to work at subway.
>>
File: lies.jpg (13KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
lies.jpg
13KB, 225x225px
Sometimes, I feel I'm the only one who wakes up everyday and hates the world we live in... like everyone else wakes up and just screams enthusiasm about a 'norm' that was never actually desired or would have been even tolerated a few generations before us. Is it really so hard to understand why everyone seems pissed ALL the time for NO reason? Just look around you... marketing, politics, social media... how can you stomach it? I'd rather just not exist at this point than live this joke. And you all know it deep down, but nobody will do anything... hell, I don't even know if we could do anything at this point. That is why humans are becoming self-destructive. Only nature working itself out, baby.

And no amount of education will help you like the shithole we live in more. It just helps you play the game until you get tired and say fuck it'.
>>
>>573863096
There's a reason he claims he's "stuck in the industry," and it's not only his failure at basic math.
>>
>>573862927
I would love to see this kid get fired.
Thread posts: 364
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.